Thread: My wonderful husband says

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default My wonderful husband says

I don't force you to do anything because it doesn't work with you anyway lol.

I know what I want and don't want, most of the time.

Yeah volitional pressure doesn't work with me. I turn a blind eye to it. I don't know why...maybe it's my ideals.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Volitional pressure works on me, but I hate it and it makes me extremely hostile if done too much, and too much is probably a little to other people.
    There aren't any IEs that I hate more than Ti and Se. Even though I can easily admire them when watching from afar.
    If I ever go to jail it will probably be due to someone using too much Ti or Se on me, it's that bad.

If I ever married an SLE 7w8 I would probably divorce her in fear of me murdering her one day. Her Ti would be like "Let me precisely find all your most sore spots." and her Se "Let me forcefully oppress you against your will." with the 7w8, which would mean I like to precisely cut at your weak spots and forceully oppress you for fun because 7w8 in other words is "I like to play..." w "very hard." Kind of like the joker when he says it's way more fun when you cry.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I like it when someone tries to convince me to do something with them, like some fun intense activity that is usually out of my comfort zone, in the sense that I almost never do it on my own, but I'm intrigued. And I like going back and forth with saying no and then eventually yes, and then no again, and they have to keep fighting for it haha. And I like this process of them drawing me out my shell and kind of making me do it, even if I initially seemed against it. And I notice that they seem to find delight in winning me over like that.

Se ego types tend to do the above, especially Beta STs and SEEs, ESIs not as much. SEEs are smooth with it, emphasizing how fun it will be and rubbing your shoulders and whatnot hah. The Beta STs are more rough with it, like bulls in the china shop. They are more likely to actually drag you along and take you by the hand, whereas the SEE still gives you a bit more free space for you to decide, I am assuming this could be Fi related, more respectful of personal boundaries/values. Gamma SFs often play the role of the gentleman more, ha. Beta STs are more like daredevils.

But there is this delicate balance to it, if they actually forced or guilt-tripped me, then of course it wouldn't be pleasurable.

I noticed that LSEs tend to guilt-trip me more, like this weird combo of Fi valuing and Se dem, aka "I am not gonna pressure you, but I think it is the right thing if you did this/the wrong thing if you didn't do this." That's a turn off haha. I don't have much experience with ESE guys, so I cannot say much on that, but I am imagining that if an ESE tried to pressure me, it would be more something like "I am not gonna pressure you, but everyone else is doing it/wants to come with us", using the Fe angle. It's odd to me how both xSE and SxE use Se to pressure people at times, but it irks me when the xSE does it in that circumventing way, whereas the SxE just goes straight to the point. Seems more honest to me. I prefer the directness of Se ego over the sneakiness of Se dem hah. That's just my bias, though.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    I like it when someone tries to convince me to do something with them, like some fun intense activity that is usually out of my comfort zone, in the sense that I almost never do it on my own, but I'm intrigued. And I like going back and forth with saying no and then eventually yes, and then no again, and they have to keep fighting for it haha. And I like this process of them drawing me out my shell and kind of making me do it, even if I initially seemed against it. And I notice that they seem to find delight in winning me over like that.
    Just for the record, I know ESIs who are a bit like this too, even though the process is a bit different (I think you have to make them realize they actually would like it too).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Just for the record, I know ESIs who are a bit like this too, even though the process is a bit different (I think you have to make them realize they actually would like it too).
    Yeah good point.

Based on my observations, the tendency with the ESIs is, that they are more conscious of the process, and see it more as a game/push back, where they consciously play with the "tension" (creative Se). It's not like they actually need to be convinced as much, but rather they play that part as if they still needed to be convinced, and like to be a bit "bitchy" about it almost. It can be close to impossible to actually change their mind on such matters, so as I said, it tends to be more of a game than anything else. If you end up "convincing" them, it's just because they finally "let you win" after a fair fight, and if you don't end up convincing them, you didn't have a chance with them in the first place.

So all in all, I get the impression that it is much more static and conscious with ESIs. They either want it or not. But if they do want it, they may play the part of being undecided (pseudo-victim).

Personally, it's like... I am actually undecided for a while, until they finally convince me, and then it's like a sense of relief takes a hold of me. When that period of uncertainty/indecision is over. It helps when they say "we are gonna do it like this", when they basically try to make it definite. And even if I don't agree, i still appreciate the sentiment.

But then the relief does not last indefinitely, because then a new situation emerges where they try to convince me, and it starts over again haha. It's like going from a cold to a hot shower repeatedly, perhaps. But who knows, on some level I cannot really paint the picture detailed enough. Just in retrospect, I can look back on how I behaved and felt, and then try to rationalize it.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 04-21-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"