Thread: Fi dominants: How do you feel about Fe?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi dominants: How do you feel about Fe?

I am pretty sure someone I know is an ISFj, but she asks sometimes, "is that mean?" I didn't think Fi dominants would really ask this question, unless they are unsure about their Fe use where it matters (in a formal situation crucial to their interests). I read that they will be polite and observe standards well.

This is also a question about one's 8th function use.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fi dominants: How do you feel about Fe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    I am pretty sure someone I know is an ISFj, but she asks sometimes, "is that mean?" I didn't think Fi dominants would really ask this question, unless they are unsure about their Fe use where it matters (in a formal situation crucial to their interests). I read that they will be polite and observe standards well.

This is also a question about one's 8th function use.
    8th function of ISFjs is Si.

Anyway, I have no problem generating Fe under the right circumstances, but it has to be with someone I am comfortable being expressive with. Otherwise, I see it as a big waste of time, and generally will disregard it. I understand that creating a pleasant atmosphere with Fe is something certain people need to feel comfortable, but it just doesn't feel like a productive use of my time.

However, a skill that I have learned is that complying with Fe standards to some extent is a more efficient way of accomplishing goals, so I will adhere to Fe in a limited capacity in order to complete tasks or keep certain relations pleasant. For example, my brother is probably ENTp, and sometimes he will just randomly call me for no reason and want to talk. If I don't express some degree of enthusiasm in speaking with him, he will get depressed and deactivate, and try to get off the phone without realizing it. Since I want to minimize emotional distance between the two of us, I will comply with his emotional needs to some extent, and he appreciates it whether he is aware of it or not.

As far as asking for advice on whether or not something is mean, I have no idea. I've never had to ask for this kind of advice.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter offers Fe less than almost anyone I've ever known... unless, like he said, he's with one of the handful of people he feels comfortable with, of course.

fwiw msk, I very frequently ask if something is mean.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/