Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Taylor Swift's type (old discussions)

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Taylor Swift kind of reminds me of my sister I've always thought was ESFp > ESTp. They both have this kind of extreme blatant literalism that gets boring quick.
    I totally agree SEEs do this. They do. However, SEIs and ESEs do this so much that I want to literally and figuratively scream. Granted all the above types can be of varying degrees of intelligence and playfulness...it's the average and below average that I can't bear to deal with as they do it oh so well...and often...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typing her is kind of difficult, because she's such an easy target for justified venom.... known as being a heartbreaker manipulator of men, a total huge bitch, somebody that is just being an Illuminati Whore for money, etc.... (men go through women like potato chips too, and instead this is socially encouraged as them being alphas and self confident and in charge)

To be fair, I kind of feel sorry for her and think she gets bullied too much. Making fun of Taylor Swift feels like making fun of Twilight or something, it's too easy. Leave Taylor Swift alone! LoL but in all seriousness, I don't see why she can't be my Identical now... she does kind of remind me of girls in real life that I got along with really well, that I went over their houses and emotionally connected. My best str8 female friend is kind of like an Avril Lavigne/Taylor Swift hybrid.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    LoL but in all seriousness, I don't see why she can't be my Identical now... she does kind of remind me of girls in real life that I got along with really well, that I went over their houses and emotionally connected. My best str8 female friend is kind of like an Avril Lavigne/Taylor Swift hybrid.
    She's not irrational.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

after her Blank Space mania, I'm tempted to change my typing to LSI for her. There's lots of Beta-flavored Fe in her music ... and Se.

either an EIE with an overdeveloped SuperId image, or a more delicate and girly LSI (I kinda see her so/sp demanding some conformation to classic gender roles or smth).

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Dolphin - I really like her new album too, I think I posted about it on Facebook haha. I've always liked her and her music, and I saw SEI as the common typing years ago but I maaaybe think Se ego could work, she is actually really stiff (Ixxj) physically... I thought maybe IEI before but IEIs have a smooth mannerism.. she's actually so NOT smooth (awkward) hahaha... eek. I dunno though.. Definitely Fe valuing is all I can really be sure upon.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i thought she was a clear gamma SF.

i'm not really a fan of her music & i can see why she rubs people the wrong way, but i think despite this she's a smart, capable, strong-willed kind of person. she's someone whom the public has gotten to watch grow up and evolve from a teenage girl into a woman. as she has changed, so has the content & lyrics of her songs. over the last few years, you can see her becoming more emotionally mature, embracing positive messages for women/feminist ideas, etc.

a lot of the criticism directed Taylor's way is pretty much just sexist bullshit, and she's commented on this a lot in recent times:

http://mic.com/articles/104616/9-tim...-right-in-2014

"You're going to have people who are going to say, 'Oh, you know, like, she just writes songs about her ex-boyfriends,'" she told the hosts. "And I think frankly that's a very sexist angle to take. No one says that about Ed Sheeran. No one says that about Bruno Mars. They're all writing songs about their exes, their current girlfriends, their love life, and no one raises the red flag there."
    "I really resent the 'Be careful, buddy, she's going to write a song about you' angle, because it trivializes what I do," Swift told the Guardian. She also noted the way this constant stream of criticism has affected how her music is portrayed. According to Swift, her "dating life has become a bit of a national pastime" — and she's done with it. "I don't like it when headlines read 'Careful, Bro, She'll Write a Song About You,' because it trivializes my work," she said in an interview with Rolling Stone.
    "I think when it comes to females in the media, you'll see something that kind of upsets me, which is that females are pinned up against each other, more so than men," she said before a studio audience in Montreal. "One thing I do believe as a feminist is that in order for us to have gender equality we have to stop making it a girl fight, and we have to stop being so interested in seeing girls trying to tear each other down. It has to be more about cheering each other on, as women."
    http://time.com/3578249/taylor-swift-interview/
    My friend Ed [Sheeran], no one questions whether he writes everything. In the beginning, I liked to think that we were all on the same playing field. And then it became pretty obvious to me that when you have people sort of questioning the validity of a female songwriter, or making it seem like it’s somehow unacceptable to write songs about your real emotions—that it somehow makes you irrational and overemotional—seeing that over the years changed my view. It’s a little discouraging that females have to work so much harder to prove that they do their own things. I see Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea having to prove that they write their own raps or their own lyrics, and it makes me sad, because they shouldn’t have to justify it.
    I refuse to buy into these comparisons, because you don’t see it happening to men. All you seem to see is “Which New Mother Is Sexier?” “Who’s the Hotter Mama?” “Who’s Got The Better Booty?” If we continue to show young girls that they are being compared to other girls, we’re doing ourselves a huge disservice as a society. I surround myself with smart, beautiful, passionate, driven, ambitious women. Other women who are killing it should motivate you, thrill you, challenge you and inspire you rather than threaten you and make you feel like you’re immediately being compared to them. The only thing I compare myself to is me, two years ago, or me one year ago.
    Last edited by glam; 06-08-2015 at 05:35 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't write her own music --- a 90 year old Jewish LIE does. That's presumably true of 90% of pop-cultural phenomena though (aka. Bieber et al). ()

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough one to type. Seems like a Gamma SF to me (Off chance of ENTj simply because she seems to have an Ej temperament). Seems like Ti would annoy her and seems decently strong in Fe, but constantly 'cutting through it' with whatever she's personally feeling. Doesn't really smoke the Fe. Seems like Se in the ego and that a lot of Ne would annoy her as well. Always having to 'win' at relationships follows Se ego. SEE seems like the best out of no perfect choices. Could be convinced of other choices as well.
    Suomea

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Interesting take on Taylor being a possible Aspie. It kinda makes sense and makes her less unbearable.

http://www.shrinktank.com/a-psycholo...-swift-part-1/

http://www.shrinktank.com/a-psycholo...-swift-part-2/

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti-SLE 3w2 So/Sp.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree with Beta ST typings, EIE was a mistake

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    i thought she was a clear gamma SF.

i'm not really a fan of her music & i can see why she rubs people the wrong way, but i think despite this she's a smart, capable, strong-willed kind of person. she's someone whom the public has gotten to watch grow up and evolve from a teenage girl into a woman. as she has changed, so has the content & lyrics of her songs. over the last few years, you can see her becoming more emotionally mature, embracing positive messages for women/feminist ideas, etc.

a lot of the criticism directed Taylor's way is pretty much just sexist bullshit, and she's commented on this a lot in recent times:

What makes these specific quotes indicative of Gamma SF?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XSI.

I lean LSI, but I can't put my finger on exactly why other than gut instinct.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aggressor/Beta extrovert:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234