Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: INFps: can you see yourselves with an ESTp longterm?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Very standard IEI thing. My girl thinks exactly the same way. She once quoted to me from the novel Fight Club: "It's easy to cry when you realize everyone you love will reject you or die".

Personally I find it extremely depressing. I can't believe you lot even like thinking like that. And it doesn't exactly make me want to commit to someone I feel like is going to fuck off after a while.
    There's a special tool for when INFps start talking nonsense.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    When that kind of longing happens you just find people to fulfill that need.

I guess I just think more like a cat. I also have a distaste for overly needy people.
    I disdain most things I can't have. But there are some desires that I like to keep near the surface.

But yeah, I also am turned off by overly needy people, and I try to keep my personal needy-ness very private and individual. I've always been a cat person too. I hate dogs. Too needy, want to much attention, yuck. Cats are nice and will leave you alone if you want them to. But then at the same time, they inhabit your space, you know?

Well said, gayboy.
    Thanks, dumbass.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, same. Cat's come to you when they want affection, and they are picky with who they want it from & give it to. Too much neediness will send them away. They're independent creatures, though this doesn't distort the fact that they do enjoy your company & need you as a companion. And they can also feel neglected.
    I had a cat that wanted constant attention.

TIM
    IEI-Ni; e54 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to post a lot here for someone who's cool been ms. lonestar.

TIM
    IEI-Ni; e54 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be more vague.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that Thompson quote, Starfall. People in this thread are interpreting it too dramatically I think.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    Thompsons quote is too nihilistic for me to take seriously. When you die, don't you want to be looking back on your life and remembering the good things you accomplished / times you had?
    When you're dead, you're dead. You can't look back.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Yeah, same. Cat's come to you when they want affection, and they are picky with who they want it from & give it to. Too much neediness will send them away. They're independent creatures, though this doesn't distort the fact that they do enjoy your company & need you as a companion. And they can also feel neglected.
    The problem with cats is that they're kind of useless, and they linger around. And they try to rub themselves up against you and ingraniate themselves. But they serve no useful purpose.

If they sense that you don't want them around then they'll keep more distance then when you're not paying attention they'll try and sneak into your space. If you don't pay them attention they'll start acting up to get attention. And they're kind of gross, and move against the flow of other people.

Dogs, will move when you move. And be still when you're still. Cats will move when you're still, and pause when you move. Then they'll try and counter your moves and blah blah. So reactive. So contrary.

That said, I've never had my own cat, nor my own dog. I've lived with cats and dogs a few times. And random cats, dogs etc. I often don't notice cats the first time I visit somewhere, but dogs will tend to come up to me. And if I'm around dogs too much they seem to follow me. And if I'm around cats too much they tend to avoid me.

ALTHOUGH, one thing I've noticed is that cats tend to like slower movements where dogs are fine when you move fast. Like if you move fast a dog will just kind of be around and active and so forth. Whereas a cat will watch from a distance and be "unsure" about being nearby. A dog might bark, and sometimes dogs will playfight with each other. But cats don't really fight they go at each other. Cats are a lot more violent. Dogs it's just a kind of loud sometimes etc. But it's more controlled. Whereas cats bite and scratch and so forth. So if you want a cat to come to you, you have to be quieter and slower and kind of let them come to you. And if you want a dog to come to you you just have to be there and just do things. Thing is if you do things with a cat around it may try and get in your way, or act haphazardly where dogs seem to be more aware of space and don't try and trip you up.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    The problem with cats is that they're kind of useless, and they linger around. And they try to rub themselves up against you and ingraniate themselves. But they serve no useful purpose.

If they sense that you don't want them around then they'll keep more distance then when you're not paying attention they'll try and sneak into your space. If you don't pay them attention they'll start acting up to get attention. And they're kind of gross, and move against the flow of other people.

Dogs, will move when you move. And be still when you're still. Cats will move when you're still, and pause when you move. Then they'll try and counter your moves and blah blah. So reactive. So contrary.

That said, I've never had my own cat, nor my own dog. I've lived with cats and dogs a few times. And random cats, dogs etc. I often don't notice cats the first time I visit somewhere, but dogs will tend to come up to me. And if I'm around dogs too much they seem to follow me. And if I'm around cats too much they tend to avoid me.

ALTHOUGH, one thing I've noticed is that cats tend to like slower movements where dogs are fine when you move fast. Like if you move fast a dog will just kind of be around and active and so forth. Whereas a cat will watch from a distance and be "unsure" about being nearby. A dog might bark, and sometimes dogs will playfight with each other. But cats don't really fight they go at each other. Cats are a lot more violent. Dogs it's just a kind of loud sometimes etc. But it's more controlled. Whereas cats bite and scratch and so forth. So if you want a cat to come to you, you have to be quieter and slower and kind of let them come to you. And if you want a dog to come to you you just have to be there and just do things. Thing is if you do things with a cat around it may try and get in your way, or act haphazardly where dogs seem to be more aware of space and don't try and trip you up.
    That's a lot of good Se perception.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    he's full of it. (Se perception, that is. although he's probably full of a lot of other stuff too. lol)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    he's full of it. (Se perception, that is. although he's probably full of a lot of other stuff too. lol)
    I like it when he analyzes these stuff, makes me think how I would look at the world if I were a Beta ST, reading their description/observation you can kind of imagine how they live day to day and what goes into their mind.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Crazedrat's post has me thinking about how easy it is for conflicting relations to start:

ESTj and INFp like to take it easy and let things flow in time, they don't rush into a relationship.

ESTp and INFj like to get to the point and get things done, so they rush into a relationship.

Usualy, INFj's are irritated by how slow ESTj's move and want to rush, but are met with pushes. I'm not sure about ESTp/INFp relations and how those go. But, I'm sure INFp's want to go slow.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-21-2010 at 06:49 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I like it when he analyzes these stuff, makes me think how I would look at the world if I were a Beta ST, reading their description/observation you can kind of imagine how they live day to day and what goes into their mind.
    this stuff or these things. not these stuff. fullstop after beta st.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well he was of the very rigid and hardass kind of, not like subterranean for example, so I didn't really feel bad

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    There's a special tool for when INFps start talking nonsense.

HAHA!

You people are taking this too literally.
    Can't help it, I pretty much see things realistically. IEIs are like cryptic mystery boxes to me. And yet somehow, they appreciate me :/

I feel the same way.
    I guess this is what it's all about then. IEIs and SLEs take FUCKING AGES to actually properly dualise because each is afraid of getting hurt by the other. It's extremely frustrating. Part of the reason I won't fully give myself to her is because I'm afraid of being hurt by her because she's afraid of being hurt by me. The only reason she's unsure is because she's being self-preservationist; she says she has to wait for certain things to happen, but those things are never going to happen unless she lets her guard down. Likewise, if I don't let my guard down, I can't show her I'm not going to hurt her.

what makes me cool?
    You are fucking cool. And hot.

I like that Thompson quote, Starfall. People in this thread are interpreting it too dramatically I think.
    No way. I'm driven by guardedness. (See above)

Why do you spend so much time posting in this forum? It's supposed to be everything you devalue/find virtually intolerable, and yet you seem to dedicate most of your energy to the Betas on this forum.

I think I spy a Beta.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

ezra one can't be driven by guardedness. one can be guarded by being "driven" and not wanting to stay open in case there could be a problem. that's lazy and makes one wonder what one is being so driven in the pursuit off though.

when one focuses too much on specific things other things can fall by the wayside... and sometimes one has to take into account the priorites of ones live.

that said, speaking in the third person sucks after a while.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Why is it or should it be something I devalue?
    You're not a Beta, so this energy isn't going to you.
    Sic 'em.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Why is it or should it be something I devalue?
    You're not a Beta, so this energy isn't going to you.
    you ravenous beast! how dare you let the likes of ezra in our fair circle.

the dogs in full heat will be tempted by the flesh blood. and how shall we calm them?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that said, speaking in the third person sucks after a while.
    u make me laugh.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the dogs in full heat will be tempted by the flesh blood. and how shall we calm them?
    aren't you supposed to be sleeping. lol

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

aren't you supposed to be sleeping. lol
    who am i to do as i should

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

never stair down at a pit bull they say.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never stair down at a pit bull they say.
    stare.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

stare.

It'd probably push her down the stairs with it's fierce head.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd probably push her down the stairs with it's fierce head.
    ahhahaha

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is what it's all about then. IEIs and SLEs take FUCKING AGES to actually properly dualise because each is afraid of getting hurt by the other. It's extremely frustrating. Part of the reason I won't fully give myself to her is because I'm afraid of being hurt by her because she's afraid of being hurt by me. The only reason she's unsure is because she's being self-preservationist; she says she has to wait for certain things to happen, but those things are never going to happen unless she lets her guard down. Likewise, if I don't let my guard down, I can't show her I'm not going to hurt her.
    What do you mean "Give your self to"? Like opening up? Telling her how you really feel? Deep dark secrets?
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like shit?
    No, like three foot, one-eyed, narcissistic Jewish birthday clowns.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like shit?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    No, like three foot, one-eyed, narcissistic Jewish birthday clowns.
    You know what, there's too much descrimination in your post here again, you are using Fi DS and if you don't learn to listen to me, your Fe is going to suffer A LOT as a result and it's already very apparent in the way you call attention to yourself with such emotional responses.

Can't you see that I'm reacting to your statements? Not because I want to make trouble with you to aggrivate, annoy or to irritate you more, but balance this effect. Talk to Airborn and maybe re read Squak's comment in how role manifest in LSI.

At some point you gotta realize that adapting to Fi values is a healthy thing. The reverse effect is happening to you that squak is talking about in his/her post In here...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/671361-post18.html

Just find an Fi who you're comfortable with and start listening to them, that would help a little.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-21-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    What do you mean "Give your self to"? Like opening up? Telling her how you really feel? Deep dark secrets?
    Good point. I actually don't really know, when it comes to it. I'm not even sure it's tangible. I guess I just gotta make her realise I'm not going to hurt her. Over a period of time.

Tell her this, all of it. Be honest with her. The fact that SLE's actually can let their guard down around IEI's is actually saying a lot in itself.
    We've discussed it before. I think the only way things will change is when both of us REALISE something, whatever that something is. There's no reason it shouldn't work.

Glad you noticed.
    ARROGANTTT

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, there's too much descrimination in your post here again, you are using Fi DS and if you don't learn to listen to me, your Fe is going to suffer A LOT as a result and it's already very apparent in the way you call attention to yourself with such emotional responses.

Can't you see that I'm reacting to your statements? Not because I want to make trouble with you to aggrivate, annoy or to irritate you more, but balance this effect. Talk to Airborn and maybe re read Squak's comment in how role manifest in LSI.

At some point you gotta realize that adapting to Fi values is a healthy thing. The reverse effect is happening to you that squak is talking about in his/her post In here...

Just find an Fi who you're comfortable with and start listening to them, that would help a little.
    Give up. Socionics lesson number one: you're not going to make one type into another. Some people are always going to piss you off. Some people you're always going to just like being around. This is applicable beyond socionics.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it just occurred to me what a stupid title this thread is. "can you see yourself with your dual longterm?" what the hell. if you can't say yes to this question, you must not think socionics is worth shit. (and if that's the case, fair enough. lol)

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

it just occurred to me what a stupid title this thread is. "can you see yourself with your dual longterm?" what the hell. if you can't say yes to this question, you must not think socionics is worth shit. (and if that's the case, fair enough. lol)
    Not everyone has faith.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Good point. I actually don't really know, when it comes to it. I'm not even sure it's tangible. I guess I just gotta make her realise I'm not going to hurt her. Over a period of time.

We've discussed it before. I think the only way things will change is when both of us REALISE something, whatever that something is. There's no reason it shouldn't work.

ARROGANTTT
    You don't sound like you're in a good place.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Ezra's all about the deep dark secrets. Did you know he was a hemaphrodite?:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't sound like you're in a good place.
    Au contraire, I'm in a fantastic place right now. I'm just overdramatic

Did you know he was a hemaphrodite?:
    ONLY YOU KNOW THIS. NOW THE FORUM KNOWS. FUCKER.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Au contraire, I'm in a fantastic place right now. I'm just overdramatic
    nothing cuter than an overdramatic SLE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and people say you're not Beta. lol
    *MARITSA* says I'm not Beta. Does any other retard? Oh yeah, Ashton. HAH! What a retard.

I think that every beta trolls it up a bit online except for EIEs .The same applies to alphas except for ESEs.So don't get upset,Maritsa.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares about the longterm ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast