Thread: Quasi-identical relations "modelling"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quasi-identical relations "modelling"

Some thoughts on the problems of QI couples -- basically each one would be "fooled" by the dual-seeking that is the other's PoLR.

- LII - ILI: Problems on - : could that relationship even start? Only if they happened to be "thrown" in the same place and situation. The ILI would wait forever for the LII to take the initiative, and the LII would find the ILI's lack of Fe depressing. Proper only for geek-talk and probably extremely rare in romantic relationships.

- ILE-LIE: it would flounder on , which is to say: the LIE would be annoyed at the perceived lack of definition and reliability in the relationship on a daily basis, and their day-to-day lives would be unhealthy, messy and chaotic on daily basis, to the unhappiness of the ILE. Fi-Si means: no understanding of what the other one wants of the relationship on a daily basis.

- ESE-SEE : : the SEE would push them both into activities that would just unsettle the ESE, who would not understand what was the point of anything but hope that the SEE knew that they were doing. Probably several blunders. Lack of Ni-Ti: no clear sense of direction, like a machine gun out of control.

- SEI-ESI: this one could start better than the LII-ILI one, but it could only work at the level of fun and naive activities such as sports. The ESI would find the SEI inconstant and unhelpful and untruthful and unreliable, and the SEI would just find the ESI boring and cold and rigid. Te-Ne - no idea of what to do differently, together, so boredom - or lots of strange ideas that go nowhere.

- IEI-EII: I can see this starting if they are already in the same social situation, at the Fe level (which the EII would not separate from Fi). The consequence would be chaos in the area of Te-Se: accumulation of wealth. Disastrous financial decisions.

- EIE-IEE - could start easily. Problems on Ti-Si: lots of confusion as to how to organize their daily affairs. Paralysis in chaos.

- SLE-LSE - now that is interesting. Ni-Fi. It could actually work for a while, if both are deluded as to what the other sees for the relationship in the longer term. The LSE would think that the SLE is a bit nuts but stay because "we love each other" and the SLE would think that the LSE is a sort of useful hanger-on who does not contribute much to their mutual goals.

- LSI-SLI: this could also start in favorable circumstances. Fe-Ne problems. They would stagnate in daily routine and barely speak to each other, bored to death. But could manage their daily affairs well.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Quasi-Identical couples that I think are likely to be observed IRL on occasion are these --

SEI-ESI: extremely frustrated and unhappy, but it could work if both have some sort of civil-service job in a small town. The house would be clean and work. They would do some sports together and enjoy nature. The ESI would think that the SEI is not interested in anything of significance and the SEI would think that the ESI is cold and bitchy.

IEI-EII: it could work for a while, depending on what they expect and which interests they share, but they would make a mess of their finances, or at least not make any savings. Probably the IEI would end up bossing the EII around, but in a "sweet" way so the EII might not notice or care, but the IEI would have increasing frustration with the EII.

EIE-IEE - can work - if they are rich and with servants. But the EIE would get frustrated at the lack of consistent opinions from the IEE.

SLE-LSE: it could work well on the surface and fool many outsiders that it's a "dream couple", but it would work at the level of the SLE "tolerating" the LSE and the LSE totally deluded. I believe I know of such a couple, which ended with the SLE suddenly leaving, to the astonishment of their social circle who bought the "dream couple" image.

LSI-SLI: could work for a long time in the same circumstances as the SEI-ESI, and with both bored to death on a daily basis, probably barely talking to each other and focused on own hobbies.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quasi-identity "modelling"

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    - SLE-LSE - now that is interesting. Ni-Fi. It could actually work for a while, if both are deluded as to what the other sees for the relationship in the longer term. The LSE would think that the SLE is a bit nuts but stay because "we love each other" and the SLE would think that the LSE is a sort of useful hanger-on who does not contribute much to their mutual goals.

- LSI-SLI: this could also start in favorable circumstances. Fe-Ne problems. They would stagnate in daily routine and barely speak to each other, bored to death. But could manage their daily affairs well.
    Two notes:

- The first of the two I quoted collapses after a short while due to the battle of base function. Both extraverts, both STs, both negativists - probably the worst kind of quasi identical relationship. I mean maybe it'd be different if the LSE was a woman. I know only one and she is very hot.

- I've seen LSI SLI friendships. There were two in class that were doing a project toghether, isolated from the rest. The LSI ended up taking most of the workload, I understood the situation and so asked them both to join the rest of us in the project. What you describe is right, they barely talked to each other basically. Sometimes I really wonder how it'd be to be an introvert and not being able to break out from such a relationship
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quasi-identity "modelling"

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    - The first of the two I quoted collapses after a short while due to the battle of base function. Both extraverts, both STs, both negativists - probably the worst kind of quasi identical relationship. I mean maybe it'd be different if the LSE was a woman. I know only one and she is very hot.
    In the case of a romantic couple, I think it could survive for some time based on mutual attraction and common goals in terms of accumulating wealth and having some fun in sports etc, and of mutual respect in terms of seeing the other as competent etc. But without that being present, as in friends just to enjoy each other's company spontaneously, it would get sour very easily.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an aunt and uncle of mine as far as i can tell are an LSI-SLI pair (aunt LSI, uncle SLI). obviously, they're married, and they can rarely ever agree on anything. their relationship does appear to have almost no emotional reciprocation as expat described, but additionally they disagree on almost everything relating to their day to day lives. the LSI is a (perhaps not unexpectedly) a total control freak and the two of them have gotten into arguments over where to live (my family has a house in maine; the LSI wants to move there, while the SLI has been passively resisting this change in order to keep working in the city), how to take care of their kids, and numerous other topics.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid quite a few introverts may end up marrying other introverts due to their belonging in the same social circle, community, etc, and sharing some interests, especially if they are in the same club.

I know an m EII - f ESI couple. They got together essentially because they were the "only ones" in a fairly self-contained community. Of course they understand each other on the level of Fi IJ, but the ESI woman got increasingly frustrated with what she sees as the EII's lack of a sense of direction, ambition, and initiative. She increasingly spends more time working and staying with their SEE daughter who runs a business in another city.