Thread: Calling All ENTps and INTjs: help create quality of life again!

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Calling All ENTps and INTjs: help create quality of life again!

The USA is in much need of Alpha-style reforms to heal our nation.

Normally many of you are told the best fields for your careers are engineering, science and technology ...

But:

We need more ILEs and LIIs involved in economics, finance, law, politics and government to help create a real quality of life here again. We need holistic logical thinkers to get involved to influence and make a difference where you can. The Alpha SFs (the real ones) exist to support your efforts - not demoralize you or say you are doing it wrong.

America has become an unhealthy ENTJ. All of the SEI values of living - which all need - have been virtually lost or overly compromised. This theoretical SEI needs her Duals and Activity partners to make a difference. The ESE Mirror partners extravert the situations to help shed light for you on what is going on.

For policy inspirations and other points of awareness, issues of discussion for better or worse, forum members are encouraged to look and engage here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...00#post1317900

Thank you for your consideration and all that you do to help make this world a better place.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you buy into the quadra progression theory, we are currently in the process of entering Alpha phase, which is evident in the US by popular culture and broader social trends. However, it seems that the politics and business community is not in step with these cultural trends, and these communities are noticeably disconnected and insular.

If Bernie Sanders becomes POTUS in 2020, that would signal that we have fully arrived in Alpha. In this phase entrenched patterns and ways of thinking lose their grip, leading to chaotic changes which are nevertheless necessary for progress.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I already posted in that thread.

I'd start with repealing the second amendment. Then removing state income tax.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Economics, finance, law, politics and government... sounds boring... I am only interested in such things from the perspective of an observer.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    The USA is in much need of Alpha-style reforms to heal our nation.

Normally many of you are told the best fields for your careers are engineering, science and technology ...

But:

We need more ILEs and LIIs involved in economics, finance, law, politics and government to help create a real quality of life here again. We need holistic logical thinkers to get involved to influence and make a difference where you can. The Alpha SFs (the real ones) exist to support your efforts - not demoralize you or say you are doing it wrong.

America has become an unhealthy ENTJ. All of the SEI values of living - which all need - have been virtually lost or overly compromised. This theoretical SEI needs her Duals and Activity partners to make a difference. The ESE Mirror partners extravert the situations to help shed light for you on what is going on.

For policy inspirations and other points of awareness, issues of discussion for better or worse, forum members are encouraged to look and engage here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...00#post1317900

Thank you for your consideration and all that you do to help make this world a better place.
    Can gamma NTs not be holistic logical thinkers? Is forecasting future benefits and costs not holistic or big picture? I'm not trying to be critical, but rather I want to know why exactly you think we need more alpha NTs in fields that clearly value NiTe over TiNe. Like, having more NiTe or TeNi in theoretical sciences may not be the best idea since valued TiNe or NeTi would be better suited for that job. But areas like business, finance, politics, and government don't need revolution since those systems are permanent and incredibly sensitive. It would be unwise to implement drastically innovative policies when that policy effects everyone in varying degrees. A slow, calculated approach to problem solving over time is what is needed, and that's exactly what NiTe or TeNi is.

EDIT: I should add this to clarify my views. Note, this is a copy of what I wrote in another response on this thread.
    Personally, I'm not against innovative ideas; in fact, I think they're necessary for society to progress. However, I'd rather live in stagnation than to try to progress, only to screw up the system I've spent so long developing. In other words, having innovative ideas is completely fine but lacking the pragmatism to properly put it in action isn't. If one does have an innovative policy idea, then they should construct a long-term plan so that its implementation is as smooth as possible. It can't be impulsive or earth-shatteringly large since the short and long term consequences of that would be worse than the stagnation that would have occurred should nothing have happened.
    Last edited by FarDraft; 01-20-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Can gamma NTs not be holistic logical thinkers? Is forecasting future benefits and costs not holistic or big picture? I'm not trying to be critical, but rather I want to know why exactly you think we need more alpha NTs in fields that clearly value NiTe over TiNe. Like, having more NiTe or TeNi in theoretical sciences may not be the best idea since valued TiNe or NeTi would be better suited for that job. But areas like business, finance, politics, and government don't need revolution since those systems are permanent and incredibly sensitive. It would be unwise to implement drastically innovative policies when that policy effects everyone in varying degrees. A slow, calculated approach to problem solving over time is what is needed, and that's exactly what NiTe or TeNi is.
    “It would be unwise to implement drastically innovative policies” <— my impression is that she may perhaps not be looking at it from that point of view. She seems to sincerely believe in her visions though.
    (I could be wrong).

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VenusRose View Post
    “It would be unwise to implement drastically innovative policies” <— my impression is that she may perhaps not be looking at it from that point of view. She seems to sincerely believe in her visions though.
    (I could be wrong).
    I guess that would be the primary alpha/gamma difference in play, then.
    Personally, I'm not against innovative ideas; in fact, I think they're necessary for society to progress. However, I'd rather live in stagnation than to try to progress, only to screw up the system I've spent so long developing. In other words, having innovative ideas is completely fine but lacking the pragmatism to properly put it in action isn't. If one does have an innovative policy idea, then they should construct a long-term plan so that its implementation is as smooth as possible. It can't be impulsive or earth-shatteringly large since the short and long term consequences of that would be worse than the stagnation that would have occurred should nothing have happened.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vesstheastralsilky
    I hear your call, but I'm not an US citizen.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    @vesstheastralsilky
    I hear your call, but I'm not an US citizen.
    Thank you for caring.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is said that LII's tend to be such thinkers and ILE's much less so.

LII's doing broad strokes stuff. I have thought that they already were doing it when they get the opportunity. The issue here is that can they actually uncover something because going through motions as part of the system is not for them which might happen if they choose the path. As for bringing the change I think it is better to leave it beta to carry it on.

ILE's might get something done with their research being constrained in an area that has some common surface with rest of the society.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    If you buy into the quadra progression theory, we are currently in the process of entering Alpha phase, which is evident in the US by popular culture and broader social trends. However, it seems that the politics and business community is not in step with these cultural trends, and these communities are noticeably disconnected and insular.

If Bernie Sanders becomes POTUS in 2020, that would signal that we have fully arrived in Alpha. In this phase entrenched patterns and ways of thinking lose their grip, leading to chaotic changes which are nevertheless necessary for progress.
    This seems to be so. From an economic stand point and social reform, it seems to be Delta transitioning towards Alpha.

You get spatterings of Beta, but they get outcasted and asked to *play nice*. Thinking something along the lines of the boxer Mike Tyson biting an ear off and how wrong it looked, which started him on the quest towards Ni integration and finding the Center balance (do a bit of research about him). True betas are not mainstream in American society, not saying they are mot there and influential, they are, jusst not as the mainstream narrative. Military counter culture is one such place these themes thrive in. You get pockets and places of Betaness as well. Think Las Vegas, Maimi Beach, ghettos, Nashville.

The mainstream narrative is a Delta perspective: rule of order, law abiding ethical fairness, legislation, production, efficiency, health, wellness, traditons of hard work and dogged bootstrap success. *Using* the system to advantages, equal opportunities, American conservatism and exceptionalism.

Alpha is where a lot of social progression is emerging from. Canada has always been part alpha so its no surprise america is dabbling in alphaness. You get social rights, creative lisences, the whole music industy diamond in the rough reality TV shows, theatricality, health food movements (delta elements always in this place).

Bernie Sanders is very alpha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump overall good be a net benefit.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already here and doing it. Not successfully, but doing it. Also, no. Bernie Sanders should not be Alpha figurehead. He violates half of all of my political theorums thus essentially becoming irrelevant.

1. Don't piss off the other side.

2. Don't stand for everything the other side hates.

3. Don't speak in generalizations.

4. Do have a solid plan.

5. Convince everyone your plan will work.

6. Convince everyone that you should be in charge of your plan. He succeeded there...

7. If you're taking up an unpopular opinion, you need to seem so smart that people on the other side think you can actually make it work. Nope. Not even close. Vladimir Lennon achieved this.

8. You seem to need a great deal of capital.

9. Timing. Bernie came on seen at the end of Obama's campaign. If he came at the end of Bush's, he might've had a chance if there was no Obama. Empirically, it is very uncommon to have the same party more than twice in a row in the USA.

10. Some Democrats don't like him.

In essence, I think he's equivalent to that guy from the radical republicans who killed the cow, Thaddeus Stevens. He's like the most hardcore Democrat. That only works if you have a majority, and people are looking more for political outsiders right now, which implies more favor for moderates.

A lot of the same can be said for Trump, but he's got a distinct advantage in that he's got money. Money means friends. Friends means the arguments he makes that are good are highlighted as good, even if they are bad, and the never ending contradictions disappear.

Trump is a moderate who sold out to get what he wanted anyways, which sadly will put him known as the guy who in history, REALLY tried to build a wall. I still claim that if I wanted a wall put up, I'd have it done by now.

Easy. Dice needs help with border protection. They are strapped for resources, as are everyone. Fact. Instead of giving them more money, we'll build a wall, which will lessen their workload. Fact. The wall is permanent, and repair costs are less than the cost of equipping Dice. Now, it's not a political choice, it's a pragmatic choice.

There's more, like I'd also give them more money, help them out with prisoner accommodations, give customs more money, and so on and so forth. I'd press China on their trade with NK as a reward for ending the ograbme. Anyways, that's enough politics. Also I broke character. Darn.

Last, I'd tighten up airport and port security until I think of a more viable option, which I don't have. We gotta secure the entrances to our country for drugs, which have nearly no protection. US is the biggest target for contraband imports, and we most surely don't get everything. The only greater target is China by it's own people, and that doesn't count.

Of course, I'm pro-immigration, as more people is better. I have facts, statistics and theorums to prove it.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 03-14-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, American culture is pretty Gamma. If anything we need more Deltas.

This is a dumb thread, by the way.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree we need more deltas, but the problem is people tend to either scoff at them and turn them into walking, talking punchlines (particularly in the case of the NFs) or bristle at their suggestions and directives (particularly in the case of the STs). They're doomed to be perceived by people from other quadras as hard-assed authoritarians, detail obsessed bureaucrats, or airy fairy hippie types.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

in quadra progression: alpha + gamma: age of enlightenment

beta + delta = dark ages?

alpha + delta = laziness

beta + gamma = bling bling??

gamma + delta = production

alpha + beta = ????????????????
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    in quadra progression: alpha + gamma: age of enlightenment

beta + delta = dark ages?

alpha + delta = laziness

beta + gamma = bling bling??

gamma + delta = production

alpha + beta = ????????????????
    alpha + gamma: cyberpunk

beta + delta: renaissance

alpha + delta: industrial

beta + gamma: medieval

gamma + delta: atlantis

alpha + beta : current

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    alpha + gamma: cyberpunk

beta + delta: renaissance

alpha + delta: industrial

beta + gamma: medieval

gamma + delta: atlantis

alpha + beta : current
    You have very weird understanding of quadras.

Energy progression goes B>G>D>A (betas are there making crusades after alphas implanted some weird idea into their head while alphas are weird dudes doing nothing on remote paradise island. Deltas are doing agriculture in remote hobbit village.)
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have weird understanding of quadras.
    Not at all. My understanding is based on my own observation.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not at all. My understanding is based on my own observation.
    In order to have coherent discussion people need to speak same language.

It is like your speaking with false friends (language concept) and also implement it that way.

For example: between two languages a we have for example a bag = a cat.

All I see from you is this:
    You go out to buy some groceries and bring a cat with you and put your groceries into its mouth.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order to have coherent discussion people need to speak same language.

It is like your speaking with false friends (language concept) and also implement it that way.

For example: between two languages a we have for example a bag = a cat.

All I see from you is this:
    You go out to buy some groceries and bring a cat with you and put your groceries into its mouth.
    What is your understanding based on?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What is your understanding based on?
    Reading the definitions and then observing if it holds true. If it does not match then I need to recheck until my understanding matches with it and if it does not match well enough ever then it is garbage.

I mean shuffling quadras around makes very little sense if those remain interchangeable. It is not even creative work – quite the contrary (it is like y=x, x=z, z=u, u =v). As this socionics in itself is hard to prove you almost certainly have to make well declared spin offs if you want to do your own work that conflict with it because you can not prove it either.

This is the way socionics was constructed.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the definitions and then observing if it holds true. If it does not match then I need to recheck until my understanding matches with it and if it does not match well enough ever then it is garbage.

I mean shuffling quadras around makes very little sense if those remain interchangeable. It is not even creative work – quite the contrary (it is like y=x, x=z, z=u, u =v). As this socionics in itself is hard to prove you almost certainly have to make well declared spin offs if you want to do your own work that conflict with it because you can not prove it either.

This is the way socionics was constructed.
    For example; beta + gamma is bling bling, right? How did you arrive at this conclusion?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For example; beta + gamma is bling bling, right? How did you arrive at this conclusion?
    They both value status and external manifestation of it. Fast cars, fast women and so on.

Alphas and deltas value more Si which means some valuing inactivity just for the enjoyment. While alphas can be talkative they are not particularly movers beyond present (and typically not easily inclined to do stuff beyond hanging out with others and discussing non concrete stuff). While deltas can value production they do not typically try to acquire benefits above their own means. Therefore I find alpha +delta industriousness quite oxymoron as it relates to Te (gammas and deltas) and moving force (Se).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They both value status and external manifestation of it. Fast cars, fast women and so on.

Alphas and deltas value more Si which means some valuing inactivity just for the enjoyment. While alphas can be talkative they are not particularly movers beyond present (and typically not easily inclined to do stuff beyond hanging out with others and discussing non concrete stuff). While deltas can value production they do not typically try to acquire benefits above their own means. Therefore I find alpha +delta industriousness quite oxymoron as it relates to Te (gammas and deltas) and moving force (Se).
    Your understanding is very precarious.