Thread: What is your favourite (and most accurate) enneagram test and what's your tritype?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool What is your favourite (and most accurate) enneagram test and what's your tritype?

My top types are always 4,5,7 and 9. After reading about tritypes I identified a lot with the 459 (at least a year ago I did) It's supposedly a triple withdrawn type, I do feel like that at my worst but maybe that's what I feel like when I'm blind by my negative emotions. There's a very unstable and scattered aspect of myself so I may be a 4 or 7.

What is a good unbiased/objective enneagram test (besides eclectic energies) that I can retake now after 1,5 years?

Apparently tritypes are composed of head (mental/higher faculties), heart (feelings and emotions) and gut (instinctual) tryads. Each of this personal aspects of yourself have different enneagram types, but at the same time they can't contradict themselves so you have a group of three types/choices for each aspect. Do you believe in tritypes? If so what's yours?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I actually paid for the official test once, and I enjoyed taking it. It does have a different vibe compared to the other tests. My result was 5w4 sx/sp. I'm not sure I believe that today, but it was still fun to take.

If you know enough about the theory, all tests are useless, because you always know where the question is aiming, and it's too easy to bias yourself. Just read Character and Neurosis by Claudio Naranjo. It's the best book on the Enneagram I've ever seen. None of the other books come close, because it doesn't seem as liable to use shortcuts and stereotypes. It provides a full picture of all the types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    If you know enough about the theory, all tests are useless, because you always know where the question is aiming, and it's too easy to bias yourself. Just read Character and Neurosis by Claudio Naranjo. It's the best book on the Enneagram I've ever seen. None of the other books come close, because it doesn't seem as liable to use shortcuts and stereotypes. It provides a full picture of all the types.
    I completely agree with you. But it's still fun to pretend we're getting to know ourselves deeper and better. Thank you for the suggestion! I'll see if I can find it on libgen.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion, Aramas. I looked it up on Amazon and got distracted by a book called The Enneagram of Eating. Tempted to buy it just to see...

Back to the topic, 3w4-5-8, tentatively. Don't know how to respond to my belief about tritypes.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gotten the same primary type and wing for many years on every test, being 4w5. Actually, a couple times last year I did get 5, but I think there was a pretty good reason behind that lol. I do agree that tests aren't all that though and learning the system is best. 4 undoubtedly fits me best, but I'm now unsure on wing and definitely unsure on tritype. Here is a test with 300 questions, I can't honestly say how good it is https://sakinorva.net/test/rowe#my_results , but it will rate you on all of the types.

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tests aren't accurate. don't waste time on them. if you don't know yourself, tests won't help you. and if you know yourself, reading descriptions would be enough, effective and accurate to determine your types.

Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BudgieEnthusiast View Post
    https://app.trueself.io/

My tritype is 163. I really like this test but don't know how accurate it is.
    Wasn't accurate for me, got 594 despite being 749 afaik. The original test was better but it's also longer.
    https://enneagramtritypetest.com/enneagram-test/
    note that you can put anything for the personal info section; i don't think it actually affects your scores

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 279. I don’t know how tri-types work, so I can’t really say if that’s accurate.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my 12 year old daughter take this for me to be ‘objective’. Lol. I usually get 946, or some combo of those, on these tests myself. She got 531 for herself, which I think seems accurate, too. So overall, it seems like a good test to me!

Last edited by Aster; 05-21-2021 at 12:38 AM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked this one. Going by the pictures was unique and fun. I scored 6-3-1 sx/sp/so.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding paid instincts test, the Russ Hudson one identified my correct stacking while the Fauvres’ one only got the primary right

I don’t trust any other instinct tests bc they go off of Naranjo’s sketch of subtypes which I don’t fit and prob several people don’t

Ironically I think I would have more potential towards what Naranjo and Beatrice Chestnut consider(ed) typical sexual 4 behavior if I were actually healthy, although I’d think I would restrain even if I had such proclivities.

right now I don’t bc I’m realizing now I’ve distrusted certain aspects of my perception my whole life and that it was mistaken. And other issues that kind of culminate in fractured sense of self due to tolerating unfair treatment that hurt me. Not abuse outright. And then recently there was abuse too.

anyways so sometimes you’re so “unhealthy” you kind of become incapable of acting in that way (the chestnut sx 4 profile) and more likely than not end up falling prey to things that damage you further only bc the protective barriers weren’t there to begin with (on a fundamental level you defer to other and don’t trust your perception about certain things - no it’s not just enneagram 6. 6 involves actually being aware of your thoughts and doubting it - not even knowing precisely what they are to begin with is another matter entirely and causes identity diffusion, I think the bad kind). And the unintentional self-harm in the form of self-gaslighting (due to combo of factors, some of which I mentioned) drives the nail in deeper. Someone this damaged has no self esteem to protect or act “drama Queen” at the behest of if you will, or as a protection for it. They have given up to begin with.

I wouldn’t really be capable of that drama Queen thing anyways even if healthy. My personality/essence is something else

anyways yeah

i will say though it severely restricts my ability to counter someone even when they have it wrong/misunderstood and/or are maybe treating me unfairly unintentionally. I don’t have the awareness of what my feelings precisely are in that moment as much as I’m just overwhelmed and feel metaphorically “erased” which can be pretty terrifying sometimes because it seems you don’t matter and will never be heard esp. in moments you need the other person to hear your cries.

and that it then waters down my otherwise pretty natural contra flow tendencies that esp shine with sxso because I can’t “fight back,” like at all. Not from a lack of will.

I think if I were to actually become healthy I would become slightly less innocent and slightly more “unseelie” maybe. I don’t know.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 05-23-2021 at 03:47 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katherine Fauvre has a really good tritype test.
    4w3-5w4-8w7
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Katherine Fauvre's test which was already mentioned. 9 and 4 are usually consistent in my tritype but I've gotten 6,7 and 5 as my head types before. The seeker tritype matches me more. I always get the same sx instinct, but sx/so in one of her tests and sx/sp in the other. Instinctual variants kinda confuse me so maybe it's accurate, maybe not.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never really been interested in the enneagram, I have never paid much attention to it. For the purpose of sheer speculation (Although I think nobody is going to respond), could someone who is interested in the enneagram be able to tell me how to interpret these results, and how they affect the personality proper?

Enneagram Rowe's test results.png

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The peacemaker

Mb

Also so instinct. Yup my tendency is towards being prosocial.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say very accurate. I self typed 684.