Thread: Day in the Life of a Misanthropic INTj

Default Day in the Life of a Misanthropic INTj

I found this on one of the Socionix Forum threads. I think that it is rather amusing:

A Hypothetical Day of a Misanthropic INTj Collegiate

Yes, I know that this refers to the MBTI INTJ, but I am sure Socionics INTjs would be able to relate to it, at least to some degree. I suppose that this could apply to any NT club type in general, though especially the introverts.

What are your opinions?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved it. Thank you.

Everyone is different, but you are very, very, very different. And you cannot help but love it.
    A woman called me pompous today after I confessed to her that my sober reality is too easy and that is why I would love mad hallucinations. What a bitch.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it strikes me that this guy is probably ILI.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Exactly what I was going to say too.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Yes.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elaborating a bit -- I think it's easier to say that he's not an LII than to say he's an ILI specifically (although I do think it's likely).

A lot of the author's ramblings are about his loathing for having precisely the kind of ESFj's Fe thrown at him, which he reacts to not only with loathing but also with sadistic thoughts. That shows not only that the author is not Fe dual-seeking, but also that Se is not likely to be a PoLR.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Elaborating a bit -- I think it's easier to say that he's not an LII than to say he's an ILI specifically (although I do think it's likely).
    Correct. And it is easy to say that he is not an MBTT INTJ either -- much more likely INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    A lot of the author's ramblings are about his loathing for having precisely the kind of ESFj's Fe thrown at him, which he reacts to not only with loathing but also with sadistic thoughts. That shows not only that the author is not Fe dual-seeking, but also that Se is not likely to be a PoLR.
    Correct.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit appalled by the gamma NT reactions to this...

Certainly not everything in there is incompatible with the socionics INTj, and quite a bit of it doesn't exactly sound like socionics' "a priest's calmness and restraint" INTp.

The whole thing is rather unrealistic, so I'm not wild about assigning a type to the person. I'm just keeping the option open that it was an INTj who just had some hyperbolized view of pathological introversion in mind and projected it on himself.

Fe dual seeking does NOT equal "liking to have your private space invaded". If you read the descriptions of INTj-ESFj dual interaction you'll notice that it is the ESFj that begins to fuss about things that are important to her/him in the proximity of the INTj, to which the INTj reacts by taking the initiative in communication. I've been in this kind of situation, and I can tell you the behavior of the alpha SF has to be perfectly right or the INTj's reaction will be cold and uncaring. ESFj DON'T force themselves into the life of INTj's. They're just "around" in a way that the INTj can't ignore. Also keep in mind INTj's are known for being reclusive, secretive and silent. Ti/Fe interaction works in very, very unobvious ways.

BTW, for anyone who wants to understand gamma NT behavior, just look at this thread. If they see a chance to eliminate an option, they jump on it. Very annoying when you actually want to take an undiluted, perspective independant look at things.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

A lot of that could be from a day in my life - but some of his thoughts are too harsh. I would never think about how enticing it would be to strangle someone...well, enticing would be completely the wrong word anyway.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat

Certainly not everything in there is incompatible with the socionics INTj, and quite a bit of it doesn't exactly sound like socionics' "a priest's calmness and restraint" INTp.

The whole thing is rather unrealistic, so I'm not wild about assigning a type to the person. I'm just keeping the option open that it was an INTj who just had some hyperbolized view of pathological introversion in mind and projected it on himself.

Fe dual seeking does NOT equal "liking to have your private space invaded". If you read the descriptions of INTj-ESFj dual interaction you'll notice that it is the ESFj that begins to fuss about things that are important to her/him in the proximity of the INTj, to which the INTj reacts by taking the initiative in communication. I've been in this kind of situation, and I can tell you the behavior of the alpha SF has to be perfectly right or the INTj's reaction will be cold and uncaring. ESFj DON'T force themselves into the life of INTj's. They're just "around" in a way that the INTj can't ignore. Also keep in mind INTj's are known for being reclusive, secretive and silent. Ti/Fe interaction works in very, very unobvious ways.

BTW, for anyone who wants to understand gamma NT behavior, just look at this thread. If they see a chance to eliminate an option, they jump on it. Very annoying when you actually want to take an undiluted, perspective independant look at things.

Hmm....
    Note: This was written on a cold winter night in late 1997, and posted on my website. I have received many e-mails over the years concerning this story, both positive and negative(though none swaying my opinion in any way!!!), so in the tradition of provocation, I have decided to put the story up once again!
    I'm thinking INTp-ESFp.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could see that.

Having had my say, I do think INTp is more likely than INTj. The strongest indication, to me, though, is the fact that he can write a running story with himself as the main character in a way that doesn't look choppy and awkward. A sign of "process" thinking if I'm not mistaken.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat

i totally disagree both with your conclusion and with your interpretation. the whole focus of the piece is on Ni; the importance of imagination, the lack of importance of worldly affairs (which is so exaggerated as so that this guy doesn't even care about the consequences of his actions as long as he doesn't have to sit through the tedium of everyday experience), and the desire to have the physical world completely submit to the possibilities of the mind is all incredibly textbook Ni.

even the parts where he says "you look back through the internet, searching for the interesting bit of information you vaguely remember" is an excellent reflection both of the fragmentation and lack of constant focus of the (dynamic) Ni mind and the value of Te tidbits.

clearly not all ILIs fit under the "priest's calmness and restraint" image, although in certain ways this guy does.

nobody is disputing this. by definition, LIIs are introverts. so are ILIs. but if you look at the functions that this guy uses and what he goes out of his way to avoid (the meaningless, spirited, expressive Fe communication of "you must help us effect social and practical change in the world" and "lets talk about our feelings now"), its pretty clear that this guy is not an ESE's dual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would probably be making my way to the door if I was forced into talking about my feelings.
    INTj

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bump. Yes, that was such a gamma NT.

How about alpha NT.
    Humanity. Humans and their relations... They develop some sort of inferior systems by taking their feelings account. They can't see the myriads of ways how it comes down.. periodically. We have enough data. There is a need for novelty sized face palm hand right now. Politicians... we need to outsource those positions to truly objective and logical artificial intelligence. Just imagine how much can be fine tuned for everyone. Let's ditch ideologies –̣ they are just essentially black and white nonsense. We could pretty much just parametrise everything.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Bump. Yes, that was such a gamma NT.

How about alpha NT.
    Humanity. Humans and their relations... They develop some sort of inferior systems by taking their feelings account. They can't see the myriads of ways how it comes down.. periodically. We have enough data. There is a need for novelty sized face palm hand right now. Politicians... we need to outsource those positions to truly objective and logical artificial intelligence. Just imagine how much can be fine tuned for everyone. Let's ditch ideologies –̣ they are just essentially black and white nonsense. We could pretty much just parametrise everything.
    That sounds like tbh. "Parametrizing everything", "technology will solve everything" -- these are typical ego fantasies. It could be sort of ILE-ish though, I guess, since there is a healthy dose of in there too. A more typical LII view is something like Star Trek (I type Gene Roddenberry as LII) - where technology is seen as something that can be both really awesome when done right, but taken to an extreme can end up completely destroying humanity, like the Borg.