Thread: Subtype Effects Dual Seeking Function

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype Effects Dual Seeking Function

My brain is buzzing so quickly that I need to get all of this down and have my sources before I forget. Dual-seeking function is always talked about. Naturally, we are always going to be seeking out our dual seeking function. HOWEVER, I want to discuss how our subtype seriously effects the input or need for our dual seeking function.

After the Ne seeking vs Se seeking thread and the erotic attitudes threads that have been popin the last couple days. It has got me seriously thinking about the impact of subtypes and the dual seeking function.

I need Ne. I have discussed my liking for my dual seeking function. I naturally search it out and I am pretty responsive to it unconsciously whether I like it or not. However, I often struggled more with my semi dual rather then my mirage partner. If I am so Ne dual seeking, I would respond really well to an IEE naturally. Especially cause irrationals do better with semi-duals then mirages. However, I seem to respond better with my mirages. Why is that?

I have been sensitive about two things: my logic and my intuition. However, I am much more sensitive with my logic then I am my intuition. It is really important for me to be logically sound in my reasoning's and I feel the most sensitive when my intelligence is questioned then my intuition. I need more logical grounded reasoning then I need my head up in the clouds despite valuing and wanting both. I am neurotic as crap and having Ne show my options is great, having that Ti logic to ground me adds more soothing. I naturally look for Ti in life as I do Ne. However, I need Ne diffused with heavy Ti to accept both my dual seeking function through my hidden agenda. A SEI-Si will need much heavier Ne in comparison to me, a SEI-Fe.

I find Ti valuing men extremely attractive. I find heavy Ti-Ne men the most attractive then Ti-Se. In my posts, I think I come across feely but, I am also trying to find and get my logical point across and it heavily showing my need to be guided and signal Ti.

In the erotic thread. @PinKDiGiT18 and @FreelancePoliceman discuss their erotic attitudes as Infantiles. Both are Ne subtype. I have noticed with both of them is that they respond quicker to Si and express needing that grounding first then their dual seeking functions of Fe and Te. I have noticed that they both mention Si like signaling things and then Fe and Te like signaling things. In the thread, they both heavily enjoy needing to go at certain paces and feeling that Si heaviness to bring them down to the earth. I heavily noticed this when Pink was getting Te from her ILI mom and that is her creative function, she responds to it but, it is not as warm as she is to Si. Pink also mentions her attraction to SEI despite them being Fe/Ni valuers.

My buddy @BandD has always expressed his need for more direction and assertion from Se. As an IEI-Ni dom, in his posts he seems to always be signaling this Se dual seeking function in someway FIRST and THEN discussing the ethical aspects of Fe. I remember in the ethical thread you always seem to mention the needing of strong Se first and then END with something in discussion of Fe that you need in SLE's.

@Adam Strange is a LIE-Te. In his posts, they are always very logically structured however, I have noticed that logical lead with logic but always come from caring place or wanting to come from a place of ethics. With your posts on ESI's you always focus on the ethical aspects of them first and then you mention that Se directness that you need from them. Also, from your posts, even when they are very logical, I have noticed that there is an underlining signaling of Fi more then Se when it comes to wanting and caring about others in your own personal view of ethics.

Edit: Also, @Stray Cat, we shortly discussed the aspect of IEI-Fe and IEI-Ni and how interacting with a SLE-Ti effects the absorption of his dual seeking function of Ni in the erotic attitudes thread.

AKA, Depending on our subtype, I think it heavily matters what our dual seeking function is being heavily filtered through. I think this should be taken into consideration when discussing dual seeking function.

Anyway, these are my thoughts. If you made it through my posts, congrats! I know my posts are long but, here it is.
    Last edited by MissDucki; 07-10-2021 at 11:53 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought irrationals do better with mirage and rationals with semi-dual?

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    You are correct! I was just thinking, that why is that though? Rationals do better with semi-duals because they get their natural dual seeking that they need, espically if they are a rational sub type. Personally, I have always responded very well to SLE-Ti then SLE-Se. I can get along with both but SLE-Ti interaction is far beyond better for me then SLE-Se. For a SEI-Fe it is very smooth. I like to think that the stronger we are naturally tied to our dual seeking function as a subtype, the more we are going to see out a personality to correspond to that like may rationals do with semi-duals and irrationals seeking a mirage of the irrational correspondence.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I think subtype affects this as well - there is great verbal understanding between me and LIEs, but having grown up around them, I know we would not function well on the day-to-day as a couple. I need Si, and can say with confidence that if I couldn’t have a dual, I would want an ESE-Si for a partner.

However, the EII-Fis I have known typically do not consider lack of Si in a partner a dealbreaker. They enjoy it, sure, but if necessary they can live without someone always trying to give them Si support.

If I encounter Benefit marriages where one of the partners is a base subtype, the likelihood is that the base subtype will be the Beneficiary and a creative subtype the Benefactor. Why? I think it’s because the creative subtype has more immediate informational attraction to their Hidden Agenda, and the base subtype to their suggestive - each respectively being the complementary function to their subtype.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes sense to seek perfect duality. Duality is about having your functions complimented not about romance. I love Ni when it isn't calculated or rooted in some sort of self interest. Whether we admit it or not, romantic relationships are usually utilitarian in nature. Basically, we are unconsciously using that person to fulfill a psychological need.

If you believe it best to pursue relationships for perfect duality, I say you should go for it. You gotta do what's actually best for you & socionics might only be part of that equation.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@MissDucki

Yeah I feel the most romantic and sexual chemistry with SLE-Se which is also the type of SLE most likely to get in trouble and evoke the ire of LSE-Te courtroom judges and be thrown in prison lol. =/ But it makes sense.

However I think a lot of relationships can work for various NTR and type related reasons. It can be complicated. Yes, 'on paper' a SLE-Se dual is perfect for me but we also have to both already be attracted to each other, both available, have compatible values, both going in a similar direction in life etc. But I'm glad you respect me being IEI-Ni. Some people have thought I was IEI-Fe because I can use the gay thing + upbeat energy for comedic effect so well at times, but if you met me in real life you would really see how I'm IEI-Ni and not IEI-Fe lol.

If you want to feel less neurotic and have more brain harmony- I think it starts even sometimes with just looking for temperament compatibility. Exxps with Ixxps and Exxjs with Ixxjs. This is why I can often feel quite comfortable and relaxed with ENFps over ENFjs even though one is in my quadra and the other is from my opposing quadra. /rubs @Kim . Identical temperaments can also be quite good together which is why me and you get along! (both ixxps)

The problem comes more for though when they realize their Delta values when a stern LSE-Te enters the room and they side with them more than me even though IEEs are quite good at pretending to be super balanced with everything. So that's one more complicated 'no/and/if/but' scenerio that changes the dynamic. And likewise - one on one my mirrors (EIE) can be kind of uncomfortable & prickly but I will realize their objective Beta values and it will be more refreshing.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    You are correct! I was just thinking, that why is that though? Rationals do better with semi-duals because they get their natural dual seeking that they need, espically if they are a rational sub type. Personally, I have always responded very well to SLE-Ti then SLE-Se. I can get along with both but SLE-Ti interaction is far beyond better for me then SLE-Se. For a SEI-Fe it is very smooth. I like to think that the stronger we are naturally tied to our dual seeking function as a subtype, the more we are going to see out a personality to correspond to that like may rationals do with semi-duals and irrationals seeking a mirage of the irrational correspondence.
    I agree with this and it seems to align with what I've seen happen IRL.
    As for the general phenomenon, I've assumed that it just has to do with the T/F axis complementing itself in a relationship. This is because that axis has a lot to do with how we relate with others, while N/S seems more related with how we view things. (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Now I'm not sure if it's just me, but even as a irrational base subtype, if I had to choose one requirement for most of my relationships: Fe/Ti valuation or Se/Ni valuation, I would choose Fe/Ti without a doubt. i just like da merry.