TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default good idea gilly

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    What are you doing if you're alone waiting on someone? On the grass/park bench/waiting room/etc.
    Answer the question. You can state what you believe your type to be, if you'd like, or comment on other people's answers.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very easy - I start reading a book or magazine. As Kristiina can testify, I always carry a book or magazine I'm reading.

Failing that, I probably start sending text messages to friends.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Very easy - I start reading a book or magazine. As Kristiina can testify, I always carry a book or magazine I'm reading.

Failing that, I probably start sending text messages to friends.
    Same

I am tempted to say, and, maybe, bust out a frisbee if other people are around (like on campus)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a bench I would undoubtedly sit back and just think. On the grass, I might play with some grass or sticks but inevitably I will end up laying down looking at the sky.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any of doing nothing/reading/(if traveling in a group) bitching about how much i hate standing here wasting time.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It varies... I doubt it would be very significant to type... hmm...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends where the bench is. If it's somewhere where there's a lot of people, I might people-watch, or start up a conversation with the person next to me. If not, probably either sketch something (I always carry a tiny sketchbook) or take a nap. Or, if the place is unpleasant, I might just pull out my iPod.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing. All situations. I'd even make a conscious effort to draw as little attention as possible. Just stand or sit still for as long as possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd do cartwheels and stuff too. and i didnt think of the phone. id probably send a couple txts. when i get bored ill usually send out one to joy, peter, stasia, and patrick before his phone went kaput.

i used to try to make baskets with the wide-blade grass. and i used to make the dandilion chains too, but i dont really seem them here in florida.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I either start staring into space, just thinking about w/e, or call someone to chat on my cell.

If it's a park, I'd probably walk around, so I won't be so bored waiting.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that doesn't happen to me very often. i hate waiting on people. but, when i do, i can't help staring at passers-by. even when i'm reading, i just have to inspect everybody in my visual range. i don't necessarily judge them. i just like staring at them, at times making sure they don't realise they're being watched. i'm always in the hope that they do something out of the ordinary (make a backflip, rob a bank, get arrested). anything to get my adrenaline up, to get my curiosity going. i sometimes recognise them from one of my previous watches. they sometimes recognise me, but most of the time they don't. ihave got a pretty outstanding visual memory so it's always fun to cross paths with an old face. it's real interesting because the ones i tend to remember are the ones who performed weird things in front of me. i know more about them than they could ever imagine. it isn't as fun when they remember you though. i'd rather be completely incognito.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ipod.

If I'm expecting to have to sit around for a while (like if I take my daughter to the park) I bring a book or a crossword puzzle or something with me.

I live in a fairly small town so I often see someone I know when I'm waiting somewhere, in which case I might get into a conversation.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sit and stare into space with my arms crossed and a cross (or high) look on my face. I'm not kidding.

ISFj I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't happen to me often because I'm likely to be the one someone is waiting for...I have some problems with being on time unless it is a very important meeting (in which case I arrive super early).

But let's assume I'm waiting for someone. I'm initially likely to be quite restless. Bored perhaps. Scanning my environment trying to find something interesting. Tapping my fingers. Looking at people. Possibly walking around but as likely just sitting still feeling restless. Eventually I might lose all interest in the outside world (if there is not enough exciting happening) and get absorbed into my head. Just thinking about random things. Going into a sort of trance like meditatitve state. I can do that during long travels and flights and such. I can spend considerable amount of time in that state. But I do that only after I have lost all hope of anything exciting happening around me.

I am very unlikely to start communicating with people. I might communicate with the people who I am waiting for though (using phone). Asking them when they will arrive and trying to make them haste a bit.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wait listen music, thinking/dreaming about whatever things came into my mind and look at the ground generally.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally people-watch. Sometimes I stop and experience the feel of the wind, breathe deeply or notice the sun on grass, reflections, the way light plays through branches, leaves; I especially like to watch water fountains. Cascades, ripples, etc. And of course, I ruminate.

Sometimes if it becomes a lengthy wait, I'll use the iPod or take out a food magazine (I usually have one with me) and peruse.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Sometimes I stop and experience the feel of the wind, breathe deeply or notice the sun on grass, reflections, the way light plays through branches, leaves; I especially like to watch water fountains. Cascades, ripples, etc.
    That sounds like , doesn't it?
    That's what I usually do, too, anyhow. I may also wander off in my thoughts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.