Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chess: Is it type-related?

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was taught chess a long time ago, when I was 13 by a particular nerdy boy whom I became friends with. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s ILI, as he did believe that I’m smart. I’ve watched the nerd club play chess throughout middle school and high school (my nerd graduated as valedictorian and he also got 1600 on SAT and 36 on ACT) but aside from my slight interest in the theoretical parts of chess and seeing how it manifests in game mode, I don’t want to play. I can grasp how others play, but it’s one sort of thing that I’m not interested in participating.

Being an ethical doesn’t make one allergic to logical thinking or anything like that but it definitively gives insight to their motivations and interests. I like things that are in the realm of the logical such as I’ve always been obsessed with solving logical puzzles but those are easy for me and get really dry if it’s just straight up barebones puzzles (like math, sudoku, etc.), so my preference is problem solving esp. murder mysteries. Problem solving is rather a Te thing, which is what I get excited about and it turns out, solving tangible mysteries is a Te thing. Unsolved mysteries, cold cases really fascinate and I’ll spend more time reading about that. I need the human element to add a little something to making it more thrilling.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you really want to get into logical games I don't think chess really serves you that well.

Just by looking at encryption attacks - it cheers me up much more. I need to dive into that.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair premise. When I play chess, I try and focus on the person's moves. I then play a game of what are they going to do. It works or fails. Either way, I don't play a lot of chess.

If I studied it more, I'd say more, but I'm more interested in different games.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder, if chess aptitude is type related, how different types would fare with chess variants. Though I am still rated 900-ish on chess.com for the regular game, I just recently broke 1800 on the atomic chess variant. It would be interesting if it were the case that other IEIs do better in the atomic variant too.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    I wonder, if chess aptitude is type related, how different types would fare with chess variants. Though I am still rated 900-ish on chess.com for the regular game, I just recently broke 1800 on the atomic chess variant. It would be interesting if it were the case that other IEIs do better in the atomic variant too.

Gamma NTs have comprised most of the top-rated chess players. Good Ni is probably helpful.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby Fisher is SLI, so I don't know about the NT assumption. Probably thinkers are among the best
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally, ESFJs are not good at chess.

I'm an INTP, and I'm really good at Pokemon, but not chess.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oooh this thread is topical bcus my son has been sending me regular texts about his chess achievements lately. he's LIE. now i'll read it

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni, Te, and Ti helps out with chess. I tend to play too aggressively and make mistakes too often in chess.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know of an ILE-Ti female EIE male couple that played chess against each other. The ILE-Ti was my psychiatric nurse lol. I had a crush on her from the first moment I saw her and was desperate for her farts but I knew I was too stupid and ugly for her just like I'm too stupid and ugly for my own standards. 5 years after I met her she married a very high achieving, energetic, young, lead physics teacher and curriculum designer. ILE-Ti don't want to fuck (or even spend time with) stupid, ugly non-achievers like me, they're really attracted to driven men w/ dark sense of humor that's well articulated and who can work well with structures, so they go for the EIE-Ni, sometimes ESI-Se.

I would be terrible at chess.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the next wcc will be a battle of conflict types. LSI vs. IEE

I think Nepo looks a bit like @Megatrop

https://youtu.be/JFVzbZ9tsWM
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123