Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
One of the biggest things to keep in mind with Jim Carrey is that his whole "crazy man" face-pulling act is just a persona. It's not the real him. If you watch the interview with Charlie Rose, he talks about how when he was young, he saw it as his "job" to cheer his mom up, who was ill and depressed. He put on this act in order to do that, and just kept doing it. It's like a mask that he's worn for so long, it's almost become a part of him. But it's definitely not the "real him". The real Jim Carrey is the one you see talking to Charlie Rose in that interview, or in other more serious interviews.
ENFjs are known for playing a role in front of others or in society. There is no such thing as the real Jim Carrey as having in the superego block means not knowing "who you are", as the alpha SFs like to put it. The sense of identity in types is so confused that its intimidating to have define the "real you" to others, if you were an type you wouldnt know what that is since its constantly changing. types dont have a static sense of who they are like alphas and deltas do, so it may hard to understand for some people who dont have it. An ESFj friend of mine(who Im not friends with anymore, since he turned out to be an asshole) was trying to pin things I do as "yes thats you!" and it may have been but to me it was only the persona, the mask i had developed naturally for myself.