Thread: VI eye movements

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI eye movements

Please do share any information you got!

How do IEs manifest themselves through eyes and eye movements?

Tell me if you think that some information out there are based on myths and misconceptions.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From an earlier post on the forum. I fit Ni best here - i tend to zone out and 'land' on particular spaces, with very little tunnel vision. I am mostly peripheral, with 'directed' and 'ballistic' changing somewhat.

- Tunnel Vision + Ballistic
    - Peripheral + Ballistic
    - Tunnel Vision + Directed
    - Peripheral + Directed

Directed = Always tending toward one object / point(looking for one thing).
    Ballastic = Always scanning the area(not knowing what to look for; seeing everything)
    Tunnel Vision = Tending towards keeping eyes on the object.
    Peripheral = Tending towards straying eyes to the side - the wider view.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ILIs have an expression in their eyes similar to the feeling of waking up next to a corpse. Some might call it a "thousand-yard stare", although "thousand-year stare" might be more appropriate. They can see things that no one else can see, and thus the abyss can be glimpsed in their eyes as it reflects back at you.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    From an earlier post on the forum. I fit Ni best here - i tend to zone out and 'land' on particular spaces, with very little tunnel vision. I am mostly peripheral, with 'directed' and 'ballistic' changing somewhat.

- Tunnel Vision + Ballistic
    - Peripheral + Ballistic
    - Tunnel Vision + Directed
    - Peripheral + Directed

Directed = Always tending toward one object / point(looking for one thing).
    Ballastic = Always scanning the area(not knowing what to look for; seeing everything)
    Tunnel Vision = Tending towards keeping eyes on the object.
    Peripheral = Tending towards straying eyes to the side - the wider view.

So how can i keep my eyes on one object and see everything at the same time?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    So how can i keep my eyes on one object and see everything at the same time?
    Ask user ''EyeSeeCold'', although i would guess that it means to always center back on the object, even while scanning the area.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cognitive Types has an interesting site about this. Maybe you have or haven’t heard about it, but worth mentioning.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the best way to suppose types by nonverbal is to use intuitive impressions from people

forget bs about "eye movements"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m not sure it’s type related. I mean it is your theory so you should look into patterns and get back to me. It sounds fascinating. My ESI aunt told me of her mom and brother having rapid eye movements. I believe my grandmother was possibly ESI or SEE. I have something of an anomaly to my eyes too. I have poor depth perception and was terrible in visual learning
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hypothesis: Ne, Se base squint their eyes much more often than Ne, Se creatives. Ni,Si inert subtypes are less prone to squint their eyes than other types.
    Last edited by myresearch; 05-26-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    the best way to suppose types by nonverbal is to use intuitive impressions from people

forget bs about "eye movements"
    Right and um, what indicators are you looking at with non-verbals, if not something like eye-movements? right their glowing auras tell you this.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. My mild /moderate myopia is totally type related even though every sibling has it to varying degree.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Right and um, what indicators are you looking at with non-verbals, if not something like eye-movements?
    intuition uses something in nonverbal, - what and how is not known. you see a human and try to guess what he expresses, with what trait associates more. should be more fine nonverbal, micro movements, nonverbal patterns. it's not primitive bs about eye-movements directions what you may read without intuition

VI is intuitive-nonverbal method, 1st of all. irrational impressions from people. alike when you understand what mood a man has - you see and get impression someone is sad - you do not think about his face muscles lenghths, but you have a general impression. the same with types traits in VI

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    intuition uses something in nonverbal, - what and how is not known. you see a human and try to guess what he expresses, with what trait associates more. should be more fine nonverbal, micro movements, nonverbal patterns. it's not primitive bs about eye-movements directions what you may read without intuition

VI is intuitive-nonverbal method, 1st of all. irrational impressions from people. alike when you understand what mood a man has - you see and get impression someone is sad - you do not think about his face muscles lenghths, but you have a general impression. the same with types traits in VI
    I don't really need tips on how to do this. I do it better than you.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K. When I'm driving, I move my eyes from side to side, this prevents tunnel vision. Back when I didn't do this, I would get tunnel vision. This is probably related to type. My mom also gets tunnel vision, and doesn't do this.

Gotta specifically say, I actually learned this trick online. Usually, I'm more directed and tunnel vision, but it's not good to tunnel vision on the highway.

I actually read the thread this time. My wizard powers strike again. (I was right in all that stuff.)

Also, my mom is a known wizard. She's like arch-magos level wizardry, so yeah, ILI. And I throw around terms like arch-magos level wizardry, but I'm not kidding. My only sadness is she doesn't understand why God keeps screwing her over. It's sad that this amazingly good person thinks her life is not good for reasons I won't understand, because she won't talk. The ILL I know talks more, and it's impressive to talk less than him.

I will also say, I'm amazing at the shell game. One way to make money is to find a guy with slow hands and have him try and beat the eyes. There's a reason I have photographic memory, and It's probably related to that. Also probably why I got away with no glasses in the back of the class for so long while being legally blind.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 05-28-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko