Thread: Socionics For Dummies

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If "better for me" does not relate to self-protection, then additonal lols to e-subtypes or how you understand them.
    I will happily leave you out of enneagram

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    Hmmmm....

so social is about gaining protection and empowerment in larger entities.

sp is about protecting yourself.

I could see how an sp would rather not rely on a relationship, because it's another person which is unpredictable.

sx/sp would go for that relationship at the exclusion of all other things, so the two as an entity then protects.

sp/sx would preserve themself 1st, but form a bond with that special one if they were sure it wouldn't harm them.

Hence the nature of typologies, always open to discussion.
    From an sp/sx I talked to they can get obsessed about a relationship (as can any stacking) but they will instinctually report back into themselves and see how much energy or how much personal sacrifying the relationship is taking out of them. Sp firsts instinctually set their own personal experience of things first while an sx first in a relationship the constant instinctual focus would be "how turned on am i by this person" and focusing/worrying about how to stay attracted to the partner - this is a focus in sx second too clearly but neurotic for the sx first.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: Why would someone care about (so) about threats to their reputation and standing? Sounds like a lot of paranoia taking place.

edit: I'm a mixture of sx/sp and sp/sx. Maybe sx/sp when I was younger but sp/sx makes more sense to now .... I get it we have to be just one. Maybe life experience has taught me to be sp/sx and play it safe.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Hmm. I've never met a person who is either Alpha SF or Delta ST with E-Core type 1 since I occupy myself with personal types. I even doubt I've ever met an Alpha SF person with Core type 1.
    1 as wing or in the E-tritype ok, might be, but not core type.
    1 in Alpha SF and Delta ST is probably as rare as 4.
    I do agree that 1 in Alpha SF is rather rare, if not actually non-existent. I might have to edit the overview some time later.

I do know of several SLI-Te 1s however, so I am gonna stick with that.
    (One celeb example: Amal Clooney. She's also So/Sp, and could pass as LSE almost.)

Most 1s are actually SLI-Te, ime.
    This is also why there are so many confusions regarding SLI vs LSI in Socionics, because in Socionics 1-ness is more or less associated with j.
    But LSIs are actually 6s, not 1s... I wrote more about that issue here.

1-ness is actually correlated with Je, not just j, at least ime.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I did not researched thoroughly subtypes of Enneagram. If some of E-types themselves look like fiting to my experience, meanwhile subtypes seem as doubtful still. It's other typology, not Enneagram types.
    Well, you used to seem Sp/Sx 9w8 to me for the most part, but I could be wrong.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    I do agree that 1 in Alpha SF is rather rare, if not actually non-existent. I might have to edit the overview some time later.

I do know of several SLI-Te 1s however, so I am gonna stick with that.
    (One celeb example: Amal Clooney. She's also So/Sp, and could pass as LSE almost.)

Most 1s are actually SLI-Te, ime.
    Usually I tend to stay away from core type 1 people, they are too dogmatic and narrow-minded for my taste, but it also depends on the individuell person.

1-ness is actually correlated with Je, not just j, at least ime.
    I agree: Core type 1 people have mostly introverted perception and extroverted judgement as functions in the ego block.
    Type 1 + extroverted perception ego is a contradiction.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I will happily leave you out of enneagram
    Leave me out of socionic type at 1st pls, as I don't like issues of types and IR. Also we discussed not enneagram types, in case it matters for people with such superpowers.

I've never met a person who is either Alpha SF or Delta ST with E-Core type 1
    i.imgur.com/pOGLSsa.jpg

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does 'IR' stand for?? I'm guessing intertype-relationship.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

they are too dogmatic and narrow-minded for my taste
    The side effect of the concentration. You'd better affraid Firsts forced you to correct way. Also it's not single-valued as often Firsts implement new/advanced themes, which are against conservative masses which don't understand good what is done and prefer to don't mess with it deep.
    Like with Socionics. I dig it for 15 years, found a proof for nonverbal typing, developed IR test with the interesting results, while masses know nothing or slightly flood on the forums. I'm concentrated on classical theory as want to avoid risks of doubtful theories, and it would take much more efforts to check also "heresies" like Reinin's traits and other.

Well, you used to seem Sp/Sx 9w8 to me for the most part, but I could be wrong.
    To see me as Nine is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    What does 'IR' stand for?? I'm guessing intertype-relationship.
    yes

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i.imgur.com/pOGLSsa.jpg
    Ok

btw.: LSE 9w8 seems to be a very rare combination

Addition: Does this chart exclusively show correlations between MBTI type and Enneagram Core type?
    I doubt it.
    I guess it shows tritype correlations.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 11-30-2017 at 04:52 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Ok

Non-existent, imo.

But I also type Sol as SLI, so...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The side effect of the concentration. You'd better affraid Firsts forced you to correct way.
    I prefer to avoid confrontation with type 1 because I have 9 in my tritype and I'm so-last.
    ...and I tend to ignore because it is my ignoring function. I don't adopt concepts from other people that make no sense (in a -way) to me.

To see me as Nine is funny.
    Yes, I'd never type you as 9 core type.
    -leading and type 9 seems really strange.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

...and I tend to ignore because it is my ignoring function
    Mostly people ignore weak non-valued functions, as they are perceived as hard and annoying. To call 7th as "ignoring" was not a good idea.
    I don't recommend to use on practice descriptions of concrete functions in model A. I'm using: strong/weak, valued/nonvalued. The other embellishments are rather more doubful and seems sometimes are badly described.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Ok

Addition: Does this chart exclusively show correlations between MBTI type and Enneagram Core type?
    I doubt it.
    I guess it shows tritype correlations.
    Only Core types, I think.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Core types, I think.
    Anyway, there are no Delta ST (and Gamma NT) people in my whole family and I also have no friends of this type - I only have to deal with them at the workplace.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly people ignore weak non-valued functions, as they are perceived as hard and annoying.
    You was complaining about that I'm using non-conforming typing methods. My opinion on this is that different type has to adapt the typing method in a way that they can use more of their strong functions and have to use their weaker functions to a lesser extend.

It also depends if your perceptions are more visual or auditive developed. My perception of emotions of other people is unusual strong auditive oriented for a male; means reading other people only by using visuell impressions doesn't work for me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You was complaining about that I'm using non-conforming typing methods. My opinion on this is that different type has to adapt the typing method in a way that they can use more of their strong functions and have to use their weaker functions to a lesser extend.
    Besides your strong functions (while you type is unkown to me as I did not typed you and have no basis to trust your opinion there) there are other important factors for the method's choice. The typing information should be enough and correct. In Olimpia's theme I criticized that you trused surplusly to words and did not take into account nonverbal (about the last you've made contradictory assertions). Such your approach have misleaded you and others.
    To ignore the _important_ factors is not common for Ti leading types, - as they only use Te lesser than Te types but good anyway, *LE would use worse than L*I, while F types have issues with this above social norms. Only where people don't relate seriously like to typing and Socionics, there they may don't use nonvalued or weaker functions as _normally_ should.
    So either your type is not T, or you are playing too much here and don't care about the consequences which people may get with the wrong type.

> means reading other people only by using visuell impressions doesn't work for me

That using of visual info is lesser usual for you does not mean you are unable to use it. In that context it was reasonable to do this as the main method, as I've clearly explained there.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Olimpia's theme I criticized that you trused surplusly to words and did not take into account nonverbal (about the last you've made contradictory assertions). Such your approach have misleaded you and others.
    Really? Thats your interpretation. How do you know that I have misleaded other members of this forum?

To ignore the _important_ factors is not common for Ti leading types, - as they only use Te lesser than Te types but good anyway, *LE would use worse than L*I, while F types have issues with this above social norms.
    It is correct that I tend to omit some information, but the reason for it is not that I have weak thinking, it is because I have weak sensing.
    Both and are weak functions ín me.
    I guess you have a sensing function in your ego block, but I don't have.
    So I have only a few choices:
    - Not typing other people anymore
    - Developing better sensing skills
    - Rely on my strong intuitive perception skills for typing people

So either your type is not T, or you are playing too much here and don't care about the consequences which people may get with the wrong type.
    On a superficial look I might look like a F type, but people who know me for a longer time and better wouldn't type me as F type.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I've never met a person who is either Alpha SF or Delta ST with E-Core type 1 since I occupy myself with personal types. I even doubt I've ever met an Alpha SF person with Core type 1.
    1 as wing or in the E-tritype ok, might be, but not core type.
    1 in Alpha SF and Delta ST is probably as rare as 4.
    I wouldn't discount the possibility of an ESE being 1w2 or an LII being 1w9. Ah thinking about it, Thomas Jefferson was probably an LII E1. A Si-lead enneagram 1 would be especially ridiculous though. There's really no way for that to work that I can even imagine, so either the enneagram type or the socionics type is almost certainly wrong if someone types as Si lead and E1 imo. Also, Fe creative E1 is really unlikely. E1s in my experience are almost always rational types, with the very rare exception.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, sorry @WinnieW, when replying I didn't double-check your post and thought you were eliminating all alphas rather than just alpha SFs. So the bit about LIIs was kind of pointless of me. But yeah, I think it'd be extremely odd and extremely rare if not impossible for SEI or SLI to be an E1. I do think that ESE and LSE can be though and that it's probably fairly common.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello @squark
    I didn't state that there are no ESE or LSE with core e-type 1 are out there.
    There are a few explanations for:
    Possibly I met such people but talked not long enough with them to realize they are type 1.
    My personal life expirences are statisticaly not relevant enough, means I can't extrapolate and conclude there are no ESE or LSE of E-type 1 at all.
    But I didn't state there can't be Alpha SF or Delta ST E-type 1 people out there.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Only in the Gamma Quadra you'll find Duals who actively hate each other, mainly ESI-LIE, with most of the hate coming from ESI.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Only in the Gamma Quadra you'll find Duals who actively hate each other
    conlficts may happen between people of any types

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Loudest in bed: EIE and SEE women
    Quietest in bed: SLI and LII men

Yep, it is 4D -Fe vs 1D +Fe.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loudest in bed: EIE and SEE women
    Quietest in bed: SLI and LII men
    Are you refering to snoring?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Are you refering to snoring?
    Nope.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

That person who makes a peace sign when you take a group picture:

Probably 9 fix (likely core), possibly Fe valuing.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's cool to see people trying to correlate Socionics with Enneagram. People like to say that they're totally separate, but I'm pretty sure that all of the different personality systems claim to describe people's over-arching behavior/thought processes, so I don't think that you can separate them easily. Someone on PerC thought that their mother was ESFJ and 5. Now if that's not idiotic, I don't know what is. Their excuse: these are different systems!!
    Always welcome typing advice. :]

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mAAd city View Post
    It's cool to see people trying to correlate Socionics with Enneagram. People like to say that they're totally separate, but I'm pretty sure that all of the different personality systems claim to describe people's over-arching behavior/thought processes, so I don't think that you can separate them easily. Someone on PerC thought that their mother was ESFJ and 5. Now if that's not idiotic, I don't know what is. Their excuse: these are different systems!!
    Hey, now! Don't discriminate against the poor ILEs who have 4 as their fix. : (

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    You mean cute IEE-Ne people?

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Hahahaha, I mean, I don't know where I stand with fixes in terms of Socionics types because I mostly focus on core type and instincts.
    @Olimpia

What would you say about someone, y'know, hypothetically speaking, being typed on different occasions: One for Enneagram, one for Socionics. One typing was so/sp 9, the other was LIE (with a suggestion of ILE). In my eyes, something is definitely wrong. Hmmm ��

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Hahahaha, I mean, I don't know where I stand with fixes in terms of MBTI types because I mostly focus on core type and instincts.
    @Olimpia

What would you say about someone, y'know, hypothetically speaking, being typed on different occasions: One for Enneagram, one for MBTI. One typing was so/sp 9, the other was LIE (with a suggestion of ILE). In my eyes, something is definitely wrong. Hmmm ��
    Sounds like at least one of those typings is incorrect.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like at least one of those typings is incorrect.
    Hmmmmmmm.

1 thing I'm curious about: Naranjo says that type 9 can be super extroverted, as in taking all of the focus away from their inner world/feelings. He even correlates it with Kiersey's ESFJ (though, IIRC, he also correlates with Si or ISTJ in MBTI terms). From your list, it seems like you think that 9 is almost always IxFx in Socionics terms. Is there any room for any Socionics extrovert to type as 9 or no?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Hmmmmmmm.

1 thing I'm curious about: Naranjo says that type 9 can be super extroverted, as in taking all of the focus away from their inner world/feelings. He even correlates it with Kiersey's ESFJ (though, IIRC, he also correlates with Si or ISTJ in MBTI terms). From your list, it seems like you think that 9 is almost always IxFx in MBTI terms. Is there any room for any MBTI extrovert to type as 9 or no?
    Naranjo has some confusing correlations...

I've never come across an extroverted 9 before, and the descriptions themselves don't make me think it has to be otherwise.

I am assuming that those individuals who seem to be extroverted 9s are Social subtype, as well as Contact subtype in MBTI.

For instance, I think Jimmy Fallon is SEI-Fe So/Sx 9, and many people would type him as an ExFx.

The Social 9 is the "countertype", its keyword being "participation"; hence a Social 9 can easily be mistaken as an extrovert, especially when it also has a Contact subtype.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reading this thread made me realize how much I've been slacking on socionics lately. I think @Olimpia deserves a gold medal or something for the amount of effort she puts into making socionics understandable. Like seriously I'm just way too lazy in comparison to ever be writing blogs like she does lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you want to be some type, but anything is against it. Just try Reinin's traits or other heresy to rationalize it.
    If you are getting IR contradictions, then instead of seeking for comfortable heresies, - just explain this by non-types factors, as there are a lot of them for this.
    If nothing helps and you really want to be some type and to have some IR, - then think and say to anyone like "I don't care about Socionics, IR and don't take it seriously" and then being consecutive assign to yourself and your partner the needed types.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you want to type as a Fe base or creative type, just flash your teeth from the inside out! Additionally, we all know that you can't smile if you are a high-dimensional thinking type, don't we?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you want to be some type, but anything is against it. Just try Reinin's traits or other heresy to rationalize it.
    If you are getting IR contradictions, then instead of seeking for comfortable heresies, - just explain this by non-types factors, as there are a lot of them for this.
    If nothing helps and you really want to be some type and to have some IR, - then think and say to anyone like "I don't care about Socionics, IR and don't take it seriously" and then being consecutive assign to yourself and your partner the needed types.
    e n n e a g r a m

a n a t m a

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to hear more about this Fi ego gay male(s) olimpia clashed with. I want the juicy details not just a girly 'hehe they weren't alpha male enough for me' that you always pull cuz yeah duh I already get that.

But details is Te, right?

Yours Truly,
    An easily butthurt Faux fi ego gay male in training

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

according to Filatova SLE balls are 3" across and Olimpia measured this guy and he turned out to have tiny 1" soyboy balls ergo Fi

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast