Thread: What is this person's type

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What is this person's type

-
    Last edited by Reyne; 03-30-2020 at 08:04 PM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESxp guys are not that dramatic in my experience. I hate dramatic guys and I have gotten along pretty well with SEE/SLE. I have issues telling the difference between SEE and SLE but I feel like SEE is more likely to get in fights/lose their temper and is probably less cerebral. SLE is more likely to try to argue themselves out of a situation using their own brand of logic. Also I think SLEs care about rules and social standards; the SEE guys I know tend not to care so much.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    He notices me too and tries to get very personal;
    I keep him emotionally distant;
    He continues trying to get very personal in a way that seems suspicious to me;
    He doesn't understand/wants to undersand and asks something or tells something very personal and stupid...
    This sounds very Fi. Fi is very aware of psychological distances, and being Se leading would make him proactive in trying to bridge such distances. Fi especially tries to get closer to others via personal disclosures. I don't think that is how SLEs get closer to other people, but an SLE should feel free to correct me, obviously.

I'm not generally well practiced in distinguishing SEEs and SLEs though--I don't know many of them, and I only have a good handle of identifying types of which I know many people. I actually came here looking for insight into figuring out an SxE I know.

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    ESxp guys are not that dramatic in my experience. I hate dramatic guys and I have gotten along pretty well with SEE/SLE.
    Isn't it possible that you just like your duals/semi-duals? Perhaps SEEs and SLEs are producing the same general behavior, but this behavior leads OP to describe them in this way, but you simply would never have described their original behavior in this way. Then it's still possible for OP to perceive true SxEs to be this dramatic, while you do not.

I have issues telling the difference between SEE and SLE but I feel like SEE is more likely to get in fights/lose their temper and is probably less cerebral. SLE is more likely to try to argue themselves out of a situation using their own brand of logic. Also I think SLEs care about rules and social standards; the SEE guys I know tend not to care so much.
    I know an LSI who is prone to getting into fights (the most prone out of everyone I know), so I am not sure that SEE is more likely than SLE to get into fights.

I also balk at labeling SEE as less cerebral. Perhaps they are less cerebral in the sense that they are not as interested in knowledge for its own sake as their Logical counterparts, but their Te HA could make them very enthusiastic about cerebral topics and do a lot of cerebral things for the sake of their overall goals (i.e., maybe they don't have cerebral motivations but can produce very cerebral behavior). It seems very dependent on the individual.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    This sounds very Fi. Fi is very aware of psychological distances, and being Se leading would make him proactive in trying to bridge such distances. Fi especially tries to get closer to others via personal disclosures. I don't think that is how SLEs get closer to other people, but an SLE should feel free to correct me, obviously.

I'm not generally well practiced in distinguishing SEEs and SLEs though--I don't know many of them, and I only have a good handle of identifying types of which I know many people. I actually came here looking for insight into figuring out an SxE I know.

Isn't it possible that you just like your duals/semi-duals? Perhaps SEEs and SLEs are producing the same general behavior, but this behavior leads OP to describe them in this way, but you simply would never have described their original behavior in this way. Then it's still possible for OP to perceive true SxEs to be this dramatic, while you do not.

I know an LSI who is prone to getting into fights (the most prone out of everyone I know), so I am not sure that SEE is more likely than SLE to get into fights.

I also balk at labeling SEE as less cerebral. Perhaps they are less cerebral in the sense that they are not as interested in knowledge for its own sake as their Logical counterparts, but their Te HA could make them very enthusiastic about cerebral topics and do a lot of cerebral things for the sake of their overall goals (i.e., maybe they don't have cerebral motivations but can produce very cerebral behavior). It seems very dependent on the individual.

I mean, I know a lot of male SEEs - they usually have ADHD, like to speed a lot on the road, love to party, smoke weed. They can be cerebral I guess but I don't know any particularly cerebral ones. Their interests often involve sports, video games, and sometimes traveling. I know less SLEs but they seem more likely to hold one job for a long period of time, more patient, and less volatile. Also: To me being dramatic = shouting a lot, getting in arguments for no reason, taking revenge against a significant other, exaggerating things to gain sympathy or gain something (e.g telling the doctor you're in immense pain just to get more painkillers)

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, I know a lot of male SEEs - they usually have ADHD, like to speed a lot on the road, love to party, smoke weed. They can be cerebral I guess but I don't know any particularly cerebral ones. Their interests often involve sports, video games, and sometimes traveling. I know less SLEs but they seem more likely to hold one job for a long period of time, more patient, and less volatile. Also: To me being dramatic = shouting a lot, getting in arguments for no reason, taking revenge against a significant other, exaggerating things to gain sympathy or gain something (e.g telling the doctor you're in immense pain just to get more painkillers)
    That sounds like a v reasonable definition of being dramatic, but OP didn't say his SxE does any of that stuff.

You definitely have more experience with SxEs, so I am inclined to defer to your opinion. Perhaps the cerebral SEE I have in mind is not actually SEE.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE often fills the role of a reckless hero/champion (think Rambo), SLE often fills the role of the villain/tyrant/bully (Think Negan from the TWD).

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nearly all the people I hated and who hated me are Se leading. This makes sense, since I probably got creative Ne. The problem is that I can't tell whether they value Fi or Fe. I'll only describe one of these people a little bit, since they all seem to be clones.

Everything he does is overly intense and dramatic. He's super social and is very good at expressing his emotions. It seems like he doesn't care about rules. He just does everything because he feels like doing it. All he cares about is his looks, his money, his close ones and extreme physical pleasures. He's a narcissist.
    I'm not saying he's objectively a horrible person (even though he actually is), so don't get offended if you can relate to him. This thread may offend SEEs/SLEs, I know, but this behaviour just gets on my nerves, and I want to understand who my conflictor is.

My conversations with him were like this:

I see him, and act like I didn't;
    I give signals that I don't give a thing about him;
    He doesn't understand/wants to undersand and asks something or tells something very personal and stupid;
    I facepalm and try to not insult him (it doesn't always work).

So yeah... what could his type be?
    Your guy is an ESTp.

An ESFp is going to read your signals loud and clear and they have more awareness of personal and social boundries generally. This description you made iberall sounds like how LII and SLE relationships typically go.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want to add that I think you should be cautious typing yourself this way. SEE and SLEs, moreso SLEs, tend to conflict with many more types then just their conflictors. Just because you got rubbed the wrong way by one does not mean you are XII. Even their duals can hate them sometimes.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I want to add that I think you should be cautious typing yourself this way. SEE and SLEs, moreso SLEs, tend to conflict with many more types then just their conflictors. Just because you got rubbed the wrong way by one does not mean you are XII. Even their duals can hate them sometimes.
    Yeah I agree with this. It can often be just point-blank rude behavior you have to call them on. I find this post funny too, because OP's list of how the conversations with this guy goes, is exactly how my conversations with guys go - but I have the complete opposite reaction. I love the cat-and-mouse game. Like what's wrong with someone being friendly and asking questions? I usually pretend I don't like it but I really don't care, so it becomes a funny push-pull game. How would you rather the conversations went, OP?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather the conversation to not even start. If I hate him, and he hates me (and we both know) it just doesn't make sense to talk. He thinks I'm boring and cold, I think he's stupid and loud. It's just meaningless talk. I understand it that he's super social and wants to be loved by everyone, and not being liked by me pisses him of, but I really don't see the point, since we never get along and fight over stupid arguments.

It's like a lame labrador trying to play with a pissed cat.
    I guess I just don't get how you can hate someone just for being loud and arrogant. Those types of people crack me up lol!

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Hah, yeah true, I've noticed that too. Although hate is to strong a word maybe "cringe" would work better.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I just don't get how you can hate someone just for being loud and arrogant. Those types of people crack me up lol!
    All the better ones (SLE) have a smoother kind of arrogance then the variety the sterotypes discuss. Arrogance is a quality I associate more-so with: ILE, SLI, LIE and sometimes LII and SEE.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather the conversation to not even start. If I hate him, and he hates me (and we both know) it just doesn't make sense to talk. He thinks I'm boring and cold, I think he's stupid and loud. It's just meaningless talk. I understand it that he's super social and wants to be loved by everyone, and not being liked by me pisses him of, but I really don't see the point, since we never get along and fight over stupid arguments.

It's like a lame labrador trying to play with a pissed cat.
    Sounds like supervision relations when you mention him wanted to play with you and you not responding with Fe. This is usually how none Se people feel about that visceral impulsiveness (different then the childish Ne type).

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's super social and is very good at expressing his emotions.
    SEE seems a bit more likely- strong, demonstrative Fe. But could be SLE- they do have Fe in the mobilizing position.

It seems like he doesn't care about rules.
    Could be either type. Again, I think SEE might be slightly more likely because Ti is the function most associated with 'rules' and SEE does have that as their vulnerable function. But SLEs I know, also hate having rules imposed on them. They are Se leads after all. What I find with SLE is they will more likely follow their own rules or the ones that suit them but not necessarily rules imposed or set up by others. SEE seems more inclined to avoid rules altogether.

He doesn't understand/wants to undersand and asks something or tells something very personal and stupid;

So yeah... what could his type be?
    Well Fi creative would be inclined to try to get more personal in order to establish a closer relation and may do it in a more forceful manner- Se+Fi. On the other hand, SLE has Fi vulnerable so may have trouble interpreting psychological distance or try to get 'personal' in an awkward less appropriate way- which does describe this person to some extent.

Not much to go on here. I lean slightly towards SEE but SLE is certainly possible for this person.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried killing him ? It can solve your problems with the guy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE is more comfortable around human relations. you probably have an sle here
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs are sort of quiet and introverted, a bit mysterious, I think, mostly cause they don’t tell much. SEEs can be loud and slutty, but most are just sweet. SLEs focus on Ti. SEEs on ethics. SLEs are playing up their intellect maybe. SEEs play up their caring. There are exceptions, I guess. It might look a bit different in a lower level of society (lower social economic class). SLE values there might be less intellectual and more "rough".

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@ConcreteButterfly had some great observations in this thread/post.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    ESTps
    - energy is more contained (especially in the males)
    - more likely to use shock humor/be politically incorrect
    - care about rank ()
    - need to be "useful", unlikely to delegate their work to others
    - real emotions are often hidden, longer lasting
    - doesn't inquire into the motives of others
    - better able to focus on a goal and achieve it
    - thoughts and conversations are logical and sequential.
    - somewhat flashier in terms of clothing/hairstyle ( HA)

ESFp:
    - more diplomatic
    - energy is more "loose"
    - often very loud, vital and present
    - their emotions are strong and easily detectable, but often temporary
    - often delegates work, desire to ease their own work load
    - more openly curious about others
    - less able to focus on a goal. can be distracted by people.
    - thoughts and conversations are often illogical and scattered (can seem like ENFps)
    - their clothing and hairstyle is more practical ( HA)
    - much more likely to boast, especially about timely actions

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think in a very simple way, the SEE will probably be more likeable to a wider variety of people than SLE is. Often SLEs will do fucked up things with only IEIs defending them because they are attracted to the specific SLE in question. It's like you know what they are doing is wrong, but they are hot and protect your weak points so good you kinda can't help but overlook it. lol. =/

SLEs often come across as chummy and emotional-like, (but maybe superficially so) and not really strong logical types, because their Te is demonstrative, not egoic. So I can see the confusion... but basically I'd say SEEs are better at getting more people to like them or something, whereas an SLE - everybody kinda ends up hating their guts except for their IEI who just wrote a love letter to them in prison.

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How sure are you these people are actually Se Leading? Because when I read your description my mind instantly went to EIE. And considering you're ILI it would make more sense to not get along with Fe Leading types than Se Leading types.
    There is only imagination. It has absorbed you so completely that you just cannot grasp how far from reality you have wandered. No doubt imagination is richly creative. Universe upon universe are built on it. Yet they are all in space and time, past and future, which just don't exist. ~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Reyne - looked at this thread of yours too.

Your criticism of these people in OP sounds like you are coming at it from a Rational standpoint, specifically Ij and it seems very Ti to me with devalued Se. Would be consistent with the LII typing, tbh.

Everything he does is overly intense and dramatic. He's super social and is very good at expressing his emotions.
    Probably 4D Fe type.

It seems like he doesn't care about rules. He just does everything because he feels like doing it. All he cares about is his looks, his money, his close ones and extreme physical pleasures. He's a narcissist.
    Ti concerns, disliking Se. Really in a totally stereotypical way, lol.

What happens if you insult him?

Anyway, it seems like Ti/Fi conflict. Your constant emphasizing of how personal this person seems to get in a way which makes no sense for you (I think this is typical Fi role) and then you also judge his intelligence probably also because you are already irritated about how the whole interaction makes no sense...? Also, yeah, you don't like how he doesn't want to understand, suspiciously stereotypical Ti criticism of Ti PoLR lol.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulLie View Post
    How sure are you these people are actually Se Leading? Because when I read your description my mind instantly went to EIE. And considering you're ILI it would make more sense to not get along with Fe Leading types than Se Leading types.
    EIE doesn't contact people in that very personal way.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst
    When he saw anger he just stopped and went to another place. But I never insulted him without a reason. He said and did some very lame stuff.
    The anger part is what I don't know if it fits with LII. The way I've seen LIIs get angry and express it is a quite specific way of doing so. But I would have to see you IRL for that.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

How does a stereotypical LII express anger? Would an LII ever get to the point of getting physically violent?
    Anyone can...

As for LII anger, note this is my pov colouring it, but I've seen them as pretty upset, more emotional than focused in their aggression. If this makes sense.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm back to thinking I'm SLE. The negative traits and behaviours of SLE fit me far better than the SEE ones, as much as it pains me

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

See I'm not SEE, people usually likes me. Nobody hates me except for bossy greedy people

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    See I'm not SEE, people usually likes me. Nobody hates me except for bossy greedy people
    Could be due to many things but if you do this because of your natural way of being it is creative .

If you are creative then it is the most retarded I have ever seen. Seriously.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it all goes to Fi v Ti creative. Fi creative uses its attitudes to influence outcomes towards its aims judged in a Te sense. In other words SEE judges their self esteem in light of their ability to leverage their attitudes in order to accomplish goals (Te mobilizing). All of this is viewed through the lens of Se which is power sensing. What that means is SEE is oriented at securing "territory" via creatively expressing their attitude towards things, and bases its self esteem on how successful it is at doing that

Ti creative is more securing territory by establishing a Ti order in the minds of those around, so instead of trying to transmit values and attitudes and thus shared "relationships" in terms of ethics, it does so by propagating logical interpretations and schemes, but it judges its own self esteem not in terms of its own ability to meet its goals, but in how its received by the environment emotionally (Fe--remind you of anyone?)... in this way you could say everything they do is in some sense at the behest of the group "ethical request"

at its most general, and from the outside, they're both trying to conquer via subordinating others to "rational" schema of their creation, one just does it in a more emotive/ethical/relational sense, the other in a more logical/strict/hierarchical way

the way you can determine that, if you're struggling, is by looking at quadral values. SLE is more social hierarchy (Ti/Fe) i.e aristocratic, whereas SEE is democratic. SEE is more interested in real fairness not as a buzzword, inasmuch as such a thing is possible. SLE is likely to use notions of fairness in a subjective coercive manner in order to implement a decidedly "unfair" hierarchy in terms of rights and privileges. Each side in some sense will accuse the other of being guilty of this, because they have fundamentally opposing definitions of what "fair" looks like. You can think of it like this: over time SLE would slide into rigid potentially brutal authoritarianism, whereas SEE would devolve into disorganized limitless jockeying by every tom dick and harry with no clear hierarchy beyond the case each individual can make for their own rightness
    Last edited by Bertrand; 07-29-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Could be due to many things but if you do this because of your natural way of being it is creative .

If you are creative then it is the most retarded I have ever seen. Seriously.
    Hahaha. It's fun being a retarded Ti though.

I'm an intuitive you know. Why? Should i described how awful sensors are?

Sensors are boring people who just literally say what they wanna say. They don't really connect with people that much. They think they're connecting with people when they give them gifts. But that's not just the way it is. You connect with people through bonding. You'll be always be there for them. You understand them. You connect with them. You have fun with them.

It's connection. Real connection.

Sensors be like: okay let's be a robot. I think if i should say i love you, he'll know that i love him. But not really act that they love the person.

It's more than words. Action speaks louder than words.

Even on facebook, you could be online friends. Fuck that shit. Fuxk i even mentioned that. But that's just one of the awful sample how people fake their life trying to hide their flaws to everyone. Creating a false facade for everyone to see online atleast online they're good. But well it's their life and idgaf. I just notice it. Sensors wouldn't notice stuffs like that.

I'm an intuitive.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    it all goes to Fi v Ti creative. Fi creative uses its attitudes to influence outcomes towards its aims judged in a Te sense. In other words SEE judges their self esteem in light of their ability to leverage their attitudes in order to accomplish goals (Te mobilizing). All of this is viewed through the lens of Se which is power sensing. What that means is SEE is oriented at securing "territory" via creatively expressing their attitude towards things, and bases its self esteem on how successful it is at doing that

Ti creative is more securing territory by establishing a Ti order in the minds of those around, so instead of trying to transmit values and attitudes and thus shared "relationships" in terms of ethics, it does so by propagating logical interpretations and schemes, but it judges its own self esteem not in terms of its own ability to meet its goals, but in how its received by the environment emotionally (Fe--remind you of anyone?)... in this way you could say everything they do is in some sense at the behest of the group "ethical request"

at its most general, and from the outside, they're both trying to conquer via subordinating others to "rational" schema of their creation, one just does it in a more emotive/ethical/relational sense, the other in a more logical/strict/hierarchical way

the way you can determine that, if you're struggling, is by looking at quadral values. SLE is more social hierarchy (Ti/Fe) i.e aristocratic, whereas SEE is democratic. SEE is more interested in real fairness not as a buzzword, inasmuch as such a thing is possible. SLE is likely to use notions of fairness in a subjective coercive manner in order to implement a decidedly "unfair" hierarchy in terms of rights and privileges. Each side in some sense will accuse the other of being guilty of this, because they have fundamentally opposing definitions of what "fair" looks like. You can think of it like this: over time SLE would slide into rigid potentially brutal authoritarianism, whereas SEE would devolve into disorganized limitless jockeying by every tom dick and harry with no clear hierarchy beyond the case each individual can make for their own rightness
    Well i can be Fi because I'm an emphat.

But not really a sensor.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Lol Hahahahahahahha xD sorry. Here's a kiss 😘

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Rambly enough with enough subjective Ethical evaluations to be IEE yah

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My mom is SEE and stepdad is SLE. They're pretty different, but similar. SEE is kinda manipulative, SLE is more direct with what they want (though they're both pretty forceful in general). SEE cares WAY more about being liked. SLE is more likely to call someone out for being stupid or wasting time/money/whatever. SEE seems more go with the flow, silly, fun. SEE is more emotionally open and smiles freely. SLE tries to keep composure usually. I think VI is a good way to tell them apart. They look pretty different. SEE is way more emotive and trying to connect with an audience. SLE can have a "don't fuck with me" look a lot of the times.

Disclaimer: Mom (SEE) is E7, Stepdad (SLE) is E8, so my idea of an SEE is going to be quite a free spirit and my idea of SLE is going to be a bit of an asshole. I do know a lot of other SLEs though. One in particular is much more chill than most because he is E7. You have your 7 type SLEs who are really chill, but generally composed unless excited about a topic. Your 8 type SLEs who are usually calm but can be kinda dickish. And you have your CP 6 SLEs who are pretty volatile and care more about people in general.