Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Superegos You Dislike

When a superego partner is critical of you, how do you interpret their criticism?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I feel like they are trying to undermine my authoritative position in certain areas that I consider myself an expert - they directly challenge my way of doing things + way of thinking. They don't seek to improve upon my methods, they seek to dismantle them completely. Even to get something across to them of the smallest importance is a chore - you have to try and speak like them or something, in their terms. Any conversation you've rehearsed to be in their 'language' can fail disastrously if you get one tiny detail wrong - often I seem completely oblivious to how I might have acted improperly while acting to their standards. I feel damned if I do, damned if I don't - the best option in superego relations is emigration.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I welcome it most of the time honestly, because I try to work on .
    When it is unnecessary aggression towards I see them as entirely silly. But when they are right in an way that I do not see, I usually appreciate it.

^ I originally wrote that thinking about being supervised by an ESTp, but I suppose it is the same for superego ~ ISFj

I have never had any friction with an ISFj however, probably because we have not often interacted.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superegos can be useful if you want to be very demanding of yourself. Though it gets tiring after a while, and, like Subterranean said, both parties are always on edge, and thus must be very careful with their criticism.

This also makes a sustained dialog difficult. You pretty much have to just respond "ok" to their input, and do as they tell you. The mutual Role functions suppress differences that in conflictors would lead to fights.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Intercourse was founded in 1754.
    ROFLZ ...............
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Superegos You Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    When a superego partner is critical of you, how do you interpret their criticism?
    I have gotten along very well with my superego. I might feel offended by their criticisms sometimes because I feel that they don't understand me and my rationale of doing something. Most of the criticisms given by my superego include comments about how I am always missing important details which I had considered unnecessary, how idealistic I am and how removed I am from reality, how relaxed I am in terms of looking around my first full-time job before I officially graduate in July etc.

For example, my ISTj best friend couldn't believe how relaxed and steady I am in finding a job to the extent that she offered to look around for me if there are any openings. When I told her that I'm waiting to apply for something I believe strongly in and feel comfortable with, she commented about how choosy I was and that I am too idealistic (it's her way of saying "naive". ) for the real world.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Superegos You Dislike

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    I have gotten along very well with my superego. I might feel offended by their criticisms sometimes because I feel that they don't understand me and my rationale of doing something. Most of the criticisms given by my superego include comments about how I am always missing important details which I had considered unnecessary, how idealistic I am and how removed I am from reality, how relaxed I am in terms of looking around my first full-time job before I officially graduate in July etc.

For example, my ISTj best friend couldn't believe how relaxed and steady I am in finding a job to the extent that she offered to look around for me if there are any openings. When I told her that I'm waiting to apply for something I believe strongly in and feel comfortable with, she commented about how choosy I was and that I am too idealistic (it's her way of saying "naive". ) for the real world.
    Obviously that was not what I meant. Although it goes without saying, your ISTj best friend is hardly your critic. It would be reasonable for you to just remove your post here altogether.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't usually dislike them (esfp's). but i get annoyed with them. they kinda flit from one thing to another, and always have to throw their weight around. they tend to be like uber extraverted and the Se is like wham! gets on my nerves with them much more than with estp's, who definitely take a quieter approach.

i can't really get that close to them. they're more like people i'd go to a party with.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often