Thread: Type this lurker

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this lurker

---
    Last edited by mildsauce; 08-26-2011 at 10:35 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, some possibilities: ISFp, ENFp(the Si might be Si dual seeking, and you said you relate to something SC posted), or perhaps INFj.
    Sounds ethical. Si valuing. That's all I can tell.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this lurker!

Quote Originally Posted by OneChuThree
    I'd describe myself as a laid-back, quiet person. I don't usually initiate conversations with other people, but I'm trying to (self-improvement and whatnot... ). When I meet you I'm pretty polite, or, as one of my friends say it, "gentlemanly" or "chivalry reincarnated into a girl".
    Sounds like introvert, more IJ than IP.

I take that as a compliment. =) Yes, I'm a girl, but not a very feminine one I guess. I value comfort a lot. So you'll probably see me in a hoodie/t-shirt/jeans. I don't get why all the clothes in stores now are so tight, it's really uncomfortable!
    Si>Se?

One thing I notice is that I pay a lot of attention of body language, facial expressions, etc. It's just something I naturally do. I can play back those little moments quite easily and with great details too.
    At least some confidence in Fe.

I'm kinda self-critical. I have a bad tendancy to go over things in my mind for periods of time, and think of what could've/would've/should've happened. (You know those 'D'oh! I should've have done that!' moments?) What does that say about me? Insecurity? I'm not sure.
    Could be lowish Ne.

I do things really fast because I'm a lazy person. Some people find that a bit weird/contradictory, but then I just want to get things over with, and spend the rest of the time relaxing. Simple as that. No need to drag things out. I also find that I get too lazy to think too a lot of times, terribly indecisive.
    Sounds like low focus on Ni.

I hate tests where you have the 7 choices of agree/kinda agree/neutral...etc. I just close the tab when I see it. Yes/no questions please. I also think things in various angles. So when I encounter certain questions in tests, I go, 'which side of me are you asking? Most of the time? Most of the time I'm alone, how should I know? What? Oh, but...' And I go on and on and on...
    Not sure.

Continuing from my looking things at various angles in the earlier paragraph, I do that a lot, especially in forming opinions/arguments. Quoting one of schrodinger's cat's post, I "usually look at things from various angles, so [my] opinions are often complex and supported with lots of facts." That describes me very well. I will not form an opinion simply based on something someone told me. I have to do look into it myself, see the other side, etc. If someone actually challenges me in a debate, I would want to know all the facts to defend or counter-argue it.
    Sounds like Te>Ti, but it could be low confidence on Te, too.

Other things I'm too lazy to put into paragraph form:
    - Integrity. It means a lot.
    - I have high expectations for myself, a lot higher than expectations I have for everybody else. For them, I just expect them to at least be polite and somewhat mature.
    - I think the above statement sounds a bit cocky...
    - I really like being happy. Do you?
    - About the self improvement thing earlier, here's a really simple story told with equations...

Poor social skills = lost a really good friend because I didn't know how to keep contact = awkward = sorry = let's be friends again or at least talk something out because it's REALLY awkward. (Stealing glances at each other but still not really talking to each other awkward...) So...poor social skills = lost a couple friends = didn't gain new friends = friends that I have are cool, but didn't fulfill my dual-seeking functions = I actually am a bit quiet around my friends = I'm not really having fun around them = boredom = sorta kinda semi mild depression = I realized certain flaws I have that's causing the depression = I need to change.

Sorry it's so long, but details are good, right? Though I'm sure some of them were unnecessary. Heh. Personally, I think I'm an istp, but I've gotten isfp, isfj, intp, and various other results in tests before.
    I'd guess ISFj, but not sure. Not everything fits easily imo.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreeing with introdolph.

What I see in your post is that you liberally and joyously describe a random assortment of facts and ask others to make sense of them. That's positivism combined with 'result-orientedness' combined with taciturness in socionics parlance. That means either ISTp or INFp. But your message is emotion-creating. Also you talk of ambition and morals and friends and other subjects which suggest a merry Fe-type rather than grave Te type. This post seems written by an INFp.
    But...
    You mention that writing this is atypical behaviour for you. So you might be something else than your way of communication here suggests. I don't know what you are in real life. Possibly ISFp.

Anyway, welcome and good luck.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I'd describe myself as a laid-back, quiet person. I don't usually initiate conversations with other people, but I'm trying to (self-improvement and whatnot... ). When I meet you I'm pretty polite, or, as one of my friends say it, "gentlemanly" or "chivalry reincarnated into a girl".
    Sounds like introvert, more IJ than IP.
    Although this sounds more like IP :

I do things really fast because I'm a lazy person. I just want to get things over with, and spend the rest of the time relaxing. terribly indecisive
    Reading all the information I would say: probably ISTP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by introspectivedolphin
    But, I have a question. On all your thoughts about the nature of people, and self improvement - do you actually turn these thoughts into actions? Over a longer period of time? Because if you say, "No, I'm inspired to become a better person, in short bursts, and then I lose interest in the self improvement" IMHO you are INFp. :wink:
    Yes, I do turn those thoughts into action, and I pretty sure that I will continue my self-improvement thing as long as I perceive a need for it, maybe not with as much enthusiasm or effort as when I first start, but it'll be on my mind a lot until whatever's bothering me isn't anymore.

Expat: At first I was confused on why paying attention to body languages and facial expressions might make me confident in Fe, then I realized that maybe you thought I was paying attention of my own body language. Changed my post to clarify, sorry if it confused you. (Also, I want to add that a lot of times I subconciously micmic what I observe in other people, and depending on what it is, it can become a habit of my own.)

To smilingeyes, no, I don't really communicate like that in real life. I guess it's this trying to change myself thing. To be honest I used to be a pretty negative, cranky, etc, person, and I still am sometimes, but I try to have a positive mindset now. Whining isn't going to do anything. I was actually annoying myself by being so negative all the time. That, and I don't like to be serious. Quiet does not equal to serious. :wink: I prefer things to be light-hearted most of the time.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat: At first I was confused on why paying attention to body languages and facial expressions might make me confident in Fe, then I realized that maybe you thought I was paying attention of my own body language. Changed my post to clarify, sorry if it confused you. (Also, I want to add that a lot of times I subconciously micmic what I observe in other people, and depending on what it is, it can become a habit of my own.)
    I was not confused at all in that respect, and if you think that, I think you're wrong in your understanding of Fe. A focus on Fe is not about just one's own emotional expression and body language.

And what you just said reinforces your confidence on Fe in my opinion.

Which is not to say that I think you are a Fe ego type or even Fe quadra type.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!