Thread: Question for Alphas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question for Alphas

Who else here doesn't give a shit about yet has it in his/her ego block?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me. Ne is only useful really in a handful of situations and it really annoys some people. it also lacks a factual basis so it messes with your head when you don't apply enough Ti or Te to it.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    me. Ne is only useful really in a handful of situations and it really annoys some people. it also lacks a factual basis so it messes with your head when you don't apply enough Ti or Te to it.
    Yeah, the function about how things are when it is assumed that nothing is happening (Which is never the case in real life). BTW somehow i knew you would "agree".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by detail
    Yeah, the function about how things are when it is assumed that nothing is happening (Which is never the case in real life). BTW somehow i knew you would "agree".
    yes. i have found that one needs to try to keep Ne under wraps a bit. it's useful when brainstorming, when trying to motivate others about how things "could be", when getting the general lay of the land on something. but you totally need to follow it up with Ti (if you're entp). or even Se can help since Se actually catches on to the details of what's going on. if you stretch into Te then that can help too. basically i find Ne to be a little disabling, since it's way undervalued, and in a way it should be undervalued.

but then when an entp overuses Ti you come off as kind of rigid or something, since it's not really the leading function just the creative. so basically if you are an entp you're fucked.

ILE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*doesnt raise hand*

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    *doesnt raise hand*
    You are not alone in that regard.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. i have found that one needs to try to keep Ne under wraps a bit. it's useful when brainstorming, when trying to motivate others about how things "could be", when getting the general lay of the land on something. but you totally need to follow it up with Ti (if you're entp). or even Se can help since Se actually catches on to the details of what's going on. if you stretch into Te then that can help too. basically i find Ne to be a little disabling, since it's way undervalued, and in a way it should be undervalued.

but then when an entp overuses Ti you come off as kind of rigid or something, since it's not really the leading function just the creative. so basically if you are an entp you're fucked.
    is tricking you into actually doing nothing so it all comes down to constantly kicking your own ass. So yeah it has to be used as some kind of source of knowledge but never valued in itself because to value in itself means to value inactivity (And eventually nihilism).

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    is like you're always 3 steps ahead of everyone else when you're thinking about anything... yet nobody but you is there...
    It's like having a useless superpower... like the ability to control toasters or something.
    now that would be a cool superhero! especially if you threw in the ability to make really strong coffee

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    *doesnt raise hand*
    that's because you guys are intj's. Ne does less damage when located on the creative function.

ILE

Creepy-bg

the world needs more in it... you guys are being lax in your God given duties

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

is sacred.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Sorry, weak , we need and
    yeah we do need Fe and Si. the language of love for sure.

ok so if you guys think Ne is so great....tell what its practical uses and applications are?! esp when followed by creative Ti?

ILE

Creepy-bg

ok so if you guys think Ne is so great....tell what its practical uses and applications are?! esp when followed by creative Ti?
    it gets me hard

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Practicality is overrated.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean

Practicality is overrated.
    +50

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*doesnt raise hand* :(
    that's because you guys are intj's. Ne does less damage when located on the creative function.
    I agree, but the same could be said for any function. Ti can be a bitch for INTj's at times. Literally all my Ti leading friends lose bets after bets with me because they get information into their head that's just incorrect and they believe it in full. Same with my ISTj mother. Some INTjs have an incredibly hard time adapting to new situations specifically social. So here goes:

Why I love :Ne: as a lead function-

It allows me to be good at anything and everything.
    It allows me to make mistakes and be able to get myself out of them.
    It allows me to adapt to any situation very easily.
    It allows me to know the consequences of my actions.
    It allows me to avoid danger.
    It allows me to do certain crazy fun things and not get into trouble for them because I already know what will most likely happen.
    It allows me to see things from another's point of view.
    It allows me to survive anywhere any time with next to nothing.
    It allows me to maximize the potential of anything.... allowing me to have as much fun as I want and still get by in other ways, and allowing me to help others achieve great things.

Why I hate :Ne: as a lead function-

It makes me lazy and sad when there is no motivation to life.
    It sometimes makes me see wrong possibilities and then worry about them.
    It makes money not a very good motivator for me which it should be to an extent.
    It makes it very hard to settle for one girl.

Overall Ne as a lead is just one big rollercoaster ride. When it's good it's great..... when it's not well....... Having Fi as a POLR...... now that sucks. I can't imagine having a Ti POLR is much better.

By the way if anyone thinks I'm an ENFp let me know..... pretty sure of my type but I always like to hear arguments. Also if anyone wants to see pics or vid for VI purposes feel free to PM me.
    Suomea

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    Mmm, this is one of those things that's hard to say for me. I have problems with relationships.. When I was younger, seems like you're early twenties; I thought this was the problem. But I think that isn't the problem, it's just general anxiety over any kind of emotional involvement.

:Fi: for me is a problem that I cannot solve, and that I am unwilling to take a risk on. Unless I'm almost 100% certain a situation will work out, I pretty much reject feeling anything for anyone.
    Agree it is more a problem with :Fi: than a problem with :Ne: . :Ne: doesn't help though. I agree with you so much on the rejecting feeling anything unless I'm sure a situation will work out. I'm 23 currently about to be 24.... so yeah it never really bothered me until right now. Now that I'm in a situation where I'm like maybe I really should settle down into a relationship with someone I really love.... it drives me nuts..... haha. Fi POLR is the worst. Maybe thats the same for everyone and their POLR..... but I can't stand it right now because I actually need to use it. It just never mattered to me in the past. Maybe I should go back to that lifestyle of not giving a crap and hooking up with everyone. Those were good times. Sigh haha.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm, this is one of those things that's hard to say for me. I have problems with relationships.. When I was younger, seems like you're early twenties; I thought this was the problem. But I think that isn't the problem, it's just general anxiety over any kind of emotional involvement.

for me is a problem that I cannot solve, and that I am unwilling to take a risk on. Unless I'm almost 100% certain a situation will work out, I pretty much reject feeling anything for anyone.
    Agree it is more a problem with than a problem with . doesn't help though. I agree with you so much on the rejecting feeling anything unless I'm sure a situation will work out. I'm 23 currently about to be 24.... so yeah it never really bothered me until right now. Now that I'm in a situation where I'm like maybe I really should settle down into a relationship with someone I really love.... it drives me nuts..... haha. Fi POLR is the worst. Maybe thats the same for everyone and their POLR..... but I can't stand it right now because I actually need to use it. It just never mattered to me in the past. Maybe I should go back to that lifestyle of not giving a crap and hooking up with everyone. Those were good times. Sigh haha.
    Fi polr does suck for sure. try to find people with Fe in their ego block though....this helps a lot, for a romantic relationship. problem is there are all kinds of relationships that you are in all day 365 days a year...this is where Fi polr really can cause problems: in each and every relationship you have!

ILE

Creepy-bg

Creepy-bg

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi polr does suck for sure. try to find people with Fe in their ego block though....this helps a lot, for a romantic relationship. problem is there are all kinds of relationships that you are in all day 365 days a year...this is where Fi polr really can cause problems: in each and every relationship you have!

Yeah Fe definitely helps some. I think the bigger problem is that I'm in New York right now. No one really looks out for my Si or Fe. So it makes me more paranoid about my Fi. Pretty much everyone here is playing games with one another and trying to get the best of one another.... so even good people I meet here I probably dismiss as such. I really enjoy coming into New York for a couple months at a time.... but more than that and it gets stressful and depressing.

@hkkmr- what about the lifestyle makes you feel guilty or shameful?
    Suomea

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Fe definitely helps some. I think the bigger problem is that I'm in New York right now. No one really looks out for my Si or Fe. So it makes me more paranoid about my Fi. Pretty much everyone here is playing games with one another and trying to get the best of one another.... so even good people I meet here I probably dismiss as such. I really enjoy coming into New York for a couple months at a time.... but more than that and it gets stressful and depressing.

@hkkmr- what about the lifestyle makes you feel guilty or shameful?
    hey i hear you...you've got to go find them! the Si/Fe's, Si/Te's, Ni/Fe's that is. start to look for it. esp since they are all introverted no way are they going to be making the first move and all...

@BG: yes it is kind of sad isn't it. i mean we entp's really don't mean any harm...we're just lame at boundaries, at knowing where things stand with us and people. it's like a blind spot or something. but it really does cause problems. now maybe i'm getting down too hard on my own type or something, but Fi polr seems like it causes a lot more problems than other polr's. then again, maybe other people don't care as much as i think they do!! or, maybe everybody thinks their polr is the worst one! lol

ILE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*doesnt raise hand*
    By the way if anyone thinks I'm an ENFp let me know..... pretty sure of my type but I always like to hear arguments. Also if anyone wants to see pics or vid for VI purposes feel free to PM me.
    Blaze: uh-uh. Ne as creative can be way worse because anything is possible. Self-delusion is more possible. You waste more time because it's the creative function. It's what you use to gather more information. And when what you're gathering is more possibilities, then... its endless . With lead Ne and creative Ti, you pursue basically what you want, but because logical connections are limited things can end fairly quickly. So even if an ENTp follows his hare brained scheme, he's on to the next one in a skip and a jump.

Suomea you're ENTp.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*doesnt raise hand*
    Blaze: uh-uh. Ne as creative can be way worse because anything is possible. Self-delusion is more possible. You waste more time because it's the creative function. It's what you use to gather more information. And when what you're gathering is more possibilities, then... its endless . With lead Ne and creative Ti, you pursue basically what you want, but because logical connections are limited things can end fairly quickly. So even if an ENTp follows his hare brained scheme, he's on to the next one in a skip and a jump.

Suomea you're ENTp.
    ms. k i guess i see your point. Ne is just kind of a problem i guess. the highs are really high but the lows are really low lol.

i look at it spiritually. i guess my soul was meant to live out this life of an entp...the purpose of that as yet unknown.

ILE

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, what I meant to say is that LII fear self deception. Asking why is still a process which slows you down, gives reasons for no action. But, it makes you feel better

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The sensing a necessity to meet again. You notice this afterwards, after your first contact. It is something unconscious, perceptive and mysterious. An inevitable feeling as if you need to meet this person again. Unexpectedly, they attached to something within you. Suddenly you begin to understand that you really need to see this person. If you do something, your thoughts are about this person.

2. A Persons who for the first time in their life finds themselves in dual contact tries to remember: “Where could have we meet with before?!” (Of course, it is uselessly). Nevertheless, both are sure they have known each other for many years.

3. The sensation of safety appears for both duals. You observe this sensation and you cannot mix it with something up. A sensation of amazing and undisturbed composure describes this. It happens in the moment, a forming of common atmosphere; it can be easy felt, you intuitively know.

4. Both duals begin to feel simultaneously and equally the “impossibility” to be separated even for short time. It is very an exact and very real sensation of dual contact.

5. Both duals feel something like an internal joy, that fills up the soul. The smile on your face appears like a quiet happy smile of conciliation and rest.

The joy as behavior reaction is one of most accurate characteristic of dual dyad. This joy can appear without any certain reason. (Duals can laugh even without any certain reason just looking to each other. This joy arises like from sub consciousness – J.S.)

6. Little by little, both duals begin to feel, the need for maximum and close contact. If persons are not married, then it’s a good start for relations. If both duals have their own families, it is hard to keep their families. It is interesting that it is just natural evolution of the situation. It happens spontaneously like a “matter-of-course”…

7. The leveling of dual energy. This phenomenon appears almost immediately. The duals should just to be together, just to seat close by, sometimes even without touching each other. The maximum term for leveling of dual energy – 40 minutes (it is a result of investigation) and after that duals renew their energy. It does not depend on the depth of the “energy hole”.

8. This is most interesting stage. Duals cannot describe their feelings. You feel so comfortable, so at ease, it is as if you feel nothing at all…Sometimes it is impossible to notice the presence of your dual. Sometimes you completely forget about your dual all, then suddenly you see your dual!!! (How could I forget about them???)

Moreover, absolutely all of the above appears and happens only spontaneously!
    Unfortunately, sometimes we can truly appreciate our dual only after our time with them is finished and your dual has gone. As they say, sometimes we appreciate somebody only after we lose them.
    Therefore, dear friend, be attentive to your duals!!!
    I've been here for a long time, probably 5 years maybe a decade... but I don't know whether I'm inlove or I'm insane.
    That list of "dual" behaviors matches pretty much every attraction I've ever had to someone. They didn't necessarily feel the same way, though. Those are simply signs of "in love"/infatuation. I've also heard the term "limerence" used to describe this kind of romantic attraction.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch out. will trick you into actually doing nothing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    That list of "dual" behaviors matches pretty much every attraction I've ever had to someone. They didn't necessarily feel the same way, though. Those are simply signs of "in love"/infatuation. I've also heard the term "limerence" used to describe this kind of romantic attraction.
    I was going to post this exact same comment! I agree with you, I don't think the list is necessarily just about duals. Sounds very much like limerence to me. You are absolutely right.
    IEI-Fe 4w3