Thread: Aurelio Voltaire

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Aurelio Voltaire

The Coolest Goth Aroundtm and a guy whose dark songs brightened up my childhood. His storytelling was, and continues to, entertain and inspire me, although I'm not as much of a fan as I used to be.

How do you feel about some of these dead serious Goths who can’t crack a smile?

"Ironically, I feel sad for them. Ha! There I go bopping along like a happy, perky Goth, then some doom-and-gloomer comes along and is so annoying they make me sad, too! It’s like a bloody virus, I tell you! Back in 2000, I hosted a big Goth convention in Seattle called Convergence. Naturally, my onstage banter was bawdy and full of death, booze and sex. When I returned home I received a very angry letter from an attendee. He said that I “ruined Convergence” for him with my “joking around and stupid dick jokes.” Ha! I laughed so hard! But I was also really shocked. I didn’t think guys like him really existed. I apparently destroyed his chance to go to a mopefest and be utterly alone (with a couple thousand other sulkers). I wrote him back and told him that next time he should save his money and just sit in his closet and cry. "

"I’ve been called a Gothic musician for almost two decades but I’ve never made a Goth album (besides "Raised by bats"). I’m not a Gothic musician, I’m a Goth who makes music. Musically, I probably fall somewhere closer to folk or anti-folk or cabaret. I’m far more likely to pen a song about crashing the Enterprise into Mordor while having sex with a taun taun than I am to write a song about slitting my wrist (and meaning it)."

"I can’t honestly remember a time when I wasn’t on a project. My brain never stops creating new worlds and if I was going to self analyze, I’d say it’s probably borne of a dissatisfaction with the world we live in, a desire to escape from it. I’ve been building myself a space ship in the way of doodles and songs, animated films and toys for as long as I can remember. But it’s a compulsion. I can’t stop. And I know that if I did, my life would be over. I would die. I mean that."
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quotes seem kinda ego, especially the first one.

Interviews seem ego as well.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE maybe

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Quotes seem kinda ego, especially the first one.

Interviews seem ego as well.
    I can see ESE for him

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I can see ESE for him
    Ya, ESE is a good choice.