Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keywords, images, and photos to represent Beta quadra

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Keywords, images, and photos to represent Beta quadra

Which key words and images/photos represent Betas the best?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are SO not Beta.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    You are SO not Beta.
    Cool. Cheers mate. What do you think I am?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    i have a hard time not seeing Ezra as some sort of beta. he really seems to value Se and really doesn't seem to value Fi.
    When you, personally, say 'value', what do you mean? Because I'm having a really hard time accepting that I actually think Fe is a good way of being or a function that I admire.

i would accept his own ESTp self-typing even over most non-beta types for him.
    So basically you're accepting SLE through process of elimination. Essentially, you are thinking "he is not x, because of d" and "how can he be y when he thinks c?". Is my type really that unclear? Are their glaring contradictions that have forced you to reconsider your impressions of me? I'm very interested to know what you think.

Also, just out of curiosity, are you an LSE?

it's still possible ezra is not in your same quadra though.
    I agree. I'm 99% certain I'm not in Alpha, but to me, Beta, Gamma and Delta are still possibilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you tell whether my favorite photos are beta or gamma?
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found my new favourite website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    I just found my new favourite website.
    You mean flickr? Yes, it a great site. So my post helped you? That made me feel good!
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hashish: cool pix on that website for sure! :wink:

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i will ellaborate somewhere else Ezra because i don't want to derail things any more for Elzo here. i mostly just wanted to point out that, yes, the images you posted seem pretty beta to me. and that your type isn't the only one ever in question. (even if it is the most popular question.) one thing i will say is that i have a very difficult time seeing either of us as ESTj.
    I guess I'll never really understand "beta" values, then. Because those images are really quite repellent to me. There's nothing I value about military/camo/big guns and epic battle bloodlust. I prefer my passion much less martial.

Bleh.

Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i will ellaborate somewhere else Ezra because i don't want to derail things any more for Elzo here. i mostly just wanted to point out that, yes, the images you posted seem pretty beta to me. and that your type isn't the only one ever in question. (even if it is the most popular question.) one thing i will say is that i have a very difficult time seeing either of us as ESTj.
    I guess I'll never really understand "beta" values, then. Because those images are really quite repellent to me. There's nothing I value about military/camo/big guns and epic battle bloodlust. I prefer my passion much less martial.

Bleh.
    have you ever considered IEE/enfp?

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guess I'll never really understand "beta" values, then. Because those images are really quite repellent to me. There's nothing I value about military/camo/big guns and epic battle bloodlust. I prefer my passion much less martial.
    Same here. I can't believe people are actually serious when suggesting those things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they're caricature for sure, not something many people of any quadra desire IRL. but if you asked me which quadra they caricaturize best.. like in Elzo's alpha thread in comparison someone posted an image of pigs flying.

take the comparison a step further.. say someone made very many posts of theirs about some sort of peter pan/alice in wonder land/pigs flying light-hearted fantasy. we might think this person is trying too hard, trying to overplay a specific element of alpha to such a degree that doesn't really represent alphas IRL. it may even repulse other alphas with the suggestion of such.

but despite of the lack of measure in quantity, the quality of that imagery is still pretty alpha, and perhaps so are the person's motivations for posting it. (although they may not be their most self-mastered motivations..perhaps its something, in socionics talk, that they're seeking.)
    Oh yes, mindless expressions of violence, although extreme do capture the beta essence very well...

Think again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never said the images "caputre" beta. i don't think it's possible for a single image to capture a quadra. the point instead was that beta captures those pictures, at least more so than the other quadras i think.
    It's gross generalizations like that that distort reality. Child labor and exploitation would be best encompassed by gamma, slavery by delta, vileness by alpha, do you see where I'm going? Although you may be technically correct the aspect itself is still a far cry from your associations. It's like saying 1.000000000002 is larger then 1. 000000000001.

(a caricature often plays up only part of the whole.)
    Or in this case 0.0000000000000001% of it.

also i take disagreement with the word "mindless". so you are calling marines "mindless"?
    Do I see a picture of a marine not doing mindless violence? Do I see a picture of a marine playing chess, or strategizing, or being dutiful or do I see a person living it out through their weapon? (And also I never saw the marine in that picture. I just saw the picture and what it conveys, which I think was the point. You calling the person in the picture a marine is completely irrelevant)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mostly just wanted to point out that, yes, the images you posted seem pretty beta to me. and that your type isn't the only one ever in question. (even if it is the most popular question.)
    little red riding hood pointed out that many discussions that start off as nothing to do with me end up becoming a discussion of my type. FTR, I want to point out that while I lead them in that direction, I very rarely initiate them. It's things that people say like "you're SO not beta" that makes me want to talk about myself.

Bleh.
    It's probably a thing. Anyway, the Spartans were brought up as LSE 8w9s. The Se of the Spartan is related to Se demonstrative. I think it's the same case with the army. They like discipline (EJ) and fearlessness (Se) So perhaps you're correct; maybe those pictures aren't anything to do with betas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there anyone who would react well to those images?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really identified with the typical Beta descriptions, etiher, possible because almost none of them were written by actualy Beta's and described it from an "outsider" perspective. Anyway, here's my submission for Beta in image form:

This is that beautiful art deco sculpture of Atlas in front of Rockefeller Center by Lee Lawrie. In Beta terms, this is what is translates to for me: Live as if the world rested on every breath you took, every movement you made, and every word you uttered.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bowie, definately! Vain, artsy, multi-talented, quasi-evil and a bit twisted. Long live Beta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

child labor and slavery for comparison? that's ridiculous. those things are normatively problematic by default.
    Wait, are you actually saying that killing people isn't? As in, that is perfectly normal and accepted. The first picture is of a person standing on the corpses of a lot of other people with a savage look on their face. Are you saying there is nothing normatively problematic with that?

how do you figure those marines or that swordsman intend anything so "vile"? maybe they are fighting passionately (Se) for what they perceive as a just cause. as opposed to something like just "living through their weapons." the marine could also be perceived as making battlefield commands (very Ti).
    Gah, you are missing the issue. Try looking at it this way. How do you figure those people trafficking people intend anything so "vile"? maybe they are trafficking passionately (Se) for what they perceive as a just cause. as opposed to something like just "trafficking for the money". The traficker could also be perceived as obeying trafficking commands (very Ti).

You chose what situation to represent the concept you are trying to describe. There are a million alternatives to choose over the chosen examples that would equally (Or better) convey the beta spirit. It's people's prejudice that try to impose this as the standard, equate it with "being beta". I mean, what if I went around conveying the gamma spirit through analogies with human trafficking, child labor, human exploitation and other atrocities? Even if comparisons were technically valid it just wouldn't be proper or fair now would it? I'm rebelling against that, and you claiming there is nothing wrong with that I see as outrageous.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I never really identified with the typical Beta descriptions, etiher, possible because almost none of them were written by actualy Beta's and described it from an "outsider" perspective. Anyway, here's my submission for Beta in image form:

This is that beautiful art deco sculpture of Atlas in front of Rockefeller Center by Lee Lawrie. In Beta terms, this is what is translates to for me: Live as if the world rested on every breath you took, every movement you made, and every word you uttered.
    this seems more gamma to me. you know, kinda crystal clear and heroic without the Se/Ti.

ILE

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant it in more of a drama-queen Ni/Fe way. I don't really know how to represent Se/Ti as anything but sex, visually.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get any of these... how are any of these images necessarily Beta?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    I second that.

Are you a tory, bionicgoat?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I second that.

No...he's a Conservative Anarchist!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I meant it in more of a drama-queen Ni/Fe way. I don't really know how to represent Se/Ti as anything but sex, visually.
    lol yeah a la freddie mercury...

ILE

Creepy-bg

I second that.

the only thing I know about torrys is that they're some kind of political group in Britain. You'd need to elaborate for me to tell you if I am or not.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The Tories is the nickname for the Conservatives.

Creepy-bg

well if they fight against the Liberal Progressive Horde they're alright in my book!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very beta to me- a lot of people, bright colors, cool stuff. i think that there is something to be said about how the majority of ur pictures were of people.... so IEI of you!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Birds, images are personal likes and in theory could possibly reflect Beta.

X-mas tree: Making a joyful tree out of scraps...when that is all that you have. Keeping the spirit motivation up. (I'm not even christian).

Pennies: The artist finds pennies in popular places and paints the landscape on them. Adds personal meaning to items found on location. Also, makes me think of the seeming disregard of the penny.

Girl: Curiosity...Looking closely at phenomenon.

Ax-to-printer: Reminded me of office space. Getting frustration out. Doing something about your situation.

Clock/Mouse: Again recycle items, this time coming from a desire to not over-consume on minutiae.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive
    very beta to me- a lot of people, bright colors, cool stuff. i think that there is something to be said about how the majority of ur pictures were of people.... so IEI of you!
    Huh? I'm IEI and I rarely if ever find pictures of random people interesting. In fact, when I go on vacation, I prefer to take pics of scenery, buildings, nature, etc. (Maybe one or two of me just to prove I really was there!). I have a very strong attraction to the visually aesthetic...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashish
    Can you tell whether my favorite photos are beta or gamma?
    beta-see above; sorry aka- i was referring to hashish- maybe you can look at his favorite photos and see what you think
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I second that.

the only thing I know about torrys is that they're some kind of political group in Britain. You'd need to elaborate for me to tell you if I am or not.
    Well, the fact that you have CONSERVATIVE as your signature somehow suggests that you are in some way affiliated with the Conservative party.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that kind of shit appeals to Betas or represents them in any way, I am SO not Beta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? I'm IEI and I rarely if ever find pictures of random people interesting. In fact, when I go on vacation, I prefer to take pics of scenery, buildings, nature, etc. (Maybe one or two of me just to prove I really was there!). I have a very strong attraction to the visually aesthetic...
    So do I! My ESFj mum doesn't understand it at all, she always wants sombody to stand behind the camera when she notices an interesing building or something of that sort and then tries to catch the right frame for hours which pisses me off so much! I don't even photograph people 'cause I feel too abashed to ask them for posing or to just shoot because it may lead to an awkward situation.

Edit:
    But of course I DO find pictures of random people (really) interesting.

You reckon?
    INFp(INTp)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    If that kind of shit appeals to Betas or represents them in any way, I am SO not Beta.
    Well I like them, so ehh.
    Your thoughts impose no necessity on things.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you are a subtype bordering gamma, interest in things Si (bright colors?) + Fe is going to be weaker and/or more subdued. the problem with relating that to your ESTp self-typing though is that "people, bright colors, cool stuff" (within the present context) might also appeal to Se + Fi in some ways.
    I don't find any of that aesthetically attractive. What I do find aesthetically attractive is Minde's avatar. That is where my Si comes in. I truly enjoy that. The colours here are poorly portrayed and the pixelation is awful. It is aesthetically poor in quality. FTR, that first picture that I posted of the commando I really like. The colouring in that stands out very well. (At the same time, the Duke Nukem picture was awful and thus unappealing.) I only really like high pixelation, because I like quality in detail. It is very pleasureable to look at a good quality Flickr album, for example.

Anyway, I am falling away from my SLE self-typing. I'm finding it quite difficult to associate myself with Se leading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast