Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting by without Te

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Getting by without Te

I'm genuinely curious how the merry quadras get through life without , given that they have it as unvalued and either as ignored, PoLR, role and demonstrative.

Seems like usage is the mainstream path to success or at a least liveable life, and seems to be the function that people get most openly criticised for being weak in (along with ). Seems like there are a lot of obstacles in life like paper work, fixing things, maintaining a house, managing bigger workloads and so on.

How do you merry peeps work around the whole thing?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wat

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you kind of answered your own question: Society, I believe, values all extraverted functions. Alpha gets by with Fe and Ne, Beta with Fe and Se, Gamma with Se and Te, Delta with Te and Ne.

When you need Ne Fe Se the merry quadra are ready. When you need Ne, Te, Se the serious quadra are ready.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still my guitar gently weeps ...
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting by without cock.. wait what?

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will pick up your hand and blow your little mind ...and so on. Loser.

-Krishna

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I will pick up your hand and blow your little mind ...and so on. Loser.

βββββββββββββββββββββββββββ

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Seems like there are a lot of obstacles in life like paper work,
    that is

fixing things

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'est impossible.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    that is
    Debatable.

is interested in how things work and how functional they are. I've read that there's an inclination to tinker with things and fix them.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debatable.
    Monday, Tuesdeay, Wednesday, ...
    1, 2, 3, 4, ...
    Memory - past in Time (Dynamic) "the Known"

is interested in how things work and how functional they are. I've read that there's an inclination to tinker with things and fix them.
    so what? sees structure is blind on that which is not surprising because it goes into the other direction, you can´t play with objectives without helpful explainations

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's because Te isn't "like paper work, fixing things, maintaining a house, managing bigger workloads" and that's how Ti-quadra manage to survive without it. The 'survivalist check' is a good way to clear out whichever faulty stereotypes you've succumbed to.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, "Te" seems to be how more traditional business and governments are (organization wise) ...but a lot of newer hip business are tipping towards Ti/Ne. Most of the successful people that I know are Ne/Ti... perhaps they just fake it as needed.

The biggest difference I notice between Ti and Te is efficiency. Ti is more trial and error while Te is about doing it right the first time around, if possible...which also ends up usually involving trial and error.

Also Ti is usually pretty lazy without motivation.. Te just kind of does it to get it done and out of the way.
    Both have their pros and cons.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my Te is one dimensional so i suppose i'm pretty much getting by without it. i actually have sort of a hard time grasping what Te IS - what it looks like, sure, but i'm not sure how to apply it to my own habits or thinking. hmm.. i'm perfectly capable of locating my checkbook and paying a bill, and its pretty basic understanding that no type is inherently unable to sustain itself, but right now i'm thinking about specific bills and whether i have the funds to pay them and when i should pay them and how much they come to and when they are all due.. and its all kind of a fuzzy blur with a few estimations. all i know is that i will make some time later today and sit down and figure it out and deal with it. and then after its dealt with, it'll be off my mind. i think it would be different for a Te ego? since Te polrs also have one dimensional Te, maybe its not that different.

also i'm thinking about how Te could be helpful to me in certain situations that are associated with ethical functions, like how sometimes it helps to get a more detached or cost-benefit type of analysis of whats going on with people. and maybe it works that way with my strong functions and situations that are associated with Te, but i'm not sure how.

i wasn't able to sleep at all last night so hopefully this is intelligible.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    It's because Te isn't "like paper work, fixing things, maintaining a house, managing bigger workloads" and that's how Ti-quadra manage to survive without it. The 'survivalist check' is a good way to clear out whichever faulty stereotypes you've succumbed to.
    It sounds way more Si to meh. Don't know whether it is Alpha Si or Delta yet - Narc must scribble more. But not Te.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

so what? sees structure is blind on that which is not surprising because it goes into the other direction, you can´t play with objectives without helpful explainations
    It follows that tinkering with objects in order to fix them will raise the proficiency to do so, even if it is done in a trial and error fashion. You don't require a logical structure to repair something, but you might to create it in the first place.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It follows that tinkering with objects in order to fix them will raise the proficiency to do so, even if it is done in a trial and error fashion. You don't require a logical structure to repair something, but you might to create it in the first place.
    In order to repair something you have to know the principles governing each and single part. Not unless you're a magikal guitarist and receive your info from the Sun directly.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Not unless you're a magikal guitarist and receive your info from the Sun directly.
    Which information element pertains receiving info directly from the sun?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which information element pertains receiving info directly from the sun?
    I'm sure it isn't the one of which the wielder is a certified electro-mechanic. But I am outta here for now, out before the guy who is selling patterns shows up...

Carry on.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why you are associating with Te some traits which are typically considered "weak points" of ENTjs...(paper work, mantaining a house)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg. Te is the most boring function ever

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not boring, just confusing.
    I don't think Te is the ability to physically undertake an action; I see it more as the ability to successfully embark on something taking fragmented steps without having to see the big picture of how things fit together. Not that Te-types aren't "big picture" people, but you can throw them into a weird situation and they can manage to finagle their way through. Te-PoLR's, on the other hand, need the whole thing explained to them before they can even begin doing something very simple (something that doesn't even need most of that information to complete.)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is just tackling a situation in the most cost effective way, that is executing a task that will minimise the expenses put forth into accomplishing said task and profit at the same time.

Narc is special brand of LIE, @FDG. Navy Seals Gamma squadron. Clean yer house, mend your doghouse, bake cookies, special agent.
    Last edited by Absurd; 02-18-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't understand why you are associating with Te some traits which are typically considered "weak points" of ENTjs...(paper work, mantaining a house)
    Basically from my own experience in recent times. I live with three people right now (ILE, SEI and SEE) and they seem to be deficient in the ability to handle things like this. I never really considered them my strong points, but I seem to be doing better than the others.

Whether the traits have been falsely attributed and are not the domain of and could in fact be attributed to or or rationality or from having been raised by an ESI mother, I'm not totally sure, but from my POV, the SEI suffers the most, followed by the SEE. The ILE is more or less doing okay, but doesn't seem to be able to present information in a concise and straightforward way (which means he circles around the same few points in conversation over and over), etc.

Anyway, I wasn't looking to brag or whatever, I was genuinely interested as to whether there were different ways of getting around the mundane in life that I hadn't considered.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cookie boy, you're mistaking standalone Te with standalone Si. Diving into religious Socionics scriptures, may seem liek a blow to you, for those kind of activities you scribble of (again, socionics wise), are low priority when it comes to your mug, that is Sociotype you proudly display under your avatar. In more concise English, it is your polr.

What is means you polr? It means the activities you engage in, especially the ones you speak of, shouldn't even phase you, leading to a neglect of them and killing you in the long run.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm sure it isn't the one of which the wielder is a certified electro-mechanic. But I am outta here for now, out before the guy who is selling patterns shows up...

Carry on.
    It depends on the complexity of the object. It's easier to fix things like a circuit that has a clearly separated wire and a node covered in solder that hasn't got a wire attached to it anymore. You could assume that the wire was once attached to that point and confirm that by soldering it back in place and testing the circuit, and if it works again, it means you were right.

Fixing a car might be a different story, but that's not what I'm getting at here.

Cookie boy, you're mistaking standalone Te with standalone Si. Diving into religious Socionics scriptures, may seem liek a blow to you, for those kind of activities you scribble of (again, socionics wise), are low priority when it comes to your mug, that is Sociotype you proudly display under your avatar. In more concise English, it is your polr.
    Nah, researching Socionics isn't a blow, I'm regularly reading about it, but there isn't a clear consistency, as many theorists have a different variation on things and attribute different abilities and proclivities to different IEs.

What is means you polr? It means the activities you engage in, especially the ones you speak of, shouldn't even phase you, leading to a neglect of them and killing you in the long run.
    I relate to the Filatova description of ENTj PoLR. A Pi PoLR is going to be less outwardly obvious than a Pe or Je PoLR, though.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It depends on the complexity of the object. It's easier to fix things like a circuit that has a clearly separated wire and a node covered in solder that hasn't got a wire attached to it anymore. You could assume that the wire was once attached to that point and confirm that by soldering it back in place and testing the circuit, and if it works again, it means you were right.

Nah, researching Socionics isn't a blow, I'm regularly reading about it, but there isn't a clear consistency, as many theorists have a different variation on things and attribute different abilities and proclivities to different IEs.

I relate to the Filatova description of ENTj PoLR. A Pi PoLR is going to be less outwardly obvious than a Pe or Je PoLR, though.
    Well, my whole Socionics magiks relies on the polrs and stuff. Filatova or not. It is still the polr having a problem with mundane/routine details (I think housekeeping falls somewhere in there, not to mention other activities),so I don't know whether you're reading something I am having a problem seeing now.

But cool. I can live with that.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he's an Alpha NT, admiring his SF comrades.
    Last edited by Park; 02-19-2014 at 01:28 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Maybe he's an Alpha NT, admiring his SF comrades.
    Somehow, I don't think so.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow, I don't think so.
    All we need to do about that is have a cute little SEI like @lemontrees give you a massage or cook you a meal, and you're set.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm genuinely curious how the merry quadras get through life without , given that they have it as unvalued and either as ignored, PoLR, role and demonstrative.

Seems like usage is the mainstream path to success or at a least liveable life, and seems to be the function that people get most openly criticised for being weak in (along with ). Seems like there are a lot of obstacles in life like paper work, fixing things, maintaining a house, managing bigger workloads and so on.

This is a very interesting question. Earlier today, I was thinking how do Fi-POLRs get anywhere without Fi...

Actually my real thought was that strength in Fi seems to go a lot farther than strength in Se (without Fi) i.e. beta STs. But then I realized that there are plenty of highly successful beta STs who get by on their own strengths in a different way from those who are strong in Fi. It's just that I see their lack of Fi as a weakness, probably much like they see my devaluing of Se (and lack of Ti) as a weakness, and they probably also wonder how I get by in life.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I think you kind of answered your own question: Society, I believe, values all extraverted functions. Alpha gets by with Fe and Ne, Beta with Fe and Se, Gamma with Se and Te, Delta with Te and Ne.

When you need Ne Fe Se the merry quadra are ready. When you need Ne, Te, Se the serious quadra are ready.
    I completely disagree with you. The introverted functions are key as well. You can't have an extraverted function without an introverted auxiliary function.

NeFi manifests way differently from NeTi, just as SeFi is way different from SeTi, etc. The phenotypes just come out different.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

βββββββββββββββββββββββββββ
    Yaaaaaaay. You type a drunk and some idiots liked your post and thought it clever...

-Krishna

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Man, I don't understand any of this thread except for ^.

Please refer to my signature...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically from my own experience in recent times. I live with three people right now (ILE, SEI and SEE) and they seem to be deficient in the ability to handle things like this. I never really considered them my strong points, but I seem to be doing better than the others.

Whether the traits have been falsely attributed and are not the domain of and could in fact be attributed to or or rationality or from having been raised by an ESI mother, I'm not totally sure, but from my POV, the SEI suffers the most, followed by the SEE. The ILE is more or less doing okay, but doesn't seem to be able to present information in a concise and straightforward way (which means he circles around the same few points in conversation over and over), etc.

Anyway, I wasn't looking to brag or whatever, I was genuinely interested as to whether there were different ways of getting around the mundane in life that I hadn't considered.
    Then I must ask you what you mean by "mataining a house". I'm definitely deficient at it compared to my girlfriend and another ESFj guy-friend. I'm probably decent at it compared to an ESTp I know, but that's because he can't hold a job for more than 1 month. I still sometimes forget to pay a bill or don't clean perfectly or leave my clothes a bit in disarray.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Then I must ask you what you mean by "mataining a house". I'm definitely deficient at it compared to my girlfriend and another ESFj guy-friend. I'm probably decent at it compared to an ESTp I know, but that's because he can't hold a job for more than 1 month. I still sometimes forget to pay a bill or don't clean perfectly or leave my clothes a bit in disarray.
    Huh? I never made that typo.

Essentially, I moved in with two other people initially, and the house needed a lot of work. A lot of furniture needed to be moved in, rooms chosen and the pool to be kept clean.

I suspect there's been a confusion between what I meant by maintaining, I'm not talking about stabilising pH levels in a pool or using the right kind of floor cleaner or replacing light globes with the proper wattage globes, I'm talking about being able to look around and see what needs fixing (pool, stray hand-me-down furniture that we didn't want, moving furniture around, getting the TV sorted out, getting rid of the boxes we brought our stuff in, etc), figuring out what needs to be done to fix it, and just doing it.

My room itself is quite messy. I could easily shuffle a few things here or there and have it neat and tidy, but it's not a top priority. I am basically placing the house above everything until it all gets sorted out, so I can kick back after and enjoy the fruits of the labour.

I made a thread previously about the SEI girl I live with, who has done basically nothing towards the place and is content to watch the rest of us go around and get things done, most likely because she spends most of her time either out or in her own room, which doesn't get as dirty because she maintains that. I see her neglect basically everything unrelated to her own comfort and convenience, and I don't know whether she's happy for the rest of the house to descend to putrid shittiness or if she thinks she can just get away with sitting back, letting us do the hard work and then reaping the spoils, but I don't think any of the rest of us are keen to call that bluff, because we don't want to live that way.

However, that's not why I made the thread, it was a moment when I finally got her out with me to pick up some groceries and when we went to put those groceries in the boot/trunk of her car, it was full of shit that she brought from her parents' house several days earlier. I basically realised at that moment that that the way the two of us lived life was incredibly different, and in a strange subtle way, she almost seemed apologetic that she didn't sort her shit out earlier. It kind of felt like an implicit PoLR hit on her, and in a way, I felt bad, but there wasn't much I could do to avoid that.

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Man, I don't understand any of this thread except for ^.

Please refer to my signature...
    "reply with quote" reveals you all the answers

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Narc

Now I have it it is your bodily focused Enneagram that gets things done not sure about the Heart Triad but I as a Head Type have problems with that.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They (try to) shift the burden of responsibility to other people. And to provide a rationale, they invented socialism and fascism.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? I never made that typo.
    I didn't mean to say you made a typo...perhaps I made a typo, lol.

Essentially, I moved in with two other people initially, and the house needed a lot of work. A lot of furniture needed to be moved in, rooms chosen and the pool to be kept clean.

I suspect there's been a confusion between what I meant by maintaining, I'm not talking about stabilising pH levels in a pool or using the right kind of floor cleaner or replacing light globes with the proper wattage globes, I'm talking about being able to look around and see what needs fixing (pool, stray hand-me-down furniture that we didn't want, moving furniture around, getting the TV sorted out, getting rid of the boxes we brought our stuff in, etc), figuring out what needs to be done to fix it, and just doing it.
    Okay, I see. Most people I know can somehow do that, except some of them are lazy..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast