Thread: ILIs-INTps being night owls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILIs-INTps being night owls

I don't want to spam but -- except from me -- I know only one INTp and we both fall asleep very lately in the night and wake up very lately in the afternoon. I was wondering if maybe many INTps are night owls. Do you reckon/know that there is any correlation between types and sleeping?
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, same for me when I have the luxury to pick my own timing.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phaedrus believes that irrationals are generally night owls, but I believe that rationality/irrationality is more about the regularity of sleep cycles.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Cool thing, right now it is holidays so I have this luxury either. But getting up at 7 o'clock to to go to school...nightmare (or actually a morningmare).

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Phaedrus believes that irrationals are generally night owls, but I believe that rationality/irrationality is more about the regularity of sleep cycles.
    Rationals definitely like regular sleeping-time more. I don't mind not to sleep all night long. For a J it would be a terrible perturbation of their 24h circle, I think. BTW I'm teenager and I've read that many teens often feel like on a constant jet-lag. I frequently do.
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Cool thing, right now it is holidays so I have this luxury either. But getting up at 7 o'clock to to go to school...nightmare (or actually a morningmare).

Rationals definitely like regular sleeping-time more. I don't mind not to sleep all night long. For a J it would be a terrible perturbation of their 24h circle, I think. BTW I'm teenager and I've read that many teens often feel like on a constant jet-lag. I frequently do.
    When I mean the regularity of sleep cycles, I mean that there is a time when they always seem to go to bed and a time when they always seem to get up. Whether or not they are night owls is irrelevant to actual sleeping pattern itself.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you think the cycles work? I find that many ENFPs get night shifts. ENTPs usually get up at the crack of down. ESFPs get up early too.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have always looked forward to the time i could rest assured that the people immediately surrounding me would be asleep. i believe i get giddy for a second or two, feel a rush of ambition come over me, then settle into my private world. sometimes i am very productive when this happens, other times staring at the wall seems absolutely perfect.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I mean the regularity of sleep cycles, I mean that there is a time when they always seem to go to bed and a time when they always seem to get up. Whether or not they are night owls is irrelevant to actual sleeping pattern itself.
    I know what you mean.
    INFp(INTp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I don't have work early (9:30am :-D) the next day, I will usually go to bed when I feel tired. Usually this is around 2am though, and I won't wake up until 10:30am. But I also sometimes go to bed in the afternoon if I feel a bit tired, have a couple of hours sleep, and then am ready to face the rest of the day.

At the moment though, I'm about to go off to work in 55 minutes, so I had to get up at 7:30 this morning.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep I'm a night owl too. I'll go to bed at around 1.00

And sleep until 11.00 in the morning when I get the chance.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally know more than 20 people that I can guarantee (without anyone believing me ...) are correctly typed, and all of them, except (just maybe) one or two persons (who are yet undetermined), fit into the general pattern that rational types are early birds, and irrational types are night owls. That correlation is probably too strong to be a coincidence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same here, while at Uni and could largely pick my time schedules, i'd almost always stay up till very late (sometimes the whole night) and wake up late morning/noon.

Even now that I work typical office hours I still sleep at 1-2am , even if I am tired and know the alarm clock will go off at 7:30am as always
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that 1:00 classifies as being a night owl, most people I know go to bed at that time (maybe because I'm young?)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grek0
    same here, while at Uni and could largely pick my time schedules, i'd almost always stay up till very late (sometimes the whole night) and wake up late morning/noon.

Even now that I work typical office hours I still sleep at 1-2am , even if I am tired and know the alarm clock will go off at 7:30am as always
    But please, Grek0, change that signature of yours to "INTP [mbti]". (Read my last three posts in this thread: oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=13078&start=90 )

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    I personally know more than 20 people that I can guarantee (without anyone believing me ...) are correctly typed, and all of them, except (just maybe) one or two persons (who are yet undetermined), fit into the general pattern that rational types are early birds, and irrational types are night owls. That correlation is probably too strong to be a coincidence.
    And if I told you that I knew just as many correctly typed rationals who were night owls?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if I told you that I knew just as many correctly typed rationals who were night owls?
    Then I would wonder how many correctly typed people you know overall, and how all of them fit into the general pattern that I have seen. I just discovered earlier today that one of the people I know, whose type is not 100 % certain but he is more likely a rational type than an irrational, is probably a night owl. A strong general correlation might still be there, even if you know many rationals that are night owls.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I would wonder how many correctly typed people you know overall, and how all of them fit into the general pattern that I have seen. I just discovered earlier today that one of the people I know, whose type is not 100 % certain but he is more likely a rational type than an irrational, is probably a night owl. A strong general correlation might still be there, even if you know many rationals that are night owls.
    Can I also not wonder the same about yours then? How many correctly typed people do you know overall, and how many of them fit into the general pattern that I have seen?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I also not wonder the same about yours then? How many correctly typed people do you know overall, and how many of them fit into the general pattern that I have seen?
    I mentioned all of those I am more than 99 % certain of. I know many other people as well, whose type I am fairly certain of, but in their case I am only about 90 % certain or less. Why include people whose type we are not absolutely certain of?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I don't think that 1:00 classifies as being a night owl, most people I know go to bed at that time (maybe because I'm young?)
    Yeah I agree. I think most people go to sleep around that time or bit later. Except the ones who really have to wake up early. Excluding one INTj that I know, he used to go to sleep like around 10 pm.

I used to go to sleep around 6-8 am. But now I just simply live a longer day. So I usually go to sleep around 2 hours later every day.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp