Thread: ESTp or ESTj

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTp or ESTj

What are the biggest differences between these types?

This guy I'm trying to type has kind of a roundish face and acts really serious at first but occasionally says the most hilarious stuff. I used to be intimidated by him but now we're friends. (but not good enough friends for me to be able to tell if we're conflictors or duals!) He is a financial services v.p. and works really hard. He likes fast cars and motorcycles. He sings. He loves animals and has a couple cats and a dog. He has a bit of a frat boy manner when he's at a party or feeling relaxed. Otherwise he comes across as quite buttoned-up. He takes his responsibilities seriously (takes care of his ailing mother and several sick siblings) but has a wilder side also. He has lots of . He is able to make things happen for people. For example, if someone is having a surgery at a particular hospital, he'll call over there and make sure they get the attentions of the best surgeon whom he knows personally. That type of thing. He's always taking care of people that way. He likes camping and travel. He seems very up front about everything. He tells it like it is. He seems like he doesn't care until you pay him some attention and then he springs to life. He likes sports, appreciates tradition very much. Likes to throw parties for people he likes--wants everyone to have a good time. Is this enough info to venture a guess?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the choice is only between ESTp and ESTj, then I'd say ESTp is more likely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Yes I'm thinking that's what he is. And I think his wife very well could be INFp. At first I thought maybe INFj for her but there's no way they are conflictors.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have time, would you be able to compare and contrast some things, to show what an ESTj might be more likely to do?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chuck norris
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    If you have time, would you be able to compare and contrast some things, to show what an ESTj might be more likely to do?
    Not really. The way the description is written - full of "he does this, but then he also does that" - makes it difficult to say precisely.

I think ESTp is more likely because the overall feel of the description gave me more of an impression of an EP who likes Fe. But some slight differences in wording might tip the balance - precisely because of the "yes, but" way the description was written.

Also, if we take into account that redbaron is a true INFp, then I think ESTp is much more likely since I don't think an INFp would tend to describe an ESTj like that.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESTp or ESTj

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    He has lots of .
    This rules out LSE.

Sounds textbook SLE. I'd like to meet him one day. Bring him over to the UK especially. I'll floor the fucker at the airport. Just kidding.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    actually tyson (estp) vs jean clod van damme (estj)
    Jean-Claud Van Damme is an LSE? Actually, I s'pose he is quite like Schwarzenegger, an LSE. Maybe they all are.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, Maximus is an LSE:

And Russell Crowe is an SLE:

Put them both together and what have you got? A SeTeSiTi. The ULTIMATE type.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj? ISFj?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Right, Maximus is an LSE:

Ah, great call!

That's a cool LSE character.