Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Differences between ILI-INTp and SLI-ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Interaction styles revolve around many things. Here you can see that your sister isn't moved by the kind of interaction your dad provides. He probably doesn't explain why things need to get done; he probably just demand them to be done. This is the opposite of how IEEs interact with other people. Instead of telling them to do this or do that, they explain why it is necessary to so in the first place (persuasion). IEE (and SEE) have Te HA and strive to do the rational thing. So they don't boss around unless there is a good reason to; and having a good reason it doesn't feel like bossing at all. Maybe that's why you comply so readily to your dad's requests: because a SEE would probably not "boss" you around unless it was for a good reason.

Also, your dad is weak on both Fe and Fi, which IEEs are not. If the SLI rebelled against IEE, and the IEE felt that there is no justified reason for that, then the IEE would probably say nothing and save resent for later. You have no idea the kind of elephant memory IEEs have; do something to them once and they will remember it forever. As punishment they would simply cut you off for a while and THAT would really hurt an SLI. Keep in mind that Fi Ha's hide it, but they are very sensitive to "being dropped" relationally speaking. They do not let people in easily (because they are really sensitive), but once inside, it's pure pain for them to be in bad terms with someone they care for. Also, explosive IEE rage, though rare, is something to kept at a good distance from.
    Good post. This is very true in my experience. IEEs do cut you off when they are hurt, and explain nothing. That sort of radio silence is pretty painful for Fi HA's, who typically engage their restrictive functions to control the situation (ILIs begin to limit their partner's options (Ne), SLIs limit their partner's actions (Se))

Well, back on topic, I don't think it's hard to tell SLIs from ILIs. SLIs do not really like to stay inside for long, they tend to be "street people". ILIs, on the other side, can be really homebodies. Though there are exceptions of course. My ex is an ILI and likes outdoor skating quite a bit.

Hm I wonder if this is true of all sensors vs intuitives. I would imagine sensors, being more identified with their bodies and senses, would easily become "saturated" with their home environment, whereas it would take longer to satiate an intuitive because half their attention is on abstractions. A positive change to a sensors' home, such as new ceiling lights, would probably affect them much more than an intuitive, who may not even notice.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 01-11-2015 at 10:58 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs dress simple and practical. The ones I know always have a (practical) reason or explanation to tell why they bought a piece of their outfit. I often advise with them first, when I need such a gear for a particular purpose (for warmth, solidity, adherence, etc).
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    My SLI boyfriend has a good sense of style (farthest thing from a fashionista but he is well put together) and it doesn't take him too much effort
    Lol, I'm sorry, I totally believe you. Calling SLI's a fashion disaster was probably not the right term anyway, because they're not dressed offensively, it's just the ones I know don't seem to put almost any effort into how they look and end up looking like they're ready to go hiking in the mountains or like they just rolled out of bed. ILI's can have a similar just rolled out of bed, didn't brush my hear look. Maybe it's Fe polr and not caring about their image .

I actually don't like guys who are over-styled, so it doesn't bother me (unless it's really bad)

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    SEI's are very good dressers in general, but SLI's look sloppy or like fashion is the last thing on their mind.
    Hm, I believe you if you say so, but this is certainly not all of them. I only know a few SLIs closely, but they all seem very sensitive to things being out of place aestethically and have always taken very good care of their own appearance - I can't really tell the difference to how my SEI friends dress. Both SEIs and SLIs are the ones I tend to go to for opinions when I'm not sure about style-related things. My bf is SLI and he's a real pain in the ass to go shopping with, as he usually knows exactly what he wants and nothing with even the slightest difference in the shade of his preferred colour (etc) is ever accepted. I've hear more than just a few people title him as the best dressing man they know. Then there's this SLI girl that works two jobs in the side of her studies, so she has more money to invest on clothes and accessories. I also think @Vois is SLI, but I don't know if there's been many photos of her here.

That we agree on. Funny, One of my IEE friends just discovered steam punk fashion and is over the moon about it. The problem is I find styles like 50's housewife and steam punk really unappealing. But I wasn't talking about these stylish IEE's, but more the ones that in a unique stylish attempt put on everything they find in their closet - at the end nothing matches, the colors are uncoordinated and their red-green hair clashes with everything. On top of that they find a small hippy backpack before leaving the house

Basically, I like unique styles and crazy hair when people have style and aren't color-blind and ime IEE's tend to struggle with that. It's adorable, but still ugly : ).
    Yeah, I think we're on the same page here. I guess I don't necessarily think their styles are good in terms of aesthetics, but I still like them way better than the regular blue jeans-black shirt-brown leather boots-blond/brown hair-style that the vast majority of people seem to have here, just for being playful and cheery and interesting.

[QUOTE=darya;1070040] Hmm, most Si polrs I know are dressed pretty conventionally and nothing really stands out (even if some detail is off). ILI's and ILE's are hit or miss. [QUOTE]

In my experience, the vast majority of LIEs are absolutely terrible when it comes to appearances. I used to be friends (until he went and died) with this LIE guy whose typical outfit would be something like, light blue worn out harem pants, huge light blue t shirt, old people's safety shoes (imagine these with ice spikes and big zippers in the place of the laces ) a messy beard and half-finished dreadlocks. He was of course a bit of an extreme case, but the rest haven't exactly impressed me either.

To be fair, there are many fashion disasters among all types - Se base can also be highly questionable. You also have to take into consideration that I live in a very fashion-backwards country, so whatever style people try to attempt they mostly end up looking like the 2004 version of it
    Yeah, there's defnitely disasterous individuals among all types. In general, though, I think sensors are much better at this than intuitives. The bad dressing Se-egos I've know have been facepalm-worthy (some possibly on purpose), but the vast majority of them seem to have and idea of what their ideals are and if/how they are achievable.

What country do you live in, if I may ask? That 2004 thing sounds a lot like the finnish country side.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta irrationals are by far the biggest disasters when it comes to style.
    A person like you uses socionics to project a lot of stereotypes and qualities a man wouldn't date. Shape up sometime.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    A person like you uses socionics to project a lot of stereotypes and qualities a man wouldn't date. Shape up sometime.
    Damn, and I hoped you and I have dating potential

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Damn, and I hoped you and I have dating potential
    Listen to what I'm saying, no sarcasm for once.

Have a good life.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Listen to what I'm saying, no sarcasm for once.

Have a good life.
    I don't listen to miserable pathetic losers.

No sarcasm.

Creepy-male

lmao

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lol, I'm sorry, I totally believe you. Calling SLI's a fashion disaster was probably not the right term anyway, because they're not dressed offensively, it's just the ones I know don't seem to put almost any effort into how they look and end up looking like they're ready to go hiking in the mountains or like they just rolled out of bed. ILI's can have a similar just rolled out of bed, didn't brush my hear look. Maybe it's Fe polr and not caring about their image .

I actually don't like guys who are over-styled, so it doesn't bother me (unless it's really bad)
    SLI's can be well dressed due to having Si dom and Fe polr. I see quite a few SLI's on lookbook and it's quite a common type imo on that site.

Example of Fe Polr
    http://lookbook.nu/holynights

Super-ego is an area of social pressure and many types trying to accomplish it despite the pain it can cause, often creating a neurotic response. In SLI this is in the domain of and .

What's is important with Fe polr is that often the purpose of fashion is to emotionally deaden vs emotionally arouse. It's like a mute button to what valuing types attempt to achieve.

Example of Fe
    http://lookbook.nu/ebbaz

I'm quite happy I can pull the lookbook card...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally subjective opinion, grain of salt coming up here: a couple of the SLIs I currently know are the most simple dressers.

The young one wears mostly sports clothing, hoddies, skater shoes in the latest fashion colour pallette (neon greens, blues, ect).

The older one owns at least 50 plain cotton T-shirts, same size, varying only in printed patterns, with mostly plain solid colours. If you looked in his closet you would see all 50 of these shirts hung up in order of colour. I beleive they are worn until the fabric is worn out. The T-shirt is saved, but never worn again. Jeans are the pants of choice. For shoes he wears black coloured runners that have excellent arch support. I know cause I wear them when I have to rush outside.

What they both share in common is that the clothes are never, ever, dirty. Even though the older one is a blue collar worker.

I believe comfort, convenience, feel, then style is the order an SLI choses their clothing.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Obviously being well dressed is a very subjective opinion. Hmm, unless you only rely on the opinions of others, fashion sites and mags to tell you what looks good. :/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Obviously being well dressed is a very subjective opinion. Hmm, unless you only rely on the opinions of others, fashion sites and mags to tell you what looks good. :/
    Taste has a subjective part, but taste is also quite objective due to it's basis in the human organism and society. Matters of taste taken as naive subjectivity fails to recognize that taste is in many ways dictated by objective factions such as genetics, social upbringing, environment and education.

Aesthetics is a very big topic in philosophy and it cannot be seen thru a purely subjective lense.

IMO, fashion sites and mags deal of with trends and classicism. Trends being reactionary to previous trends and classicism dealing with things like fit, comfort, shape and some static characteristics in human interpretation of aesthetics.

The mind might be "subjective" but it's often that way in predictable and regular manner due to the "objective". I don't really think debates over subjectivity or objectivity matter too much, they tend to distract from more implicit questions, such as how does the mind influence and how does it not influence.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Cool, thanks for sharing this. It sounds similar to my ex's (ILI) response to Se. His dad was SLE-Se and his mom EII-Ne. His dad was his major source of stress since he felt pressured all the time to do things the way his dad wanted him to while wanting to do his own thing. He tried to do both (for financial reasons) which I know was hard on him. His dad would often say things in an attempt to diminish his achievements but I think it was out of jealousy. His dad would say how he could do this and that and he didn't have a university degree... His dad would have prefered if he had run the family business instead of getting a masters degree. :/

I had to act as a bridge (translator) between all three of them, most of the time, in conversations to ease the tension in the room. The tension was mostly between him and his dad or his mom and his dad. I was like the only one who could kind of see where the SLE dad was coming from and I felt bad for him when they would get totally frustrated and ignore his pushing.

With The ILI's EII mom it was totally different. She had a genius IQ level but he had a an excellent counter-argument on every issue they discussed. I hate to put it this way but he sort of crushed her in debate and I often felt bad for her. He wasn't being mean or anything. He just always had the better arguments but I rarely saw him engage his dad in arguments. If anything he sort of inwardly dismissed a lot of what his dad had to say outright because of the manner it was presented to him. I think he felt a bit superior to his dad and it came out in a cold way when they communicated. When I was there I would try to lighten the situation up and let his dad know I appreciated the stories of his accomplishments because they never did. That was a hard family to have dinner with!

Edit: I think from all my various posts (on the influence ILI have had on me) on this forum that it is apparent that I hold them in high regard and admire the way their brains function.
    No thank you for this repsonse. What you wrote about your ILI friend and his dad sounds exactly like my relationship with my dad. I am in the same field as he is actually. I didn't have anything else to do after getting my BS. Luckily I found a niche and really enjoy the way it has worked out for me, but my Dad is still not happy. He is always trying to edit me, as if he thinks my approach to things is flawed. He is also endlessly frustrated by how he says I "coast" through life, and that everything comes easy to me. I know my emotional "dullness" weighs on him and he thinks I am ungrateful. He is a good person and I know he tries, but he is so blind to any perspective but his own. He won't listen to my evaluations of things and I just get the feeling that he doesn't like me at all sometimes. He has told me that I am a quiet arrogant bastard when we have been together in prolonged contact. I guess that is his Fi PoLR working.

It was hard to grow up with him because I think the Semi-duality thing really throws you off. You can't ignore the person because their base function naturally intrigues you, so you listen, but it is somehow a bit unsatisfying at the same time, like we click but he doesn't acknowledge the things I do, who I am. I remember him telling me about how important it was to make sure I had sex with a great number of women to "get it out of my system and not regret anything when I am older", and how repulsed I was by that. I remember hitting him with naive Fi notions of being a good person and him telling me that nice guys lose and that if I wanted to be like that I wouldn't get anywhere. He would always tell me to push people to get what I want.

It occurs to me that I could likely type for hours about this topic so I'll stop here, but I just wanted to thank you again for taking the time to make this post. It hit home for me.

Apologies for extending off topic discussion.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't paid too much attention to the fashion aspect except that I think ILIs are more mentally preoccupied with fashion than SLIs, or at least more likely to talk about a certain look they'd like to go for instead of just going for it, or else trying in a hit or miss kind of way. But SLIs tend to come off as either polished looking (usually the more feminine ones, male or female) and acting, or coming off as gritty, earthy, and rustic (Harrison Ford, Booker DeWitt. Clint Eastwood cowboy characters), and they always seem grounded and present in a physical sense (applies to both men and women). ILIs, on the other hand, are often more detached from a physical standpoint, being there physically but in a more disengaged way. ILIs, to me, feel more aloof, if they're that type, or warmer if they're the more openly affable type.

Both types can be rather skeptical, but SLIs seem more likely to dismiss something because it just seems impractical, far-fetched, and ridiculous, refusing to begin to imagine it. An ILI will probably imagine it and then destroy an idea based on the abstract constructs they've built in their head.

Humor between the two can be pretty different. I don't have too many SLI examples in mind but feel the humor is more connected to concrete events that happened irl or on the television and focus on how it happened and the irony in it. ILI humor can vary, but I find a lot of the comments for the AV Club to be largely ILI humor (I think that site appeals to ILIs more than any other single type).

Fun story (spoiler alert, it's not really that fun): I had the good fortune of attending a Toby Keith concert that happened to fall on September 11. Prior to opening the gates, they had this karaoke booth set up where people could sing their favorite Toby Keith song. Do you know that it's possible for people to perform basically nothing but boot up your ass for a solid hour without losing enthusiasm for it? Because I sure do.
    I just find that common with some ILIs, particularly the last line. I can't deconstruct it too well, but some ILIs do really hone on trends, time, and a trope or phenomena and make observations intended to be humorous. I don't find that kind of meta humor with SLIs, usually. I think it's a more intuition thing than sensing.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    Taste has a subjective part, but taste is also quite objective due to it's basis in the human organism and society. Matters of taste taken as naive subjectivity fails to recognize that taste is in many ways dictated by objective factions such as genetics, social upbringing, environment and education.

Aesthetics is a very big topic in philosophy and it cannot be seen thru a purely subjective lense.

IMO, fashion sites and mags deal of with trends and classicism. Trends being reactionary to previous trends and classicism dealing with things like fit, comfort, shape and some static characteristics in human interpretation of aesthetics.

The mind is might be "subjective" but it's often that way in predictable and regular manner due to the "objective". I don't really think debates over subjectivity or objectivity matter too much, they tend to distract from more implicit questions, such as how does the mind influence and how does it not influence.
    Subjectively speaking, I did like a lot of the lookbook pages you posted in chatbox before.

Subjective vs Objective

In stories, newspapers, and the spoken word, people all over the world are trying to convince you to think as they do. They are bombarding you with facts and figures, opinions and projections. It is up to you to create order within this chaos and find the patterns that will help you to understand what is true, what could be true, and what is outright false. In order to do all this, you need to have a firm grip on what is objective and what is subjective.

Definition of Objective and Subjective

Objective is a statement that is completely unbiased. It is not touched by the speaker’s previous experiences or tastes. It is verifiable by looking up facts or performing mathematical calculations.

Subjective is a statement that has been colored by the character of the speaker or writer. It often has a basis in reality, but reflects the perspective through which the speaker views reality. It cannot be verified

using concrete facts and figures.

When to Be Objective and Subjective

Objective : it is important to be objective when you are making any kind of a rational decision. It might involve purchasing something or deciding which job offer to take. You should also be objective when you are reading, especially news sources. Being objective when you are meeting and having discussions with new people helps you to keep your concentration focused on your goal, rather than on any emotions your meeting might trigger.

Subjective : can be used when nothing tangible is at stake. When you are watching a movie or reading a book for pleasure, being subjective and getting caught up in the world of the characters makes your experience more enjoyable. If you are discussing any type of art, you have to keep in mind that everyone’s opinions on a particular piece are subjective.

Easy Ways to Remember Objective and Subjective

Objective : sounds like the word object. You should be objective whenever you are discussing an object, something concrete that you can hold or touch. The facts that make up your objective statement should also be concrete, solid objects.

Subjective : is just the opposite. You can’t point to subjective subjects. They are all in your head and your past experiences. Subjective opinions are ephemeral and subject to any number of factors that can range from facts to emotions.

Examples of Objective and Subjective

Objective : scientific facts are objective as are mathematical proofs; essentially anything that can be backed up with solid data.

Subjective : opinions, interpretations, and any type of marketing presentation are all subjective.

Summary:

1.Objective and subjective statements are used by speakers to get their points across.
    2.Objective statements are facts that can be verified by third parties while subjective statements may or may not be entirely true as they are colored by the opinions of the speaker.
    3.Objective statements are most commonly found in the hard sciences, whereas subjective statements are generally used to describe the arts.

Read more: Difference Between Objective and Subjective | Difference Between | Objective vs Subjective http://www.differencebetween.net/lan...#ixzz3OdvTsHAL

I would rather walk on hot coals than debate it though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the catacombs.

I'd have to say that ISTp's are definitely sensation driven. From the automotive forums, while everybody else is chit-chatting, ISTp's are the ones that are offline, wrenching on their own in their garage, building some massive 500hp beast out of an ordinary car. They like going fast and the sensations that that gives them. When they go to the racetrack it's not for recognition like maybe an ESTp, but purely for an Si sensational thrill standpoint. An ISTp at work started a sky diving club. That same guy has a whole showcase of various empty hot sauce (tobasco, etc) bottles on top of a cabinet in his office, having probably used each and every one and able to tell you precisely how each one tastes and feels.

Another ISTp I know loves fine foods and restaurants, and the feel of a great hotel with top notch service. They always know where exactly to go to eat and where exactly to stay for a great experience. I also ran into an ISTp mattress salesman once. He could break down and classify every different type of mattress for me (Te) and then how exactly it should make me "feel" (Si). He was extremely helpful because what he was pointing out I never would have noticed on my own. What I care about mattresses is "can I sleep good at night or not", but he could help me tell if i would or not almost immediately with more attention to Si.

With PoLR-Fe they're not necessarily all that sociable or "active" at least to the observer which is similar to INTp's. They can appear rather cold and detached, which is probably not much different than INTp's in that regard.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That we agree on. Funny, One of my IEE friends just discovered steam punk fashion and is over the moon about it. The problem is I find styles like 50's housewife and steam punk really unappealing. But I wasn't talking about these stylish IEE's, but more the ones that in a unique stylish attempt put on everything they find in their closet - at the end nothing matches, the colors are uncoordinated and their red-green hair clashes with everything. On top of that they find a small hippy backpack before leaving the house

Basically, I like unique styles and crazy hair when people have style and aren't color-blind and ime IEE's tend to struggle with that. It's adorable, but still ugly : ).
    It's NOT a hippy backpack, it's an owl purse and it's CUTE and who cares if it MATCHES because I LIKE IT!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a SLI friend and between the two of us, she is definitely the better dresser. I actually go to her for tips and critique on my fashion.

I would say that the most distinct difference between us is that she is really quite random, while I am not. Of course, it takes the right person to unlock that randomness, but once that has occurred she acts in a manner that is almost childish. Ne seeking perhaps?

I'm also way more impulsive than her. She is more grounded and has a good idea of what she wants or doesn't want to do, while I can be dragged along by the Se doms who have a sudden thirst for adventure. (I secretly love it heh)
    Last edited by Alstroemeria; 01-16-2015 at 05:12 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At its simplest, ILI washed out hipster vs SLI washed out athlete. *washed out as opposed to glamorous ... solids over strips ... black and grey*

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    ILIs might be found kinky provocative sometimes (e.g. "you tiger!"). I don't remember SLI doing that. (varies largely with one's personal culture, though)
    So true. There's this girl at school who I thought was SLE, but now I'm pretty sure she's ILI-Te. I remember she once told me, "I read that you're doing your HTML Resource Guide on Dostoevsky. Sexy!" No matter what she says though or how she talks, she still seems like she's Fe-PoLR as opposed to Fe-valuing. She once got in trouble with an LSE-Si teacher for talking when many students were still finishing a mid-term. And then when the teacher accused her of making noise when she wasn't, presumably, the ILI-Te girl said, "Jesus Christ." She kind of got in trouble for that. Another reason I'm pretty sure she's ILI-Te is that she gets along really well with this guy who's ESI-Fi. I think he doesn't like me that much; at times it seems like she likes me more, just not more than she likes him.

I guess ILI's might seem goofier or zanier than SLI's. They also tend to seem less relaxed. IEI's are also often more tense, uptight, and/or anxious than SLI's, and I think ILI's are similar in that regard (ILI's and IEI's are both mobilized decisive types). I also think ILI's are more likely to be disrespectful towards authority than SLI's, and ILI's might be more likely to use swear words than SLI's, although that's probably not always true. And I think ILI's might be more likely to like fantasy shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer as compared to SLI's. Yet I did know a likely ESI-Fi? who liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well. Perhaps that show is quite popular with quite a lot of Gammas and Betas.

On the first day of class when the teacher asked everyone what they read during the break, she said, "I read this book that teaches you how to fuck with people's minds," or something like that. The teacher responded with something like, "Just don't try it on me."

Examples of dialogues:

EIE-Ni: “You’re in trouble.”

ILI-Te: “Am I? Did my mother scold me this morning?”

EIE-Ni: “You’ll still have to talk to the teacher."

ILI-Te: “Why? Is she my parent? Can she pass judgment on me from a moral or ethical standpoint?”

ESI-Fi: “I’m actually quiet and uninteresting.”

ILI-Te: “Yeah, that’s why I like you.”

ESI-Fi: “I know virtually nothing about pop culture.”

For what it's worth, the ILI-Te has never struck me as being emotional or sensitive. In fact, she said some pretty insensitive things to a fellow ILE-Ti classmate once, and he stopped sitting beside her in class because of the things she told him. Yet so far, she's always been pretty nice with me.

I think ILI's are more likely to offend people or 'cause scenes', so to speak, but not in an Fe way, which is more emotional and/or reactive and/or crazy. The ILI might not realize they're causing a disturbance or pissing someone off, yet the ILI never gets angry or emotional or anything. Yet like in the example I mentioned, the LSE-Si does get angry.

My vague impression of SLI's is that they generally tend to be calm and unenthusiastic. Yet I'm sure some of them can be grumpier or mean or whatever. I'm sure not all of them have a 'positive attitude'; and it's likely that some ILI's actually have a more positive attitude than some SLI's.

EDIT:

http://rickdelong.com/socionics/practice/mood.shtml

"Types and their Overall Moods

ILI (Critic): goofy; don't reveal their inner life; interested in processes; passive relaxedness; ironic attitude

SLI (Craftsman): soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; emotionally cool"

Edit (X2): I once talked to this ESE-Si girl about the ILI-Te girl. The ESE-Si girl said that it's kind of endearing how the ILI-Te girl says pretty much whatever's on her mind, but..... She also told me that I'm "not socially retarded."

In addition, since at the time I thought the ILI-Te girl might be SLE, I asked the ESE-Si girl if she thinks the ILI-Te girl is like Courtney Love. (The ESE-Si girl actually saw Courtney Love in concert.) The ESE-Si girl said something like Courtney Love filters herself more, that she thinks more about how she comes across or what she's going to say.... So interestingly, she's sort of saying that one particular SLE-Se actually has more of a social filter (and/or perhaps more emotional intelligence) than one particular ILI-Te. Or maybe it's just the idea that many Fe-valuing types (in real life) feel less inclined to make a bad ('social') situation worse, whereas Fi-valuing types [especially if they're logical (and negativist?; like ILI and LSE)] sometimes tend to do exactly that. [Yet I'm sure there are some male EII's (especially if they're older) who also tend to make bad ('social'/'school'/'work') situations worse by the way they react to people.]
    Last edited by HERO; 01-28-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to narrow a SLI's typical style seems pointless to me. There are more male SLI's than female SLI's and GENERALLY SPEAKING, most males don't care much about fashion. I do, however, think they're more likely to choose simple, harmonious and comfortable clothing. It's what I do. My closet is very basic. Jeans and black pants that go with anything... neutral colors.

And goddamnit, please stop saying sli's like to fix cars.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be hard-pressed to call all the ILIs I know goofy. Eccentric, maybe.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILIs have nice big titties.

ILIs have nice big titties.
    even the men?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    even the men?
    Sometimes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sli's seem passive and inert like ILI's but they actually have very strong willpower, they usually stubbornly persist to get what they want, and cannot be forced to do something they don't want. ILIs are naturally more patient and accomodating, from my experience they tend to need larger physical distances from people to compensate. SLIs also tend to get bored more easily, ILI's find a lot of joy exploring their imaginations. And SLIs can be very cautious abut how they use their time, and over plan for the future. ILI's only loosely plan for the future, they take it for granted that things can change and flow with changes much better. Time for an ILI works for them, an SLI experiences time like a dog on a leash.

Also SLIs have a constant subconscious awareness of the nearby surroundings (Se), because that's where they get the internal sensations of Si. SLI's have a stronger need for specific surroundings to stabalize their sense of self, and can be aggressive about securing them. ILI's can be strangely oblivious to their surroundings, are nowhere near as aggressive about securing them, although they appreciate good aesthetics all the same.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sli's seem passive and inert like ILI's but they actually have very strong willpower, they usually stubbornly persist to get what they want, and cannot be forced to do something they don't want. ILIs are naturally more patient and accomodating, from my experience they tend to need larger physical distances from people to compensate. SLIs also tend to get bored more easily, ILI's find a lot of joy exploring their imaginations. And SLIs can be very cautious abut how they use their time, and over plan for the future. ILI's only loosely plan for the future, they take it for granted that things can change and flow with changes much better. Time for an ILI works for them, an SLI experiences time like a dog on a leash.
    Also SLIs have a constant subconscious awareness of the nearby surroundings (Se), because that's where they get the internal sensations of Si. SLI's have a stronger need for specific surroundings to stabalize their sense of self, and can be aggressive about securing them. ILI's can be strangely oblivious to their surroundings, are nowhere near as aggressive about securing them, although they appreciate good aesthetics all the same.
    This is actually quite accurate. I myself don't need much in regards to my physical surroundings, just having a secure shelter, soft bed, and warmth for the night is enough (and in a pinch, the soft bed can slide). Though a stunning view and other luxuries allowed to the wealthy are always nice they are not required. So long as my accommodations are not akin to a "prison cell" things are going just fine.

The thing about time is also accurate. I know I will succeed, the plan is unfolding at an acceptable pace most of the time. Wish it'd unfold faster but you can't really force these issues through without unacceptably large expenditures of resources better left conserved for a true emergency. I plan only loosely because events I have no control over could drastically change my forecasts. Y'know, like if WWIII kicks off that's going to affect a large swath of things and require a complete re-working of any "complex" plan (having to get to an area unlikely to be nuked ASAP being the first major wrench in your plans in that case for instance). By keeping it loose I am keeping it adaptable. Rigid planning is pie in the sky thinking, everyone knows the plan never survives first contact with the enemy and that improvisation will thus be required .

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one needs a bump
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    - Tunnel Vision + Ballistic
    - Peripheral + Ballistic
    - Tunnel Vision + Directed
    - Peripheral + Directed

Directed = Always tending toward one object / point(looking for one thing).
    Ballastic = Always scanning the area(not knowing what to look for; seeing everything)
    Tunnel Vision = Tending towards keeping eyes on the subject.
    Peripheral = Tending towards straying eyes to the side - the wider view.
    People claim I have tunnel vision. I think I have very hard time to see all the details in front of me. For example I failed my first driving test because I saw yield triangle as warning triangle....

Yes! These kinds of things happens a lot to me. But I'm still alive (casualties: 0, at least to my knowledge). I have made lot of people impatient with this gift of mine. They need to point me specifics. In school/study settings I have failed several times to get highest test score because I didn't read the whole question. I just didn't notice it that several lines down there was part b) because it didn't follow overall structure of the test paper etc...

So is it an actual incidence that socionics uses (warning) triangles as sign of intuition?
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 10-13-2015 at 03:09 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    So is it an actual incidence that socionics uses (warning) triangles as sign of intuition?
    Well, if we're gonna get into technicalities and shit then let's go all the way. The "All-Seeing Eye" is encapsulated within a pyramid, a triangle. Intuition is basically the ability to see that which is not seen by the common person. And yet the common person can see what this "prophet" often misses. They've got eyes that work properly, hence the circle/sphere of the sensory people. Black and white naturally contrasting with each other and there ya go.

people want people to help them see the unseen/predictable shit that they subconsciously know they're missing, people want people to help focus that exploding panorama of every single crazy possible thing that could maybe possibly happen into a neat manageable field of actionable/likely possibilities. You get the same image either way, just with a different color scheme. Like photographs, the negative is always the opposite of the positive you're hoping to get. Might explain why people so often mistake their conflictors for their duals. You're so close, yet also the exact opposite of what you really want... Eh, it sucks when you mismatch the erotic attitudes but at least ya learn a lesson in the process. That or get so psychologically scarred that you adapt an attitude that precludes you from ever finding true love/an actual dual. Such is the nature and risks of romance .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    istp - more athletic, talks a lot less, more outgoing
    intp - generally less careful about his apperance, talks a lot more if approached, less nightlife oriented

Hello FDG! This may seem a bit out of the blue, but I only just chanced upon this thread, and your post...

Are ISTps prone to enjoy attending parties and engaging in nightlife-related activities?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Look, its all about the Si/Ni. Si-dom person is very obvious.
    How so??

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pastel View Post
    Hello FDG! This may seem a bit out of the blue, but I only just chanced upon this thread, and your post...

Are ISTps prone to enjoy attending parties and engaging in nightlife-related activities?
    Many of those I know, yes when young (<25). I almost only knwo Te subtypes.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    I think I indeed might be an ISTP but somehow in a kind of self-deluding way I want to be an INTP.
    Anyway…
    The main problem with the ISTP description I have is the emphasis on an 'active' life and wanting to go out and live.
    I in no way have an active life and I feel just fine about the reality of me not having an active life.
    Also the competitive description doesn't really fit me very well, even when playing sports at school I really didn't mind losing that much (unless we played bad). But I do like to play sports (watching can be a bit boring).
    But the rest of the description fits.
    Is it possible I could be hybrid of the two types?
    Funny you should say this. I have been wondering if I might be SLI.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you differentiate the supposed Se harshness of ILI against the S ''harshness'' of SLI?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I'd be hard-pressed to call all the ILIs I know goofy. Eccentric, maybe.
    Someone once said that it's not insanity if it's successful, then it's eccentric. I agree.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think one way could be by testing their attention to detail. ILI's like their super ego SEI's are good at that.

I have noticed that some SLI's around me have gotten suddenly pretty upbeat in your face like manner like their super ego IEI's.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on the boarder of SLI and ILI but I vote myself to be SLI because I hate it when my car gets too messy inside. Also I also take decent care of my hygiene and choose my cloths more carefully. When I go out I style my hair usually and make sure my clothes look good.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345