Thread: IxFps, especially INFps, and forwardness

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IxFps, especially INFps, and forwardness

I'm curious as to how open and forward IxFps are. Is it likely that those around him/her with always know what's on his/her mind? How common is it for them to consistently just blurt out what they're thinking or feeling?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally never. My Ni is quite keenly aware of all the repercussions of my action including blabbering like an idiot. I tailor my image to the individual/group I'm with. Normally I let people see no more then what they need to see.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The IEIs I know are like that as well.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probobly the most non-direct of all the types.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Personally never. My Ni is quite keenly aware of all the repercussions of my action including blabbering like an idiot. I tailor my image to the individual/group I'm with. Normally I let people see no more then what they need to see.
    I'd say that this is one aspect of IEI supervising an ESE.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I'd say that this is one aspect of IEI supervising an ESE.
    Oh you have no idea. My mother is ESE and if there is one thing that's annoying about her it that she is completely oblivious to this, totally can't see the Ni, and just thinks I'm without guidance and tries to offer advice. Which I then promptly discard as I don't need any advice, that you very much, I have my Ni. And she's left confused. And then she tries again and again and just never quits trying to "help me". This gets really irritating at which point I snap and explain to her in a semi aggressive state why everything she states is complete rubbish. Which leaves her baffled as she doesn't seem to understand my explanation but she knows it's important so she just waits a while and continues doing the same thing. I swear to good if it weren't for socionics I'd totally think she was doing it on purpose, ignoring everything I say, just trying to piss me off.

EDIT: The worst is when she doesn't see anything but Fe in my speech and thinks I'm being mean for no reason. And becomes hysteric. And yells. And cries. And hurls insults. Which just makes me more pissed off and more mean. I have no sympathy for her in this state. She behaves like a venomous snake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh you have no idea. My mother is ESE and if there is one thing that's annoying about her it that she is completely oblivious to this, totally can't see the Ni, and just thinks I'm without guidance and tries to offer advice. Which I then promptly discard as I don't need any advice, that you very much, I have my Ni. And she's left confused. And then she tries again and again and just never quits trying to "help me". This gets really irritating at which point I snap and explain to her in a semi aggressive state why everything she states is complete rubbish. Which leaves her baffled as she doesn't seem to understand my explanation but she knows it's important so she just waits a while and continues doing the same thing. I swear to good if it weren't for socionics I'd totally think she was doing it on purpose, ignoring everything I say, just trying to piss me off.

EDIT: The worst is when she doesn't see anything but Fe in my speech and thinks I'm being mean for no reason. And becomes hysteric. And yells. And cries. And hurls insults. Which just makes me more pissed off and more mean. I have no sympathy for her in this state. She behaves like a venomous snake.
    My mom is ESFj too and she's the exact same way! I've been living at home for the past few months, as I'm done school now, and so am deciding what to do with my life. This is incomprehensable to my mom, she tries to "help" me by saying things like, "It's embarassing that I have to tell my friends that my son, who has a university degree, is still unemployed blah blah blah. Why can't you just get a job and be normal like everyone else! blah blah blah," whilst increasing Fe anxiety to pitch levels until I get annoyed and sarcastically respond in ways like, "what's normal? oh you mean like that boy down the street that you used to brag to me was such a responsible and hardworking fellow until he got his gf pregnant and dropped out of school? blah blah blah", and then she always ends it with a guilt trip, "What did I do to deserve this? blah blah blah." If I didn't have an INFp sister to relate to I'd have a complex by now, lol.

And in response to main post in this thread, I'm very indirect. I mostly keep to myself. If I have a problem I only discuss it with a friend that I think can actually help me with it. If I feel like shit but have to do something with other people in a group, like meet for dinner etc., I compose myself to make sure that they don't know I feel like shit. Only around a few friends will I actually act how I feel and say what I think and even then I don't like to be redundant.
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFps can be strange (to me, LSE) because sometimes they bait you on by acting in a pseudo aggressor way, such as being very forward and saying hello... but then again maybe it is a Se power thing. One INFp, who I barely know, has always been very nice to me because I was running for, and elected to, President. It struck me as odd, but that might be my Fi preference as opposed to Fe creative. Also, attraction may have been an issue, but I'm not sure.

So I suppose what I am getting at is, sometimes, INFps can be rather forward themselves. Do you think that is a matter of Se dual seeking?
    Or is this just a really rare happening.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: IxFps, especially INFps, and forwardness

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    How common is it for them to consistently just blurt out what they're thinking or feeling?
    Almost never. Very uncommon.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about ISFps?

What about ISFps?
    I know quite a few ISFps. It is rare they are forward. Unless there are under emotional distress, or you beat it out of them until the beating causes them emotional distress. They try to stay in the middle most of the time. A negative aspect of that is they can seem kinda two-faced or manipulative to some because they will tell you something or act a certain way in the moment to keep relations with you good. For people who takes every word people say in the moment seriously, it can become a problem. ISFps, I have found, cannot deliver on everything that is implied by their actions and words. Be it they were just having fun, being friendly, in a different mood, or its too much work for them they found. Gets them in trouble a lot of time. And they feel bad when it happens.
    ILE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDave
    What about ISFps?
    I know quite a few ISFps. It is rare they are forward. Unless there are under emotional distress, or you beat it out of them until the beating causes them emotional distress. They try to stay in the middle most of the time. A negative aspect of that is they can seem kinda two-faced or manipulative to some because they will tell you something or act a certain way in the moment to keep relations with you good. For people who takes every word people say in the moment seriously, it can become a problem. ISFps, I have found, cannot deliver on everything that is implied by their actions and words. Be it they were just having fun, being friendly, in a different mood, or its too much work for them they found. Gets them in trouble a lot of time. And they feel bad when it happens.
    Yep, this has happened to me with my ISFp friend. He told me once (a couple of times actually) in a fun moment that he would do something and it never materialized. I even called him on it later (in a funny way, not angrily confrontational or anything!) and he made some LAME excuse. It was hilarious. I know him well enough now, though, not to believe everything he says in a moment of fun.

As for INFps, I definitely never blurt out what I'm thinking unless I'm in a very weird/crazy mood (after 2+ glasses of wine) AND with good friends. Then I might, but not if I'm sad or upset about something.
    IEI-Fe 4w3