Thread: type my buddy from work

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type my buddy from work

First off...my relationship with him:
    I get along very well with this person from day to day. We've only had one disagreement in the 3 or so years that I've known him and worked with him. We don't often hang out away from work but when we do it's always a good time. The only reason we don't hang out more often is because of the age difference which is about... 26 years...lol
    We often joke around any time we're around eachother and tend to think very much alike with our sense of humor. You can often hear, "that's just soooo wrong, but damn that's funny" when we are chatting it up.

Some things about him:
    He's a VERY good artist and can make/draw/paint/craft any kind of art one can think of. He does sometimes have a dark side where he'll paint/draw something that may seem evil but not like some that I've seen where everything is negative and weird. I actually don't know what I'm trying to say so much here...lol
    Here's a bit he wrote about himself on a blog in his Myspace.
    artist bio
    Born in 1954 in a small town in upstate New York where his father was studying for a Doctorate of Philosophy at a Catholic college. Nick showed a penchant for art from an early age and was lucky enough to have parents who fostered this interest and sent him to a variety of teachers, the most notable being John Heath, an accomplished wildlife painter in Marquette, Michigan. Nick studied oil painting, watercolor, pencil drawing and paper mache mask making before entering high school where he received the Minot, North Dakota Mayor's award for a wire sculpture. He attended art school at Briar Cliff College in Sioux City, Iowa during 1973-74 before quitting due to the dogmatic approach of the minimalists who ran the program. He learned airbrushing and painted custom motorcycle tanks for customers in Iowa and New Mexico while working as a manual laborer during the late 1970s and early 1980s. Nick received 2 awards for mixed media works in the New Mexico State Fair in this same time frame. He also tried several different styles of acrylic painting, continued his mask making and dabbled in wood carving. In the early 1990s he first became interested in the computer as an art medium when he was hired by Intel Corporation as a technician. Since that time computer has become his preferred medium although he still enjoys mask making and in 2005 made a set of masks for the Theatro Milago of Portland performance of Jardin de Suenos. He has exhibited his work at galleries in Sioux Falls South Dakota, Bend, Oregon and Portland, Oregon.
    Along with a paragraph he wrote about himself on his myspace page...
    He works with me in semiconductor manufacturing but it's hard to tell the way he puts it... I've always found it interesting how he can word it though.
    In my current incarnation I'm a knuckle-dragging, button pushing, albino ninja descended from a long line of northern European white trash with a nasty case of existential angst. In previous incarnations I've been; a studious little catholic school boy, a nomadic drug-addled street freak, a disgruntled art student, a working class hero on long term chemical vacation, a happily divorced single father on an endorphin buzz/capitalist warmonger, a world traveler/Korean language student/wannabe English teacher. My current tech geek incarnation is wearing thin since the CEO stopped sharing the loot and I'm trying to see which direction to fly off the handle. Feels like about time for another incarnation.
    His "who I'd like to meet" from his myspace:
    R. Crumb, Padre Pio(or anyone with stigmata), all those girls across the bar I shoulda talked to, a bhodisatva, Rush Limbaugh in a dark alley when I have a club, Kim Jong Il's hairdresser, artists, impeached prom queens, North Dakota ex-pats, burners, UFO aliens, strippers for Jesus, left behinds from the rapture, revisionist historians, peyote traders, 3rd party Presidential candidates and unmolested altar boys. (I'm working on a class action suit because my self-esteem was damaged, I mean really, wasn't I pretty enough in my altar boy outfit?) I don't want to meet naughty little webcam girls because voyeurism isn't one of my hobbies. Do you hear me Sassie Cassie?
    And just a few more things about him... he used to be bad into drugs, has been a full blown alcoholic for a few long parts of his life but has since calmed down considerably and actually takes great care of himself now. He's as fit as anyone I know, works out a lot and eats quite healthy. He seems to be friendly to everyone he meets, at least always when I'm around him.
    hmm, i dunno what else I can come up with.

Here's his myspace...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=73994796
    If you look at his pics you can see some of his art/paintings/pics etc... He's done some cool stuff with many different mediums to work with.

Anyone have any ideas on his type? Just to point out, I am an ESFJ and we get along very well... If that makes any difference.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quitting due to the dogmatic approach of the minimalists who ran the program
    sounds Ti to me. I'd guess ISTj or Alpha NT.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe entp
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    maybe entp
    yes
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp sounds like a good bet.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, he sounds like a funny guy.

I got a whiff of negativism from his "who I'd like to meet" profile, but other than that, ILE works. LII would be the only other option; I can't see this easily being any non-Alpha NT type.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah . LII or even EII is my V.I. impression. He seems like one of those guys who is extremely nice, and personable. I can;'t imagine him being a drug addict or anything.
    asd

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I act a lot like that, though I hope to god I am not THAT silly. I find him to be a little too much and trying too hard, but he seems great.

Also when he said 'white trash' it makes me crack up. Dunno why as it wasn't particularly funny or original it just did lol.

I really think this guy might be your dual but don't get TOO excited. He seems like just a really goofy INTj. Now to me ENTps kind of hold the torch with their goofy charms but I think INTjs can be the same way as well. I would say ISFp too, but something seems...off about that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: type my buddy from work

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    In my current incarnation I'm a knuckle-dragging, button pushing, albino ninja descended from a long line of northern European white trash with a nasty case of existential angst.

Reminds me of a friend at college who I believe is ENTp-Ne. He can spit out strings of adjectives like that effortlessly. When he's playing video games, his "cursing" is some of the most creative I've heard, and he's not even listening to what he's saying most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    yeah . LII or even EII is my V.I. impression. He seems like one of those guys who is extremely nice, and personable. I can;'t imagine him being a drug addict or anything.
    He's been writing a list of all the drugs he's done in his life and I laugh everytime he tells me about a new one.

He also hitch-hiked all over the US in his younger years when drugs pretty much told him what to do...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    I act a lot like that, though I hope to god I am not THAT silly. I find him to be a little too much and trying too hard, but he seems great.

Also when he said 'white trash' it makes me crack up. Dunno why as it wasn't particularly funny or original it just did lol.

I really think this guy might be your dual but don't get TOO excited. He seems like just a really goofy INTj. Now to me ENTps kind of hold the torch with their goofy charms but I think INTjs can be the same way as well. I would say ISFp too, but something seems...off about that.
    I don't think he's "that" silly in real life as he's portrayed himself on myspace... but when the two of us are around eachother it's usually talking about something funny. Like 90% of the time.

lol, i'm not looking for him to be my dual. I was actually just wondering what his type is in general. Just the fact that I get along as well as I do with him, I figured him to be in the same quadra, which has been noticeably pointed out here. :wink: