Thread: I HATE my duals!!!

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I HATE my duals!!!

I am fed up with the duals in my life. I'm beginning to wonder whether duality is all it's cracked up to be because my ESFps seem to cause more headaches than they are worth. I have a dual parent, a dual friend, and a dual love interest and they are all looking like lost causes to me. I have had to deploy a ridiculous amount of forgiveness to tolerate them. No matter how much true love I display, it is never returned.

My ESFp parent:
    -Abused me physically for the smallest things growing up
    -Could not tell when being manipulated by others and allowed those manipulations to lead to the abuse of others, especially me
    -I never truly felt loved by this parent unless something was up. I was supported financially, but it is routinely thrown in my face
    -Married to a mirage, miserable, perpetual cheater, and appears selfless to others but those closer to the circle witness the truth selfishness of their actions
    -Cares a lot about appearances, but underneath it all is an awful rolemodel
    -Never reaches out to me first but complains to others that I don't try hard enough to mend our relationship (because as the child that's obviously my job)

My ESFp friend:
    -Great for partying or adventures, but has mood swings and becomes very emotionally manipulative
    ex: If I'm dating a guy and I'm happy but she isn't, she will try to manipulate my thoughts about the guy
    -Doesn't listen to sound advice, but when shit hits the fan, expects me to suffer with her
    -Nowhere to be found when I'm depressed or have mood swings of my own
    -Allows other friends of questionable morale to come between us
    -Uses everyone, has 0 interest in someone who doesn't apparently have something she can use (money or fame)
    -Won't tell anyone how she feels but expects them to "know", (My Fe polr won't tolerate this at all)
    -Randomly chooses to ignore me, abandon me, and give me the cold shoulder and is appalled when I don't run back to her
    -Will reject people's help if she didn't lie, swindle, or seduce them to get her way
    -Will be jealous of people who work for what they have, unlike her
    -Admittedly hates seeing people happy if she is not
    -The entire friendship gives me the feeling that she wishes I were a lesbian and in love with her, that way she could seduce me and take advantage of me
    -Will pretend she has no money so I'll pay for her
    -When I buy her food or something she needs, she never shows appreciation. She might say thank you once, but quickly makes a habit of becoming entitled to the good treatment. Continues to complain that no one cares about her.
    -I never know where I stand with her and am constantly walking on eggshells to keep her happy
    -Gives the impression that she could care less about our friendship even though it's obvious I am quite literally the only genuine friend she has.
    -Will run off when I try to stand up against her mistreatment then shit-talk me and tell a twisted version of what happened to whoever is willing to listen, one time she painted me as an awful person on social media.

We are currently on an OFF stage and I've decided to let her go. She is in bad financial shape and deeply in need of someone and I've decided to leave her to the wolves. Why should I, the better friend (not to mention, the Victim), have to chase her?

My ESFp love (interest?): I'll start this off by saying it has been extremely hard to find a straight, male ESFp. I'm starting to wonder if they even exist...
    -No solid career, no stable income and no concrete plan to have either
    -Easily spends what money he does have on useless things
    -Easily swindled into get rich quick schemes
    -No desire to "be a man" and work or take care of a woman
    -I once told him I was in a bad situation, he showed no concern ("Gotta go, you're being too negative")
    -Is taken care of by and living with his mother
    -Hypersexual Tinder addict whose admittedly slept with close to 200 girls
    -Keeps mentioning transwomen and gay men, being "mistaken" for gay, to the point of suspicion
    -Hard for me to tell when his compliments or anything he says is sincere, because...
    -He is constantly lying about even the smallest things, just for me to catch him in his lies because he never remembers them once they leave his mouth
    -Is also attracted to people with money and fame, leading me to wonder if I will be used for these things or left for someone with more of it
    -Tells me he likes me, has fun with me, but never texts me first or makes plans with me

With my duals, it's like I'm constantly trying to force them to see the value in me and in our pairing, no matter how much they are benefitting from it.
    The things they value are things I have but refuse to be used for like money. I instead would like to help them make money using their talents and dissuade them from making bad decisions or hanging around the wrong crowd. I do all this expecting nothing in return. And yet, they tend to hurt me more than any other type I have relationships with. And though we have good times together, I end up feeling like I get nothing out of the pairing. They have proven themselves to be selfish, self-serving, and willing to do anything with anyone to meet their needs.
    They don't seem to stand on any moral principles, can't tell which friends or love interests are worth their time and effort, and are constantly using me as an emotional punching bag (or a literal one) if not just stringing me along. It has caused more damage to my trust and self esteem than growth in my opinion. I almost wish I was a different type so I wouldn't have such an awful dual type. No matter how much help you give them, they are a bottomless pit and will have you feeling like you put time and effort in for nothing. Then they happily move on to someone who treats them worse but is more loved and appreciated by them than you were.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dual is not worth it if they're a terrible person. These seem like terrible people. Why do you even stick around?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not feeling very coherent right now to say much more, but I think your issues with these people run deeper than just ESFps being like that -- because not all are, and I'm not saying that just because I'm ESFp (you don't know me, so my word is useless) but because there are a lot more people with this type than your sample size of three.

Duality is rewarding if you are self aware enough to recognize constructive feedback vs malicious/unnecessary feedback. It won't work if someone feels like they're being poked on their sore spots with a stick, and it doesn't seem like these people are anywhere near that level of self awareness.

Don't waste your time on them if you can help it, because it seems like you've already tried much harder to help them than what they deserve. It's obviously hurting you. And as for SEE-ILI duality, I think it's very hard to match up properly, but when it does happen (and both parties are mature enough to appreciate it) it can be very rewarding. I don't have much personal experience with it, but conversations with ILIs are very enlightening for me, and they seem to enjoy talking to me as well because I pay a lot of attention.

I'm sorry you're surrounded by people like this. I hope you find someone who appreciates you a lot more.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    These seem like terrible people. Why do you even stick around?
    God HATES him/her!!!

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh if you are stupid enough to give “true love” to people and stick around long enough to then accumulate a textwall of complaints about them, then you deserve it. Don’t expect good relationships and experiences to just come to you if you live your life like a gloomy sitting duck.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Tbh if you are stupid enough to give “true love” to people and stick around long enough to then accumulate a textwall of complaints about them, then you deserve it. Don’t expect good relationships and experiences to just come to you if you live your life like a gloomy sitting duck.
    It's not stupidity. It's temperament. All dynamic types see negative things as periods to get over. It gives us properties like loyalty in difficult spots.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Calm my ILI friend has married her third SEe husband after the first two died. There’s love and hope for you. You just haven’t found the right dual. Duality is natural. I have amazing ESFP cousins. The SEE want my ILI mom and want her to live with them. Seriously though I have a ton on SEE family and friends all so generous. I think you are dating in the wrong avenues or society
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There was a period of time that I too hated LSE so I can feel you but I also learned that I was dating the wrong people and the good ones were right next to me all along. I hope this gives you hope
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mistyping. inc. mb your type

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kinda agree with Maritsa here, you might be stuck in a bad pool of human beings in general. For example, my brother has a ton of crazy redneck relatives, and no matter what type they were, you wouldn't want to be around them because they are always starting drama and (from what I hear) chopping family up into little pieces. See if all of these candidates are all in your version of the redneck pool and try to sample SEEs from outside of it if so.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I kinda agree with Maritsa here, you might be stuck in a bad pool of human beings in general. For example, my brother has a ton of crazy redneck relatives, and no matter what type they were, you wouldn't want to be around them because they are always starting drama and (from what I hear) chopping family up into little pieces. See if all of these candidates are all in your version of the redneck pool and try to sample SEEs from outside of it if so.
    Thanks ouronis

-

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    It's not stupidity. It's temperament. All dynamic types see negative things as periods to get over. It gives us properties like loyalty in difficult spots.
    No lol it’s just being naive about people. Stupidity can be a negative period to get over though so it could be worse.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    I am fed up with the duals in my life. I'm beginning to wonder whether duality is all it's cracked up to be because my ESFps seem to cause more headaches than they are worth. I have a dual parent, a dual friend, and a dual love interest and they are all looking like lost causes to me. I have had to deploy a ridiculous amount of forgiveness to tolerate them. No matter how much true love I display, it is never returned.

My ESFp parent:
    -Abused me physically for the smallest things growing up
    -Could not tell when being manipulated by others and allowed those manipulations to lead to the abuse of others, especially me
    -I never truly felt loved by this parent unless something was up. I was supported financially, but it is routinely thrown in my face
    -Married to a mirage, miserable, perpetual cheater, and appears selfless to others but those closer to the circle witness the truth selfishness of their actions
    -Cares a lot about appearances, but underneath it all is an awful rolemodel
    -Never reaches out to me first but complains to others that I don't try hard enough to mend our relationship (because as the child that's obviously my job)

My ESFp friend:
    -Great for partying or adventures, but has mood swings and becomes very emotionally manipulative
    ex: If I'm dating a guy and I'm happy but she isn't, she will try to manipulate my thoughts about the guy
    -Doesn't listen to sound advice, but when shit hits the fan, expects me to suffer with her
    -Nowhere to be found when I'm depressed or have mood swings of my own
    -Allows other friends of questionable morale to come between us
    -Uses everyone, has 0 interest in someone who doesn't apparently have something she can use (money or fame)
    -Won't tell anyone how she feels but expects them to "know", (My Fe polr won't tolerate this at all)
    -Randomly chooses to ignore me, abandon me, and give me the cold shoulder and is appalled when I don't run back to her
    -Will reject people's help if she didn't lie, swindle, or seduce them to get her way
    -Will be jealous of people who work for what they have, unlike her
    -Admittedly hates seeing people happy if she is not
    -The entire friendship gives me the feeling that she wishes I were a lesbian and in love with her, that way she could seduce me and take advantage of me
    -Will pretend she has no money so I'll pay for her
    -When I buy her food or something she needs, she never shows appreciation. She might say thank you once, but quickly makes a habit of becoming entitled to the good treatment. Continues to complain that no one cares about her.
    -I never know where I stand with her and am constantly walking on eggshells to keep her happy
    -Gives the impression that she could care less about our friendship even though it's obvious I am quite literally the only genuine friend she has.
    -Will run off when I try to stand up against her mistreatment then shit-talk me and tell a twisted version of what happened to whoever is willing to listen, one time she painted me as an awful person on social media.

We are currently on an OFF stage and I've decided to let her go. She is in bad financial shape and deeply in need of someone and I've decided to leave her to the wolves. Why should I, the better friend (not to mention, the Victim), have to chase her?

My ESFp love (interest?): I'll start this off by saying it has been extremely hard to find a straight, male ESFp. I'm starting to wonder if they even exist...
    -No solid career, no stable income and no concrete plan to have either
    -Easily spends what money he does have on useless things
    -Easily swindled into get rich quick schemes
    -No desire to "be a man" and work or take care of a woman
    -I once told him I was in a bad situation, he showed no concern ("Gotta go, you're being too negative")
    -Is taken care of by and living with his mother
    -Hypersexual Tinder addict whose admittedly slept with close to 200 girls
    -Keeps mentioning transwomen and gay men, being "mistaken" for gay, to the point of suspicion
    -Hard for me to tell when his compliments or anything he says is sincere, because...
    -He is constantly lying about even the smallest things, just for me to catch him in his lies because he never remembers them once they leave his mouth
    -Is also attracted to people with money and fame, leading me to wonder if I will be used for these things or left for someone with more of it
    -Tells me he likes me, has fun with me, but never texts me first or makes plans with me

With my duals, it's like I'm constantly trying to force them to see the value in me and in our pairing, no matter how much they are benefitting from it.
    The things they value are things I have but refuse to be used for like money. I instead would like to help them make money using their talents and dissuade them from making bad decisions or hanging around the wrong crowd. I do all this expecting nothing in return. And yet, they tend to hurt me more than any other type I have relationships with. And though we have good times together, I end up feeling like I get nothing out of the pairing. They have proven themselves to be selfish, self-serving, and willing to do anything with anyone to meet their needs.
    They don't seem to stand on any moral principles, can't tell which friends or love interests are worth their time and effort, and are constantly using me as an emotional punching bag (or a literal one) if not just stringing me along. It has caused more damage to my trust and self esteem than growth in my opinion. I almost wish I was a different type so I wouldn't have such an awful dual type. No matter how much help you give them, they are a bottomless pit and will have you feeling like you put time and effort in for nothing. Then they happily move on to someone who treats them worse but is more loved and appreciated by them than you were.
    That's your fault for wanting a man to take care of you, stop being useless first.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No lol it’s just being naive about people. Stupidity can be a negative period to get over though so it could be worse.
    Usually there needs to be positives to balance the large number of negatives to make one want to stay in a relationship even with the negatives. But only an idiot doesn't notice negatives in a partner as time goes by. And because people are people, that list will get longer.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually there needs to be positives to balance the large number of negatives to make one want to stay in a relationship even with the negatives. But only an idiot doesn't notice negatives in a partner as time goes by. And because people are people, that list will get longer.
    Sometimes her lipocytes outweigh her personality.. SAD!

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. I don’t really think it can be justified by typology lol.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not the observation of negatives that is type related, it's how one reacts to them. Either one tries to deal with every single thing by blowing everything up (static-negative-results) behaviour. Or one keeps chipping at the problem piece by piece (Dynamic-negative-process).

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not the observation of negatives that is type related, it's how one reacts to them. Either one tries to deal with every single thing by blowing everything up (static-negative-results) behaviour. Or one keeps chipping at the problem piece by piece (Dynamic-negative-process).
    Yeah at some point (with the exception of parents—and even then too with them in an emotional sense), it’s time to pack your bags and go. I’m talking about the action of actively giving love as OP put it and staying present in the relationship after MULTIPLE things that should be deal-breakers for regular people have happened. The fact that he/she also seems to conclude that ALL SEEs are this way too is another point to faulty thinking/decision making of the individual. I would imagine that EIEs and SEIs would be wiser with people than this too, so if you’re insistent on pinning typology to it then I’d say it’d only be exacerbated to this state with being a logical type too on top of it. Of course, this person isn’t making very good logical conclusions so it’s hard to know for sure what type they are.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah at some point (with the exception of parents—and even then too with them in an emotional sense), it’s time to pack your bags and go. I’m talking about the action of actively giving love as OP put it and staying present in the relationship. The fact that he/she also seems to conclude that ALL SEEs are this way too is another point to faulty thinking/decision making of the individual. I would imagine that EIEs and SEIs would be wiser with people than this too, so if you’re insistent on pinning typology to it then I’d say it’d only be exacerbated to this state with being a logical type too on top of it. Of course, this person isn’t making very good logical conclusions so it’s hard to know for sure what type they are.
    Well put.

For INTps it's particularly difficult to leave a difficult situation. With the Ni function they're basically just waiting for things to pass and if they remain in the clutches of the circumstances... the abuse will just continue. They would require some measure of Si to be able to leave on their own.

Now I'd love to hear the other side of this situation because what INTp interprets as abusive is likely not the intent of the ESFp.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Duals become inseparable. It’ would be easier to split an atom
    -

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    That's your fault for wanting a man to take care of you, stop being useless first.
    If that’s all you took from that whole paragraph you’re probably a SEE and failed to read because you like totally got bored.

ETA: just checked, even worse you’re an IEE. A childlike man who can’t even take care of himself. Dated one and he wanted ME to take care of HIM. So of course you feel that way. Utterly useless, you guys are.Stop projecting!

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    If that’s all you took from that whole paragraph you’re probably a SEE and failed to read because you like totally got bored.

ETA: just checked, even worse you’re an IEE. A childlike man who can’t even take care of himself. Dated one and he wanted ME to take care of HIM. So of course you feel that way. Utterly useless, you guys are.Stop projecting!
    calm is... not very calm
    we’ve been duped bois >:0

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey Calm, I just want to tell you that you are not doing anything wrong when loving ppl and that I feel you. What you are describing reminds me of me some years ago and I think its related with Fi (ethics of relations) HA.

Ppl tend to think that relationships are easy and a fairytale and that's a lie. Love has been vanalized and ridiculously idealized in most of the modern societies.

Duality it's actually the attraction of almost opposites (more like a chemical reaction in any case) and I think there are certain conditions for duality to actually work.

One is having common values as common ground. In my case it has been Christianity. I don't know if you are christian, but to me and my dual, christianity provide common values for the relationship, so it is not anymore about what I (or he) want (s) or think(s) is right but what's good or right according the Bible and how things should be. As far as I've seen, other successfully dualized delta couples in the forum are christians or have a religion (like Applejacks, Maritsa or Eliza Thomason). I don't know if its something of Deltas or Fi quadras or if it actually works in the same way for other quadras. But I've seen even conflicting couples working through having common christian values (EIE and SLI).Though, I've also experienced from first hand that if there's bad christianity (ppl who profess christianity but don't live according its values) then relationships (of any kind) still failing.

Anyway, I think there are differences from Fe quadra and Fi quadra love style. Jung said, Fe love was based in objective or actual qualities, while Fi love is actually based in the individual (the one who loves). When Jesus spoke about loving your enemy and keep loving those who were mean or when God the father in the O.T. said he did good because of who he was and because he was loyal and not because of any quality humankind or Israel could have, was actually talking about this Fi love. What I'm trying to say is that your love is genuine and is based in who and what you are, not in the other person and that's actually a pure christian way to love. Don't feel like you are doing anything wrong even if the world tells you that you are a dick for loving despicable ppl. You are doing ok. The world is evil. Don't stop loving, though, you must look for a common ground in values to keep a successful relationship. In the Bible it says that "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? (2 Cor. 6:14) . The reason is to avoid unnecessary pain and frustration. If you are a christian you shouldn't try to have a relationship with a non believer and if you are not, you should know that love for this current world is tainted (as the worldly singers say). If you want you can pm me.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Hey Calm, I just want to tell you that you are not doing anything wrong when loving ppl and that I feel you. What you are describing reminds me of me some years ago and I think its related with Fi (ethics of relations) HA.

Ppl tend to think that relationships are easy and a fairytale and that's a lie. Love has been vanalized and ridiculously idealized in most of the modern societies.

Duality it's actually the attraction of almost opposites (more like a chemical reaction in any case) and I think there are certain conditions for duality to actually work.

One is having common values as common ground. In my case it has been Christianity. I don't know if you are christian, but to me and my dual, christianity provide common values for the relationship, so it is not anymore about what I (or he) want (s) or think(s) is right but what's good or right according the Bible and how things should be. As far as I've seen, other successfully dualized delta couples in the forum are christians or have a religion (like Applejacks, Maritsa or Eliza Thompson). I don't know if its something of Deltas or Fi quadras or if it actually works in the same way for other quadras. But I've seen even conflicting couples working through having common christian values (EIE and SLI).Though, I've also experienced from first hand that if there's bad christianity (ppl who profess christianity but don't live according its values) then relationships (of any kind) still failing.

Anyway, I think there are differences from Fe quadra and Fi quadra love style. Jung said, Fe love was based in objective or actual qualities, while Fi love is actually based in the individual (the one who loves). When Jesus spoke about loving your enemy and keep loving those who were mean or when God the father in the O.T. said he did good because of who he was and because he was loyal and not because of any quality humankind or Israel could have, was actually talking about this Fi love. What I'm trying to say is that your love is genuine and is based in who and what you are, not in the other person and that's actually a pure christian way to love. Don't feel like you are doing anything wrong even if the world tells you that you are a dick for loving despicable ppl. You are doing ok. The world is evil. Don't stop loving, though, you must look for a common ground in values to keep a successful relationship. In the Bible it says that "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? (2 Cor. 6:14) . The reason is to avoid unnecessary pain and frustration. If you are a christian you shouldn't try to have a relationship with a non believer and if you are not, you should know that love for this current world is tainted (as the worldly singers say). If you want you can pm me.
    Makes sense on why i don't dualize, i'm an atheist.

But i've been talking to a LSE girl, and we actually do share things in common, so I can kind of sort of compare it to that, in a way. I do like intensity though and not to be ruled over by some book.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tommy, out of curiosity, do you think Fe/Ti valuers' love isn't Christian, or authentic, or something like that?

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Something View Post
    Makes sense on why i don't dualize, i'm an atheist.

But i've been talking to a LSE girl, and we actually do share things in common, so I can kind of sort of compare it to that, in a way. I do like intensity though and not to be ruled over by some book.
    I'm a agnostic. What @Tommy describes sounds like a sx-last stacking relationship. Relating through social values and beliefs, worldviews and communities in common. I don't think it has anything to do with duality.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I'm a agnostic. What @Tommy describes sounds like a sx-last stacking relationship. Relating through social values and beliefs, worldviews and communities in common. I don't think it has anything to do with duality.
    Ah, nice take. Hadn't seen it that way.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @Tommy, out of curiosity, do you think Fe/Ti valuers' love isn't Christian, or authentic, or something like that?
    LII's get cucked.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Duals become inseparable. It’ would be easier to split an atom
    Yet it happens naturally. OK, I have been dealing too much with radioactive data eh... data about radioactivity.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    Yet it happens naturally. OK, I have been dealing too much with radioactive data eh... data about radioactivity.
    I only understand like 9% of the shit you say but somehow I still appreciate your texts.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    If you think ethics of relations is not important in a relationship and you look for someone to make you feel emotions (as you said before) then mb you are not even IEE.

Also there's no logical relation between ethics of relations (Fi) being important in a relationship and being sx last, lol.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is reading comprehension a skill limited to Te?

Unless you need me to generate conclusions for you because of your mental capabilities, I suggest you to go to read the N.T. by yourself and then read Socionics or Jung and make your own comparison if you are truly interested in the topic.

3. Feeling

Feeling in the extraverted attitude is orientated by objective data, i.e. the object is the indispensable determinant of the kind of feeling. It agrees with objective values. If one has always known feeling as a subjective fact, the nature of extraverted feeling will not immediately be understood, since it has freed itself as fully as possible from the subjective factor, and has, instead, become wholly subordinated to the influence of the object. Even where it seems to show a certain independence of the quality of the concrete object, it is none the less under the spell of traditional or generally valid standards of some sort. I may feel constrained, for instance, to use the predicate 'beautiful' or 'good', not because I find the object 'beautiful' or 'good' from my own subjective feeling, but because it is fitting and politic so to do; and fitting it certainly is, inasmuch as a contrary opinion would disturb the general feeling situation. A feeling-judgment such as this is in no way a simulation or a lie -- it is merely an act of accommodation. A picture, for instance, may be termed beautiful, because a picture that is hung in a drawing-room and bearing a well-known signature is generally assumed to be beautiful, or because the predicate 'ugly' might offend the family of the fortunate possessor, or because there is a benevolent intention on the part of the visitor to create a pleasant feeling-atmosphere, to which end everything must be felt as agreeable. Such feelings are governed by the standard of the objective determinants. As such they are genuine, and represent the total visible feeling-function.

In precisely the same way as extraverted thinking strives to rid itself of subjective influences, extraverted feeling has also to undergo a certain process of differentiation, before it is finally denuded of every subjective trimming. The valuations resulting from the act of feeling either correspond directly with objective values or at least chime in with certain traditional and generally known standards of value. This kind of feeling is very largely responsible for the fact that so many people flock to the theatre, to concerts, or to Church, and what is more, with correctly adjusted positive feelings. Fashions, too, owe their existence to it, and, what is far more valuable, the whole positive and wide-spread support of social, philanthropic, and such like cultural enterprises. In such matters, extraverted feeling proves itself a creative factor. Without this feeling, for instance, a beautiful and harmonious sociability would be unthinkable. So far extraverted feeling is just as beneficent and rationally effective as extraverted thinking. But this salutary effect is lost as soon as the object gains an exaggerated influence. For, when this happens, extraverted feeling draws the personality too much into the object, i.e. the object assimilates the person, whereupon the personal character of the feeling, which constitutes its principal charm, is lost. Feeling then becomes cold, material, untrustworthy. It betrays a secret aim, or at least arouses the suspicion of it in an impartial observer. No longer does it make that welcome and refreshing impression the invariable accompaniment of genuine feeling; instead, one scents a pose or affectation, although the egocentric motive may be entirely unconscious.

Such overstressed, extraverted feeling certainly fulfils æsthetic expectations, but no longer does it speak to the heart; it merely appeals to the senses, or -- worse still -- to the reason. Doubtless it can provide æsthetic padding for a situation, but there it stops, and beyond that its effect is nil. It has become sterile. Should this process go further, a strangely contradictory dissociation of feeling develops; every object is seized upon with feeling, valuations, and numerous relationships are made which are inherently and mutually incompatible. Since such aberrations would be quite impossible if a sufficiently emphasized subject were present, the last vestige of a real personal standpoint also becomes suppressed. The subject becomes so swallowed up in individual feeling processes that to the observer it seems as though there were no longer a subject of feeling but merely a feeling process. In such a condition feeling has entirely forfeited its original human warmth, it gives an impression of pose, inconstancy, unreliability, and in the worst cases appears definitely hysterical.

SOURCE: P.T., JUNG
    wow @Duschia you are so smart, just proven that Freelance Policeman should become a Christian to call himself a true Fe seeking type.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck.

We are better people than our parents.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tommy, I was only interested in what you thought, not in interpreting the Bible for my own purposes. As you know, people read the Bible all the time yet come to some pretty different conclusions — same with Jung (I have to confess I’m no clearer on what you think given what you quoted). If you thought that Fe was defective or insufficient in the Christian context, or something like that, that would be a very interesting idea, and would merit discussion.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    Not all Fe/Ti types are Christian (see mentioned Nietzsche), but organized religious Christianity is pretty Fe/Ti going by Jung. That's the underlining and general sway, even when exceptions exist.

your "arguments" (or whatever thing you are trying to do with your quotes and posts) are so out of place and lame that I'm not even going to waste my time. I suggest you to grow up.

waiting for that beta typing

do you really have a narcissistic disorder don't you?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all Fe/Ti types are Christian (see mentioned Nietzsche), but organized religious Christianity is pretty Fe/Ti going by Jung. That's the underlining and general sway, even when exceptions exist.

Strictly speaking Jung is not exactly the same thing as socionics. Not many people would associate “a beautiful and harmonious sociability” with socionics beta quadra for instance.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strictly speaking Jung is not exactly the same thing as socionics. Not many people would associate “a beautiful and harmonious sociability” with socionics beta quadra for instance.
    Beta NFs can be like that. Often Jung’s descriptions can be one-sided, but it’s not entirely at odds with socionics. At least not in that instance.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Tommy, I was only interested in what you thought, not in interpreting the Bible for my own purposes. As you know, people read the Bible all the time yet come to some pretty different conclusions — same with Jung (I have to confess I’m no clearer on what you think given what you quoted). If you thought that Fe was defective or insufficient in the Christian context, or something like that, that would be a very interesting idea, and would merit discussion.
    There were a school subject in my country called "logic" which was suddenly and without any explanation removed. I'm wondering if something similar is happening in another places in the world, and if there's no emphasis in reader's comprehension in american schools or in other countries educational systems due how many times I've had to explain ppl in here that A means A and not B and not C and similar things. Idk if its something educational or cultural or if ppl is simply getting more superficial and cheeky. Or mb its just a Ti way of clowning around. Idk.

In the tests I had to present when I was a kid there were always reader's comprehension parts where basic questions were made, such as who, why, where, what and more complex questions to make sure that we could grasp or get the ideas in the texts so there were no need of looking for the author and asking repeatedly about the same stuff.

For understanding the Bible or other texts there are hermeneutics.

Anyway, just to satiate your curiosity, the Bible is calling ppl to a balance between the objective and the subjective. For example, Jesus called ppl to have community (Fe) but a community that was not seen as positive or good in the eyes of society (not Fe). A community in prosecution which was not accomodated (in Jung terms) at all. As I already explained above, the love Jesus preached in the N.T. was not based in the reality of objects (Fe) but on more subjective and less reasonable one (objectively speaking in Jung terms), coming merely from something intangible and individual as faith. If you ask me I think you can see all the IEs during the whole Bible in different periods, manifestations and circumstances. There would be a difference if we try to look for IEs in Christianity by looking in the Bible or by looking for it in contemporary christianity or modern churches as Jung did. Gulenko spoke about the clock of socion which is basically the human history through the quadra values, and I think the same can be seen in the Bible in both, historical values and spiritual ways. To being able to fully understand it would be necessary for you to read the Bible, there's a lot that can't be discussed or written in this way and obviously you won't understand much if you just limit yourself to read texts from third parties.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was trying to show what Jung thought about Christianity, not even to you, but in general. Your response is to insult me. Before that, you insulted l-longname in calling for them to 'rethink whether they value Fi or not' because they didn't agree with your views on religion and duality and insulted Freelance by rhetorically asking him whether 'reading comprehension was limited to Te'. Yet, you seem require the other side to be nice to you and pamper to your convictions. Otherwise, see your reactions below.

And on whether I have a narcissistic disorder: you tried to retype me before. You did this to l-longname in this thread. You did this do consentingadult, and a few more cases. This is a common pattern at this point and it's not funny at all. And it's always retyping someone as beta. So hence the comment, because it's very predictable. In this case, I didn't get 'a beta' (yet), but I get 'a narcissist' (and 'grow up'). This is so ad hominem and petty-childish I can't. Are we teenagers? I mean last time you said I 'write like I'm schizophrenic and I should consult someone' because my writing is often obtuse and not easy to read/follow to you, so I guess I'm collecting mental problems inside me

You just seem to ignore whatever other side is posting (either by claiming they are 'so out of place and lame' or claiming that 'their sources are biased' and so on and alike) and stick to your thought. You present something on a forum and expect no critical thought to what you are saying. This is Ti at its worst: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...of-information but as I'm criticizing your idea(l)s as wrong I'm not expecting a lot from this one other than insults and insinuations, maybe it will yield in the future
    Your whole attitude is prosecuting religious ppl just like some of the ppl you mentioned. Don't be such an hypocrite. And where did I insulted you btw? Calling you narcissistic because you think I care about your type is not an insult, is self evident. Your whole attitude is so out of place and contradictory that you are not even worthy to be read, honestly (as I said, which is also not an insult, neither telling you to grow up, because you are acting like a teen).
    You can stop addressing whenever you want if you think that I "disrespect" you. I remind you that is not me the one who come to mess around with you due your convictions, but you, and its not the first time you do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast