View Poll Results: Marilyn Monroe's type?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

0 0%
  • SEI

2 6.90%
  • ESE

0 0%
  • LII

0 0%
  • SLE

1 3.45%
  • IEI

15 51.72%
  • EIE

0 0%
  • LSI

0 0%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • ESI

2 6.90%
  • SEE

3 10.34%
  • ILI

0 0%
  • LSE

0 0%
  • EII

3 10.34%
  • IEE

3 10.34%
  • SLI

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Monroe

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I admittedly don't feel as if I know much about her but how about sx 3? Her whole feminine ideal image, America's sweetheart. Sex symbol. I hear there's a connection between sx 3 and sx 6's strength and beauty (3 integrates to 6 too). They also cultivate aspects of masculinity and femininity to attract a mate like sx 3. She looks like she belongs in the heart/image center, someone quite capable of managing her image instead of someone in the head/anxiety center. More like someone who conforms to the ideal image of her gender during her time than someone focused on authority and security. Maybe the 6 is in her tritype? I could go with IEE, too.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, she was pleased to death by what her image offered her.

Even her most famous banal quote shows a 6 at their best; the 3 would pretend they live in a glamorous fairy tale.

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

More:

“I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”
    “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.”
    “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.”
    “A sex symbol becomes a thing. I hate being a thing.”
    “People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn't see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one.”

(the last quotes in particular show the E3 satisfaction with being a bunch of surfaces that can keep people deluded)

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    I admittedly don't feel as if I know much about her but how about sx 3? Her whole feminine ideal image, America's sweetheart. Sex symbol. I hear there's a connection between sx 3 and sx 6's strength and beauty (3 integrates to 6 too). They also cultivate aspects of masculinity and femininity to attract a mate like sx 3. She looks like she belongs in the heart/image center, someone quite capable of managing her image instead of someone in the head/anxiety center. More like someone who conforms to the ideal image of her gender during her time than someone focused on authority and security. Maybe the 6 is in her tritype? I could go with IEE, too.
    Yeah, those 3's and 6's confuse me too lol (and 3's and 7's also). I admit she totally looks straight from the image center, but she was supposedly very frightened, fragile and always in need of protection. I think 3's are more independent and don't feel as helpless as she supposedly did. I think she was more after protection and not not so much after validation. She also has the cutesy vibe of phobic 6w7 (although maybe it was an act). Maybe she's 369? or 469?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretending or coming off as pretending to live in a glorious fairy tale seems more 7ish (especially sx 7ish) than 3ish to me. If she's sx 3, I don't think acting as if life is a glorious fairy tale especially during those times is the feminine ideal or a desirable image to have. I think 3s especially sx 3s can be a bit more complex than that, you know? I see what you're getting at in the quotes though, I can see some 6ish things and you probably know more of her than I do.

Maybe she's really a 6 or her tritype had an influence in what you mentioned, @darya. Between those two, I'd guess 369. Oh and these people also think 369 (which are all connected) for her although sx 3 and they claim extroverted sx (water) subtypes are often typed as 6 whereas introverted sx (water subtype) people are often typed as 4. They seem less conventional though even if they are in enneagram monthly. I think I linked you their stuff before. They also use Jungian stuff that makes sense but I disagree with rough correlations like sx introverts being the Ni doms and soc introverts being the Ti doms (which is what I assume they believe).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I couldn't agree more. But what do those exerted actions have to do with information metabolism?

The INFp-ESFp was Audry Hepburn... so Marylin must be ESFp-INFp.

And true to form, I encountered a person of that type just a few nights ago. The same relaxed pose, the softly squinting eyes, the flowing hair... and extremely outgoing and sociable. We were at a "field trip" to a bar for the conduction of an ethnography, and she seemed to know everybody. Very flamboyant. Yet when I tried to talk politics, she grew upset as soon as I invoked the concept of context lines. (most ESFPs do...) INTjs are naturally aware of these... conflictor vibes.

And beyond that, Marylin Monroe was a total slut.

Oh gosh. I made this account solely on the purpose of correcting you, even though it appears that you are banned and that you made your comment a long time ago, I still want to inform you of your misconception.

Marilyn Monroe was not a total slut. No. So many of the stories flying around are simply that and not true. Marilyn was a virgin when she married her first husband Jim Dougherty he has said and she was even scared of having sex. As her Aunt Ana or Grace rarely talked to her about sex to her when learning she was going to be married she asked them if she could just be married and not have to be involved physically with him at first. Marilyn didnot sleep with her film producers because to get better parts nor did she sleep with Hugh Hefner, she never even met him! Her calendar pictures were bought, it was not her choice for them to be in there. Marilyn had the chance many times to marry her agent Johnny Hyde, who was very wealthy and had serious health problems, but she frequently declined as she did not love him. Marilyn slept with her husbands obviously and some other people which she knew well and had relationships with. Nothing unusual or degrading. Just because Marilyn was viewed as a sex symbol this does not mean she herself was a “slut” or a “whore” horrible sexist terms which are passed around so unfairly and inaccurate! All Marilyn wanted from relationships was to be loved and relationships were obviously an important factor in this given her lack of love or sufficient security in her constantly changing upbringing. It is well known that Marilyn’s six month contract with Columbia Pictures was not renewed because she turned down the offer from Harry Cohn to have a weekend with him on his yacht. Further, Marilyn said this about the “Hollywood Wolves” - “I think I had many problems as the next starlet keeping the Hollywood wolves from my door. These wolves just could not understand me. They would tell me, ‘But Marilyn, you’re not playing the game the way you should. Be smart. You’ll never get anywhere in this business acting the way you do.’ My answer to them would be, ‘The only acting I’ll do is for the camera.’ I was determined, no one was going to use me or my body—even if he could help my career. I’ve never gone out with a man I didn’t want to. No one, not even the studio, could force me to date someone. The one thing I hate more than anything else is being used. I’ve always worked hard for the sake of someday becoming a talented actress. I knew I would make it someday if I only kept at it and worked hard without lowering my principles and pride in myself.”

Marilyn also did not have affairs, she slept with her husbands and a few others whilst she was unmarried(Marlon Brando to name a few), but not to the extent that many people believe. She did not sleep with JFK, as that is a false rumor and did not begin to circulate until 10 years after her death. A man named Robert Slatzer spoke of a red diary including details concerning JFK, but later confessed that he needed the money badly and so made everything up. Marilyn and JFK met 4 times, 3 at social events and once at Bing Crosby's house.

Audrey Hepburn also had more affairs than Marilyn Monroe and even though I love her and appreciate her talent, she is still made out to be some kind of saint. Grace Kelly too, Grace Kelly slept with every co-star except from James Stewart, but is still thought to be more classy than Monroe.

And her most famous quotes were not actually said by her at all.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” - This quote has no source, unlike her other(REAL) quotes. She did not say this at all.

"I am good, but I am no angel. I sin, but I am not the Devil. I am pretty, but I am not beautiful. I have friends but I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.” - This is another one that was not said by Marilyn.

She did say the one about a sex symbol becoming a thing and she did say the one about dogs.

She said the one about the mirror too.

Most likely all of her well known ''quotes'' were not said by her at all.

These are some real ones:

"I used to think as I looked out on the Hollywood night, 'There must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me dreaming of being a movie star.' But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest."

"In Hollywood a girl's virtue is much less important than her hairdo."

"Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents."

"I knew how third rate I was. I could actually feel my lack of talent, as if it were cheap clothes I was wearing inside. But, my God, how I wanted to learn! To change, to improve! I didn't want anything else. Not men, not money, not love, but the ability to act."

“I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.”

“That’s the trouble, a sex symbol becomes a thing. But if I’m going to be a symbol of something, I’d rather have it sex than some other things we’ve got symbols of.”

“I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.”

“Everybody is always tugging at you. They’d all like a sort of chunk out of you. I don’ think they realize it, but it’s like ‘grrr do this, grr do that…’ But you do want to stay intact–intact and on two feet.”

“It stirs up envy, fame does. People…feel fame gives them some kind of privilege to walk up to you and say anything to you–and it won’t hurt your feelings–like it’s happening to your clothing.”
    “She [Sadie Thompson] was a girl who knew how to be gay even when she was sad. And that’s important–you know?”

“I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made.”

“Fame is fickle and I know it. It has its compensations, but it also has its drawbacks and I’ve experienced them both.”

“With fame, you know, you can read about yourself, somebody else’s ideas about you, but what’s important is how you feel about yourself–for survival and living day to day with what comes up.”

"And I want to say that the people— if I am a star —the people made me a starno studio, no person, but the people did."

“Respect is one of life’s greatest treasures. I mean, what does it all add up to if you don’t have that? If there is only one thing in my life that I am proud of, it’s
    that I’ve never been a kept woman.”

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Marilyn is the prototypical sx 6w7 -> feeling the need to be beautiful and attractive as a matter of safety precaution to not be harmed and get protection from powerful men. She is not sx last in any shape or form.

As far as her type, I was convinced she was IEI or at least SEI before, but now I'm thinking she might have been IEE-Fi or EII. She looked like she was looking for a father figure and was calling her husband Daddy.

I was also thinking if Lana del Ray, which I also had as IEI, might be her identical (IEE-Fi maybe)? Not sure on this one though, but they seem similar to me. And Lana refers to many men as Daddy also, not to mention her creepy use of old guys in her videos and refering to herself as Lolita.

And Lana was supposedly a runaway teenager who seeked safety in the arms of older men. Idk, it all seems infantile to me. But maybe a victim cleverly giving the caregiver half his child

LMAO @darya you know I you, but basing Marilyn's and Lana's typings on the "daddy" thing is taking infantile stuff too far. They had/have daddy issues =/= infantiles.

I think SEE-Fi could be right, but really not sure. Someone above mentioned similarity between pre-op Marilyn and pre-op Britney - there's sth to it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    she looks more isfp in the pics baby posted.
    She does seem a whole lot more grounded and sensing before starting a career at Hollywood and needing to keep up a ditzy dreamy blonde sex symbol image.

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    That chick could handle a propeller like a pro?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE imo

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

borderline SEE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe 4w5 so/sx? Maybe 6w5 idk

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi 3w2 sx/sp

Just finished a movie about her. She was enchanting.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To me, she looks ESI. Especially in her earlier pictures. I can see where a person might see an extrovert (an SEE), but I think she desperately sought fame, and this might make her appear extroverted.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXFp

I used to think IEI could be likely but now think that was just acting/masking/trying to come across as something different to self.
    Last edited by Hays; 12-14-2019 at 09:47 PM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    To me, she looks ESI. Especially in her earlier pictures. I can see where a person might see an extrovert (an SEE), but I think she desperately sought fame, and this might make her appear extroverted.
    I think it’s just so last + Fi subtype. She did like her time alone (mostly to lick her wounds with some pills lol - SEE style alone time) but she was constantly charming and bubbly like 4D Fe. ExFp is often “ambiverted”.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEI is a ridiculous type for her. She has a super gamma mentality and it’s obvious in much of her quotes. Being romantic doesn’t make you IEI lol. IEI is not natural in the spotlight to that extreme. She was also very practical and looked sensing in her eyes, expression, etc. Looking seductive is NOT equal to looking intuitive.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    I think IEI is a ridiculous type for her. She has a super gamma mentality and it’s obvious in much of her quotes. Being romantic doesn’t make you IEI lol. IEI is not natural in the spotlight to that extreme. She was also very practical and looked sensing in her eyes, expression, etc. Looking seductive is NOT equal to looking intuitive.
    I don't think she was practical. She had horrible stage fright. Pretty sure she used drugs to cope.

But she was real, and to those who knew her Monroe was a devoted, if troubled, actress who took her craft seriously. In interviews, they remember her as an exceptionally bright and determined woman with a sly sense of humor — a far cry from the sweet but dumb blonds she played in such hits as 1953’s “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes,” 1955’s “The Seven Year Itch” and 1959’s"Some Like It Hot."She was also someone who could be exasperating to work with — unprofessional with deep insecurities.

But Murray recalled that Monroe had a difficult time remembering lines, a problem that would plague her through her career. “The joke was she couldn’t make two sentences meet,” said Murray, who noted that she was often two or three hours late on the set. “That was very strange, that lack of discipline,” said Murray.

She was a very experienced film actress, but she could forget so many of the mechanical techniques. She would constantly miss her marks so she would be out of focus or out of the light or in a shadow. I think it was a lack of confidence. For somebody who the camera loved, she was still terrified of going before the camera and broke out in a rash all over her body.”

Se dom consistently screwing up like that?

“There were two Marilyns that I met,” said Schiller, who writes about his experiences with Monroe in his new book, “Marilyn & Me.” “Marilyn in 1960 was like fresh dew on the lawn when you get up in the morning. She wasn’t the stupid dumb blond we saw in the movies. You could really see her humor and wit.”

But in those final months, Schiller felt that Monroe didn’t know “where she was in her life. She was fighting to stay alive. She couldn’t get to work on time. She was taking more of a toll on other people and the studio. She had no perspective. She had no idea what was going on really — no idea at all.”

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...804-story.html

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I don't think she was practical. She had horrible stage fright. Pretty sure she used drugs to cope.

Se dom consistently screwing up like that?
    She was very humorous and witty and lighthearted which I more associate with ExFx, IxFx gets tired doing that all the time. If she is intuitive, I’d wager IEE-Fi or EIE-Fe as types rather than IEI. But I don’t see 4D intuition of any kind. I just see a major preoccupation with relationships, fear of abandonment, and fixation on inner, personal feelings/values -> Fi. Sensuality was her biggest and best tool -> sensing.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re drugs: she had anxiety issues which isn’t related to S or N. She had a rough childhood and lacked her mother’s love and presence so she craved that love from the world and the anxiety stemmed from this. (Didn’t know her father either so, called her husband daddy and had relationship issues her whole life)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

She was very humorous and witty and lighthearted which I more associate with ExFx, IxFx gets tired doing that all the time. If she is intuitive, I’d wager IEE-Fi or EIE-Fe as types rather than IEI. But I don’t see 4D intuition of any kind. I just see a major preoccupation with relationships, fear of abandonment, and fixation on inner, personal feelings/values -> Fi. Sensuality was her biggest and best tool -> sensing.
    I can't see sensor personally but that is probably because I read her biography books when I was a teen.

Read this. I think it partially explains why she used her sex appeal to achieve her goals and why people project the image they expect of her, onto her, which might be very different than how she actually was. I did consider EIE too.

https://www.mottocosmos.com/personal...arilyn-monroe/

and this

There are many poignant moments in Fragments, bringing into more intense focus than ever before how much desolation Monroe had to fight against when she wasn’t resorting to all her razzle-dazzle tricks. “I am depressed with my whole life since I first remember,” she notes. And in another place she writes: “remembering when I couldn’t do a god/damn thing./ then trying to build myself up with the / fact that I have done things right that/ were even good and have had moments/ that were excellent but the bad is heavier/ to carry around and feel have no confidence….” Her abiding sense of emptiness is brought vividly home by a dream she describes in which Lee Strasberg and one of her psychiatrists are preparing her for surgery—“to cure me of this terrible dis-ease/ whatever the hell it is—“only to discover that there is nothing inside of her but “finely cut sawdust—like out of a raggedy ann doll.” The fact that she was able to put out as much in the way of entertainment value as she did notwithstanding is quite a tribute to both her native talent and her trained will. Perhaps the wonder is not that she was late to the set as often as she was (she was fired from her last movie, Something’s Got to Give, because of her repeated lateness and absences) but that she showed up at all.

Having said that, the dark side of Marilyn is not exactly a revelation. What does come as more of a surprise is the joyous, functioning Monroe that also leaps out of these pages. She is an avid student with a keen intellectual appetite, taking diligent notes on Renaissance art. She is an excellent reader of scripts, with an intuitive feel for where the focus of a narrative should be. Regarding The Misfits, she writes: “I feel the camera has got/ to look though Gay’s/ eyes whenever he is in a/scene and even when is/ not there still has to be a sense of/ him.” And, contrary to all the rumors of her ditzy sloppiness, she turns out to be quite the occasional Hausfrau, taking down recipes in great detail and organizing a dinner party down to the guest towels.

A sudden chill enters the book about midway with the entry of someone named “Peter,” who the editors surmise might be the actor Peter Lawford, who was married to John Kennedy’s sister Pat. Monroe refers to “being afraid of Peter he might/ harm me, / poison me.” Her instincts were on the whole rather solid; Lawford would eventually introduce her to both his brother-in-law and Bobby Kennedy and Marilyn would go on to have affairs with both men, who may or may not have conspired in her death but who certainly didn’t leave her feeling happy.

That she was indeed capable of feeling happy—of being absorbed by both simple and more cerebral pleasures—as well as connected with great affection to those people she came to trust becomes eminently clear, making her frequent dips into anguish all the sadder to contemplate. One comes away from this book with a sense of profound loss—as well as great admiration for the many ways in which Monroe succeeded in warding off her demons, all of them suggestive of what she might yet have become had time been on her side. Fragments provides an intimate look at a complex woman, brimming with intelligence and awareness, who learned that boobs and breathiness were her calling card. It is hard to think of an equivalent actress today who would so earnestly engage in self-accounting and improving her mind. Now it is all twitter and branding and the dedicated cultivation of inauthenticity.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/marily...of-her-diaries

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see sensor personally but that is probably because I read her biography books when I was a teen.

Read this. I think it partially explains why she used her sex appeal to achieve her goals and why people project the image they expect of her, onto her, which might be very different than how she actually was. I did consider EIE too.

https://www.mottocosmos.com/personal...arilyn-monroe/

and this
    Well of course she is more than / deeper than just a sex object. Everyone in Hollywood is. People are people. If there’s anything I’m sure of it’s that she’s NOT an introvert. She craved outside stimulation rather than internal. Extroverts do not have to be extroverted socially. This forum is the ONLY place I’ve seen her typed INxx and I do not see it whatsoever.

”I have feelings” does not = “I am INxx”

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well of course she is more than / deeper than just a sex object. Everyone in Hollywood is. People are people. If there’s anything I’m sure of it’s that she’s NOT an introvert. She craved outside stimulation rather than internal. Extroverts do not have to be extroverted socially. This forum is the ONLY place I’ve seen her typed INxx and I do not see it whatsoever.

Hollywood celebrities are not people, they're Jewish Nazi Jesuit Freemason lizards.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Could just be Se seeking. "I am sexy and know how to use it" doesn't just apply to ExFx. We could do this all day but I don't wanna.

Extroverted Sensing (Se, )

IEIs are often relatively inactive and indecisive. Many IEIs may be relatively immobile and hesitant to interact with the outside world. IEIs can withdraw from action in many social or working situations, and may come across as inhibited or shy. They may feel as though trapped in their own thoughts and dreams. Some IEIs, however, are generally less reclusive and more comfortable in social situations, but even they may feel as observers and unable to mobilize themselves spontaneously.

IEIs may tend to be stimulation seekers. This does not necessarily mean that they seek to surround themselves with alcohol, members of the opposite sex, and debauchery, but rather that they often seek some form of mental, social, or other stimulus. Often, however, they are not very skilled at spontaneous self-stimulation. They may seek to reproduce previous mental themes or past experiences and may have a deliberate, deadbeat attitude towards new events. They tend to only escape this cycle of inertia when impelled by another with stronger initiative. Some IEIs may be especially prone to enjoy such adventuresome sensations as lighthearted mischief or playful aggression.

IEIs tend to have indecisive or even fickle air about them, and often give others the impression that they do not know exactly what they want. They have a tendency to vacillate on important decisions or establish clear goals in situations with some ambiguity. In the presence of others who make decisions quickly and assertively, the determinations of others may be accepted easily and relieve the IEI's confusion.

IEIs tend to admire and gravitate towards individuals who are decisive, assertive, and inclined to energetically defend their beliefs and opinions in discussions with others. Conversely, they tend to show little interest in individuals who they see as lacking those qualities.

YWIMW

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could just be Se seeking. "I am sexy and know how to use it" doesn't just apply to ExFx. We could do this all day but I don't wanna.
    Sorry, my real point is I am the sexiest.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to mention she was often prone to strong outward displays of hysteria on set which is consistent with strong -Fe aka SEE or EIE. Just something to consider: I am now done with this haha. I saw someone mention the possibility of borderline but I believe she is the poster child for histrionic PD.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are tons of IEI celebrities. SEE's are supposed to be powerful, resistant, volitional. She was not.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    There are tons of IEI celebrities. SEE's are supposed to be powerful, resistant, volitional. She was not.
    She was powerful and volitional, it was just in the shape of her power of attraction. SEE can be soft but soft is not weak and power and softness can coexist. I find her nearly untypable which is proved in this thread as is often the case with an sx 3... The sx 3, the media’s darling, the ultimate form of feminine or masculine. Sx 6 is my secondary typing because of the similar preoccupation with beauty but her reactivity was shallow and more explained by Cluster B and she was really a positive person at the core.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Se and SEE-Fi are wildly different in my book.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Se and SEE-Fi are wildly different in my book.
    She was neither.

Softness is not weakness.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    She was neither.
    There are IEI celebrities I agree.

I guess my arguments are too soon to break an odd perception.

The Britney Spears comparison is also spot on - and she is also an SF type (never was fully convinced of SEE but SF for sure - not ESI). You have to consider the era Marilyn lived in as well. It was not appropriate for girls to be “resilient, powerful, volitional”, etc. And as a 3 she had to follow what they wanted for the most part. Britney would go straight to the lobotomy lab if she were there. I feel if Marilyn were in our modern era she would be much more forward and most likely one of the outspoken divas we know: Madonna, Cher, Mariah Carey - who is also soft but strong, etc. I think everyone is being very close minded to my argument because they can’t accept that a lot of my points ARE true.

And even for HER time she was very scandalous for her sexual appearance and her behavior, including being hard to work with. You have not provided a single argument nor has anyone else besides stereotypes of functions briskly applied.

The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was.... -Fi

A career is born in public — talent in privacy. -Gamma

A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night. -Gamma SF tug of war between Fi and Te

Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world. -Se/Fi

Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. -Gamma

Like c’mon, it’s so fucking obvious.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma judger is what I see. ESI or LIE.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are IEI celebrities I agree.

I guess my arguments are too soon to break an odd perception.

The Britney Spears comparison is also spot on - and she is also an SF type (never was fully convinced of SEE but SF for sure - not ESI). You have to consider the era Marilyn lived in as well. It was not appropriate for girls to be “resilient, powerful, volitional”, etc. And as a 3 she had to follow what they wanted for the most part. Britney would go straight to the lobotomy lab if she were there. I feel if Marilyn were in our modern era she would be much more forward and most likely one of the outspoken divas we know: Madonna, Cher, Mariah Carey - who is also soft but strong, etc. I think everyone is being very close minded to my argument because they can’t accept that a lot of my points ARE true.

And even for HER time she was very scandalous for her sexual appearance and her behavior, including being hard to work with. You have not provided a single argument nor has anyone else besides stereotypes of functions briskly applied.

The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was.... -Fi

A career is born in public — talent in privacy. -Gamma

A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night. -Gamma SF tug of war between Fi and Te

Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she'll conquer the world. -Se/Fi

Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. -Gamma

Like c’mon, it’s so fucking obvious.
    It's more obvious to me that she's IP tbh, her body language is very languid at all times, no sign of fidgety behaviour or EP mannerisms

None of those quotes really apply to a quadra because of how short they are and it doesn't show the whole context of what is being said, anyone from any quadra could say that.

I doubt she's an enneagram 3 tbh, but she is a sx first
    Last edited by Breather; 12-14-2019 at 11:42 AM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SidneyCrosby View Post
    It's more obvious to me that she's IP tbh, her body language is very languid at all times, no sign of fidgety behaviour or EP mannerisms
    SEI leagues before IEI if we have to go there. But you can’t ignore what came out of the woman’s mouth, which unfortunately all of you are because she’s only good for T&A I guess. And what comes out is NOT beta or beta NF. Remember, her movements were a performance. I see the “fidgety behavior” in her mind pretty easily, she just didn’t allow her body to match it. 3-6-9 tritype will walk that way no matter their sociotype.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI leagues before IEI if we have to go there. But you can’t ignore what came out of the woman’s mouth, which unfortunately all of you are because she’s only good for T&A I guess. And what comes out is NOT beta or beta NF. Remember, her movements were a performance. I see the “fidgety behavior” in her mind pretty easily, she just didn’t allow her body to match it. 3-6-9 tritype will walk that way no matter their sociotype.
    I've seen 369s that are much calmer than that tbh, I think MM was a triple doubter

She could be 4w3

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SidneyCrosby View Post
    I've seen 369s that are much calmer than that tbh, I think MM was a triple doubter

She could be 4w3
    2w3 > 4w3, if not 3. She wasn’t a dark person at all. Being emotional isn’t 4 in the same way that it isn’t INFx. I say 2 > 4 because sx 2 is all about seduction and seduction to achieve their needs, wanting to be hot, wanting to be wanted, dramatic, etc. Sx itself is 4-ish. But her identity was based on getting attention, not being different.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought she was like a prototype SEI, but I guess IEI could work.. Either way clearly fe creative

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast