Thread: Carl Schmitt

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Carl Schmitt

German political philosopher of a little known party in the early 20th century. Indisputably Beta values, but LSI? one of the others? Opinions range so widely on here I'm curious.

"I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attention, General @Muddy, the Luminous Minister of Beta Propaganda requests Your counsel.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Schmitt ain't Beta values, nobody is. I'd probably place my bet on LSI.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

See no reason to disagree with LSI.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get the impression of LSI too.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philosophy is a very intuitive field of study, so I think one should be suspicious towards any sensor typings.

If he seems to have "beta values", could he be gamma NT for example?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Philosophy is a very intuitive field of study, so I think one should be suspicious towards any sensor typings.

If he seems to have "beta values", could he be gamma NT for example?
    If he's a Gamma NT it'd be ILI. I'd consider a beta NF before I'd consider LIE. Would Ni + Te or Demonstrative Ti lend itself to groups-based autocratic systematization as the central thesis of all his work?

His concept of The Political--that the essential organizing principle of society is the group distinction between friend/enemy delineated solely by the potential for existential conflict as defined and initiated by the sovereign--strikes me as antithetical "democratic" types or quadras. Or am I misunderstanding how aristocratic/democratic play out?

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    His concept of The Political--that the essential organizing principle of society is the group distinction between friend/enemy delineated solely by the potential for existential conflict as defined and initiated by the sovereign--strikes me as antithetical "democratic" types or quadras. Or am I misunderstanding how aristocratic/democratic play out?
    Ok, but do you really think that the quadra values of types always manifest themselves neatly in a thought-out, expressed philosophy. Aren't quadra values more expressed in spontaneous behaviour.

I know LSIs, for example, who very much express philantropy as their values. The quadra values is something I read between the lines.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Ok, but do you really think that the quadra values of types always manifest themselves neatly in a thought-out, expressed philosophy. Aren't quadra values more expressed in spontaneous behaviour.
    I suspect particularly self-aware people might. What about the particular IEs, though. I know an ILI or two and while they can do Ti it makes them irritable and stressed, and they'd rather just get back to reading and citing things in a bibliography.

I know LSIs, for example, who very much express philantropy as their values. The quadra values is something I read between the lines.
    I have no context of what they mean by "philanthropy" so I don't think I can say anything. Most people, especially those in homogeneous communities, project their social circles onto the rest of mankind, so really it might just be caring for your own with sloppy language.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Schmitt - ESFP - Napoleon

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Carl Schmitt - ESFP - Napoleon

Interesting. Can you elaborate on why SEE?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many sub-variants of the ESFP type. Some of them are intellectuals with excellent educational background.
    You can find these people at high positions. e.g. ministers, prime ministers, head of secret service, head of fbi, lawyers, prosecutors, judges, investment advisors, university professors, doctors, diplomats, political commentators (like Stephen Colbert), CEOs ( like Jeff Bezos), writers etc.