0 Thread(s)

Default Article: The Mathematical Basis of Reinin Dichotomies

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Symmetric means there are an equal number of dichotomy traits in the group formed by one trait: half of extroverts are logical, half are ethical; half of merry types are asking, half are declaring, ect.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just made a video tutorial on how to combine and use the reinin dichotomies:
    http://youtu.be/bWz4IQ3jY0c

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Exodus; 10-20-2022 at 04:05 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

2 things are interesting: 1) logical basis for descriptions of RD as there is no reasonable still; 2) experimental basis.
    On now moment absence of these both makes RD totally untrusty and not acceptable for practical use. While using of such unproved and unlogical crap only rises mistakes in typing and harms image of Socionics.

The only reason they are used - Augustinavichiute gave them some descriptions based on her free flood of fantasy.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This info is way outdated, read this instead:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxs...ew?usp=sharing
    cool - i added a note about this updated info, and attached your PDF to the original article.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reinin dichotomies pyramid by @sindri - a visual representation of the Reinin dichotomies' structure in relation to each other.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received a question from Neptune, who later deleted their account, so I will respond here.

"Can you explain why it is necessary to use the Klein 4-group in order to get the Reinin dichotomies? NTp aren't multiplied (N*T*p), right?"

You can multiply dichotomies, as mentioned. In this example (N*T)*P = Democratic*P = Process. This has little to do with actual type behaviors, but it is a pretty simple and natural way of combining dichotomies and you might conjecture that it is semantically meaningful as well. The socion is actually not a Klein 4-group, nor is the group of dichotomies; the Klein 4-group is just the group you get when you take three dependent dichotomies like I/E, J/P, and static/dynamic (plus "null"). The full group of dichotomies is a four-dimensional vector space with 16 elements.

"Does your article prove the exact order of the functions in Model A? There are two groups with 8 elements, so what is order of the functions in that other group? Is a 16 component model necessary according to you?"

No, the group theory formulation does not determine the order. You could say the order of the functions is somewhat determined by information flow, but you could rearrange the functions somewhat, I like to think of Model A as a cube actually. I actually do think a 16 function model is necessary - the fact that there is no precise relationship between e.g. Ti and Si in Model A is a sign that it is incomplete. (i.e. Ti and Si have the same skew-relationship as Ti and Ni.)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

up-to-date version: https://wholesocionics.herokuapp.com/socionics_math

It turns out there are a few researchers in the Russian community working on some math stuff (VV Gut) but it seems to be fairly basic. Not sure they have looked at models very systematically.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@glam, have you seen my article explain how that pyramid works?