Thread: Okay, I got an ENFP's number

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Okay, I got an ENFP's number.

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-25-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm...yeah that situation's hard to read. But it's possible she just hasn't dated a lot and doesn't know what's going on. It can't hurt to keep trying. Good to hear there are istps who are confident enough to make phone calls as well! I thought that was an urban myth that istps (and guys in general) used the phone. (j/k, kinda)
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some people that have a particular problem with the phone (seriously). All my girlfriends have complained how I sound "distant" on the phone. Don't take it as a signal of anything. Phone makes her uncomfortable because she cannot read body language (if her motivations are similar to mine, and it seems so, since you say that she's warm one-on-one). I suggest you to keep the communication to the bare essentials like: do you want to go out on day X at time Y.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Okay, I got an ENFP's number.

Quote Originally Posted by HitmanISTP
    Okay, she's an ENFP I'm interested in. I call her in the evening to see how she's doing and when she's on the phone, she seems to be all distant and super busy. It's like she can concentrate for a little bit and then starts going off elsewhere. It's kinda weird cause in person we got a long very well, but she seems all distant on email or phone. After a couple minutes of this, I tell her I gotta go and hang up. Then she sends me a text message responding to a question I mentioned a week ago in an email which I thought she ignored previously. I also assumed she was the wild and easy type as well, man I was wrong. She's even more innocent and dates less often than me considering her dramatic flavor. The types of guys she mentioned sound nothing like me, most of them sound like losers or boys who haven't grown up.

I'm gonna have to be more rough with this one.
    you gotta be a toughman! I sugget becoming an ultimate fighting champion. She'll love you. There's nothing hotter than a guy who makes money beating the shit out of people. Except guys who do it for free!
    asd

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I hate talking on the phone. I like to see someone in person so I can see how they're responding to what I say when I talk. I have no doubt I come off as distant on the phone, particularly with people I don't know very well - once I know someone well enough I can kind of guess how they're reacting as we talk, so it isn't as bad.

Also, I'm very easily distracted. So I might be on the phone and notice something and turn my attention away from the conversation and to whatever else.

SO it doesn't necessarily mean anything beyond not liking to talk on the phone.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-25-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Okay, I got an ENFP's number.

Okay, she's an ENFP I'm interested in. I call her in the evening to see how she's doing and when she's on the phone, she seems to be all distant and super busy. It's like she can concentrate for a little bit and then starts going off elsewhere. It's kinda weird cause in person we got a long very well, but she seems all distant on email or phone. After a couple minutes of this, I tell her I gotta go and hang up. Then she sends me a text message responding to a question I mentioned a week ago in an email which I thought she ignored previously. I also assumed she was the wild and easy type as well, man I was wrong. She's even more innocent and dates less often than me considering her dramatic flavor. The types of guys she mentioned sound nothing like me, most of them sound like losers or boys who haven't grown up.
    That sounds a lot like an ENFp. I also hate the phone. Yeah the idea that ENFp's are wild in that department is not always true. most of them probablly get mistyped for an ESFp.

I'm gonna have to be more rough with this one.
    hmm she might kick your ass
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    There are some people that have a particular problem with the phone (seriously). All my girlfriends have complained how I sound "distant" on the phone. Don't take it as a signal of anything. Phone makes her uncomfortable because she cannot read body language (if her motivations are similar to mine, and it seems so, since you say that she's warm one-on-one). I suggest you to keep the communication to the bare essentials like: do you want to go out on day X at time Y.
    I have that same problem. I read a lot into body language, and voice intonation and such. Though I am sure my problem stems from a different root slightly, as I am looking for Fe clear expressions.

I can sound exceptionally mean and cold on phones sometimes. It is dependent upon my relation to you.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-25-2008 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I hate the phone at times. But I love it other times. It depends how well I know the person I'm talking to and if they like the phone. Usually if the other person is a phone person, then I like to talk. But if they sound like they just want to make plans using the least amount of words possible, then I just keep it short. But in that case I prefer texting. I love texting becuase you can plan a big event w/ like 10 people all in one text message. it would take a long time to make all of those individual calls with all of the "and how is so and so?" and how is this and that?"

hitman, did anything happen w/ the enfp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if I know anything, when an ENFp does like you they will give you a lot of attention. If they dont have time for you then they are bored of you or in their mind someone more important to them occupies their thoughts.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    if I know anything, when an ENFp does like you they will give you a lot of attention. If they dont have time for you then they are bored of you or in their mind someone more important to them occupies their thoughts.
    but sometimes (and this may not go for ALL ENFPs...) I forget to keep in touch w/ people but not because I don't want to, I just forget. So it's good if other people show interest so that I know they're interested and it keeps my attention too. Of course, everyone is different. With any other type, I'd say not to show too much attention to the ENFP (becuase we don't like that smothering/controlling stuff and do get bored w/ that quickly), but w/ ISTPs I'd say it isn't really possible for them to be smothering, so show as much attention as is possible for you, or at least communicate your interest in some way (doesn't have to be words). I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, lol. But that's how i'd do it. But then again I have liked ISTPs who ignorred me also, so really I have no advice. sorry! lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should be sorry!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. This is kinda true. No further comment. lol.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. This is the ISTp's idea for keeping someone's attention:

ENFp: How was your day?
    ISTp: Fine.

(10 minutes later)

ENFp: So... what did you do today?
    ISTp: Not much.

(30 minutes later)

ENFp: Ok. I'm leaving, see you later!
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-25-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah something did happen, she got a hold of me and she flat out said that she would prefer someone more emotional, caring. Then she said "I didn't think you liked me anyways" and I responded "Yep, see ya" and I hung up. I didn't feel anything as I pretty much moved on about a day after posting this thread.
    Theres definately something about ENFp's and ISTp's. I think its something to do with todays society or something. Could be that these two types dont work well together until they are old enough to grow a brain. Till they are really old. That just plain sucks. Im still not giving up on ISTp females just yet.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've given up on meeting an ENFP....even as a friend. I've never came in contact with them. At least I don't think I have. People are people and I personally don't think they can be lumped into 4 letters or should base their lives around trying to find a certain type. So why am i here? I don't know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, that's too bad. That's a pretty mean thing of her to say, I think. How would she know if someone else is emotionally caring or not? You have to get to know them better to find that out. But anyway, I agree w/ Jessica in that people are people. And just because she was enfp doesn't mean she was a nice person.

I'm not sure if younger enfps/istps are doomed or something or not, but I still like the ISTPs. It hasn't worked out for me as of yet, but I can see that it definitely would w/ the right one.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I've given up on meeting an ENFP....even as a friend. I've never came in contact with them. At least I don't think I have. People are people and I personally don't think they can be lumped into 4 letters or should base their lives around trying to find a certain type. So why am i here? I don't know.
    hehe. Why give up without ever knowing one? If your going to give up on ENFp's you might aswell meet a few of them and if you dont like them thats fine. Your very young and an ENFp could come out of nowhere.

I hear what your saying, its a catch 22. Socionics if used wrong (which i sometimes do) can limit your opportunities and instead of opening your mind it will close it further. Why am i here? Well my personal perspective of the relationship and social scene is that its a pretty fucked up place. People in my opinion dont know what they want and all they really want is for someone to show interest in them. When that happens they get together and date. Unfortunately people aren't discerning enough or just want to get laid. Thats why these days 50% of marriages end in divorce and theres millions of kids in broken families etc. I think the very problem is people just take a hit and miss attitude and keep on making the same mistakes.

I agree with you that people cannot 100% be lumped into 4 letters. I see type as a blank canvas and life paints every one very differently. Its quite possible that an ENFp you meet is just a looser and not worth your time at all. A really high quality person from another type is often better than a shit version of your dual etc. That being said im here because i observe something in socionics i see as truth. I dont see it as a coincidence that my oldest friends are INFj, ISTp and ESTj. Ive often thought to myself "wow if i could just find a girl who was as cool as my friends" :wink:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels
    I'm not sure if younger enfps/istps are doomed or something or not, but I still like the ISTPs. It hasn't worked out for me as of yet, but I can see that it definitely would w/ the right one.
    Im going to find a superb one for you Jewels and Air mail him to you in a big crate
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FEDEX

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FEDEX
    I have a delicious sample of ENFp's for you to try too Icepick. $1,000 each. We offer both pick up or delivery. In fact if you buy in the next 30 minutes we will throw in a second ENFp for half price.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they have to be smart and a good subtype to

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh im sure we can cater for your needs. We have a number of different packages. All shapes and sizes.

Perhaps you like the raunchy ones who can go all nite long and give you unimaginable pleasure?

Or do you want a funny one that is good with the kids yet humourise you by burning toast?

A Zany mad scientist your style?

The Indiana Jones girl who will jump out of a helicopter onto a triple black diamond ski run?

All our ENFp's are harvested from the funnest parts of the world. Lifetime gurantee.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!! Yeah, I'll be waiting for my Fed Ex. Or perhaps I'll just order random stuff on ebay and hopefully the Fed Ex guy will be hot? :wink:

I like the "harvested from the funniest part of the world part"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna order ISTps! Don't be biased. :wink:
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    I wanna order ISTps! Don't be biased. :wink:
    ahh.. ISTp's guys are easy to find. Put an add like this in the local newspaper

Wanted: Strong, Silent and Single plumber required.

I need someone to come over here and thoroughly check my pipes. I haven't used them in a little while. Must be in good shape as the tools are going to have a big work out.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Wanted: Strong, Silent and Single plumber required.

I need someone to come over here and thoroughly check my pipes. I haven't used them in a little while. Must be in good shape as the tools are going to have a big work out.
    lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bigot! Stay the hell away!
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, yeah...from what I've read about enfjs and istps together, it's probably for the best. :wink:

It does sound like she's kinda closed-minded, which is fine if you're into that sort of thing.

All the enfjs I know are very cool and accepting, but it sounds like this particular girl had some issues. hmm...maybe she was married to a gay man on drugs with secret wives? That could scar you for a while I'd say...