Thread: Preference

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Preference

Is Socionics type, like MBTI, preference, or is it - as is being discussed in Origin of Type - like the Enneagram; inherent?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Preference

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Is Socionics type, like MBTI, preference, or is it - as is being discussed in Origin of Type - like the Enneagram; inherent?
    All three are inherent, even your MBTT type. The MBTI is only a typing method -- a method to discover your inherent type, and of course your preferences, at least those that are tested in MBTI, are inborn. You have a preference, but you can't choose which one to have; you discover it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you believe in human nature?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you believe in human nature?
    Probably. It depends on what you mean. I believe that all of our behaviours can be traced to a genetic origin. Even cultures are originated from nature. Everything is nature in a sense, and everything in nature is ultimately physics. This is of course a clearly externalist perspective on man and the universe, and I also believe that we should have such a perspective on everything that is a part of science.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the concrete things socionics has taught me is that people's personalities don't really change, and that it's pointless to try to change them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    One of the concrete things socionics has taught me is that people's personalities don't really change, and that it's pointless to try to change them.
    Yet we can develop them, and work on our flaws, so as to become better human beings.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if one wants to change his TIM it means that he's complicit in cognitive discrimination

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet we can develop them, and work on our flaws, so as to become better human beings.
    I don't want to work on my weak-points, because I see them as weaknesses in other people, too.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In ourselves, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    if one wants to change his TIM it means that he's complicit in cognitive discrimination
    I was talking about other people.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In ourselves, yes.
    But we shouldn't attempt to develop other people because it's pointless without their willingness to change themselves. Is that what you're saying?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In ourselves, yes.
    But we shouldn't attempt to develop other people because it's pointless without their willingness to change themselves. Is that what you're saying?
    Yes, basically. But it's a viewpoint partly based on Si, fwiw.