View Poll Results: Do you enjoy hosting parties?/Which quadra hosts the best parties?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoy hosting parties

4 10.53%
  • I do not enjoy hosting parties

15 39.47%
  • Alpha hosted parties are the best

6 15.79%
  • Beta hosted parties are the best

5 13.16%
  • Gamma hosted parties are the best

6 15.79%
  • Delta hosted parties are the best

2 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamma parties

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma parties

I'm pretty sure we all like to party, but what about throwing parties? I've thrown a few parties, and I find it very stressful, not just because I'm worried about neighbors/cops/my house, but I'm worried about people having a good time; I find myself frantically racing around the party, joining every conversation for a couple minutes just to make sure the vibes are good (an no one is getting too fucked up). Afterwards, I feel like I didn't even enjoy my own party. Therefore, I much rather prefer going to parties that other people host. I get to relax, and take in the different aspects of the party at my leisure.

However, I feel like gamma-hosted parties are better, because this sort of frantic "is everyone having a good time?" attitude really facilitates everyone having a good time; whereas beta/delta-hosted parties tend to let things take on a life of their own (for better or worse, but most often worse). I mean, after my parties, EVERYONE comments for weeks about how good they were, similarly with ESFp, and ISFj hosted parties. Comments about beta/delta parties typically aren't referred to as good, but as crazy/out-of-hand/ridiculous, or simply "a lot".

Discuss!
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't enjoy parties full-stop.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have thrown parties. I don't feel worried except for the preparation. I find gamma parties a bit too normal to actually be outstanding.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it when an ESTP is at the party, so things wil get out of control for sure.

I don't like to throw parties myself. For the same reasons as drd stated, and because I'm rather lazy.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy hosting parties, and I put gamma and beta as best party throwers.

whereas beta/delta-hosted parties tend to let things take on a life of their own (for better or worse, but most often worse)

and i find this to be very true, especially with beta parties. which is pretty much a huge cluster-fuck of drunkeness and drama between certain friends and non-friends.

I enjoy hosting because I like bouncing around to everyone. Among other reasons
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate parties. I just don't care for being in a big, loud environment unless it's with people I am close to. If that condition is met, my ideal party is a setting where everybody is comfortable and there is no weird chemistry or friction.

If I were throwing the party, I would be concerned with everyone feeling welcome and having enough to eat and drink, and I would adjust my demeanor according to the dispositions of the people there. Around extroverts I tend to ask a lot of questions and mostly listen, and around a lot of introverts I put on a bit of a show and pretty much become ESFp to inject some energy into the atmosphere (my introverted friends always think I'm extroverted, and my extroverted friends always think I'm the quietest person they know).

I would try to make sure that each guest can find food that they like, so I would ask them about their preferences ahead of time. As far as alcohol goes, I would only serve beer, because it's less likely that people will get really drunk and embarrass themselves or not be able to get home.

Really though, I hate the typical party. I used to go to big keggers at a college in Florida every Friday, and my INTp friend and I would spend most of the night sitting away from everyone else, discussing philosophy and science and literature. I consider parties an excuse to hide with someone interesting and actually have a (to me) stimulating discussion. Trying to participate in alpha/beta time at parties just makes me feel ashamed and immature.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha parties are amazing. Not usually too rowdy or too anything for anyone and the food is always awesome ESEs make super hostesses.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    (my introverted friends always think I'm extroverted, and my extroverted friends always think I'm the quietest person they know).
    I kind of hate this thing of ISFjs. I always think that they hate me because they are quiet around me. Oh yeah same for ISTjs. I gotta just try to be quiet for a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like hosting, it's too much work. I usually make sure there's a river of alcohol and try to have some Eps and ExFjs to make it fun.

Around extroverts I tend to ask a lot of questions and mostly listen, and around a lot of introverts I put on a bit of a show and pretty much become ESFp to inject some energy into the atmosphere (my introverted friends always think I'm extroverted, and my extroverted friends always think I'm the quietest person they know).
    I relate with this (except I become ESTp). Has to be Se creative.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    I enjoy hosting because I like bouncing around to everyone. Among other reasons
    You would :wink:

@ FDG: Normality in a party is so rare (for me), that I thoroughly enjoy it when it happens. It's nice to just chill with friends, some beer, talking (not too deep, and not just talking shit), playing video games and eating appetizers. It's a very pleasant change of pace from the beta/delta "cluster-fuck" of, "let's see how quickly we can drink this shit-ton of alcohol, smoke this half oz of weed, and snort this 8-ball of coke we just found in the couch! Then maybe we'll cheat on our significant others, vomit, take some Xanax and pass out, unless anyone has acid!?!"

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're forgetting a whole subset of anormality that does not imply any danger: dressing in strange ways, preparing exotic food, listening to unsual music, watching abnormal movies. This ain't dangerous, and ain't boring either.

Or just dancing all night long to different dj sets. I understand that I'm a very strong E though so our conceptions are bound to be different. I mean i'm an extravert positivist and you're an introvert negativist...every time i see a gamma party there are the entjs and esfps doing their wild things and to the opposite side the isfjs and intps talking with each other saying how stupid the entjs and esfps are but secretly envying them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree... i don't like my house getting trashed and the stressfulness of having to socialize with everyone and making sure everyone is ok, etc., but i do agree gamma parties are the best... probably the craziest haha
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

parties are in general disgusting.

if anyone is still convinced that drd is ILI, they should take a look at this thread, in addition to his last other thousand posts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

if anyone is still convinced that drd is ILI, they should take a look at this thread, in addition to his last other thousand posts.
    Started a new thread in "what's my type." Check it

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really though, I hate the typical party. I used to go to big keggers at a college in Florida every Friday, and my INTp friend and I would spend most of the night sitting away from everyone else, discussing philosophy and science and literature. I consider parties an excuse to
    hide with someone interesting and actually have a (to me) stimulating discussion.
    Trying to participate in alpha/beta time at parties just makes me feel ashamed and immature.
    That's a good point, I bounce around to everyone in general, but once I find someone interesting I try to make our interactions between just us, rather than a group interaction. Only difference is, I don't find many people I want to keep having the hide-away moment with. Usually only my lover and fellow hostess this happens with. I need more parties where I don't already know EVERYone and that I don't care much to spend more time with them than others.

However, I do like the beta energy, the "hey another shot!" mentality...but it can get carried away real fast. So normally I'll sneek off when people are not doing group shots and just have one to myself every once in a while, pacing myself. I'm not much for the excess, like drd described.

I don't find it stressful to socialize with everyone, becuase I know I don't HAVE to. I perhaps might worry about their comfort, but usually I'll safeguard everything so hardly any issues come up. Kind of like what Peter said about knowing what everyone likes before hand. I wouldn't invite people who I KNOW clash together, just for the sake of having more people.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

I never get invited to parties. So wtf do I know
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the only one to vote "enjoy" so far, I'm slightly shocked..or am I?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    I'm not adverse to it, but I'm not a big fan of parties either. I thought I was strange when I was in a junior college filled with Betas.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I should mention that I would like hosting parties if I didn't have to do it alone. I'd at least need lackies, if not a trusted fellow party-goer :wink:
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My views are similar to discojoe's.

When I have hosted parties, they usually took the form of quieter events with food and drink with people free to move about and form small, or larger, groups as they pleased. I have little problem with the kind of parties that are centered around music, dancing, etc, as long as there is space for people to also have quieter exchanges elsewhere. To me, "parties" are an occasion to meet several people you usually have little occasion to meet, and spend at least some time with each of them.

I deeply dislike parties where you're all supposed to do something together at the same time - as in, let's all play a game, or dance, or take part in one large conversational group.

To me, parties are a way to meet several people you like at once, but so that you can talk to them individually. I dislike it when being in "party mood" is demanded of me, as in, "everybody's dancing, why don't you dance" or "why don't you at least try ".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deeply dislike parties where you're all supposed to do something together at the same time - as in, let's all play a game, or dance, or take part in one large conversational group.
    yes
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate parties. I just don't care for being in a big, loud environment unless it's with people I am close to. If that condition is met, my ideal party is a setting where everybody is comfortable and there is no weird chemistry or friction.

If I were throwing the party, I would be concerned with everyone feeling welcome and having enough to eat and drink, and I would adjust my demeanor according to the dispositions of the people there. Around extroverts I tend to ask a lot of questions and mostly listen, and around a lot of introverts I put on a bit of a show and pretty much become ESFp to inject some energy into the atmosphere (my introverted friends always think I'm extroverted, and my extroverted friends always think I'm the quietest person they know).

I would try to make sure that each guest can find food that they like, so I would ask them about their preferences ahead of time. As far as alcohol goes, I would only serve beer, because it's less likely that people will get really drunk and embarrass themselves or not be able to get home.

Really though, I hate the typical party. I used to go to big keggers at a college in Florida every Friday, and my INTp friend and I would spend most of the night sitting away from everyone else, discussing philosophy and science and literature. I consider parties an excuse to hide with someone interesting and actually have a (to me) stimulating discussion. Trying to participate in alpha/beta time at parties just makes me feel ashamed and immature.

think i'm in agreement with you (and expat.) i have been to a few predominantly alpha parties that my brother has hosted, where group participation/merriment is more of a big deal. i generally feel awkward and will try to find lone other person who is just as awkward as i am where we'll go and have some conversation completely unrelated to the party (possibly like you've mentioned.) i feel awfully silly trying to play charades or whatever. i don't necessarily hate parties, only the ones you've mentioned where there's bizarre chemistry and friction. it's worse when you are actually trying to have a decent conversation and feel like you're pressured to go join the group.

as for hosting, i've never hosted a party at all.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason Joy really likes to play board games at parties (though I admit I've only seen this weird behavior around family and close friends). I can't stand board games. They're almost always luck-based (i.e. not fun) and I don't need them as an excuse to talk to people.

The only ones I'll play are chess, Risk, and Stratego.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gamma party at my place!!!!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    gamma party at my place!!!!
    Let's secretly make it an S&M fetish party just to see their reactions when they show up.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

But I still want to play chess :wink: I slightly share the dislike for games based on luck, but I'll usually still play them. I will just get way more pissed off when I lose than I normally would, because I was unable to fight to win. Because it's all luck....but anyhow...chess, thats a good game Not really for parties though

There is one party game I've played, Cranium, which IS really fun...but it has shit like charades in it and humming. But it also has a pictionary type challenge, and play dough to sculpt while the other person guesses. Then a random facts section, and word games section. The only time I'm ever eager to play this is when I've already had a few drinks, otherwise I have to be convinced. I'm not good with timers. And it isn't that I suck at charades either...it's just annoying for some reason to have to do it.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

But I still want to play chess :wink: I slightly share the dislike for games based on luck, but I'll usually still play them. I will just get way more pissed off when I lose than I normally would, because I was unable to fight to win. Because it's all luck....but anyhow...chess, thats a good game Not really for parties though

There is one party game I've played, Cranium, which IS really fun...but it has shit like charades in it and humming. But it also has a pictionary type challenge, and play dough to sculpt while the other person guesses. Then a random facts section, and word games section. The only time I'm ever eager to play this is when I've already had a few drinks, otherwise I have to be convinced. I'm not good with timers. And it isn't that I suck at charades either...it's just annoying for some reason to have to do it.
    ummm everything you just said =me. i hate shows and games based on luck soooo much. Deal or No Deal although entertaining, pisses me off.

Cranium is the shit. I own at the humdingers
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeopardy is the only decent game show.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeopardy is the only decent game show.

True! It's the only game show I've watched all the way through...except MatchGame.

ummm everything you just said =me. i hate shows and games based on luck soooo much. Deal or No Deal although entertaining, pisses me off.

Cranium is the shit. I own at the humdingers
    There is this other game that is played frequently called Egyptian rat screw (??) It is a game where you are laying down cards, so it is based on luck, but there are moments where you have to slap down on it faster than the other person, so it half luck, half mental agility. lol I will only play if we are NOT playing on the damn glass table, I dont know why they keep doing that (loud and its fucking glass!)

I got Stairway to Heaven the last time I played and I thought I HAD it. I was like, OH SHIT I'll own. But all I could think to hum was one line! I blanked out, how laaame.

Creative cat is my best category, I'm not too bad at acting things out...I just would prefer not to. I'm a back stage type of person, stage manager, bossing people around, missss that.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try Puerto Rico, almost no luck, considered by many the best board game ever.
    LSI

Hosting parties does not come naturally to me. I think the greatest obstacle there is the 'invasion of my privacy' - somehow I feel uncomfortable with the idea of others visiting my home. When we have a party at my place, I'm not free to do as I please - and while I'm usually OK with such restrictions, I can't stand them at home.

Regarding parties in general, I have a well-defined set of preferences. Here's a list of them, in order of importance:

0. Relaxed atmosphere
    1. Interesting discussions/topics
    2. Interesting people
    3. Culinary pleasures
    4. Comfortable surroundings

I definitely dislike:

0. Excessive noise (including almost any kind of music)
    1. Dancing (especially when i HAVE to dance)
    2. Strangers in my personal space (about 1 meter around me)
    3. Silly group activities (for example - 'let's get to know each other' games...brrr...)

For the aforementioned reasons I am the only person so far in the poll who prefers Delta hosted parties. The only Gammas I know who host parties are heavily into black metal music - which invokes my party dislike number 0. Otherwise, Gamma parties are fun.

P.S. Regarding board games - they can be fun. I personally prefer Settlers of Catan and Cashflow. If you haven't heard about them, just google - you might like what you see.
    ILI, INTp

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely like:

1. Dancing
    3. Silly group activities (for example - 'let's get to know each other' games.....)

I definitely dislike:
    0. Relaxed atmosphere
    Suomea

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have enjoyed holding parties at my house... I wouldn't call it "hosting" though. I don't do anything besides get drinking games going.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    I definitely like:

1. Dancing
    3. Silly group activities (for example - 'let's get to know each other' games.....)

I definitely dislike:
    0. Relaxed atmosphere
    Same here except for silly group activities

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 'like' party when there's a good stuff or friends.

I haven't go to any party about 5 mouth.... ehmmm, anyway I don't care.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I have enjoyed holding parties at my house... I wouldn't call it "hosting" though. I don't do anything besides get drinking games going.

LOL yea!

I'd set out bowls of food too maybe, but in the middle of the party or else every will eat them all at once. And be careful when ordering pizza, make sure to get at least 5. rofl

I'd like to try some theme parties sometime. Nothing you really have to participate in if you don't want to, but something to spice it up.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I definitely like:

1. Dancing

I definitely dislike:
    0. Relaxed atmosphere
    Same here :lol: except for silly group activities
    Beirut was what I was thinking of when I wrote it......:)
    Suomea

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I definitely like:

1. Dancing

I definitely dislike:
    0. Relaxed atmosphere
    Same here except for silly group activities
    Beirut was what I was thinking of when I wrote it......
    What's beirut? Besides, I don't know how could somebody dislike girls at less than 1 meter from himself...

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer pong....... but I guess thats very drunken American college kid style....:)
    Suomea

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I should mention that I would like hosting parties if I didn't have to do it alone. I'd at least need lackies, if not a trusted fellow party-goer :wink:
    yes i agree with this. you need partners in crime for sure. but i hate hosting in general; too much pressure.

at my age i hardly ever go to parties and usually they're pretty civilized, so er not that fun lol.

but i prefer an alpha-beta party for sure. lots of great food and stuff to drink, a band, some dancing, lots of small places to hang out. i kind of like them the wilder the better. even if i never get invited to these kind of soirees anymore,

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast