Thread: Enneagram type

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type

Since I've joined this forum I tentatively typed as 9, however it's always been a tossup between 6 and 9, and also 2 to a lesser extent (and 4 a tiny bit). The problem is that while I relate to 9 as a description of myself, I have never been wholly 'chill' in my life. Like I might seem easygoing and laidback on the outside, but am internally very nervous most of the time, whether it's due to self consciousness and how I come across, or how other people are reacting, I score high on neuroticism on the big 5. I also relate to type 2 a lot, because I do things to get other people to like me and am hypersensitive to rejection. But I don't relate to the pride and histrionic part of 2, so I discounted it (ok, I mainly relate to the good parts and not the bad, lol). Overall, it seems like behavior wise 9 is a good fit, and I do engage in narcotization when I need to distract myself, whether it's reading, eating, or sleeping. That part fits to a T. But I still feel I have too much going on in my head to be a 9. I also tend to doubt myself heavily and overthink things, and a lot of what I procrastinate on is to not think about the worry.

I don't really know if I'm asking to be typed here since the enneagram is about introspection, but I still just felt like putting this out

I think you're a 6. Cordiality subtype. It means that you try to get sympathy from other because you don't want them to be hostile to you (so, you do it because of the FEAR of it. I don't think you do it because of the 2' mechanisms). That's why you can see yourself as a 9 or a 2.

You said you doubt a lot, overthink... Many 6s can relate to that. I don't know any 9 that is high on neuroticism. They're way more earthy and they go with the flow. They tend to run away from anxiety by doing non important things. They tend to be very oblivious. I don't sense you are oblivious.

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have done a lot more reading I probably should've done in the beginning specifically in some of Ichazo's descriptions and ego type, I think overall 9 describes me like 90% and 6 it's like 60%. I could just be an anxious 9. But when I read about the disintegration states, I know under stress I tend to withdraw and become more procrastinating, 9 disintegrates to 6 which could explain why I relate to it. But it said that 6 disintegrates to 3, and they tend to become workaholics and keep themselves busy to distract from their anxiety which isn't me. (I wish I was a workaholic) If any 6 here could explain what that's like @ashlesha