Thread: Music bands typing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Music bands typing

I've got a new idea. What do you think about determining psychological types of music bands/artists, considering their music? I'll give some example:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - alternative, somewhat funky, entertaining, but still giving us some message. I guess ENFp.
    KoRn - heavy, often say about pain and rejection but it's not sensible though. Rather ISTp.
    Green Day - lately very political, system-criticizing. INTp nowadays, ISTp before American Idiot.
    DJ Tiesto - boom-bang-boom ESTj.

Now, please, give some other propositions, or correct mine :wink:

INTj, iNtuitive subtype

Quote Originally Posted by Hashish
    gah you're like the shittiest INTj ever!
    Proud to be different!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eagles - ISTp. They sing about very usual thinks like love and having fun (I mean, these are not usual things for an INTp but for most people ). Their lyrics are mostly really traditional, their music also isn't revolutionary at all (however GREAT).
    The Rascals - So ESFp . My dual - seems right. Let's be free and let's groove on the sun with with lots of friends and stuff...
    Ringside - They sing about sadomasochism but I don't think they have victim attitude. They's sensing type. Or maybe not... They MUST me victims. What about ENFj?
    The Beatles - ENFp?
    Nirvana - Just like Cobain. Very INFp. Anything to explain? I don't think so.
    The Buffalo Springfield - INTj
    Mattafix - INFj?
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Music bands typing

Quote Originally Posted by Reeboq
    I've got a new idea. What do you think about determining psychological types of music bands/artists, considering their music? I'll give some example:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - alternative, somewhat funky, entertaining, but still giving us some message. I guess ENFp.
    KoRn - heavy, often say about pain and rejection but it's not sensible though. Rather ISTp.
    Green Day - lately very political, system-criticizing. INTp nowadays, ISTp before American Idiot.

This is more genre-related than single-band-related. For example, Gammas like the aggressive stuff like heavy metal, industrial or hip-hop ; whereas Deltas prefers hippie things.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still think cobain is INFj.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    No. He's more likely to be ILI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S-16jdsOF4[/youtube]
    Scroll it forward to ~5:00 and watch him in action. Do you still think, that Cobain is an INFj?

INTj, iNtuitive subtype

Proud to be different!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    No. He's more likely to be ILI.
    Well...I am sure he WAS INFp. These are a couple whys:
    1. http://www.cannanes.com/images/Kurt_..._Jnl_p.229.gif Is this written by a rational type?
    2. When he would enter a party he would say 'Here we are now, entertain us!'. INFj would never do that. He loved the attention.
    3. Look at his lifestyle. A total mess, absolute rock'n'roll.
    4. He would have attacks of anger and fury.
    5. Do I INTjs spray walls, dye their hair pink, wear jeans with holes paint theri toenails red?
    6. He was a lyricist.
    7. I've got a book with his photographs, he really liked to be goofy.

I also thought that he'd been INFj for a long time (partly because he could have had Avoidant Personality Disorder) but now I am cartain he was INFp. My sister's INFp and I know pretty much about that type (if only she shot herself (kidding of course)).
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you type an entire band when the members are probably all different types (or at least some different from others)?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's obviously divised a mathematical theorum that seperates the frequencies of instruments and analyzes them in a socionics framework.

he's completely wrong, too.
    asd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    How do you type an entire band when the members are probably all different types (or at least some different from others)?
    How do you say the Italians are impulsive and chaotic? They're all different! Well...of course -- every band has members with various types but we try to type an overall character of a band. You can't take it that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by nijo
    What about Guns N' Roses, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, and Led Zeppelin?
    Well...Jimi Hendrix isn't a band actually. Neither is David Bowie. I would say Guns N' Roses are ESTp but I may be wrong 'cause I'm not really into them (and I DEFINITELY dislike Axl (arrogant bastard). And Led Zeppelin? I don't know a single song of theirs. :/
    INFp(INTp)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by njio
    The Eagles - ISTp. They sing about very usual thinks like love and having fun (I mean, these are not usual things for an INTp but for most people ). Their lyrics are mostly really traditional, their music also isn't revolutionary at all (however GREAT).
    The Rascals - So ESFp . My dual - seems right. Let's be free and let's groove on the sun with with lots of friends and stuff...
    Ringside - They sing about sadomasochism but I don't think they have victim attitude. They's sensing type. Or maybe not... They MUST me victims. What about ENFj?
    The Beatles - ENFp?
    Nirvana - Just like Cobain. Very INFp. Anything to explain? I don't think so.
    The Buffalo Springfield - INTj
    Mattafix - INFj?
    I love the Beatles! The Eagles are decent...

What about Guns N' Roses, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, and Led Zeppelin?
    The Beatles are most likely Gamma really, so you should take most typings only on face value.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you say the Italians are impulsive and chaotic?
    I don't...

Well...of course -- every band has members with various types but we try to type an overall character of a band. You can't take it that seriously.
    OK, entertain me then.

What sort of impression do you get from these two bands;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJj4u...elated&search= (<-- love the insanity)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEcwF0prnf0 (<-- laughing out loud at the anger)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First one is pretty chaotic, vigorous and emotional. Being sincere, I don't understand the lyrics entirely... ExFp in my opinion.
    Guys from The Fall of Troy act very similar, but I find their lyrics more sensible. Maybe ENFp~INFp.

Typing a band which I really don't know is quite similar to Visual Identification. I am able to describe them, but only superficially, because I listened to the only one song, I know nothing about the members etc. You would make it better :wink:

INTj, iNtuitive subtype

Proud to be different!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First one is pretty chaotic, vigorous and emotional. Being sincere, I don't understand the lyrics entirely... ExFp in my opinion.
    When you say you don't understand the lyrics, do you mean you can't hear the words, or you hear the words but don't know what they mean?

And this one was more of a... trick question. You were right about somethings. They're known for their chaotic, high energy live shows with things like climbing onto the rafters and throwing parts of the stage around. But, their normal personalities are different. They (at least the two frontmen) say that they hate most people, don't go out when they aren't touring, and pretty much just stay home working all the time.

Guys from The Fall of Troy act very similar, but I find their lyrics more sensible. Maybe ENFp~INFp.
    I thought this was the easier one. Their frontman seems to show an... INT-type of anger. I just wish he'd stop screaming.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.I think they were typed already hundreeds of times b4 you did.

2. INTp same victims as ENFj and being victim is not means s&m it just mean you provocate then other reacts, and other should be completely sure in what he doing andshould do it till end. (acomplish)

3. Cobain is beta = INFp its proved

Also if we want to get full list we should just check quadra forums music threads and unite them.
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorc
    3. Cobain is beta = INFp its proved
    LMAO... proved.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best way to type music is by quadra values and then it can be mixed ....
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Primordial: Delta
    Tool: Alpha
    Sonic Youth: Alpha
    Dinosaur Jr.: Delta
    The Ramones: Delta or Beta
    The Clash: Beta
    Gypsy Kings: Delta or Alpha
    yeah yeah yeahs: Alpha or Delta
    Violent Femmes: Delta
    Arcade Fire: Beta
    Type-O Negative: Beta
    Bring me to the horizon: Beta
    Portishead: Alpha or Delta
    The Distillers: Beta
    Green Day: Gamma
    Hole: Beta
    Joy Division: Beta
    Neutral Milk Hotel: Delta
    New Order: Beta/Alpha
    Nirvana: Beta
    Queens of the Stone Age: Gamma
    The XX: Gamma
    Phoenix: Delta
    Animal Collective: Delta
    Last edited by suedehead; 08-15-2016 at 03:28 PM.