Thread: "Body Types"/Somatotypes and Socionics temperaments

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "Body Types"/Somatotypes and Socionics temperament

I don't really know too much about this... but are there really any correlations between the Body Types/Somatotypes and Socionics types/temperaments? I've noticed that most EXXjs tend to have "buff" builds, and most IXXps tend to have more slender, fragile builds, etc. But can these correlations actually be effectively used for "VI"? Do such correlations actually exist?

edit.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that there are correlations, in the sense of tendencies. If you know nothing else about a person but a picture including the body type, I think they are useful. For instance, I think that EJs tend to be mesomorphs, and IJs are very often ectomorphs, especially INTjs and INFjs.

But I wouldn't use those correlations to rule out types, like, "that person is an endomorph, no way INTj or INFj".

Personally I use them as sort of "tips" towards the type of people I happen to see, but not to make my final judgement.

These body types can also be misleading. For instance, there are also very skinny endomorphs and overweight ectomorphs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I wouldn't use this method alone to type a person visually (let alone visually) either, but I was curious if there were any correlations (or just simply tendencies) towards body types and types.

For instance it's pretty uncommon to find an INFj with a Mesomorph body type for example, so this is pretty interesting.

If there are any correlations or tendencies, which body types for which types are considered?

Also, do Socionists actually use this method..? If so, what are considered the 'true' correlations? Sorry, but I can't really find this information anywhere...

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    Yeah I wouldn't use this method alone to type a person visually (let alone visually) either, but I was curious if there were any correlations (or just simply tendencies) towards body types and types.

For instance it's pretty uncommon to find an INFj with a Mesomorph body type for example, so this is pretty interesting.

If there are any correlations or tendencies, which body types for which types are considered?

Also, do Socionists actually use this method..? If so, what are considered the 'true' correlations? Sorry, but I can't really find this information anywhere...
    it's been talked about a few different times on this forum... try the search. I'm not sure about "Socionists" as in the Russians. Never come across it (but then I never paid much attention to the VI stuff when perusing articles in Russian, I guess I'm not a believer in VI, or at least that part of Socionics never really interrested me)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I did the search... but I couldn't really find anything other than the Rocky's thread.

Creepy-bg

huh... maybe it got deleted or something, I could swear we had some more discussions about this all besides that thread... maybe I just dreamed it, lol I don't know

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    huh... maybe it got deleted or something, I could swear we had some more discussions about this all besides that thread... maybe I just dreamed it, lol I don't know
    Yes we did.
    Probably got deleted during that incident.
    INTp
    sx/sp