Hybrid View

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Princess Bride

Anybody seen this movie? What quadra might it be? Are the characters typeable?

It's among my favorites.
    Last edited by Minde; 12-29-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: replacing broken image link
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched it literally a couple of days ago. Good movie. Very quotable.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The princess bride is INFj, in real life and in the character.
    He is ISTp.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I love that movie.
    I suspect that the bad guy with the lisp is ESTj. He reminds me of one real-life ESTj.

Most characters are not seriously typable. If I forced a type on them, I would have to start with saying that the main charactrers are clearly duals. Very cute together. The guy could spend so long saying so little (beginning of the story), so he'd be the introvert, and she would be the extrovert. I don't think they have any quadra vibe together. Even the talk about true love doesn't make them Fi because it's also a Fe thing to have the most romantic life. How about if she is ESTj and he is INFj? That could work on many different aspects.

I do think that the riming bad guys are activity partners. How about INFp to Enego Montoya (mistyped ) and ISTj to the giant.? Just guessing here.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inigo Montoya was the coolest, regardless of type. Also, I think the movie was overall pretty Delta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Gamma, some Delta, some Alpha... Wesley seems ESE to me, but I think Buttercup is probably EII. Inigo Montoya is IEE, I think: he definitely seems EP, and I can't see him as Se or Ti. The giant could be LSE; a little too candid for LSI. The Sicilian guy is obviously LIE
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resurrecting! Thought I'd do that instead of starting a whole new thread...

Yeah, it's clear that Wesley and Buttercup are supposed to be Duals, but I don't think that they really are.

Inigo...I'm thinking Ni-PoLR, as he is so bent on his revenge that he has absolutely no plans for his future beyond that. So either ESE or LSE based on that. Though perhaps Ni Role could be a possibility, too: SEI or SLI.

Wesley...I actually think he's more likely the Extravert than Buttercup. But I could be wrong. Probably not Se-Base, though. Maybe Te-Base? If Introverted, maybe Si-Base with Te-Creative. I actually think he and Inigo could be Identicals. At the very least, Mirrors.

Buttercup is hard to type, as I don't think she is a very well-developed character compared to the others. She is rather dull, IMO. I do get an Fe-vibe from her, though. Maybe SEI. idk.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Creepy-male

I would think ESI for Iņigo. Isn't he mostly built around his personal quest for revenge?

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    I would think ESI for Iņigo. Isn't he mostly built around his personal quest for revenge?
    Actually, you may be right. Gamma, at least.

Here's an ugly possibility for Wesley and Buttercup: what if Wesley is actually Buttercup's Supervisor? No really. Think about it.
    My life's work (haha):

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inigo Montoya: ISTp
    Vizzini: ENTp
    Masked Dude: ESTj

still need to see the whole thing.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Dumbass sensor alert. You'll have to spell it out for me.
    Sure.

Supervision is an asymmetric relation (like relations of benefit) in which one partner, the supervisor, is in a more powerful position psychologically than the other, the supervisee.
    It is clear to me that Wesley is the leader in the relationship. Buttercup's just along for the ride, always following his lead. I can't remember one instance in the entire movie when Wesley turned to Buttercup and said anything along the lines of, "you're right." He was always the one reassuring her, instructing her. She did stand up for herself once, right before she pushed Wesley down the hill.

This is due to the correlation of partners' functions, which allows the supervisor to put more psychological pressure on the supervisee through his leading function than vice versa.
    Assuming Wesley is ESTj and Buttercup is ISFp, his leading function (Te) would be exerting pressure on her Vulnerable Te.

Typically, the supervisee feels somewhat wary or careful about his words when approaching a supervisor. This innate wariness can develop into a full-fledged supervision "syndrome" if given the right conditions, or it can remain at a manageable level if neither person is in a position of power over the other, and partners do not overstep the natural bounds of the relationship.
    I can't say that I recall any of this^ happening.

Common ground between supervision partners is usually attained by the supervisor resonating with the leading function of the supervisee (which is his creative function).
    Si.

Common ground can also be reached through the suggestive function of the supervisee, which is the valued mobilizing function of the supervisor. However, both are weak in this area and tend to only discuss their pursuits rather than actually doing them together.
    Ne.

The supervisor is usually interested in what the supervisee does and says, but at the same time feels like it is often in need of modification or reformulation from the point of view of his leading function.
    Again, leading Te vs. Vulnerable Te. Wesley must always be correcting Buttercup's faulty reasoning, and educating her about the world (this aspect of the relationship is even more noticeable in the book).

For a working relationship or friendship to work, the supervisor must exercise discipline and avoid commenting on the supervisee's weak points as he sees them.
    And this, Wesley does.

In the romantic sphere, the supervisor often finds the supervisee's use of his demonstrative function alluring, but will ultimately be unsatisfied with its sporadic nature.
    Fi. Note how Wesley questions Buttercup's faithfulness before revealing his identity.

The supervisee in turn sees the supervisor as an admirable but somewhat bewildering persona.
    Buttercup expresses bewilderment with Wesley several times throughout the movie. Wesley amazes her, but she hardly seems to understand him.
    My life's work (haha):