Thread: When introverted logic Ti conflicts personal beliefs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When introverted logic Ti conflicts personal beliefs

The description of as a dominant function, according to wikisocion, is as follows:
    The individual views reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in his system of views and behavior.
    Okay, so you value logical accuracy and consistency. But surely you've experienced situations in which a belief of yours has contradicted the logical system you've created, right? If this does happen, what do you do to resolve the dissonance that arises due to the conflict between your belief and your existing logical system?

From an INFp's perspective, I think is a very empowering function and hope to develop it better, but instead of valuing and appreciating it for its own sake, I use it primarily to reinforce my existing, preferred beliefs. It's like, "here's what I believe (because of an emotion, personal experience, or "gut feeling"); now I need to find a logical justification for it." I need to stop doing that, haha. Do INTjs do this as well, or do you first figure out what is most logical and then develop your belief.
    I'm sure it's a combination of personal experience and logic (and facts), because we all know that perfectly rational INTjs/ISTjs can arrive at radically different conclusions.
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: when there's a conflict between logic and personal belie

I'm not alpha, but I hope I can answer too...
    Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    It's like, "here's what I believe (because of an emotion, personal experience, or "gut feeling"); now I need to find a logical justification for it." I need to stop doing that, haha.
    That is a very annoying behavior. I hate it. That's what keeps irrationality and supernaturalism in the world, and since you people who do it are often smart it's difficult to undo the damage.

That said, I do it too ahahahaha... I have this big theory on why it's logical to be good, and sometimes I'm not sure it's really consistent... but the second I'll be convinced it's not, I'm gonna be a bad bad person (c:
    LSI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: when there's a conflict between logic and personal belie

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    I'm not alpha, but I hope I can answer too...
    Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    It's like, "here's what I believe (because of an emotion, personal experience, or "gut feeling"); now I need to find a logical justification for it." I need to stop doing that, haha.
    That is a very annoying behavior. I hate it. That's what keeps irrationality and supernaturalism in the world, and since you people who do it are often smart it's difficult to undo the damage.

That said, I do it too ahahahaha... I have this big theory on why it's logical to be good, and sometimes I'm not sure it's really consistent... but the second I'll be convinced it's not, I'm gonna be a bad bad person (c:
    hah! i like you. i like the "logical to be good" idea better than "good to be logical."