Thread: ENFp teachers

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFp teachers

How are ENFp teachers, in particular for an INTj?

Creepy-bg

paging Kim back to socionics.

Kim you are needed!

that is all...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanISTP
    I had an ENFP as a teacher, my buds (ESTP, ISTJ) also took the class with me. ESTP and ENFP always hounded each other, ENFP hounded me as well but I responded back in "fun dares., ISTJ asserted his will (like all other ISTJs) over the ENFP but he told me that while he considered the ENFP scattered brained he told me that "the teacher knows his shit really well."

Now let's go on to the INTJ. The INTJ would sit there like a computer pretending to be smart. So in an effort to hide his frustration/incompetence he separated himself away from everyone. He would huff puff and sigh and of course the ENFP would go to him and offer help but I noticed that the INTJ was criticizing the ENFP's way of teaching and wanted the ENFP to teach him the INTJ's way. There was definite friction between the both of them, INTJ being frustrated at the ENFP and the ENFP probably feeling anguished from dealing with an INTJ. Which is why those other "meyers briggs" sites which proclaim INTJ/ENFP being a good match are wrong, I cannot see these two types getting along for the long run.

Out of all the extroverted intuitive teachers I would love to have it would be ENFP all the time if possible.
    o.o

how was theINTj's way?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENFp teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    How are ENFp teachers, in particular for an INTj?
    I had an ENFp history teacher. His big thing was having in-class discussions, which is simply awesome for going off on Ne tangents. Probably my favorite history teacher in high school. Although I always got the feeling he was trying to impress me; it was a little uncomfortable, but the distance was exactly right for the relationship to work. I imagine the same thing applies to other supervisee teachers. If the supervisor restrains his criticism - and they usually have to in that kind of situation - then it's not so bad. And even if the supervisee is a really awful teacher, you can feel fine ignoring him/her. The one bad thing that can happen is if the supervisee starts abusing his/her power just to prove a point, but otherwise it all works out surprisingly well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had four ENFp professors in college. Three were awesome in the truest sense of the word: humorous, quirky, down-to-earth, concerned about their students, creative, and smart. The fourth was very mediocre.
    The problem with the fourth professor, which my INTj friend pinpointed, was that he was a very poor lecturer and did not put the material in the proper context. He would ramble on and on about details without confirming which details were important, which were negligible, and how they all fit into the big picture. It was as if he was just trying to prove how smart he was and how much information he could retain, but was unable to systematize his knowledge and put it into a structured, logical format (if that makes sense). He was really random, too. I remember having an impossible time taking notes for that class because nothing fit together. For example, (he was a Biology professor) he would tell us absolutely everything about one particular form of foliage, but nothing about its role in the broader ecosystem. In other words, his hidden agenda was running about unfettered while his PoLR stuck out like a sore thumb. My main problem with him was that his high information capacity nailed my PoLR, and I wasn't getting any of the I needed.
    Though I'm not an INTj, I had the same problem with my ENFp ex-boyfriend's hidden agenda. He would tell me these long, detailed stories and when I wouldn't remember every single detail ( PoLR) he would get really upset (and then I would get really upset for feeling dumb).
    So I think the problem INTjs have with their ENFp professors is that they're really smart, but some have a problem putting their knowledge into a structured, coherent format ( PoLR).
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum