Thread: ILE & LII in sports

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILE & LII in sports

Always figured Se-ego leaned toward sports & competition. However, I've noticed many ILEs & LIIs engaged in sports. Ne is supposedly an idea function. I pose the question, Why are ILE & LII involved in sports? Is it the love of strategy? Something else entirely?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are they? Usually exercise is good for overall functioning. Sometimes movement can release some unexpected thoughts.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se isn't directly linked with competition, so I'd assume anyone/type prone to being competitive would be more likely to join a sport no matter what type.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is about ILE and LII. But as an IEE I love exercising, and used to do some sports, kick-boxing among them (and I was good at it, beat up a few tough Se egos ). It's probably because of being interested in different things due to Ne. Not all is limited to just the intellectual field.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Why are ILE & LII involved in sports?
    By similar reasons as other types. Type is what is _more_ in you.
    Compared to S types, in average, N types have lesser interest to physical training and state, are harder to force themselves for physical training, have worse body control. This does not mean they can't or have no interest to that.
    Among N types, valued Si means higher interest to health and good body look, what may compensate lesser interest to physical load. Some kinds of sport mb comparably attractive for Ne as for Ni.

In kinds of sport which do not nead too intensive physical load should be more of N types. Games with a ball, ski, dancing, running, etc. While in box, weight lifting and force gymnastics (the one with rings) - S types (and Se valued among N types) should have higher %.
    The difference in types % should be more significant among champions.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say I like playing sports for the same reason a dog likes to run around aimlessly

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many LIIs and ILEs don't seem to be as dedicated to practice or perfecting a competitive skill as are some other types. Many do partake in fitness and or recreational sports activities but most don't have the focus for serious competition. I've been more physically fit than all other LIIs that I've met but genetics had a big role in that along with a stress-filled home environment that caused me to want to be outdoors all the time. Fitness lowers my stress levels. I never ever wanted to play team sports, and spectator sports were always good sedatives for me when I needed naps.

a.k.a. I/O

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thomas Muller, champion of 7-1 Germany Brazil in 2014, and overseer of Bayern Munich Barcelona 8-2 in 2020.

Muller is pretty springy, sprite like, tumbling chaos chains, shocking the world, he shows all of that innovate gem of those 2 types.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Thomas Muller, champion of 7-1 Germany Brazil in 2014, and overseer of Bayern Munich Barcelona 8-2 in 2020.

Muller is pretty springy, sprite like, tumbling chaos chains, shocking the world, he shows all of that innovate gem of those 2 types.
    I have been wondering if he's an ILE, too.

https://youtu.be/4VnKQVXtFfo
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    I have been wondering if he's an ILE, too.

https://youtu.be/4VnKQVXtFfo
    I must say that those are pretty solid ILE moves.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    I must say that those are pretty solid ILE moves.
    must be a weird enviroment for him because I think the majority of soccer players are ESI

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Stewart (ILE) played soccer at the college level.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    must be a weird enviroment for him because I think the majority of soccer players are ESI
    Yes.
    Solo improvisation (as in not really giving a sh*t at times) is hard in team sports without naturally given exceptional skillset. Probably favors rationals.

(from ice hockey Dominik Hasek was quite original diva dunno what his type is).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI are often exceptional at sports because acquiring skill requires a lot of hard work and repetition, doing the same thing over and over again for small improvents. I mostly try to be decent at a lot of things but don't care to be exceptional at any sport.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Yes.
    Solo improvisation (as in not really giving a sh*t at times) is hard in team sports without naturally given exceptional skillset. Probably favors rationals.

(from ice hockey Dominik Hasek was quite original diva dunno what his type is).
    I'd say Hasek is an EII-Ne.

Appreciate the takes here. Can def say they made sense & shed light on the topic.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My parents (EII and ILI) were the typical weak nerdy types lol. Never taught me to care about exercising and all that. In school I didn't like sports and I sucked at them and I also failed gym class twice lol. Obviously people thought I sucked because I had glasses and kids with glasses are supposed to suck at everything physical. Eventually I started lifting weights and I just loved it. Been lifting regularly for over 2 years now. These days I lift a few hours a week as well as working a labour job 40 hours a week lol.

>Usually exercise is good for overall functioning. Sometimes movement can release some unexpected thoughts. @BrightDemonSheep96
    This is absolutely true. With Ne I absolutely can't stay physically still in one place. Even when I'm daydreaming I HAVE to move around, it happens involuntarily. I start pacing around in circles or I just go for a long walk to get my thoughts running at full speed. I feel like Ne being a perceiving function it just needs any kind of sensory input to use as information to process and generate ideas or something lol

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was a teenager I was on a swim team. I was never the best, but I did OK and enjoyed it. The exercise and effort felt good, and it was an opportunity to talk to people, which I didn't have very often. Occasionally, not as often as I should, I go running. Unfortunately everywhere in this city smells fairly terrible and it's a reason not to. But I like to feel my body moving, engaged in the moment, and feeling like I'm doing something rather than just sitting, wasting my life in schoolwork or in reading or the Internet.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No need, I can kill people with my brain.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Det cool to grab perspectives here I couldn't on my own. Sounds like Si & Ne play their unique roles here. My best guess anyway. My Si is pretty tight but my Ne can only speculate. Cheers to all you Ne-egos on this one

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to play sports, esp. running (four-five miles ~6 days per week) and hiking. I do resistance training too, and I'm hoping to do martial arts this summer. But it's mostly to stay healthy and look youthful, not to have a "jacked bod", which would probably clash with my personality.
    Last edited by xerx; 04-24-2021 at 07:11 AM. Reason: reformatted

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not very into sports but I like walking and riding bikes.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    My parents (EII and ILI) were the typical weak nerdy types lol. Never taught me to care about exercising and all that. In school I didn't like sports and I sucked at them and I also failed gym class twice lol. Obviously people thought I sucked because I had glasses and kids with glasses are supposed to suck at everything physical. Eventually I started lifting weights and I just loved it. Been lifting regularly for over 2 years now. These days I lift a few hours a week as well as working a labour job 40 hours a week lol.

>Usually exercise is good for overall functioning. Sometimes movement can release some unexpected thoughts. @BrightDemonSheep96
    This is absolutely true. With Ne I absolutely can't stay physically still in one place. Even when I'm daydreaming I HAVE to move around, it happens involuntarily. I start pacing around in circles or I just go for a long walk to get my thoughts running at full speed. I feel like Ne being a perceiving function it just needs any kind of sensory input to use as information to process and generate ideas or something lol
    Moving around to gather sensory input for ideas strikes me as to how an Ne-ego type may end up as a coach or on-field strategist. Rather strictly utilizing a physical approach, Ne would allow for nuance or creativity to one-up the opposition.

Feel free to correct me if my theory is inaccurate

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The muay thai gym I used to frequent also had an LII as a regular. I can't speak to his ability now but I do remember when he first started he "turtled up" to aggression. I also had a LII teacher in high school who, I heard, was a good bowler. I suspect there's an LII in BJJ classes I go to but I have only met him once.

Can't speak to ILEs.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this isnt as type related as people make It to be. For example great reflexes and coordination or good Endurance seem to have more of a genetic / personal Basis rather than being Type related.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think this isnt as type related as people make It to be. For example great reflexes and coordination or good Endurance seem to have more of a genetic / personal Basis rather than being Type related.
    At the same time, I watched an LII toss something to an SLI in an office and it went wide of the guy. The SLI lazily reached out AND FUCKING PICKED IT OUT OF THE AIR. He didn't "catch" it, he just reached out and took it from the air.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    At the same time, I watched an LII toss something to an SLI in an office and it went wide of the guy. The SLI lazily reached out AND FUCKING PICKED IT OUT OF THE AIR. He didn't "catch" it, he just reached out and took it from the air.
    Ahah. Yeah there's something to it when it comes to a day-to-day basis. But sports are a focussed matter. For example I know a IEE, complete airhead, who can play soccer extremely well - it's as if he's something else on the pitch and personality type doesn't matter.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit