Thread: ESI-ISFj creative extraverted sensing Se - examples?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESI-ISFj creative extraverted sensing Se - examples?

Se on creative function... what's that?

How does it translate to real life?

Examining it in the case of an ISFj will help a lot.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orderliness
    punishment of people that do bad stuff
    tendency to dominance in bed
    thinking of being right in arguments
    in the more evolved kind of ISFjs, intellectual indipendence (yeah i know this is usually attributed to Ne? But anyway, that's what I have observed)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the more evolved kind of ISFjs, intellectual indipendence (yeah i know this is usually attributed to Ne? But anyway, that's what I have observed)
    Intellectual independence. Could you give examples or elaborate further? And what does it got to do with being more developed?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    Intellectual independence. Could you give examples or elaborate further? And what does it got to do with being more developed?
    By this I mean that they will not go with the flow in deciding their political leanings/intellectual interests/hobbies/etc; of course the individual has to be more "self-aware" in order to be able to decide which side he/she prefers, that's what I meant by "more developed"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the ISFjs I've known have always had a strong sense of style and have been highly opinionated about physical appearance (both their own and others'). This is based on three different ISFjs I know, so as far as I can tell it could have something to do with creative Se, but I'm not certain.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strong sense of loyalty, valuing authority, great appreciation of willpower and frustration with those who don't have willpower.

Examples from my ISFj brother:

He is very loyal to his work, even if things aren't that great. He has a hard time saying, "My boss sucks" and just finding another job. If he's made a commitment to them, he feels he must remain loyal. Same thing in his marriage. His wife (FINALLY soon to be ex-wife thankfully) is really really awful. Imagine the worst things a wife could do in a marriage and multiply it by 10 and that's her. But it's taken him 12 years to file for divorce. He felt he made a commitment and no matter how bad things were and how miserable he got, it was his job to see it through. The only reason he finally filed for divorce was because she's also a bad mother and he thinks it's his duty to them to divorce her and try to get custody. The fact that he was miserable with her wasn't a factor in his decision. As for authority - he was in the military for a long time and has that strong belief in doing what you're told and trusting those in positions of authority. I can't think of a good example right now. Willpower - my brother gets very frustrated with people who are unable to give up vices, like smoking. He smoked for a while but when my STBESIL (soon to be ex sister in law) got pregnant, he quit cold turkey. My STBESIL had trouble quitting and actually still smokes and my brother was furious that she couldn't quit. This was a big big big deal for him. He really looks down on people who smoke now. Not just her. Anyone who smokes is weak, as far as he's concerned. That doesn't mean all ISFjs will look down on people who smoke, but I think lack of patience with weak willpower will probably show up somewhere.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah, i know two ISFjs that have stopped smoking cold turkey when their boyfriend-s told them that smoke is bad bla bla bla etc etc

also most ISxjs i know can force themsleves to study very long hours shit that bores the crap out of me, or can pull off very planned routines of exercise (i can exercise a lot but they follow the plan very methodically whereas i do everything casually)

slackermom: do you think that the loyalty could also be related to fi dominance?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

slackermom: do you think that the loyalty could also be related to fi dominance?
    Yeah, though I think there's a realtionship between Fi and Se there. Fi for the relationship and Se for the strong sense of duty.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    All the ISFjs I've known have always had a strong sense of style and have been highly opinionated about physical appearance (both their own and others'). This is based on three different ISFjs I know, so as far as I can tell it could have something to do with creative Se, but I'm not certain.
    Confirmed by my experience.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I THINK there are two kinds of them, one that is very prickly about others style and also dresses up too much and one that is only somewhat bitchy about others but doesn't dress up; i personally find the first "kind" of ISFj completely intolerable even to come near my vicinity wheras the second type i get along very well

i mean c'mon girl you can't really give too much though to your physical appearance, it's fucking gross

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I THINK there are two kinds of them, one that is very prickly about others style and also dresses up too much and one that is only somewhat bitchy about others but doesn't dress up; i personally find the first "kind" of ISFj completely intolerable even to come near my vicinity wheras the second type i get along very well

i mean c'mon girl you can't really give too much though to your physical appearance, it's fucking gross
    I have experience with the second type of ISFj you mention. I wonder, how would this bickering about appearance and clothing affect an ISFj's relationship with an ENTj?
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must have strong Se (Fi subtype?) because I do a lot of things listed here...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't mean all ISFjs will look down on people who smoke, but I think lack of patience with weak willpower will probably show up somewhere.
    Would you say that an ISFj will also be critical of his own lack of patience and willpower, or would it be true that it is not characteristic of an ISFj to have a lack of patience and willpower in the first place?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you say that an ISFj will also be critical of his own lack of patience and willpower, or would it be true that it is not characteristic of an ISFj to have a lack of patience and willpower in the first place?
    I think it's both the ISFj will be self-critical, but most others will think that the ISFj does not lack willpower.

As for patience -- if something needs to be done, or if something is likely to happen, ISFjs are anxious about putting it off and/or waiting.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Expat"]

As for patience -- if something needs to be done, or if something is likely to happen, ISFjs are anxious about putting it off and/or waiting.
    Sounds like me. I fear I'll grow up to be a wrinkle-faced man with a stiff jaw. And no hair.

Besides saving up for plastic surgery, what else can I do to prevent the onset of such undesirable features?

Not that I enjoy plastic on my organic body.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs: