Thread: Bitter experiences with duals

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Bitter experiences with duals

We all know how it goes.
    The Beta NF stays locked up in their tower writing gothic poetry all day until the Beta ST comes knocking at their door and they ride off on his or her motorcycle into the sunset.
    The Gamma NT lives for the $$$ until a witch-hunting femme fatale Gamma SF teaches them basic interpersonal skills while she reaps the benefits of having a heartless CEO as her partner.

I could go on with the examples because I don't want anyone to feel left out, but this thread isn't about happy endings. It's about the sad ones. Fill this thread with bad, BAD, BAD experiences that you or others have had with your duals. For the sake of not leaving any stone unturned, I also want to extend this to all of the beneficial socion relationships.
    So, did you and your activator fall out recently? You can share that as well.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well bad endings will happen with compatible types because those are the types we often fall for and share our lives with.

I've had breakups with duals. It kindof feels like loosing a part of yourself. It wasnt a long term relationship but still. Just the wrong person, wrong age gap etc.

The first one I met online. She studied biotechnology. Very smart. C-ILE.

The other one I met at a dance. I asked her to dance with me and then we danced together for the rest of the night.
    She studied business. H-ILE.

Both lasted one summer. Good chemistry. Bad breakup. No more details.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 11-21-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was so clueless and shy when the first ILE started talking to me, that I didn't appreciate how much effort he was actually putting in to try to get close to me, and I made it a very one-sided relationship....then he got sick of me and eventually stopped talking to me entirely....Is that a sad ending? lol. I was intimidated by him, and felt so stupid in all the 'important' ways (wanted to be Ne/Ti, myself) around him I couldn't think straight.

My SEI best friend and I had a really good friendship for over a year, but then distance killed it. I'm pretty sure we would still be friends otherwise. I still miss her.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't had any bitter experiences with my dual. Except maybe for that one time when I broke up with my dual, and then I realized how miserable I felt without him in my life, so I got back together with him the next day.

My dual isn't perfect though, he has some flaws. He is a logical type, so he isn't very good at meeting my emotional needs sometimes. I'm an ethical type, I need lots of attention in a relationship, and this is something that he isn't giving me enough of. When I'm feeling down, I'd like to hear some comforting words too, and this isn't his strength either.

But despite his flaws, we still managed to have an amazing connection with each other
    He isn't perfect, but he is perfect for me, we complement each other really well, and I think this is what matters most.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    I was so clueless and shy when the first ILE started talking to me, that I didn't appreciate how much effort he was actually putting in to try to get close to me, and I made it a very one-sided relationship....then he got sick of me and eventually stopped talking to me entirely....Is that a sad ending? lol. I was intimidated by him, and felt so stupid in all the 'important' ways (wanted to be Ne/Ti, myself) around him I couldn't think straight.

My SEI best friend and I had a really good friendship for over a year, but then distance killed it. I'm pretty sure we would still be friends otherwise. I still miss her.
    Like Gulenko puts it: Once ILE starts to analyze then that should draw SEI's attention.
    Once LII starts to do something out of ordinary then that should draw ESE's attention.

This is usually why activation is much seamless process to start with since it does not ask for reflective presence.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Like Gulenko puts it: Once ILE starts to analyze then that should draw SEI's attention.
    Once LII starts to do something out of ordinary then that should draw ESE's attention.

This is usually why activation is much seamless process to start with since it does not ask for reflective presence.
    He did analyze for me, lots That's why I was like "Ohhh, all the Ne and Ti!!! 0v0"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had negative experiences with duals. The worst ones were due to issues unrelated to type. For example, I got along well with one ESE family member...until I converted to Islam. However my grandmother is also ESE and we are still close.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've had more problems with activity (SEE) than with dual (ESI).

The main problem is that they are impulsive, and lack critical thinking. If it's posted on the internet, on social media, it must be true. And we need to get emotional about it, because if someone posted it, why would it be a lie? I see SEEs do this much more often than ESIs, though I have known one ESI (strong subtype) who does this too.

The examples of what I mean:

SEE- girl who I don't know very well posts a meme of a man with a cyborg eye or something and it reads "NESTLE's CEO: water is not a human right." And she believed it. I looked on Wikipedia and the current CEO of NESTLE is some younger guy, not the same one as pictured in the meme. She didn't even factcheck or question where this information came from, she just believed it. Now, NESTLE's CEO may actually have said that. But since she doesn't fact check, that's not the point. He may also have it within a given context, which would give the phrase a different meaning than if the phrase is repeated in a vacuum. I though this was stupid. But since I don't know her well, I don't care much.

SEE- girl from college got really upset on the night of Trump's victory, and made a facebook post about how Trump's father was a KKK member (where is she getting this from?) and all sorts of fake info. I then make a post on facebook about how despite not being happy about Trump winning, I wish America the best etc. She responds to my posts really angrily and while she doesn't attack me personally, we get into heated debate (more heated on her part than mine tbh). The she removes me from facebook and appearantly blocks me (for what?). I'm glad she came out to me as nuts (though this isn't the first time she has such reactions), since it saves me future trouble.

ESI- who I don't know well shares a daily mail article about a black man who got arrested for rape because someone dreamt he commited the crime. I pointed out to her, by citing wikipedia, that the daily mail is not a reliable news source, but she didn't understand what I meant. She thought I meant something along the lines of "don't believe everything you read" when that's not what I meant at all: I meant fact check what you read. She wasn't mean or accusing me of having bad intentions though, but she didn't get it.

My first gf was SEE- and we are still in touch over facebook. This morning, she shared a post with images of this guy who I don't know (which also included images of his license plate) and the post said he was a pedo or some shit...no proof, no evidence, we should just believe. Of course this is disturbing, and the most disturbing one of all the cases I brought up here, since if the guy is innocent, his life is ruined. And if he's guilty, he needs to be convicted through due process. This really dissapointed me, I thought she was smarter than to believe random accusations she finds on social media. I said nothing, because my experience with the ESI above leads me to think she wouldn't understand the concept of critical thinking and the need to have proof before accusing someone.

Note that I don't know any of these women well, even my first gf I am not currently close to and don't know her well, but it hurt me that she would eschew facts and reason. Well, I guess facebook turns your brain to mush is the lesson to draw here. I wish people would learn that social media is not very reliable, in fact there is a huge amount of disinformation on social media. Sad. Barring the second case with the SEE getting upset over Trump, I didn't get into a fight or have a falling out with them either. So maybe this is not related to relationships directly, but it dissapointed me that so many compatible types have such a lack of critical thinking and no concern for facts.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 11-22-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@TheUltimateEmcee that's half my family lol. I used to do a LOT of that - like most of my facebook usage was geared toward trying to trigger conservative family members - until I joined a political debate group and had to figure out how to not make a fool out of myself. And then I found out using substantiated information had zero impact on people's opinions anyway and kind of lost interest altogether. It's still hard to know what's actually true a lot of the time... groups with certain interests can be good at making things look true, and I make mistakes... but I try harder.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    @TheUltimateEmcee that's half my family lol. I used to do a LOT of that - like most of my facebook usage was geared toward trying to trigger conservative family members - until I joined a political debate group and had to figure out how to not make a fool out of myself. And then I found out using substantiated information had zero impact on people's opinions anyway and kind of lost interest altogether. It's still hard to know what's actually true a lot of the time... groups with certain interests can be good at making things look true, and I make mistakes... but I try harder.
    To the bolded - that's the saddest part, I think. People are only swayed by emotion anyways. Make your argument nuanced and well-researched and it will much more likely fall ond eaf ears than if you just resort to shocking people with disinformation.

I also think this happens on both sides of the politcal spectrum, I have spent some time in the "rigthosphere", and it's basically the same thing as people on the left trying to shock conservative family members (as you said you did). It's alot easier to shock people with a meme than with an article that fewer people are going to bother to read and fewer still are going to look up the references to. Images are good at getting a point across, sometimes the point is true and sometimes it is not.

Also, don't worry about not being sure whether information is true alot of the time, hell, I myself don't know what is true alot of the time. If I care enough to fact check from a source I consider relaible, I'll do that, but I don't have the time or energy to check everything, lol. In case of doubt though, it's better to be skeptical.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateEmcee View Post
    I've had more problems with activity (SEE) than with dual (ESI).

The main problem is that they are impulsive, and lack critical thinking. If it's posted on the internet, on social media, it must be true. And we need to get emotional about it, because if someone posted it, why would it be a lie? I see SEEs do this much more often than ESIs, though I have known one ESI (strong subtype) who does this too.

The examples of what I mean:

SEE- girl who I don't know very well posts a meme of a man with a cyborg eye or something and it reads "NESTLE's CEO: water is not a human right." And she believed it. I looked on Wikipedia and the current CEO of NESTLE is some younger guy, not the same one as pictured in the meme. She didn't even factcheck or question where this information came from, she just believed it. Now, NESTLE's CEO may actually have said that. But since she doesn't fact check, that's not the point. He may also have it within a given context, which would give the phrase a different meaning than if the phrase is repeated in a vacuum. I though this was stupid. But since I don't know her well, I don't care much.

SEE- girl from college got really upset on the night of Trump's victory, and made a facebook post about how Trump's father was a KKK member (where is she getting this from?) and all sorts of fake info. I then make a post on facebook about how despite not being happy about Trump winning, I wish America the best etc. She responds to my posts really angrily and while she doesn't attack me personally, we get into heated debate (more heated on her part than mine tbh). The she removes me from facebook and appearantly blocks me (for what?). I'm glad she came out to me as nuts (though this isn't the first time she has such reactions), since it saves me future trouble.

ESI- who I don't know well shares a daily mail article about a black man who got arrested for rape because someone dreamt he commited the crime. I pointed out to her, by citing wikipedia, that the daily mail is not a reliable news source, but she didn't understand what I meant. She thought I meant something along the lines of "don't believe everything you read" when that's not what I meant at all: I meant fact check what you read. She wasn't mean or accusing me of having bad intentions though, but she didn't get it.

My first gf was SEE- and we are still in touch over facebook. This morning, she shared a post with images of this guy who I don't know (which also included images of his license plate) and the post said he was a pedo or some shit...no proof, no evidence, we should just believe. Of course this is disturbing, and the most disturbing one of all the cases I brought up here, since if the guy is innocent, his life is ruined. And if he's guilty, he needs to be convicted through due process. This really dissapointed me, I thought she was smarter than to believe random accusations she finds on social media. I said nothing, because my experience with the ESI above leads me to think she wouldn't understand the concept of critical thinking and the need to have proof before accusing someone.

Note that I don't know any of these women well, even my first gf I am not currently close to and don't know her well, but it hurt me that she would eschew facts and reason. Well, I guess facebook turns your brain to mush is the lesson to draw here. I wish people would learn that social media is not very reliable, in fact there is a huge amount of disinformation on social media. Sad. Barring the second case with the SEE getting upset over Trump, I didn't get into a fight or have a falling out with them either. So maybe this is not related to relationships directly, but it dissapointed me that so many compatible types have such a lack of critical thinking and no concern for facts.
    All information on the internet is true. All of it at the same time.

- A Moderator

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’ve had a lot of IRL experiences with duals, but none of them have been bitter or horrible.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never dated an EIE, but I do believe I had an EIE teacher when I was very young.

Our communication was fluid. I didn't have to ask many questions because I knew what I had to do in that class. She gave me pointers in a way that didn't piss me off, which was impressive because I was arrogant about my skillset, as artists tend to be. I'm sure it sounded strange to outsiders, but she felt that she had a special connection with me and I could sense what she meant. It was platonic. She once had a dream about me, which we discovered because she assumed that I should be working on a project that didn't even exist in reality.

Anyway, one day when I was like 13, I thought I'd try to be a cool guy and say to the class that I smoked weed, even though I didn't. I thought I'd win popularity points or something, but the kids kind of laughed at me and the teacher grew obviously disappointed before never really talking to me again.

So yeah, that was pretty retarded.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had some really painful experiences with duals.

I think one problematic thing is how you pick up on their emotions. So if someone you care about, who happens to be your dual, is in pain, there's some emotional transference. One trivial example is I work w several ILEs and I used to not like going into the office b/c I could feel everyone's anger and frustration. I had trouble working after someone significant to my boss passed away.

I dunno, I think you have to be more careful around them than around most ppl. You can affect them too much, and vice versa. And if there is some romantic connection and it doesn't work out it can feel much worse than usual. Don't be a dick to your dual! Be nice, give your dual a hug (but not sexual harassment), etc.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an 80 year racist dual who also believes that income inequality is a good thing. He was filthy rich but got scammed out of his money in some crazy tax haven country. I don't like talking to him about politics, but I still like him as a person. He does attempt to be nice, even to Black people who (I assume) he doesn't like.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I had a remarkably similar experience with an IEE. Over a group chat she talked about a political opinion, I try to show her facts that disprove her theory since her claims were very substantiated, she reacts angrily and deletes me off facebook immediately. We'd been good friends for maybe five years and I haven't heard from her since (this was about a year and a half ago).

Is this something to do with fi-creative, do you think? Or something else?

(For this post I am an honorary Delta ST to keep on topic )
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    I had a remarkably similar experience with an IEE. Over a group chat she talked about a political opinion, I try to show her facts that disprove her theory since her claims were very substantiated, she reacts angrily and deletes me off facebook immediately. We'd been good friends for maybe five years and I haven't heard from her since (this was about a year and a half ago).

Is this something to do with fi-creative, do you think? Or something else?

(For this post I am an honorary Delta ST to keep on topic )
    I think in my case, it had to do with things being emotionally intense given the political event in question. But the whole deleting from facebook thing...I can't explain that. Maybe polr?

Tbh idk either. Some people are weird.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I think in my case, it had to do with things being emotionally intense given the political event in question. But the whole deleting from facebook thing...I can't explain that. Maybe polr?

Tbh idk either. Some people are weird.
    Yeah mine was a very emotionally charged political situation as well (talking about The Troubles where we each had a family connection on opposing sides). I found it weird and interesting because normally I'm the emotionally reactive one but I was relatively calm this time. Since both our experiences were with Fi-creative / Ti-PoLR I thought maybe it could be type related but perhaps politics can just divide people like that
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience with the type, EII are cute and all, but I have to learn to just sorta accept everything they say. Like, "Oh you think Trump is evil? Well I don't question your judgment." It's not really about the facts to them, and in a strange way, I don't really care. Like if I had to just support them in whatever cause it is they want supporting with, I can usually just go along with it. I don't critically think about things like religion and politics unless I absolutely have to. And even then, a lot of the times, people's sentiments are beyond things like facts and logic. Everyone is entitled to how they feel. I know this...

But still, my dual needs to be able to completely run my life. If they can't then it's hard to deal with them.

Don't misunderstand me, I love the type. They're cute and extremely warm, they care in the right ways and are such good recipients of my ultra protective, maternal caregiving instincts. Once I get past the enneagram 4 ness and their volatile moods (not all EIIs but most I know), they're pretty great.

But I don't need to be with one to be happy. If I have to spend my life being bossed around by my supervisor, or messing around with my semi identical, I would still not be unhappy. The worth of a person is much much more than their socionics type and if you can't see past it, looking for your magical unicorn that will fix all your problems, you are not mature enough to be in a relationship in the first place. The world is full of non dual couples, some happy, some not. That's just how life is.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    But still, my dual needs to be able to completely run my life.
    You changed your self-type to LSE and you depend on others to run your life?
    Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a statement from a -base person.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually did have some negative experiences with duals.
    there was a SLE who kept harassing and insulting me for no particular reason (probably simply to get my attention, but it did cause nothing but intense hatred towards him on my side. there was also a language barrier and i didn't understand 75 % of the things he said)
    and there's also a dual with whom communcation is either super easy and perfect or just so atrociously bad out of nowhere how can that even happen at this point, i'm simply too old and tired for this. i had better experiences with other duals.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    Yeah mine was a very emotionally charged political situation as well (talking about The Troubles where we each had a family connection on opposing sides). I found it weird and interesting because normally I'm the emotionally reactive one but I was relatively calm this time. Since both our experiences were with Fi-creative / Ti-PoLR I thought maybe it could be type related but perhaps politics can just divide people like that
    Politics can divide people, but perhaps different types can react diffrently to this?

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    You changed your self-type to LSE and you depend on others to run your life?
    Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a statement from a -base person.
    No, I don't need people to do things for me. If you've been with EII, you will notice, they kind of need you to follow the same Fi system that they do. It's like they're constantly trying to push you in a certain direction, telling you what you should and shouldn't do, believe, etc. I have adopted certain Fi attitudes from my IEE friend for example. That's what I meant. They're a bit like princesses in that regard. And no, this is not a criticizm of the type.

I don't need someone to literally run my life. I'm a caregiving type after all.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't need people to do things for me...
    I don't need someone to literally run my life. I'm a caregiving type after all.
    Ok, then I misunderstood you statement.

Why do you think you are a caregiving type and changed your type to LSE?
    Honestly I can't see a LSE person as caregiver, more like a personal assistant.

I wonder if a person with 2D and 1D is very focused on the need of other people.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not type that kills a relationship; it's the accompanying baggage. I caught one dual in numerous lies while another was adamant about converting me to her religion and yet another tried to feed me food supplements without my knowledge. Needless to say, the relationships never amounted to anything.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    It's not type that kills a relationship; it's the accompanying baggage. I caught one dual in numerous lies while another was adamant about converting me to her religion and yet another tried to feed me food supplements without my knowledge. Needless to say, the relationships never amounted to anything.

a.k.a. I/O
    Semi-related: someone I know tried to convert me to their religion by stuffing my pillowcase with a shirt they took to a religious meeting without my knowledge or consent, as well as placing an oil cross on my door. I wonder what would happen if I told them that, by their own religion's standards, they were guilty of using sympathetic magick aka sorcery. I'm not sure they would even have understood, but it would have been an interesting conversation. This person was not my dual, I don't think, but if he was, I can do without. What is it with people, eh? Respect for boundaries and differences is very weak today. The person in question was technically a boomer. The silent generation was much better about not thinking they owned everyone and everything around them.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Ok, then I misunderstood you statement.

Why do you think you are a caregiving type and changed your type to LSE?
    Honestly I can't see a LSE person as caregiver, more like a personal assistant.

I wonder if a person with 2D and 1D is very focused on the need of other people.
    Lol why would they not be? I've made several posts about why I'm a caregiver type and I don't want to repeat myself. I'm not really focused on the needs of other people in the sense of "Hey, let's help everyone." I am focused on the needs of my group, whatever that group be.

Why do you think people's needs is related to the feeling functions?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Semi-related: someone I know tried to convert me to their religion by stuffing my pillowcase with a shirt they took to a religious meeting without my knowledge or consent, as well as placing an oil cross on my door. I wonder what would happen if I told them that, by their own religion's standards, they were guilty of using sympathetic magick aka sorcery. I'm not sure they would even have understood, but it would have been an interesting conversation. This person was not my dual, I don't think, but if he was, I can do without. What is it with people, eh? Respect for boundaries and differences is very weak today. The person in question was technically a boomer. The silent generation was much better about not thinking they owned everyone and everything around them.
    Two days ago on my way out of town at an outskirts gas station, two ladies were talking quitely and one tapped on the counter twice to knock on wood. I asked her if she thought that by stating outloud an event it was sure to happen? (Something I see as real although not through the conventional thoughts on the matter aka: creating reality. IMO reality reaches backwards in time)

She said she was superstitious and then the older woman said she was religious, so she is not allowed to think in terms of superstition. I smiled and thanked them both, wondering if she realized the historical metaphysical roots of her Christianity.

This made me think two things.

One, Christianity married rationlism centuries ago and they just dont want to admit to understanding that. All magic has been commendered into the only magic that matters: miracle, revelation, and the resurrection.

Two, what a shame to be cut off from the source spring of so much of what reality can and does offer. Its a kind of spiritual tunnel vision and a disconnect from the true, deeper meanings to their own scriptures and practises ie: incantations in the form of group songs.
    Last edited by waddup; 11-28-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    Two days ago on my way out of town at an outskirts gas station, two ladies were talking quitely and one tapped on the counter twice to knock on wood. I asked her if she thought that by stating outloud an event it was sure to happen? (Something I see as real although not through the conventional thoughts on the matter aka: creating reality. IMO reality reaches backwards in time)

She said she was superstitious and then the older woman said she was religious, so she is not allowed to think in terms of superstition. I smiled and thanked them both, wondering if she realized the historical metaphysical roots of her Christianity.

This made me think two things.

One, Christianity married rationlism centuries ago and they just dont want to admit to understanding that. All magic has been commendered into the only magic that matters: miracle, revelation, and the resurrection.

Two, what a shame to be cut off from the source spring of so much of what reality can and does offer. Its a kind of spiritual tunnel vision and a disconnect from the true, deeper meanings to their own scriptures and practises ie: incantations in the form of group songs.
    You're telling this to someone who looks at Christianity like a dumpster fire.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're telling this to someone who looks at Christianity like a dumpster fire.
    My own thoughts have vacillated and evolved on this over the years. As a young man, maybe 13 ish, living in a government home group home and becoming familiar with a Mennonite, progressive church youth group, I was first shown the power and belonging that comes with membership in the church. As a secular family, my parents allowed us to make out own desision (as if a finalized vision is the end game of the human journey) about God.

The easy acceptance and the chance to play sports and games and the shared experince of communion with a supposed Holy Spirit (chemical cascade brought on by group dynamics) was uplifting in an otherwise lonely and bleak situation.

I can recall the promise and commitment spoken to a Lord in an office room with two leaders holding my hand. The adrenaline rush of saying lord Jesus christ is my savior (from what? I later came to question). And the Christians say spells are not real...

Drifting away from this after a unbeknowst public shaming —>A sermon with a trusted Pastor stating the Canadian Country is going to hell for allowing same sex marraiges amd here I am at 16-17, with all the impressionability of that age, tossed out by the social group and left to boondocks of ostracism. The self protective mechanisms sprung to action and I distanced myself from the psycologically harmful (to me) setting. A shame, as I was popular and well liked.

As a BC Parks worker I was introduced to the concepts of evolutionary biology and coupled with a dramatic first hand revelations triggered by supreme suffering and culminating in a mushroom awakening while visiting the City to see a Jack Johnson concert, I had awoken to the true nature of exsistance and first hand encounter with the emptiness, Void that sits in the center of the jar, I came to know God and also the refution of him, as in the understanding of the biotic uprising in an abiotic environment.

As a amateur naturalist and scientist, I became fascinated with the current model of the Universe. Biology, ecology, natural selection became my world view. I found the works of Dawkins (LII-ILE) seminal Book A Selfish Gene to be illuminating. I couldnt go for a walk in my environment without seeing the profound line of succesion of plant and animal species. I was totally conviced we made God up, a ghost and relic in the machine, something that other, less awake people needed, a kind of ancient therapy. Something other, usually well meaning, people did.

So,I had these two opposing lines of thought: on one hand I had personal Revelation of the Holy nature of Reality and my own vision of the illumination (lol “my” - the awake ones reading this get it) and on the other hand I have the current mainstream model of reality: as in energy- matter, ignition, gravity, meteror bombardment, oceans, amino acid Genesis, natural history until now, Empire, religion, control, narrative, psycological meat machine, family dynamic, genetic determinism, social karma, Samasara. In short: encased in thought.

I’m 12 years past this now. I can see the transpersonal forces at work moving my organism and these days walking around with ‘I dont know mind’ a kind of limboic grasping that leaves the instant opposite to every belief which makes me question not the beliefs themselves perse, but the one doing it.

Both camps have left me feeling lacking and as I have observed on social media and youtube, I am not alone, which makes me question if my thoughts on the matter are even my own and not the resulting connection the the collective hive mind.

Its all a dumpster fire which has pushed my away from society and one of the reasons I prefer life in the Bush. Nature is the medicine.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    I know an 80 year racist dual who also believes that income inequality is a good thing. He was filthy rich but got scammed out of his money in some crazy tax haven country. I don't like talking to him about politics, but I still like him as a person. He does attempt to be nice, even to Black people who (I assume) he doesn't like.
    Kudos to those scammers eh?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to those scammers eh?
    Unless they were also racist.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol why would they not be?
    Ok, my focus was on the description of Enneagram type 2 and the description is very baised to the extraverted feeling function.
    The correlation between E-2 and -base is statistical unlikely.
    E-2 is a heart type in Enneagram.
    There is some more info about the Correlatiob between Socionics type and Enneagram type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...m-Correlations

I've made several posts about why I'm a caregiver type and I don't want to repeat myself. I'm not really focused on the needs of other people in the sense of "Hey, let's help everyone." I am focused on the needs of my group, whatever that group be.
    -style cargiving is what I find in hospitals, I guess. It's a very factual, scheduled and result driven style to care for other people.
    Taking this to the extremes is portrayed in the movie "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" in form of the charakter of the nurse Mildred Ratched.

Why do you think people's needs is related to the feeling functions?
    People needs are related both to feeling and thinking functions, but the approach is different.
    The difference is inclusion of the emotional state and exclusion of the emotional state of people.