0 Thread(s)

I agree with INFp.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could someone confirm for me that VI is actually the preferred method for typing, because it seems to be used a lot here. I don't understand how anyone could identify someone's type by looking at their facial features.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Could someone confirm for me that VI is actually the preferred method for typing, because it seems to be used a lot here. I don't understand how anyone could identify someone's type by looking at their facial features.
    You are too new of the matter. I started being good at it after 1 year, and it was a sudden flash, not something gained methodically.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of focus on Ni and Ti so far. Some questions to see if you value Ni or Ne more...

What is your viewpoint on stagnation, and can you summarize your experiences with it? How do you feel about going with the flow? Do you feel a perpetual need to swim against the current? Do you crave someone who can pull you -- and others -- out of the whirlpools in life?

Do you actually like people who threaten violence as "punishment" because they make you feel protected? Have you appreciated someone's company just because you can rely on them to be good bodyguards?

Ever felt like a prey? :wink:
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with INFp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    VI is not everyone's preferred method for typing, I prefer to use it to support a description; however, VI when seeing the person "live" or in a good video is as good as a description.

However, it's not necessarily, or mainly, about a person's "facial features" in terms of the size of their noses, or the like. It's more that, if you have a large enough number of pictures, if they are representative, you can get a glimpse into the person's state of mind and temperament.

As FDG said, it takes time. I think it makes no sense to try to start with VI, as Ganin's website suggests. After you observe enough people and their types, it becomes automatic. My present boss is ISFp. I typed him as such within 5 seconds of seeing him, and all the further interactions just confirmed it.

But like anything else in Socionics, it's not black-and-white.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to confuse you, but now you seem more INFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya. Your response to raisonpure sounds more infj.
    INTp
    sx/sp

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah, WTFmate!?!? Lmao. Daaaang, heathiepoo was right all along. But I dunno - your first post sounded strictly like one of those peace loving INFp types.. there are different forms of them alright?! But the whole not liking violence.. well - that may be misleading. You did say you enjoyed people who exude confidence. Confidence is all about Se. I think perhaps raison just went to far with the physicality of it all that turned you off about that certain question..

Now that I think more of this though, you don't give me that "vibe" INFps give.. you are way too "chill".. hmm.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    VI is not everyone's preferred method for typing, I prefer to use it to support a description; however, VI when seeing the person "live" or in a good video is as good as a description.

However, it's not necessarily, or mainly, about a person's "facial features" in terms of the size of their noses, or the like. It's more that, if you have a large enough number of pictures, if they are representative, you can get a glimpse into the person's state of mind and temperament.
    Understandable. I think videos are easily the best method of typing someone. Then you get the full deal.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I still see the possibility of INFp in his reply to raisonpure. I find some of the questions somewhat strange anyway, and there really is no way to answer them and still maintain any appearance of dignity without constructing an answer in the way that he did. There is a seriousness and lack of pretense in his writing that would point against INFp, but I'd like to think that's just maturity. I'm sure if he stick around long enough and has some more interaction on the forum, his type will become readily apparent. Being INFx for a while is not necessarily a bad idea.

He reminds me of BionicGoat in his pics.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I think perhaps raison just went to far with the physicality of it all that turned you off about that certain question..
    Oh man, I haven't even gotten to the good parts. If he's Ni-INFp, he'll eventually realize that he can't possibly have Se PoLR. I once thought I was Ne-INFj, especially since I relate to the part about knowing how to interpret symbols in Meged's subtype description. But in the end, I can't be INFj for these reasons:

- I enjoy physical struggle, and my blood boils with excitement when I'm watching "RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRR" war scenes in movies. Certain people can trigger fantasies about being pinned to the ground/wall.
    - "Overbearing tones" don't make me uncomfortable at all. People who take charge and bark orders at me (in commanding tones) turn me on, and I half fell in love with a guy who ordered me to hold a piece of paper with a blunt and unpolished "TAKE THIS!"
    - I liked it when my ESFp friend declared "I wish I could row over the ocean and beat up your teacher for hurting you!" when I told him about a conflict I had with my teacher.
    - I also liked it when another ESFp friend promised my mother "don't worry, I'll protect her well" and let down my guard when I'm walking with her because she's good at Judo and carries a knife with her. An ENTj girl provided me with the same feeling of safety because she was known to get into fights, so I could rely on her to kick some major ass in case we got assaulted.
    - I kick inanimate objects and threaten violence every once in a while.
    - I am attracted to people with a "presence" and also need them for my social mission.

Quote Originally Posted by VatesSaeculum
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Ever felt like a prey? :wink:

Is that a threat or a promise?
    A sincere question, though I can fulfill the promise using the same tactics that ESTps have used on me IRL. You answer the questions a bit differently than I would. To me, living in stable environments (no change, no action, no thrill) is tantamount to trying to survive underwater. Stagnation smothers my soul; I feel like I'm drowning when I remain in the same place for too long. That whirlpool is symbolic of stagnation for me: if you ride the flow and make no effort to swim upwards -- that is, if there is no change for the better -- then all that awaits is death. I try to break free from stagnation by hopping from one place to another every once in a while -- and I've forsaken many hard-earned friends because of my constant frustration with the present + yearning for a better future -- but geographical change alone can't free me from the drowning sensation. I've tried countless times to change myself with "Reforming Me" strategies, but I've sunk so many times that I gave up on planning my future altogether. I need someone who will help me swim out of ruts by urging me to persevere towards the completion of my goals, otherwise I lose my drive half-way through and put off what's important for random distractions. It's like I'm a ball in a game of pool, you know? I can't push myself forward, and without someone to do it for me, it's useless to set a direction for myself.

I like how you mention the truly romantic image of "a valkyrie in shining armor that descends from the sky to rescue mankind at their darkest hour", and it's actually what I envision myself as. For others, the whirlpool represents a crisis that I have to extricate people from, and I try to steer them towards another direction using emotions -- guilt, shame, urgency, whatever. Unfortunately, experience has proved that I know of no other way to get what I want.

Well, if you relate to the above and know what I mean by preparing for "that day to come" through "influence" and can picture it all in your head as a video (Ni dynamic thinking) but can't convert it into words without being misunderstood and told off by non-Ni types, then INFp it is.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had best friend INFp
    (why had - he was ill with cancer ( )
    he looked like You alot, his self-made photos were like ones you did .. and eyes.... yep i tend to say you INFp
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.