Thread: Attack On Titan

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great anime, liked the manga better.

Think your typings make sense (but this is without any reflection on my side, i don't tend to type while watching anime).

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Annie Leonhart - SLI. Isolated, cold and calm demeanor, mostly keeps to herself, and has little desire to do activities that she sees as meaningless. She chose to join the military police as she said she would rather live a comfortable life. Definitely an introverted sensor, and logical over ethical. Delta > beta. "

WEll.... her true reasons might be different from those stated. How far are you into the show?

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eren - ESI 8w7
    Mikasa - SLI 9w8
    Armin - EII 6w5
    Annie - LSI 8w9
    Ymir - SLE ???
    Christa - IEI 2w1
    Jean - LSE 6w7
    Marco - IEE ???
    Berthold - IEI ???
    Reiner - LSI ???
    Levi - SLI 1w2
    Erwin - ILI 5w4 or 3w4
    Hange - ILE 7w6

I could also see Erwin as LIE, and I think Iseyama, the creator, is probably IEI.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eren - SEE
    Mikasa - SLI
    Armin - EII

I'll get to the rest once I finish the manga. I could see Eren as ESI or SEE - the reason I'd probably go with SEE for now is his impulsive nature, even if his general motives seem more ESI. Strikes me as more irrational than rational. As for Mikasa - mistaking ESI and SLI fictional female characters for one another seems common, but striving for perfection ("the best") in a particular craft seems more SLI than ESI to me + Fi Ha all up and down dat grill.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

rather betish anime, but is funny
    2nd season is terrible

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Characters don't have very clear personalities (weak point of the show), but anyway...

Eren unsure. Could be ESI
    Mikasa SLI-Si - 8w9
    Armin EII-Ne
    Levi ILI-Ni 6w5
    Reiner LSE
    Berthold SEI maybe
    Annie SLE-Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    2nd season is terrible
    2nd season was IMHO much better than the first season. Kept me glued on the screen until I binge-watched the entire run.
    Last edited by lavos; 10-20-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    2nd season was IMHO much better than the first season. Kept me glued on the screen until I binge-watched the entire run.
    I almost slept on 2nd.
    I hope the next season of "Koutetsujou no Kabaneri" will not have such problem.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Eren - ESI-SEE hybrid (I SWEAR TO GOD)
    Mikasa - SLI
    Armin - EII
    Annie - LSI
    Sasha - IEE (lol)
    Levi - ILI
    Reiner - LxE
    Petra - EII (?)
    Hange - ILE
    Dot Pixis - LIE

I doubt Levi is SLI. He's not positivist, but I think this manganime does a good job of showing the silent power of Fi HA (Levi, Mikasa). I like Sasha's interactions with Mikasa. Mikasa is so cold-blooded (on the surface) but when you put them in a room together, Sasha triggers the fuck outta Mikasa. It's good-natured but it's the closest we get to seeing Mikasa partake in an interaction that isn't stiff or intense. I think Armin does EII justice, too. that scene where he's all diplomatic on Eren's behalf after he's exposed as a Titan blows my mind. Eren and Mikasa's undying faith in Armin is another strong point.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The finale season is now animated by MAPPA instead of WIT Studio because WIT studio only has about 35 members and can't handle the budget constraints for the large amount of large-scale battle scenes in the finale season. But in spite of WIT's size the quality they did on animating the previous seasons is insane and really commendable. and despite the CG the 2D animation is still gorgeous and it's really nice to see all the characters grown up and mature now. They did an great job blending the two mediums. Also all the foreshadowing from the very first season is paying off beautifully and this is a overall a really great story narratively. One of the best in terms of cohesiveness.

Eren - ESI
    Mikasa - SLI
    Armin - LII
    Annie - SLI
    Ymir - SLE
    Christa - IEI
    Jean - LSE
    Berthold - EII
    Reiner - LSE
    Levi - xLI
    Erwin - Beta bitch
    Hange - ILE
    Sasha- IEE

Some things to note: Hange is a really nice example of a rare female/enby ILE character, she is really adorable and a total kickass psychopathic king. This story is really pushing hardcore frenetic Beta war aesthetics and despite Eren seeming like a jackass in this finale season (manga spoilers) his character arc is actually really well written and underlying things like loyalty to his friends and taking things to their extremes are what really make him a compelling person to analyze and re-read. Also (manga spoilers) the finale chapters of the Rumbling will definitely be a challenge to animate. You'll need Ufotable meme budget in order to pull it off. A full scale CG battle is probably in the works. It's gonna be epic and I'm genuinely excited Hype train haha.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 02-01-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the first two seasons. Very much a delta series.

Eren: LSE-Si. Could see SEE-Se too, definitely 4D Se + 1D Ni and Fi valuer
    Mikasa: SLI-Te
    Armin: EII-Ne
    Annie: SLI-Te
    Levi: ILI-Te
    Hannes: SEI-Si
    Connie: SEE-Se
    Jean: LSE
    Hange: ILE
    Historia: IEE-Fi
    Ymir: some ST
    Dot Pixis: LIE-Te
    Rainer: LSI
    Bertold: EIE-Ni
    Erwin: ?
    As always in action packed series, no IEE-Ne I could see Grisha Yeager being one, but he's not an important character.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eren: maybe ESI?
    Mikasa: LSI.
    Armin: LII.
    Levi: LSI.
    Annie: SLE.
    Reiner: SLE.
    Hange: ILE.
    Historia: IEI.
    Ymir: SLE.
    Jean: SEE.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eren - SEE - N
    Mikasa - SLI - C
    Armin - LII - C
    Annie - LSI - C
    Ymir - SLE - N
    Christa - IEI - D
    Jean - LSE - D
    Berthold - EII - H
    Reiner - LSE - C
    Levi - LSI - N
    Erwin - EIE - D
    Hange - ILE - C
    Sasha- SEI - C

Imo Erwin is clear EIE, proper leader. Even I'd follow him into a suicide mission. Think about it, he leads an army of people who know they will probably die the next day. That requires a lot of Fe, he is just a proper man, not some histrionic weirdo.

EDIT:

Dominant Subtype - EIE-D
    Mentor — Leader
    Prototypes: Public figures, radical clerics, tactical commanders,
    charismatic leaders
    This subtype is emotional and eloquent. He is a good speaker who can
    speak with enthusiasm, expressing various shades of emotions from the
    sublime to intonations of irony and sarcasm. He knows how to captivate
    people with his ideas and leadership. He uses mass-audience suggestion
    techniques such as persistent repetition of slogans or repackaging the
    message in various ways. He can rally people against his opponents. He is
    skilled at psychological influencing techniques and is capable of seeking
    justice for victims and defending ideals such as law and order, as well as
    driving ideology, creating, destroying, or interpreting symbols, explaining
    perceptions of ideas.
    Last edited by SGF; 02-23-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eren: EIE
    Mikasa: LSI
    Armin: ILI
    Annie: ESI
    Sasha: ESE
    Historia: IEI
    Ymir: SLE
    Erwin: LIE
    Levi: SLI
    Hange: ILE

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why Levi as SLI instead of LSI?

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    can't be as SLI are Se ignoring: SLIs are not usually extensively focused on power politics or hierarchies, exercising control over others, or outwardly flaunting their status or strength. They usually regard such matters with utter disinterest, and may feel bothered by environments where such expressions of power are the norm. SLIs tend to be very placid and demonstrate their aggression on infrequent basis. Usually this aggression is not spontaneous or pent-up, but rather a response to something or someone in their environment that is violating their expectations or causing damage to the immediate environment, such as a malfunctioning piece of equipment or a person who is carelessly interfering with existing resources. Mostly, however, SLIs are fairly laid-back and accepting of events around them. SLIs may feel a need to control their living environment with a fair amount of autonomy, but rarely are inclined to exert control over others with whom they interact.

Levi frequently commands people, beats the shit out of and tortures people for information or other necessities: such as when he beats the crap out of Eren to make a point, tortures the interior military police guy or mutilates Zeke and straps a bomb to his guts. He also forces his subordinates to clean, frequently pulls rank & threatens people with violence or goes berserk.

it is also unlikely that Eren himself is EIE due to how much Se he has and his motives are very Fi. He'd kill the entire planet to have freedom, this being the most stable part of him as a character from the start, its also what he ends up doing. Most likely he is a more interesting take and evolution on the stereotypical shounen protagonist or in this case morphs into a villain, which is always SEE:

Last edited by SGF; 02-25-2021 at 04:52 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default disposition too relaxed for LSI. Isn't mobilized unless he has to be, adaptively avoids unnecessary expenditure of energy. Contrast to Mikasa (LSI) who's almost always in a state of tense readiness.

Result > Process reasoning style… LSI in particular is incredibly deductive—whereas Levi: "I don’t know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that… No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it’s right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice."

Supervision intertype w/ Erwin (LIE). Levi respects Erwin's command, but frequently criticizes him nevertheless as a strategic gambler who acts on speculation over fact and exposes the Survey Corps to unnecessary risk.

Conflict intertype w/ Eren (EIE). While Levi is mindful of Eren's tactical utility, he remains apprehensive of Eren's person with little apparent mutual affinity between them throughout.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    can't be as SLI are Se ignoring: SLIs are not usually extensively focused on power politics or hierarchies, exercising control over others, or outwardly flaunting their status or strength. They usually regard such matters with utter disinterest, and may feel bothered by environments where such expressions of power are the norm.
    Yeah but you just described Levi. He doesnt actually try to reach a position of power.

Not sure about Eren right now, I havent read the manga. Season 1 to 3 i could see him as SEE, season 4 not so much.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but you just described Levi. He doesnt actually try to reach a position of power.

Not sure about Eren right now, I havent read the manga. Season 1 to 3 i could see him as SEE, season 4 not so much.
    hmm dunno I don't care much about that either and I'm LSI. EDIT: I care mainly about meaning, ie, the "why" I'm doing what I'm doing. Wealth and power are mere means to that end.

In LSI Se is subordinate to Ti and manifests like this:

5. Demonstrative Function +F — Force Sensation
    LSI is a sober realist, she sets only feasible goals for herself. That’s why in
    most cases, she achieves them, even if not immediately. If explanations
    and warnings do not help her to convince those around her, she includes
    pressing and other power methods of control. She knows how to squeeze
    the enemy, driving them into a corner. She is stoic and knows how to keep
    herself under control. She survives any adversity. She makes herself do
    that which is not interesting but necessary, and she helps those who are
    weak and defenseless. She cares about the old and sick. She is an invisible
    fighter for justice.. (KEK social justice warrior lmao.. >hangs himself in shame)
    Last edited by SGF; 02-25-2021 at 02:38 PM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    Default disposition too relaxed for LSI. Isn't mobilized unless he has to be, adaptively avoids unnecessary expenditure of energy. Contrast to Mikasa (LSI) who's almost always in a state of tense readiness.

Result > Process reasoning style… LSI in particular is incredibly deductive—whereas Levi: "I don’t know which option you should choose. I could never advise you on that… No matter what kind of wisdom dictates you the option you pick, no one will be able to tell if it’s right or wrong until you arrive to some sort of outcome from your choice."
    true. Imo Mikasa is also type 6 in contrast to Levi who is idk.. an 8? She could be ESI tho.

I don't get people who like to relax tbh. Isn't that boring? How can one just sit and enjoy the sun or something? Weirdos.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    true. Imo Mikasa is also type 6 in contrast to Levi who is idk.. an 8? She could be ESI tho.
    Mikasa could also be a 1… not sure.

8 might work for Levi, but it doesn't jump out at me.

Annie is the ESI (and possible 6). She both looks and sounds ESI, dunno why this isn't more obvious to people:

I don't get people who like to relax tbh. Isn't that boring? How can one just sit and enjoy the sun or something? Weirdos.
    I… really have no idea either. Never have lol.