Thread: Perfume

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Perfume

Anyone seen this movie? It's a pretty interesting movie in my opinion. There arn't actually many characters that we can type... but still pretty interesting. The main character (Jean-Baptiste) is obviously an ISTp. The perfumer he works for (Baldini) could be ENTp. And uh, there arn't actually many other characters that we can type. The rich guy's daughter could be INFp. And the rich guy could be EXTj. But we don't know all that much about them.

The story (the book) sounds like it was written by an INFp... and I guess the new actor who plays the main character is also an INFp. Anyway, if you have got the time, or if you are interested in hollywood flicks that are sort of different, then I'd definitely recommend watching this movie. It's actually one of the few films that I've actually really liked, even though I didn't think the film was perfect.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen the movie but not read the book. The movie is primarily symbolic, and the story could very well have been written by an INFp. It is clearly in many ways. I liked it, but I agee that it was not perfect.

But why would the main character necessarily be an ISTp? I don't think he is that easy to type. He is clearly introverted and probably a logical type. He is also autistic in the psychiatric sense of the word. But apart from that I am not sure.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main character, Grenouille - ISTp
    The perfumer, Baldini - ISFp
    "rich guy", Richis - ENTj

I agree that Ben Whishaw, who plays the main character, is a likely INFp. Well spotted imo.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    But why would the main character necessarily be an ISTp? I don't think he is that easy to type. He is clearly introverted and probably a logical type. He is also autistic in the psychiatric sense of the word. But apart from that I am not sure.
    Well he was an Ip... (that's for sure), Aristocrat, Si. He believed in his own superiority of his talent over others. He enjoyed just relaxing and smelling out things (Si). There, he's an ISTp, pretty simple.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Well he was an Ip... (that's for sure), Aristocrat, Si. He believed in his own superiority of his talent over others. He enjoyed just relaxing and smelling out things (Si). There, he's an ISTp, pretty simple.
    He seemed to be an IP, yes. I agree with that. Aristocrat and Si -- how do you determine that? That he believed in his own superiority of his talent over others is not at all a strong argument that he would be Aristocrat. Anyone born with such a talent could become certain of their superiority. And you don't become a leading Si type just because you happen to be born with an exceptional sense of smell. Maybe his practical skills could be seen as an argument for ISTp, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be enough information to be sure of his type.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ISTp sp/sx for Jean-Baptiste

Baldini - Alpha SF