Thread: intellectual curiosity

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default intellectual curiosity

I just want to say that one of the things I like most about the alphas in my life (my dad, best friend, another friend and husband!!) is their intellectual curiosity. They seem to find lots of things interesting and worth learning about. They are able to get excited about all sorts of things too. This enthusiasm is very attractive! The world needs more alphas.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we're pretty cool.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah maybe it's the Ti and Ti valuing in us....lol.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

alas... I have to say that I was alot more intellectually curious when I was getting high regularly... since I've cut down alot I don't feel nearly as interested in things

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    alas... I have to say that I was alot more intellectually curious when I was getting high regularly... since I've cut down alot I don't feel nearly as interested in things
    which drug made you more intellectually curious?

ILE

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    meth... (weed to a smaller extent) but when I was tweaking... oh man... it was like I wanted to learn about everything and it all fit together with everything else. It was bogus crazy thinking of course... but still, I think that's the feeling I miss most right now. Everything seems so bland and useless and too boring to care about these days. I just want to watch TV, bullshit on the internet and be brain dead. I hope it doesn't take long for my interest in things comes back. Maybe I'll be able to actually make some real heads or tails out of things without the tweak... ehh I have a feeling that it's a ways off though. I'm still fighting with occasional once a month joneses (when people call). But then I actually managed to turn down an opportunity to get a hundred bucks worth yesterday for a little illegal leg work so I think I must be making some progress on actually going without it.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: intellectual curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    I just want to say that one of the things I like most about the alphas in my life (my dad, best friend, another friend and husband!!) is their intellectual curiosity. They seem to find lots of things interesting and worth learning about. They are able to get excited about all sorts of things too. This enthusiasm is very attractive! The world needs more alphas.
    What type's your husband by the way?
    Suomea

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meth... (weed to a smaller extent) but when I was tweaking... oh man... it was like I wanted to learn about everything and it all fit together with everything else. It was bogus crazy thinking of course... but still, I think that's the feeling I miss most right now. Everything seems so bland and useless and too boring to care about these days. I just want to watch TV, bullshit on the internet and be brain dead. I hope it doesn't take long for my interest in things comes back. Maybe I'll be able to actually make some real heads or tails out of things without the tweak... ehh I have a feeling that it's a ways off though. I'm still fighting with occasional once a month joneses (when people call). But then I actually managed to turn down an opportunity to get a hundred bucks worth yesterday for a little illegal leg work so I think I must be making some progress on actually going without it.
    wow. meth kinda fulfilled your dual seeking. you need your dual if you are to kick, :wink: it does sound like you are trying to kick....do you have support?

ILE

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. meth kinda fulfilled your dual seeking. you need your dual if you are to kick, :wink: it does sound like you are trying to kick....do you have support?
    It does kinda sound like that.
    Suomea

Creepy-bg

nope... and it's a problem. I've looked into meetings but they're all in the tweaker parts of town and at messed up hours so theres no way to do busses or anything to get there (moreso to get home). Plus for some crazy reason they only do meth support groups like once a month, which is just stupid because people need that shit everyday sometimes. ehhh... all my friends who stopped using it were a long time ago (years and years) and I wouldn't even know how to get ahold of them anymore. It's also gotten into my laziness/apathy/fear of getting a job since I know how I am when I have money... it's gone like that into a pipe. For now I'm just trying to go hermit and avoid everyone. Not the best thing to do, but it's sort of working. It would be great to have something else to do, but I don't feel like doing anything

lots of excuses... I know

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

badger baiting

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    badger baiting
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmY_gn86Zmw[/youtube]

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wow I can relate a lot to that bionicgoat. Not the drug part...but everything else.

Not the best thing to do, but it's sort of working.
    The problem is when you're a hermit, sometimes you just get too insightful for your own good. I really already know what people are really thinking, and I can (I kid you not) sense people's true feelings. I suppose you could do that, even if you were out and about but to me, it's just too messy and it's something that takes being secluded to do. I already know what people are gonna say, and I'm just kinda psychic. I think the only reason people do things is so they can be pleasantly surprised. I also need to be a hermit sometimes personally otherwise I just don't know how to handle things any other way. Basically I can receive other help but it just results in me being stubborn and not seeing things their way. I figure I'm still here, so I must be doing something right..hermit ways and all. ><

Sometimes thought he honest insights of being a hermit can overflow into paranoia and thinking everybody is out to get you which I think is what the mild form of social anxiety comes from (as in getting a job) and all that stuff. It's all interconnected. People might not hurt me, but I can always sense the potential that they can.....I admire people that are kinda dense and oblivious to what people are really capable of. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy though, because I think of the worst and it kinda happens. Like just now I thought 'if the cat jumps on my bed successfully, I will make up with my best friend' but it messed up, and sure enough, I didn't end up making nice with her just yet. Yeah I know it sounds silly to base a decision off that, but for me it had already happened, destiny has already been written in stone and since I broke up with her I actually am happier. I feel like I just need to coast along and experience whatever happens to me.

If you're not an intelligently strong person, you can kinda see though how a priest locked away in some church would get kinda meth-crazy and god-delusional. There's such a fine balance between this stuff.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    wow I can relate a lot to that bionicgoat. Not the drug part...but everything else.

Not the best thing to do, but it's sort of working.
    The problem is when you're a hermit, sometimes you just get too insightful for your own good. I really already know what people are really thinking, and I can (I kid you not) sense people's true feelings. I suppose you could do that, even if you were out and about but to me, it's just too messy and it's something that takes being secluded to do. I already know what people are gonna say, and I'm just kinda psychic. I think the only reason people do things is so they can be pleasantly surprised. I also need to be a hermit sometimes personally otherwise I just don't know how to handle things any other way. Basically I can receive other help but it just results in me being stubborn and not seeing things their way. I figure I'm still here, so I must be doing something right..hermit ways and all. ><
    I totally relate to that... like in every way

Sometimes thought he honest insights of being a hermit can overflow into paranoia and thinking everybody is out to get you which I think is what the mild form of social anxiety comes from (as in getting a job) and all that stuff. It's all interconnected. People might not hurt me, but I can always sense the potential that they can.....I admire people that are kinda dense and oblivious to what people are really capable of. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy though, because I think of the worst and it kinda happens. Like just now I thought 'if the cat jumps on my bed successfully, I will make up with my best friend' but it messed up, and sure enough, I didn't end up making nice with her just yet. Yeah I know it sounds silly to base a decision off that, but for me it had already happened, destiny has already been written in stone and since I broke up with her I actually am happier. I feel like I just need to coast along and experience whatever happens to me.

If you're not an intelligently strong person, you can kinda see though how a priest locked away in some church would get kinda meth-crazy and god-delusional. There's such a fine balance between this stuff.
    lol it's funny because I've actually been looking into doing a three to six month retreat at a Benidictine monastary outside of Tucson. I shit you not.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea
    i believe he is ESFj. (i think you don't mind me saying so redbaron, since you have had some threads about him )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is when you're a hermit, sometimes you just get too insightful for your own good. I really already know what people are really thinking, and I can (I kid you not) sense people's true feelings.
    How do you know that is the case?

I already know what people are gonna say, and I'm just kinda psychic.
    What am I going to say to your response?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    i believe he is ESFj. (i think you don't mind me saying so redbaron, since you have had some threads about him )
    I didn't see this until now (for some reason, I'm not getting updates on this thread through email, I don't know why they stop). Yes, you're right!
    IEI-Fe 4w3