Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portraits by E. Filatova

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have noticed over the years that certain people look like carbon copies of other people (not blood related). People tell me that my youngest sister and I look very much alike. When we are together they just sort of stare at us for a long time. Maybe trying to place what it is that looks so similar. We a totally different types though. I cannot find one person in this thread that resembles me. I might not be objective enough to do this.

One thing I have noticed in people with strong Ni (irl) is they seem to have one eye that looks right through you and the other eye seems to be focused somewhere off in the distance. Not like a true lazy eye but something similar. It looks sort of hazy or unfocused/dreamy to me. Not sure if I am explaining it how I see it but I like the way it looks. I have seen it in a few people here too.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have noticed over the years that certain people look like carbon copies of other people (not blood related). People tell me that my youngest sister and I look very much alike. When we are together they just sort of stare at us for a long time. Maybe trying to place what it is that looks so similar. We a totally different types though. I cannot find one person in this thread that resembles me. I might not be objective enough to do this.

One thing I have noticed in people with strong Ni (irl) is they seem to have one eye that looks right through you and the other eye seems to be focused somewhere off in the distance. Not like a true lazy eye but something similar. It looks sort of hazy or unfocused/dreamy to me. Not sure if I am explaining it how I see it but I like the way it looks. I have seen it in a few people here too.
    Not in me that's for certain! I look completely at what I'm looking at.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Thanks to Maritsa I think I can now see my "vibe" in this image. I was too focused on external features before and had a hard time seeing myself in any male image.

Please do not quote.

Last edited by Aylen; 08-07-2015 at 04:50 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to Maritsa I think I can now see my "vibe" in this image. I was too focused on external features before and had a hard time seeing myself in any male image.

Please do not quote. This is me at 13. I was a bit of a wild child then.

External features? Care to elaborate?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    External features? Care to elaborate?
    I was trying to find more of an exact image match that didn't exist but I really haven't seen real life people who closely resemble any of those in the images. I had to take a step back and look at the overall look and vibe. Generally I go for overall vibe but somehow I was thinking that people VI on something more specific and that is why I am bad at it. I just wasn't sure what those specifics were.

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to find more of an exact image match that didn't exist but I really haven't seen real life people who closely resemble any of those in the images. I had to take a step back and look at the overall look and vibe. Generally I go for overall vibe but somehow I was thinking that people VI on something more specific and that is why I am bad at it. I just wasn't sure what those specifics were.
    I guess that there are similiraties based on face, body etc, yes. But you shouldn't watch that, but the vibe. Like for example the SEI namegiver Dumas. He really does give a vibe of a relaxed, jolly, fat dude does he not? Or an ESE vibe that has that stereotypical "granny" vibe(hint: not every granny is an ESE-that is a FACT ). But I guess that I see these things more clearly. I can also tell whether a man is good or bad news only by vibe.

Is this what we're supposed to do @Sol ?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If these pictures were shown to me at random, I would have no idea where to place them. Has anyone had another expert(who hasn't seen these) randomly group these pictures from facial features or vibes and correctly guess which type this group would most likely be?
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is this what we're supposed to do Sol ?
    You are supposed to analyse behavior, including nonverbal. The best way to analyse nonverbal behavior today is intuitive, - you just look and feel traits of types wich you may read in types and functions descriptions, and in intertype relations. No cosmic difficulty and no many words to decribe the method. The only things you need - practice and correct examples (or you'll need longer study on your own mistakes).
    Types versions you've gotten by inuitive impressions should fit good to theory of types and intertype relations. If you typed many people and correleation with theory is generally bad (ethics are best in mathematics, most duals give you aversion, etc), then types are wrong and you need improve your abbilities. Basic theory of Socionics works not bad, so the problem is in wrong types mostly.

As types examples you may use lists in my signature.
    But without clear knowing of your own type it's doubtful to type others by intuitive method good. To understand IR correctly is doubtfuly too. So it's harder for you to use this method, even having my examples. It's important for you to get clear version of your own type, preferably wich fits intertype theory with my examples of types and people in your life wich you typed yourself (give them tests, if you can).

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You are supposed to analyse behavior, including nonverbal. The best way to analyse nonverbal behavior today is intuitive, - you just look and feel traits of types wich you may read in types and functions descriptions, and in intertype relations. No cosmic difficulty and no many words to decribe the method. The only things you need - practice and correct examples (or you'll need longer study on your own mistakes).
    Types versions you've gotten by inuitive impressions should fit good to theory of types and intertype relations. If you typed many people and correleation with theory is generally bad (ethics are best in mathematics, most duals give you aversion, etc), then types are wrong and you need improve your abbilities. Basic theory of Socionics works not bad, so the problem is in wrong types mostly.

As types examples you may use lists in my signature.
    But without clear knowing of your own type it's doubtful to type others by intuitive method good. To understand IR correctly is doubtfuly too. So it's harder for you to use this method, even having my examples. It's important for you to get clear version of your own type, preferably wich fits intertype theory with my examples of types and people in your life wich you typed yourself (give them tests, if you can).
    Ah yes, there was this another thing I wanted to ask you. Actually two.

When you said that I reminded you of xLE, did you mean on the first sight(like in a super ego style) or was it an overall vibe(like in ego style)? Also:
    Why L? I haven't ever considered those...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When you said that I reminded you of xLE, did you mean on the first sight(like in a super ego style) or was it an overall vibe(like in ego style)?
    Not on 1st sight, certainly. Watched several minutes of several videos. That 2 types are main versions, but I have no sure opinion still about your type. Not only S-N, impressions from other preferences are contradictory too. If to exclude types I had no impressions of Fi types, no LSE, SLI, IEI. 9 types are left among possible, where *LE just lead.

Why L? I haven't ever considered those...
    Such impressions. Intuition processes are unconscious.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not on 1st sight, certainly. Watched several minutes of several videos. That 2 types are main versions, but I have no sure opinion still about your type. Not only S-N, impressions from other preferences are contradictory too. If to exclude types I had no impressions of Fi types, no LSE, SLI, IEI. 9 types are left among possible, where *LE just lead.

Such impressions. Intuition processes are unconscious.
    And AGAIN CD vs HP cognitive style. WTF!

If I doubt I'm an ExI-CD vs HP!
    If I doubt I'm an xEE-CD vs HP!
    If I doubt I'm an xLE-CD vs HP!

...at least I know where I'm at! Tbh, I highly suspect CD because, did you see that?, I use a lot of because. I use fairly high amount of otoh too, but I wouldn't say anywhere near because. Whether it's because, darum or in my own language...it's a lot!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And AGAIN CD vs HP cognitive style.
    Better to forget about Gulenko's fantasies based on Reinins' fantasies because those are very far from Jung and unproved, and to use only base theory like functions, dichotomies, model A partly, IR.

I highly suspect CD because, did you see that?
    I don't use this hypothesis.

To understand more your type, I reccomend you try to get impressions from types among my examples, - bloggers list at least. And then to think about your quadra and other IR. I could not to identify myself without IR in past, they help a lot.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better to forget about Gulenko's fantasies based on Reinins' fantasies because those are very far from Jung and unproved, and to use only base theory like functions, dichotomies, model A partly, IR.

I don't use this hypothesis.

To understand more your type, I reccomend you try to get impressions from types among my examples, - bloggers list at least. And then to think about your quadra and other IR. I could not to identify myself without IR in past, they help a lot.
    The problem is, I don't know enough people to use the IR method. So that could be a problem.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The problem is, I don't know enough people to use the IR method.
    Not many people are needed for excluding versions, - for example if you liked EII while EIE remembered as assholes - LSI is not your type. My lists may help too, as people in videos give impressions of IR.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Out of all the pics I'd say I look the most like these two the most (LII and SLI):
    li_010.jpgsp_001.jpg

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ummm... I definitely have those kind of moments. It looks so crafty that nobody takes me seriously. If they ever do but especially when I'm like this.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who loves this guy's expression? (I mean it's so ridiculous it's good.)

et_004.jpg

Most of the EIEs have interesting expressions but that guy takes the cake (the top left guy has the best hairdo though).

I also like a lot of the alpha LII and ESE expressions.

LII doom gaze:

li_006.jpg li_001.jpg

The guy on the left is Kafka's Russian twin:

es_001.jpg 2288_kafka_franz.jpg

There are a lot of hilarious expressions in these pictures in general. I am totally with the people who think some of this was faked. The second LII one I posted, for example, looks really forced, and so do a lot of the smiles on ESE, one SEE is Lady Gaga, the EIEs have rock star poses, and there are all the serial killers.

Unlike seemingly many people here, I don't look like any of the people on the first page, but then, I'm not a 70s Russian so what should I expect.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-18-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't think I look as angelic as these IEI's, but that's probably because of anxiety lol
    top left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think where James Earl Jones says "M" is a good depiction of the LII gaze of doom. I've never seen anybody read the alphabet so intensely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwrVw6Vsjw

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, since I have to pick ones that I think look like me due to peer pressure here we go:

This is the closest I can find to my expression according to my self-typing (yeah, it's on a dude because none of the women do this, but unsuccessfull Alphamale is a dude who picked a woman so whatever):

et_008.jpg

Here's the closest one according to what everyone conspires to type me:

Attachment 8768

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, I'm trying to find the silliest stereotypical ones for each type to make memes with, so how does everyone like my choices? If you don't like them, please give other recommendations. I'm largely ignoring the sex of the person chosen in terms of just things like expression, hairstyle, clothing, etc. so it might come out a bit unbalanced.

SEI: ILE: LII: ESE:

se_002.jpg Attachment 8770 Attachment 8771 Attachment 8772

LSI: EIE: SLE: IEI:

Attachment 8773 et_004.jpg fl_001.jpg te_007.jpg

ILI: SEE: ESI: LIE:

tp_004.jpg fr_002.jpg rf_002.jpg pt_004.jpg

EII: LSE: SLI: IEE:

ri_003.jpg ps_002.jpg sp_001.jpg ir_001.jpg

These people already have their pictures on the Internet being criticized, I think they might appreciate if we put them to a use like making memes instead. At any rate those people probably don't look like that anymore.

It seems like the last alpha dual couple is the odd one out and has to be gay

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    Anyways, I'm trying to find the silliest stereotypical ones for each type to make memes with, so how does everyone like my choices? If you don't like them, please give other recommendations. I'm largely ignoring the sex of the person chosen in terms of just things like expression, hairstyle, clothing, etc. so it might come out a bit unbalanced.

SEI: ILE: LII: ESE:

se_002.jpg Attachment 8770 Attachment 8771 Attachment 8772

LSI: EIE: SLE: IEI:

Attachment 8773 et_004.jpg fl_001.jpg te_007.jpg

ILI: SEE: ESI: LIE:

tp_004.jpg fr_002.jpg rf_002.jpg Attachment 8780

EII: LSE: SLI: IEE:

ri_003.jpg ps_002.jpg sp_001.jpg ir_001.jpg

These people already have their pictures on the Internet being criticized, I think they might appreciate if we put them to a use like making memes instead. At any rate those people probably don't look like that anymore.
    Do you hate SEIs?

Some of them are probably dead so I am sure they won't mind.

Edit: Ok, I replied while the other guy was there. That one is better. hahah

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

The new one one looks more like the SEIs I know, the other one still looks like he belongs with the SEIs but is a lot less stereotypical even if he's sillier. These are supposed to be used in sort of mocking ways, so I was deliberately trying to pick sort of not so pleasant ones. I also don't want the ghosts of Filatova's people after me

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Because I really need 3 of the same photo of myself in one post

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd say you look most similar to the ESI one but maybe I'm a little biased because I know you self type as ESI.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can someone find my Filatova twin? I'm a bit lazy right now to scan through all of the pictures to cross compare.

chips.jpg

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I don't look like any of these either.

Actually, I look like this guy:

Attachment 8790

So now I shall type ILI.

Miranda Kerr twin?
    Attachment 8791Attachment 8792

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Because I really need 3 of the same photo of myself in one post

You look most like the first one imo, but not enough to say you're the same type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    but that's probably because of anxiety
    Because 1) your type most probably is other, 2) treatment of anxiety may supress your external emotionality making hard to understand your type by nonverbality from photos/videos. Taking into account 2nd factor it's harder to decide is your type T or F, especially not having normal typing material like video.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Can someone find my Filatova twin? I'm a bit lazy right now to scan through all of the pictures to cross compare.
    Maybe these ones, perhaps. I think to a large extent, I'm getting vibes off whether they are smiling or not, or how I might imagine them smiling if they are not smiling, rather than necessarily any strong visual similarity. I thought some of the LIE ones might be potential "twins" for you.

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    ILI \ INTp
    SEE \ ESFp
    EII \ INFj

LSE \ ESTj

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh shit, I do look like that SEE!

Time to charm people into taking over the world!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Nvm I don't look like ANY of these pictures

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 666 View Post
    LIE is best match for that picture (I actually thought same when I saw photo on Facebook)
    But part of the filatova book is free to read online, and it posits that the functions currently in use affect facial expressions so everyone should theoretically VI as their own type only sometimes, which matches my findings
    This is hocus pocusy but it amuses me in light of the fact that I was with my cousin who is probably ESI.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(V)al(I)date me

loljk.png

don't quote pls
    Last edited by wasp; 08-12-2017 at 08:39 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    (V)al(I)date me

don't quote pls
    Can't will need better pictures not glamor
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Can't will need better pictures not glamor
    alright, Maritsa. you're lucky I'm mildly infatuated with you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    alright, Maritsa. you're lucky I'm mildly infatuated with you.

lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, new pic. Pigeonhole me please.

November, 2016.jpg

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI final

The single pic that I have where I'm actually sporting a smile, you dudes are going to pounce on it like "OMG you're an extravert"

does anyone require a side profile of my chin? LOL
    me:

ri_006.jpg
    ri_007.jpg
    ri_003.jpg
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-29-2017 at 05:41 AM.
    -

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast