Thread: Method

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Method

How good or bad a method is typing first by Temperament and then by Club e.g. first working out you were of the IJ temperament then that you were of the SF club? Is this fundamentally a good or bad way of looking at potential types?

Think about it, I'd say it was actually very effective. I'd like to see if there was any correlation between functions and temperament/club e.g. you have Te as a dominant function, and sensing as a secondary one, and then you look at temperament and see you're EJ, and look at club and see you're ST.

One reason I brought this up was because I thought it could be possible that I was LSE. Temperamentally it made sense. Dichotomically it made sense. But then I looked at Clubs, and I saw that it was highly, highly unlikely that I represented the ST Club.

So, is this a good method to confirm your type after looking at functions? Does is bare any constellation whatsoever?

Creepy-bg

I think ultimately a person should use many different methods finishing it up with relationships between themselves and some others they've types IRL. Then I'd trust the typing (but never call it 100%)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Figuring out temperament and club is definitely useful, but you can't just use a single method to determine your type.

Out of curiosity, why don't you think you represent the ST club? Is it because of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    When a group consists of members of this club, but without either of the two quadras having greater weight, its interactions are likely to be based on sports activities or discussion of, or cooperation in, projects related to manual work, application of force, gaining power and engineering. Very typical examples of groups formed mainly of members of this club are groups of car enthusiasts where actively repairing and refurbishing them with their own hands is a key component of their activities.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

typing by dichotomous relationships is never an effective method.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

temperament is the quickest to be recognized of those two.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo
    Yep. Figuring out temperament and club is definitely useful, but you can't just use a single method to determine your type.

Out of curiosity, why don't you think you represent the ST club? Is it because of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    When a group consists of members of this club, but without either of the two quadras having greater weight, its interactions are likely to be based on sports activities or discussion of, or cooperation in, projects related to manual work, application of force, gaining power and engineering. Very typical examples of groups formed mainly of members of this club are groups of car enthusiasts where actively repairing and refurbishing them with their own hands is a key component of their activities.
    Yeah, pretty much. I can visualise, thanks to this, exactly how those who are of the ST club spend their time. I know people who are like it. I had an SLE friend once, and that's pretty much what we did - bike, repair bikes, play basketball and talk, and that kind of thing. My brother is also like this. I can get my hands dirty when needs be (I once spent a whole day trying to get a hat so I could go to a fancy dress party as Che Guevara; I went into town, round people's houses, looked at home, found one, and got spray paint in my eye, and spent an hour at the sink tryna clean it off before I went out. But I got my hat), but I am not by nature an 'outdoor person'.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Method

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    How good or bad a method is typing first by Temperament and then by Club e.g. first working out you were of the IJ temperament then that you were of the SF club? Is this fundamentally a good or bad way of looking at potential types?
    If you can actually spot the temperament accurately - which I think takes some time observing the person "live" - then it's not a very bad method imo. The same goes for the club, if you go by observing the person's interests. It's advisable to avoid traps, such as concluding, as you have, that most people in this forum are NTs. This is not necessarily so, or even so at all. Please note that the only socionics "professional" is Rick who's NF, and in London, the "core" group was one NT, two NF, one SF, one ST.

I think it's a fairly good method to take a first guess at someone's side. It should never be the "last word".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't know why I said that. My father's an NF, and he's made a business out of the Enneagram. In some respects, the Enneagram is similar to socionics - in its typing of personalities.

And although I see FDG as an SLE, for example, it's funny that he is interested in this kind of thing, as for any ST (although he has expressed that he may be an NT). I couldn't imagine an SF being interested in this kind of thing though.