Thread: David Crowley

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default David Crowley

I'm in the middle of watching a documentary about this guy who was making a movie about a police state meant to make people think about the US and how he and his family were murdered and there's questions about whether it was a domestic murder suicide or a government plot or whatever.

Anyway he seems really sympathetic to me (ya know keeping in mind the whole potential family killer thing) and I thought I'd throw him past the peanut gallery. In the movie so far he's described by his friends as someone who easily motivates people to get on board with his ideas and is kind of intense in terms of deciding to something and giving it his all and doing it. He went into the military without ever really deciding to cuz him and his friends would play army and be really into it and it was just obvious that enlisting was the natural next step. My thoughts are in the realm of decisive extx > judicious extx.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

He definitely did it. Sad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENTP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought his wife seemed SEI but the only basis I have for that is superficial stuff about food & cake decorating and directing people to the movie to pick up nonverbals. She seemed cool too. Both really whipsmart and driven. A really tragic story. But if I was close to her I'd be really pissed about the people valorizing him and turning it into a conspiracy theory.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

apparently nobody cares but @Sol but I'm kinda leaning SLE after sitting on it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought he was SLE immediately.

But I don't know who this guy is or why he is interesting.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I thought he was SLE immediately.

But I don't know who this guy is or why he is interesting.
    you type lots of people you don't know in various threads. dunno why you're being passive aggressive.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems SLE and his wife ESI. He should release his movie much earlier regardless it wasn't perfect, nobody would notice. Also he could make it shorter and not 2h 45m. In creative industries releasing early is something very important because of many reasons.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with ExTx, logics are clear. Maybe more intuition with the concepts of realities/ideas? (Could be way off)

SX-last I'm thinking.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Agree with ExTx, logics are clear. Maybe more intuition with the concepts of realities/ideas? (Could be way off)

SX-last I'm thinking.
    Im glad I'm not the only one struggling with the intuition thing. A lot of it for me was seeing him in the movie with his wall of sticky notes connecting concepts together and talking off the cuff about incorporating archetypal narratives or whatever. But he goes a little into that sort of thing about 6 minutes into the video I posted (thanks for watching)!

What made me favor SLE was little more than a hunch based on body language, along with his intense drive and military background fitting it a little better.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about LSI? Seems like he had problems finalizing this project, bringing it to a conclusion, likely held back by some perfectionistic tendency. I see it as maybe LSI-Ti. Any comments? I could be way off lol so it's good to read what other people have written above.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This project was lagging because it was over-ambitious. He made overly complex story which turned up too long in the making and very expensive. I think if he would simplify it to 20% it would still pass the message. In worst case scenario if supporters did quit he should release it as it is. Make come creative cut.
    Anyway, I've seen the rough cut and it was total disaster, for example, some rock music in the background when showing some industrial camera footage. One can't see or hear anything. This rough cut didn't contain any fragments they have shot, only interviews and news footage.
    Another thing is that it was his first film. For the first time he should keep it low budget and don't try ambitious things.
    He was maybe good at bringing people together and running it but had no smallest idea of creative industries, economy, investors. He should really make it more lean.

Also he was quite stupid to kill his wife and child. They would of course live happily.
    Last edited by falsehope; 03-01-2018 at 12:21 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)