TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LII good dream, LII nightmare

The "nightmare"
    At a place where I am responsible for many things, (I will refer to it as "the place"), it was time for getting food or something. We were working for a long time, and it was time to get some food quickly. We did not have to be too quick, but I did not want to leave the place for too long, because someone stayed behind that I was not completely comfortable with -- being all alone in the place by himself. Ultimately it was my decision. He already ate, so he stayed behind to work on things. I allowed for this, and I went out to hurry up and get something to eat.

So I step outside, and most of the people on the team/my team were going in one direction. We were in a city, so we were walking to get food. Most people went north, but someone else was left there, so I saw him, and we went south. This person was just some other regular. Seemed like a decent individual. So as we start going, we realize it is incredibly foggy. Cannot see across the street, can barely see what is on our side of the road.

So we are trying to figure out what places are close by, but neither one of us knows the area well. So we are somewhat struggling, and I am thinking about how I need to be swift, as I do not want to linger around - both to get back to work, and to make sure that the person who is there alone does not do anything foolish or destructive. We walk for a time and find nothing, and the fog is getting worse. Eventually we decide to go to the closest and fastest place we see, which happens to be a KFC. But still, we realize if is a fair distance away.

The next thing I know someone we know from our team pulls up in a car, in the middle of the foggy road. He invites us in. Inside is a close friend. So there are 4 people in the car - the driver, my close friend, the guy I started walking with, and myself. The driver is kind of unusual... and he is a horrible driver as well. How he stopped to pick us up, the car was such that it was facing the wrong direction (north), so he had to turn around to go to KFC (south). But he went so far north to turn around, it seemed extremely unnecessary, and his driving skills were questionable. He drove fast, and made some turns and cuts that were way too risky.

So eventually we get to KFC. I look at the menu. Everyone orders, I think, though I only remember my close friend ordering. On the menu that "this KFC" had, there were 8 options.

• regular 8 piece deal
      ?
      ?
      ?
      ?
      Romano red pizza
      Monoco white pizza
      Big 5 piece deal

I do not remember the other items, but I recall that I classified them as "something I would not get". Nevertheless - and this is the real part of the 'nightmare', I could not decide what I should get. It was extreme logic -- there was no "taste" or "hunger" involved. It was all mental. I was trying to think of every logical means to determine what I should eat --- what did I eat recently? What would be most appealing? What would be healthiest (I wanted to see if they did not have anything deep fried, and even though it was KFC and "this KFC" had pizza for some reason, all their chicken was fried). It got so bad, , that I asked my close friend what he got. And I was not satisfied with the answer (big 5), I wanted to see it. So I get his bag (to go), and open it up on the coutner. Inside I find a sort of layered package. A box, and there are different layers with each one covered by a thin piece of cardboard. So I open it up, and behind the first layer is a black square wallet in the middle, thin. I am like, what the hell is this? I check the other layers, or at least the first 3 out of about 5 or 6, and they all have wallets. I ask my friend why these are here? He gives me a look that makes me feel like he is somewhat nervous and not telling me something, so I am really wondering what is going on --- what is he doing to get all these wallets? I peaked inside one as discreetly as possible, and there was cash, a decent amount in the first one. It was like I uncovered something I was not supposed to see. I finally realized this is something I am going to have to deal with later, talk to him about it, etc.

But I still need to order my damn meal. And it is already taking way too long in my mind, the whole process in general. And now, I cannot decide what to eat, at all. People were suggesting things, but I did not want to make the wrong decision, so I took my time.
    The dream basically ends there. That is about when I woke up. I could not tell if I was just going to leave without getting anything, or if that point I was just going to pick something, anything, just to get going. I posted it here because it seems like a fairly clear LII - seeking - ESE sort of dream.

The cause was, simplistically, the blog I am working on - I am trying to figure out where everything should go, setting it up, and I wanted to do it all in one night.... but it is so late and I am so drained as it is, that I end up having to sleep before I finish. That happened last night. And, I was waiting for someone to call me as well, so all these things at once - it basically parallels the dream experience.

So... that was the "nightmare". It was not scary, just sort of unpleasant. I do not dream usually, and they are rarely emotional in terms of feeling good or bad about them.
    Here is the "good dream"....

Hitomi, from the DOA series
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DUFocgmzG0[/youtube]
    Personality

Hitomi is a martial artist through and through. Her victories have come as a result of a grueling training regimen as well as a complete commitment to her studies and her art. Not only has Hitomi practiced her techniques, she has studied them, coming to understand the deeper principles behind karate as well as the art itself.

Hitomi is very much an honorable competitor and follows the traditions of her art to the letter. She always fights fairly in a match, for to do otherwise would bring shame to her name, her martial art, and her father's dojo. Hitomi is also fair in her dealings with others, treating everybody equally and with the respect that they deserve. She will not underestimate a foe by acting in a brash or overconfident manner. At all times, she will fight to the best of her ability, as she wishes to test her strength and training to the fullest.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It sounds like you didn't 'warm-down' on your thinking before bedtime - I generally find it difficult to go to sleep with so many things going through my head - I just end up being half-awake, and still thinking. I find it best to read for about half-an-hour before going to bed - it helps me focus on things not directly attached to me. Half-doing a task without any basic schedule (in your head or whatever) is just going to leave you tired and in a panic - I think that dream is prolly a one-off though , and I doubt there will be any lasing damage .

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, there is no damage. I thought it was rather humorous when I woke up.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Portable Jung - buy it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP you seem somehow so much more mellow than I am... Here is a dream I sent to my Mom recently because it freaked me out:

I have a lot of really messed up/scary dreams, but this one really got my attention. I dreamed I killed a man. Somehow, he was in the back of a car. Maybe I even put him there but I don't know. I knew he was there and did nothing, because he was dangerous. If I tried to help him, he would probably attack me. I knew he would not only die, but die painfully this way, of thirst and heat. I think someone had cut off some of his fingers and mangled his hand, but that part of the dream perhaps has more to do with a couple of movies I saw than anything. The rest of the dream I think does not. I felt a knot in my stomach about his excruciating death, but did not dare touch him, and left him to die that way. I could not see his face, I think there was a hood of some sort over it. I could feel the heat and thirst under the hood, and his resignation to his fate.

Note: I saw both Deja Vu and Pan's Labyrinth fairly recently and both include hand mangling, so I think that part is just a sort movie scene I find particularly disturbing and it showed up in my dream.
    Female INTJ

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James
    UDP you seem somehow so much more mellow than I am... Here is a dream I sent to my Mom recently because it freaked me out:

I have a lot of really messed up/scary dreams, but this one really got my attention. I dreamed I killed a man. Somehow, he was in the back of a car. Maybe I even put him there but I don't know. I knew he was there and did nothing, because he was dangerous. If I tried to help him, he would probably attack me. I knew he would not only die, but die painfully this way, of thirst and heat. I think someone had cut off some of his fingers and mangled his hand, but that part of the dream perhaps has more to do with a couple of movies I saw than anything. The rest of the dream I think does not. I felt a knot in my stomach about his excruciating death, but did not dare touch him, and left him to die that way. I could not see his face, I think there was a hood of some sort over it. I could feel the heat and thirst under the hood, and his resignation to his fate.

Note: I saw both Deja Vu and Pan's Labyrinth fairly recently and both include hand mangling, so I think that part is just a sort movie scene I find particularly disturbing and it showed up in my dream.
    Jung would have said the hooded man is an expression of the shadow. In the early adulthood to mid-life period, the shadow exists not within oneself, but as a side effect of one's conscious use of the 7th function as a complement to the 1st. You realize your shadow is dangerous, therefore you leave him to die. The question is though, did he really die...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, wading through all of these functions, and the various ways different sites/people seem to break them down was really annoying. Not that your comment was annoying or anything, just to be clear. If I have it right, you mean to say that this thing: (my first function?) and my seventh function ( ?) should ideally be used together, but you also seem to imply that the seventh function is, in, fact, as dangerous as I believe the man to be. The Ti would be all of the fun and interesting 'broad strokes' stuff and the Te is all of the unbelievably boring, and, I will admit it, very difficult and overwhelming minutiae. If he is really an antagonist, his death would be welcome. Honestly, I think I might know what the dream means, but I am not sure. I think it is the death of Hope, which, when you really think about it, can be a real tyrant. Heh, I sort of hope it is anyway... Yes, I see what I did there. Whatever he is, I am sure he is dead, but not sure he will stay that way.
    Female INTJ

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James

Dream interpretation is a sort of pseudoscience, but most dreams are suppose to be about a hidden anxiety or fear about a transitional moment in your life or upcoming event - I'm just guessing from what little I know, but this dream might suggest you fear your past, and yet you fear leaving it behind - you might feel like you have 'killed' your past self, and are unable to return to that stage - the indecision pains you. (But don't it too seriously - I'm a trainee archaeologist, not a psychoanalyst .

tcaudilllg is right about the 'hooded man' representing your shadow (at least in dream interpretations) - it basically means your hidden self that you weren't aware of - the man is you, but you don't recognise him - the shadow is suppose to have the same gender as you (i.e. be female), so I don't understand that - it's probably not important to the main message.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never have silly dreams that are scary and need to be interpreted.

Creepy-bg

what does it mean if I dream about a snake smoking a cigar driving one of those long milk trucks through a train tunnel painted pink?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It probably means you've been watching too many Disney films.

Obviously, the snake represents Satan; the smoking suggests you consider this your vice, which you cannot escape. The milk truck going through a pink train tunnel may suggest a love one has run away with a lesbian milkwoman - the fact you spotted the pink paint shows that this was all a facade to get away from you....possibly?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    It probably means you've been watching too many Disney films.

Obviously, the snake represents Satan; the smoking suggests you consider this your vice, which you cannot escape. The milk truck going through a pink train tunnel may suggest a love one has run away with a lesbian milkwoman - the fact you spotted the pink paint shows that this was all a facade to get away from you....possibly?
    thank God... I was worried it was something sexual

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    thank God... I was worried it was something sexual
    probably a little more "homo" sexual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I never have silly dreams that are scary and need to be interpreted.
    Sarcasm? Heh, I really can't tell for sure.
    Female INTJ

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have pretty morbid dreams sometimes too. I dreamed I just killed a dog. Like, I was supposed to make dinner for people I don't know very well and I thought they wanted me to kill this black lab for dinner. Then when I did I felt my own soul die the same time I killed the dog. I sooo didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway. Then when I killed the dog everybody was all 'what did you do?' but they were eerily calm about it like they suspected me to fail. I was all 'I thought I was supposed to do that!' And they were all 'If you didn't know what you wanted to make for dinner why didn't you ask?'

And I was all 'I don't know...' I didn't want to say I was afraid of them, because they were all really weird like in some sort of cult and I didn't want it to seem like they had power over me but they clearly did anyway.

It was a scary dream!

I also have a few apocalyptic dreams where the world is ending. Everything feels so purposeful and heavy-handed. And it feels conflicted as hell because each side is like 50/50. You don't know how it's gonna turn out and it just makes it more frightening.

Creepy-bg

I don't have bad dreams anymore.... weird ones, yeah, but those are cool and I like them alot.

I've also got an ABORT! button or something in my head so that if I don't like the dream or where it's heading I can kind of focus on "I want out!" and wake myself up,

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah when things start to get really ugly it's like something in your brain prevents you from damaging yourself so you wake up. Kind of like a reverse orgasm??